Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ L I F E ☼ Cycle 1 - Closed

Title3_zps04154e15.png

Welcome to LIFE Cycle One!

And yes, you guessed it, this competition is all about your sims life, particularly young adulthood! Young adulthood is probably the most enjoyable stage of life, full of both excitement and independence. As a young adult you begin to put down roots and build your own life, exactly how you want it. Whether that’s simply making friends or starting a career, your life is up to you which is exactly what this competition is about!

LIFE is a story based competition with a fashion twist! Therefore with each assignment you must show the story through the fashion – something that shows your styling ability as well as your creativity. You will be required to show us how your sims life unfolds as well as the story behind it. But you must remember to make sure your shots are stylish, bold and unique to ensure your place in this competition.

This competition consists of eight assignments including the mock. Each assignment will be based on a different aspect of young adulthood – from getting your own house and starting a career to going on holiday and finding your dream guy, or girl for that matter!

LIFE has little requirements when it comes to assignments. Therefore if you enjoy having more free range over what you do, and like a little bit more of a challenge, this is certainly the competition for you! All levels of experience are welcome!

(10 models will be accepted. If more apply then the mock will be an elimination round).

2_zpsf7a80d6a.png

*Young adult only – male and females
*Custom Content and Pose Player allowed and highly recommended
*Editing allowed and highly recommended
*No photo skinning or plastering
*No negativity towards yourself or others
*Respect the judges and what they have to say – remember everyone has their own opinion!
*Notify me 24 hours before for an extension
*Extensions last up to 3 days (3 extensions per model)
*Don’t join if you are likely to drop – however I understand if something gets in the way :)
*No ‘no shows’ – I’d rather you drop out than not show up
*And of course have fun!

3_zps25e59e28.png

Models
Pep
BookyGirl
Lily

Assignment Submitted
Antebellum
QueenThayatt
Chan
Ava
Cyan
Franco
Clover

Entry Form -
Preferred Name:
Models Name:
Headshot on white background: bare shoulders, hair up, bold makeup
Bodyshot on white background: grey jeans/shorts, hair down, coloured top (colour matching colour from banner)

4_zps06471d29.png

(Judging spots closed)

Entry Form -
Preferred Name:
Email:
Experience:
Availability:
Headshot on white background: bold makeup

Judges
1 Me
2 Samm

Comments

• Iona98Iona98 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited July 2014
    5_zps70c40e29.png

Assignment Two - The Finale!

You've moved out, got a career and are ready to move on in life! Your task is to produce a 'before and after' image that shows your Sim in the past when they were young and in the present now that they have grown up. The finale assignment has very few requirements and allows you to decide your Sims future.

Your task is to create two shots that must be side by side. The image on the left should be your model as a child/toddlerand the image on the right as a young adult/adult. However there is a twist - they must both be at the same location, similarly dressed doing the same thing. Your model can be doing anything.

Examples – Remember these are not exactly what I am looking for, just ideas & inspiration!

E.g.
    Left image as a toddler/child = boy & girl smartly dressed holding hands in garden.
    Right image as a young adult/adult = same two people getting married holding hands in outdoor reception.

E.g.
    Left image as a toddler/child = girl/boy holding pet in front of house.
    Right image as a young adult/adult = same woman/man holding same pet in front of current house.

1zp4284.jpg

Requirements –

*Clear before & after image side by side - from toddler/child to young adult/adult
    *Both images have similarities (clothing/location/props, etc.)
    *Element of fashion and style

Story Points: OPTIONAL Write a creative description and background story about the image you submit to potentially earn an extra 5 points.
    Lifetime Points: OPTIONAL Family - You're moving on in life and you've either decided to start a family or have. To earn an extra two points incorporate a reference to family into your shot (this can be children, or a partner or even parents).

Deadline: 16th July Midnight GMT (I'm giving you extra time as I think I'll need it too!)

