Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 launcher keeps telling me to install an update that i've already installed before.

Comments

• kiramilliexokiramilliexo Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Jake10 wrote:
    kalay5465 wrote:
    So my game is up to date but when i go to install the sims 3 generations it tells me that my game needs to be updated! help me ASAP!!!!!!! please?!!?

That means you just need to update your game! Just go to The Sims™ 3 Launcher, click on updates and check for new updates. And just install them it should work just fine. :)

i've had this problem too, but in my update manager it says that i don't need to update anything!
  • AlwayLoveJDAlwayLoveJD Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I've had the same problem, try restarting your computer then updating again, and if that doesn't work,make sure that you not only are signed into the launcher, but also the sims 3 site. and if that still doesn't work, make sure that aside from the game patch, make sure that your origin is up to date as well.

I did this and it worked, hopefully it will do the same for you. It might not work, but it's worth a shot. let me know if this solution works for you :):mrgreen:
  • tabbyandtj61909tabbyandtj61909 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have been trying to download the newest update (12-31-13) on the sims 3 launcher I have tried downloading it now for the fifth time and this time it went through a process I didn't see the times before so I figured it worked and I tried going to the exchange to download some things and it keeps telling me the installation has failed and a game update is needed but there is nothing for me to update because I have already done it please somebody help I just want to be able to actually download content for my game
  • simssimssims0simssimssims0 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    i have kind of the same proplem i have just got seasons and it says that i need to update it ( witch it does need updating ) but it just wont let me i keep hiting refresh and nothing pops up with an update im really getting sick of it so please help :?: :oops: :roll: :evil: :shock:
  • carson930carson930 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Sorry i cant help you there. :(
    But i have the same problem! But actually, I only have the Sims 3 and not anything else. It really annoys me, and i really want to play. :oops:

Phoenix, she didn't say, "If you have the same problem post it on this forum," she said, "I need help on this, thanks." :evil:
  • carson930carson930 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I have come with a solution! You have to open each and every expansion you have, and download the update for each of them from there own starters. It worked for me, if I said it too confusing, just reply and I'll put it in an easier way. :D
  • Jessica_580Jessica_580 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Guys I had this problem myself a while back, and this wonderful person named Crinrict (Sorry if I spelled it wrong :P) All you have to do is go to your sims 3 folder and click content patch, then the file download. There should be seven parts of it. This is my question here, it tells you mostly everything, then I have a question about a house so you don't need to read that.. Hope This Helps!
  • BalaefrogBalaefrog Posts: 48 New Member
    edited January 2014
    This exact thing happened to me once. I'm afraid you will need to delete the sims and reinstall it. The update will install properly and not bother you again after this.
  • SurfergirlrustySurfergirlrusty Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I see that I have an update. When I try to get it it tells me that i don't have internet connection, but I do. What do I do to fix this? Please help me.
  • Omgpop779Omgpop779 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Hey,

I have a simuler problem every time I go to play sims It says a updates available and if I say cancel it won't let me log in to my account :evil: so then when i do update it takes FOREVER :evil:

Please Someone Help :(
  • 0776584076307765840763 Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    My launcher keeps asking me to update my game and when i do, it asks me again when i launch my game. How do I update my game? Help Me!!!
  • ForeverSims_97ForeverSims_97 Posts: 80
    edited February 2014
    I was having problems updating my game when I first got it. On my laptop, after the game is finished updating, it asks me "Are you sure you want to allow Electronic Arts to make this change to your computer?" I have to click yes in a certain amount of time or it disappears and the update disappears as well. Then when I launch my game, it tells me I have to update again. It was so frustrating until one day I was in the same room when the update finished and I noticed that I had to 'allow' my computer to accecpt the update.
    So in other words, I had to BE there when the update finished to let it go to game. I don't know if your computer is the same, 07765840763, but I hope this helped you! Good luck! :)
  • nikkyy15nikkyy15 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    HELP! I am trying to log into my account on my sims pet expansion and when I type in my log in a message pops up saying I need to update sims 3 and when I update it something pops up saying it cant cos something else is running and I cant figure out what it is I have re installed it and everything
  • KyminiKymini Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    I don't appreciate who ever thought it was best to have it mandatory for everyone to have updates I feel that it should be optional. I am ****** to the max because I called the EA tech support and they had the nerve to tell me to pay 80 bucks for security and that that was the reason for my error. There is something behind all of this and they are going to lose alot of customers if they continue with the bull.
  • beverlysmithbeverlysmith Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    when i push play the game,i click log in, it tells me that i need to open launcher and update, but i have no updates so i cant play online!!!im very annoyed someone please help!!!
  • madgod1991madgod1991 Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    hey im haveing a problem trying to install the sims 3 dragon valley but it keeps on failing and it keeps telling me also that if my game has the latest software update and i do but dragon valley keeps failing so anybody have any suggestions please...
  • AnimalSimmerAnimalSimmer Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Sadly i cant help you, i have just installed the sims 3 (second time) (uninstalled it for a while) i have now downloaded the update 3 times, it keeps on failing, then i did it again and i said i wasn't connected to the ea store, so i had to download origin, so on and so forth, i still have yet to find out this mystery :evil: xx
  • Tori329Tori329 Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    i have a similar problem but I installed the update and it still said I have to update it. I clicked ok and then cancelled it but then when I went to the launcher it said the launcher couldn't open while an update was being installed and to come back when it finished. but it wasn't updating bc I cancelled it and now I cant even get to the launcher. someone please please please help me!
  • mintchellmintchell Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    I have the Starter Pack (Base, Late Night and High End Stuff) with Version 6.0.81.019017. However, everytime I want to log in to the Sims 3 game itself, it pops that error message.
  • kyrakennedykyrakennedy Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    RealKujan wrote:
    -________- Guys, I' just got the game Along with the Expansion packs off High End Loft and SAmbitions, but Now it says i have to Update...... okay but everytime it I don't have that Origin Download Screen it Re Downloads and becomes 0 % complete. So i tried to stay on the screen, Then the Sercurity thing popped up, and i was like YEEESSS!!But then it just disappeared and i have the 1.0.6 version -____- i csn't download my Expanision Packs andStuff Packs because i need to Update the Version and its clearliy not letting me -___-. Just got the game 2 days ago and i already ****** off
    I just installed the base game on my new computer and i can't install any of my expansion packs. I clicked the update thing and It's been re-updating over and over it finally gets to 1.6 GB and then it goes back to 0 and has been doing this for about 5 hours :/ Anyone else getting the same thing? How do you fix it?
  • lovethesimsgurllovethesimsgurl Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2014
    When i downloaded a sim from the exchange it started to glitch my game and then crashed it! I uninstalled all my games and then installed them again. When i open the launcher to uninstall all of my custom content it says i need to update my game so i did twice. It still says i need an update?!?! HELP ME PLEASE! Sims is my life!
  • alexstine05alexstine05 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    My problem is that I go through the process of updating it. Which takes 6+ hours. I've never been there to see the ending result, but when I do look at my computer again, the launcher tells me that there is a new update available and asks if I would like to update. I've done this 3 times now and it continues to go through the same processes over and over. Can somebody please help me? I just bought two new sims games and would like to be able to actually play them. When I download them, I am told that I need to update my sims to be able to play. BUT THEN I CANT. This is really frustrating and it's not my computer. I have restarted. Redownloaded origin and all its greatness. But nothing. Please please help.
  • SamanthaJames333SamanthaJames333 Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    hey make sure your logged into the launcher before the update because it was doing the same thing to me but luckily i realized i was not logged on , so logged on and re did the update and it worked ! hope that helps
  • TheXilanTheXilan Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I still have this problem! I've gotten help from EA but they haven't been able to fix it!
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :( :!: :!:
  • star0189star0189 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys!
    So I saw a lot of people with the problem that they couldn't play the game or the launcher would keep telling them to update the software, and they would update it a lot of times but it never actually worked. Thought I'd let you guys know what worked for me as I finally got it to work, here's what I did:

First on the launcher, I deselected the option to automatically update the game
    Next I closed the launcher, and Origin.
    I went to Control Panel> Programs and Features> then I looked for Origin and uninstalled it.
    After it was done I went back onto the site, and redownloaded Origins. I noticed something I didn't before, it opened a small window that said it was updating.
    After it was done installing I logged in.
    And from your Desktop, right click The Sims 3 desktop shortcut, and select "Run as Administrator". (I'm not sure if this will work the same if you aren't able to run as administrator but this is just how I did it).
    Then the launcher opened, and I clicked on game updates. I selected the new version, and clicked on "Update now".
    It took me 20 minutes or so, but it finally finished, I restarted my computer
    Then I opened the sims 3 launcher by right clicking and running as administrator again
    And that was it, it said that I was up to date and I was able to play.

Some tips that might help:
    - Reinstalling origins may work
    - Reinstalling The base game may work
    - Uninstalling EVERYTHING(including stuff packs/expansions) and reinstalling may work.
    - Allowing The sims 3 on firewall
    - Restart your internet but unplugging and replugging it before starting updates
    - Clearing your internet cache which can be done if by CHROME: click the three lines next to the star on the right of your chrome browser, selecting settings, history, clear browsing data, and selected cached image and files
    - Manually reinstalling everything
    - Unchecking the automatically update box on your game updates tab on the launcher
    - Patience, and a whole lot of research if this doesn't seem to help
    - Open The sims 3 launcher from Origin
    - Opening the sims 3 launcher by going to Computer>C:>Program files(or Program files x64/x86)> Electronic arts(or Origin games depends if you have the cd or digital version of the sims 3)>The sims 3>Game(Or Games)> Bin> S3Launcher or TSW double click

Just a last fair warning, this was just what worked for me and everything I've gathered online for the past few hours. So this method may not work for everybody but it's worth a shot while you're at it hey?
    This was mostly directed to the people having issues with installing updates and starting the launcher, however this can possibly be applied to different issues regarding the launcher or starting the game.
    Anyways, goodluck guys x