6_zps4e6cf163.png
    Like most competitions, the overall score of each model will determine their position or rank in the competition. The scores will be based on a rubric, and the model with the lowest score will be eliminated. Some rounds will be a double elimination.

Scoring Rubric:

Requirements - /5
    Have you followed the requirements correctly? Is there anything missing?
    Quality - /5
    Is the image of good quality/has editing been done accurately (is there any pixelated or blurred areas, is there white around areas after cutting out image which could lose you marks, etc)?
    Expression & Pose - /5
    Does your model show expression and emotion? Is the posing and expression flattering and fitting for the assignment?
    Setting - /5
    Is the setting creative and appropriate for the assignment? Does it work as a background and is it good quality (no white areas form cutting out)?
    Appearance & Fashion - /10
    Have you styled your model appropriately – fashion, makeup and accessories?
    Creativity - /10
    Have you been creative and imaginative? Is the image unique (not stereotypical) and did you think outside of the box?

For each assignment you have a chance to earn extra points in two different ways. You are not required to complete these extra tasks, but it’s a quick way of gaining extra points…

Story Points:
    There’s always a story behind what you do and the events that happen in your life. So why not write about it! This short description should describe the story behind your image and what is going on within it. It can be a few paragraphs or simply a few sentences, but either way whoever comes up with the most unique or interesting story that fits with the assignment will receive an extra 5 points.

Lifetime Points:
    Lifetime points are quick and easy way to earn a few extra points. For each assignment there will be a specific object, theme, person, etc that you can try to incorporate into your image. Whether that’s a cute kitty or an elaborate hat it’s a chance to receive an extra 3 points.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    7_zpsb2bbe4c7.png

edited July 2014
    8_zps7aea44ff.png

Assignment One Scores - Students

Well done everyone, this was a tough one to judge! Remember there is no elimination and only one last assignment. (I have put ‘+5’ for the two who had the best story & ‘+2’ for those who attempted the lifetime points).

The Winner of the A1 is...

First Place -
    CYAN

Iona:

Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 5/5
    Expression/Pose – 4.5/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 9/10
    Fashion – 8/10
    Total – 36.5/40

I really liked your story, and the shot together – very funny and well written – it was my favourite! You met the requirements perfectly. I really liked the composition of your shot and the way you used your extras – it fitted well with the story, but you still kept the focus on your model. The setting was also very realistic and fitting with the theme.

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 10/10
    Fashion – 9/10
    Total – 38/40

I love this photo. It's my favourite this round. There is so much to look at in the scene, and the money element was presented very well. Everything you talked about in the story was portrayed in the photo and it all just came together looking fantastic. Even the pose says "I hate this job." I love it. My only complaint is that the quality of the dress is slightly off, but not by much.

STORY BONUS: +5
    LIFETIME POINTS: +2
    TOTAL: 81.5

Second Place -
    CLOVER

Iona:
    [/b]
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 5/5
    Expression/Pose – 3/5
    Setting – 5/5 Creativity – 9/10
    Fashion – 8/10
    Total – 34.5/40

I love your idea behind this shot, and you have executed it well! Even though I liked the poses of your extras, I felt your models pose was a little expressionless. Your story was fantastic, and I liked how it changed from a bad day at work, to a good day. Nice job!

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 5/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 10/10
    Fashion – 10/10
    Total – 39/40

Everything about this photo is perfect. I love the money incorporation, and the story, and the poses (although I wish Morgan was making eye contact with the camera.). Even the setting is fantastic. I have no complaints for you this round! :)

TOTAL: 75.5

Third Place -
    CHAN

Iona

Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4.5/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 8/10
    Fashion – 8/10
    Total – 35.5/40

I love how cohesive your shot is with the story! The setting is very creative, as is the city skyline, which is a really nice touch. Your models attire and props fit perfectly with the story, which is very detailed and descriptive. I really like the overall feel of the image, and am struggling to find something that you could have done differently. Great job!

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 4/5
    Creativity – 9/10
    Fashion – 9/10
    Total – 36/40

Chan, this is a fantastic photo! From the smoke to the hair highlights, you really kept the scene detailed. Great placement with the money, too! I only have two small corrections. The guitar isn't as good, quality wise, as the rest of the photo. Also, Aurora's knees could have used slight smoothing, they look a little pointy. Overall, amazing photo!

TOTAL: 73.5

Fourth Place -
    AVA

Iona:

Requirements – 4.5/5
    Quality – 5/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 4/5
    Creativity – 7/10
    Fashion – 8/10
    Total – 32.5/40

This really is a stunning shot! I love the softness and elegance of this image, as it reflects the career you chose well. I also like the overall darkness of the image, as well as your models clothing and make-up. I really loved your story, and your incorporation of the money – very clever! Great job!

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4.5/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 4/5
    Creativity – 9/10
    Fashion – 10/10
    Total – 36.5/40

I adore your story and photo! The quality is fantastic and the incorporation of the money was so cute. The poses were great choices, and the dresses were lovely, although there is something wrong-looking with the top part of Jessica's dress. I have little complaints, except that I wish her eyes connected with the camera. Fantastic entry!

TOTAL: 72

Fifth Place -
    LILY

Iona:

Requirements – 4.5/5
    Quality – 5/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 4/5 Creativity – 6/10
    Fashion – 8/10
    Total – 32.5/40

Even though your shot is simple, as is the career you chose, I really love it! I really like your models pose, as it clearly shows her boredom but also has a fashion element. The image as a whole is stylish and your story is very cohesive and fitting with the shot. The only issue I have is that it’s not particularly creative but otherwise great job!

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4.5/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 10/10
    Fashion – 9/10
    Total – 38.5/40

Wow Lily, another great entry from you. You managed to put a lot of fashion appeal into the photo while still making it meet the requirements. Her pose perfectly shows how irritated the story shows her to be, although I wish she was making eye contact with the camera. I took a point off of appearance and fashion because Sienna's shoes blend in with the background a little too much for my liking. Amazing shot!

TOTAL: 71

Sixth Place –
    ANTEBELLUM

Iona:

Requirements – 4/5
    Quality – 4/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 4/5
    Creativity – 9/10
    Fashion – 6/10
    Total – 31/40

Your shot is comical and very fitting with your story! It is fun, creative and certainly out of the box. I like that you incorporated a zombie extra, as it adds to the story but does not draw attention away from your model, which is great! I think the only improvement you could have made, is too add an element of style to your model as I felt her appearance was a little bland.

Samm:

Requirements – 4/5
    Quality – 3/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 5/5
    Creativity – 10/10
    Fashion – 7/10
    Total – 33/40

This is a really creative way to pull off this photo, and it still has a comical feel. I love the small details like the hand coming out of the ground in the distance. The moon addition was executed very well. Although I would have preferred the gold didn't glow, this was an awesome entry :)
    TOTAL: 66

Seventh Place -
    PEP

Iona

Requirements – 3.5/5
    Quality – 4/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 2/5
    Creativity – 5/10
    Fashion – 7/10
    Total – 25/40

I love how you went with the model career, in a modelling competition! However I feel it is a bit stereotypical. Your model is so pretty – I love the bold makeup and styling! I really like the composition of your shot, and the inclusion of a camera. The only issue I have is the setting – I know it’s meant to be simple for this particular scene however I think a few lights or décor would have spruced it up a bit.

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 3/5
    Expression/Pose – 5/5
    Setting – 3/5
    Creativity – 5/10
    Fashion - 10/10
    Total – 25/40

This is a really great entry. It's very simple, but for this photo, simple is better. I like the half-nude modelling photo idea, although there is some minor skin smoothing issues, particularly around the elbows. The pose is great choice, and the bold makeup is stunning. I only wish that you have added something else to the scenery. Maybe a big light in the background. Fantastic entry.
    TOTAL: 56

Eighth Place -
    FRANCO

Iona:

Requirements – 4/5
    Quality – 3/5
    Expression/Pose – 3/5
    Setting – 2/5
    Creativity – 6/10
    Fashion – 7/10
    Total – 22/40

Your story was full of detail and emotion, which I thought was great; however I wish this was reflected in your shot. I like the styling of your model, as well as her expressive facial expression but I don’t think the pose is right for the theme. I wasn’t too keen on the background, as it ‘washed your model out’. Next time try to use colours that contrast and make your model stand out, also by adding props or decor.

Samm:
    Requirements – 5/5
    Quality – 4/5
    Expression/Pose – 2/5
    Setting – 2/5
    Creativity – 7/10
    Fashion – 7/10
    Total – 27/40

I really enjoyed your story. Poor Marian :( I like how Marian's hair pops, and catches my attention, but I would've also loved some eye contact as well. It seems as though you blurred the edges of the photo, although that isn't really necessary. And lastly, I would've liked if you had added a bit more to the setting, it seems a tad plain.

STORY BONUS: +5
    TOTAL: 54

Ninth –
    THAYATT

Iona:

Requirements – 3/5
    Quality – 3/5
    Expression/Pose – 4/5
    Setting – 3/5 Creativity – 5/10
    Fashion – 6/10
    Total – 24/40

I’m so glad someone chose to do a library, as books are definitely my thing. Your model looks just right in this setting, and I like how you have used a fashionable pose in a natural shot. However I wish your image was more unique and out of the box, as it appears a bit static. Great job in incorporating the money – and very sneaky too!

Samm:
    Requirements – 4/5
    Quality – 3/5
    Expression/Pose – 3/5
    Setting – 2/5
    Creativity – 4/10
    Fashion – 7/10
    Total – 24/40

Great job sneaking the money into the photo; it took me a minute to find. Ava looks like she is styled fashionably and correctly for the scene. Although, I felt you could have done better with the setting. Adding a few things like a cash register could have helped with the overall feel.

TOTAL: 50

• SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited April 2014
    Reserve me! This comp looks awesome :-)
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,843 Member
    edited April 2014
    You got my attention! I will think about it. I love this comp idea! :mrgreen:

edit: I'm back again.....I really don't want to compete anymore but you are making this so hard for me....I will be back..... :roll: :D still thinking.... oh no here we go again....
    edited April 2014
    Samm: Yay glad to have you! Reserved!

MiataPlay: Go on, you know you want to! I would love to have you :mrgreen:
    edited April 2014
    Bumpy
    edited April 2014
    Reserve me please! :mrgreen:
  • BlackStar42BlackStar42 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited April 2014
    This is very very tempting... I'll lurk for now and think it over. (:
    edited April 2014
    Miata: Glad you've been persuaded! Reserved :D

Blackstar: That's great!
  • lucycat101lucycat101 Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love this idea :) I may join if I have more time, I'll get back to you
  • lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited April 2014
    Judge Application

Preferred Name: Lily

Email: lilysandwell@yahoo.co.uk

Experience: Currently working on the beginnings of my own competition and have applied for judging spots for a few other comps and am awaiting response, competing in many competitions like Simpolitan, Covergirl, Audaz, to name a few, so I know how judging works. I have a lot of time to score and help out. Have to start somewhere, right?

Availability: Always!

Headshot on white background, bold makeup:

13870348043_07f3b0a6e7_z.jpg

This comp looks great, a nice, refreshing change from high fashion comps. Can't wait to see where this goes. :-)
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

edited April 2014
    Luce: I hope so!

Lily: You've got the spot! :mrgreen: I'm probably just as new as you are - this is only my second competition!
    edited April 2014
    O and I love your headshot lily! She's gorgeous - I'm guessing you used custom sliders? :D
    edited April 2014
    Iona98 wrote:
    Luce: I hope so!

Lily: You've got the spot! :mrgreen: I'm probably just as new as you are - this is only my second competition!

Thank you! And you wouldn't know, you host so well! I'm still keeping up with Covergirl, I can't wait for it to get started. :mrgreen: I would've actually competed in this but I'm in too many comps at the moment, so judging was my next best bet to get involved.
    Iona98 wrote:
    O and I love your headshot lily! She's gorgeous - I'm guessing you used custom sliders?

Thank you so much. :D And yeah, I downloaded a ton of sliders the other day to test. I'm still testing though, because I've downloaded so many, it's made some of the EA ones not function at all, so I've had to work with it until I get a slider mod or something. I'm not fully happy with her lips or nose but I thought she was pretty enough to send in. :D
    In Evan Heaven.

edited April 2014
    @Lily: I use NRaas Master Controller slider hack there's also one from S-Club Privee-I like NRaas personally!=) You should check them both out and see which one is best for your game if you haven't already! :-)
    edited April 2014
    MiataPlay wrote:
    @Lily: I use NRaas Master Controller slider hack there's also one from S-Club Privee-I like NRaas personal!=) You should check them both out and see which one is best for your game if you haven't already! :-)

Thank you! I have the base mod for Master Controller, is there an extra module I need to install or is the slider hack in the base mod? Do you know how I can access it? :-)
    In Evan Heaven.

edited April 2014
    MiataPlay wrote:
    @Lily: I use NRaas Master Controller slider hack there's also one from S-Club Privee-I like NRaas personal!=) You should check them both out and see which one is best for your game if you haven't already! :-)

Thank you! I have the base mod for Master Controller, is there an extra module I need to install or is the slider hack in the base mod? Do you know how I can access it? :-)

I believe it's in the Master Controller Cheats mod. I have 9 of his mods installed in my game. Have fun! :-)

edit Under CAS Master Controller Cheats for sliders... :D You can layer makeup and accessories with this cheat! Make sure to download the most recent mod thats been patched to your game!=)~
    edited April 2014
    MiataPlay wrote:
    MiataPlay wrote:

I believe it's in the Master Controller Cheats mod. I have 9 of his mods installed in my game. Have fun! :-)

edit Under CAS Master Controller Cheats for sliders... :D You can layer makeup and accessories with this cheat! Make sure to download the most recent mod thats been patched to your game!=)~

edit: The Master Controller Cheats is the under the Master Controller Base Mod when you visit the site :-) hope this helps!
    edited April 2014
    MiataPlay wrote:
    MiataPlay wrote:
    MiataPlay wrote:

edit: The Master Controller Cheats is the under the Master Controller Base Mod when you visit the site :-) hope this helps!

Thank you for the help! Getting it now. :mrgreen:
    In Evan Heaven.

edited April 2014
    Thank you! And you wouldn't know, you host so well! I'm still keeping up with Covergirl, I can't wait for it to get started. :mrgreen: I would've actually competed in this but I'm in too many comps at the moment, so judging was my next best bet to get involved.

Your welcome! And thanks, I'm looking forwards to it too. :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much. :D And yeah, I downloaded a ton of sliders the other day to test. I'm still testing though, because I've downloaded so many, it's made some of the EA ones not function at all, so I've had to work with it until I get a slider mod or something. I'm not fully happy with her lips or nose but I thought she was pretty enough to send in. :D

You have persuaded me to do the same! I've downloaded a whole bunch of them so am excited to start testing them too! I have the xcas core mod.
    edited October 2014
    --Judge Entry Form --
    Preferred Name: Samm
    Email: removed
    Experience: I don't have much experience, but I am currently competing in many many competitions, 13 to be exact. I fugu gyre since I don't have time to put another competition on my schedule, that it would be real fun and a good learning experience to start judging too :)
    Availability: Everyday
    Headshot on white background: bold makeup

vo0guc.jpg
    Post edited by SammLite on
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
    edited April 2014
    You're in Samm! Glad to have you too! Just need some models now :mrgreen:
    edited April 2014
    Iona98 wrote:
    You're in Samm! Glad to have you too! Just need some models now :mrgreen: