Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got Venue Ideas?

Comments

• rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would also love to see a canning station for jams and jellies!

I guess it would be kind of hard to wire the jams to be sold from that produce stand we got with the Al Fresco Street Market. However if they were enabled to be sold at both the Consignment store and the Produce stand, then that'd be super awesome!

Of course, that brings up the thought of the Store never sells things that involve EPs. I've heard that your Sims can't sell the glass items made with the glassblowing station at the Consignment store, and maybe that's why, because that'd require coding involved with Ambitions?

Idk I'm not really informed on coding and such, haha, I just mooch off of talented modders who are gracious enough to share :)
    xoxo
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hee hee! I'm not all that hot on the technical stuff either. I think expansion stuff can work with store stuff, but the store stuff can't be dependant on expansion stuff. So... *thinking of an example* ...the oranges from Grandpa's Grove can be used with the nectar maker from World Adventures. So I suppose that we could sell store items with the consignment register, but it appears the register is only coded to accept certain things. :? Which would be the expansion team's responsibility, and not the store team's.

I don't know really, I'm just making random guesses. :)

You CAN sell SOME of the glassblowing items with savvy sellers, which is great! But I think the reason why some things can't be sold (perfume and jewellery) is because of the way the game clones the item. When I used a mod to sell them it made the objects glitch out. I don't understand the technical issues exactly but there is some issue with the way crafted items are cloned. :? Also, some crafted items will have a different value/price depending on the skill level, I believe that causes issues too. :cry:

Basically... I don't know! :oops: :lol: But I wish we could sell things like in TS2. I think what bothers me is that when a sim has spent hours and hours crafting a beautiful masterful painting, that I don't want it to just vanish from the game. In TS2 when you sold an item, it would actually go into the other sim's inventory, and if you switched households you'd find that masterpiece (or whatever) in their inventory. It would be more satisfying to know that all your sim's efforts were for a reason. :)
  • ribb0nistaribb0nista Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Since we have a venue for grandpas, maybe a sweet little cottage type building for grandmas? It could come with a sewing machine that could sew a set of outfits/clothing items ((that are hidden in CaS)) and maybe sometimes the sewing sim will sew something embarrassingly tacky or ugly. Maybe we could even throw in a sewing skill? Or, maybe, (additional premium content here) could sew blankets/quilt type things that other sims could cuddle up in? If a sim has a blanket in their inventory, it can give them the option when clicking on couches or other comfort items to cuddle up in the blanket? And children/childish sims could use the blanket as a cape and play superhero, or vampire kids/vampires w the childish trait could do the silly little Dracula thing where you dramatically swirl around or cover up your face and hiss.
    I swear to Christ, this idea was so vague when I started typing but I think it's spiraling out of control, so I'm gonna go head and shut up. :lol:
  • GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I really like Hollowness' idea on the clock tower idea, but if they do make that can they maybe make clothing that goes along with it. Like for instance something 1890's or Victorian or maybe even something like Merlin's Tower with more medieval fashions and wizard cloak and so on.

I would killlll for some good witches robes, both with hoods up and hoods down!

Me TOO!!!

:shock: Me too!!! :thumbup: I didn't realise just how much until I saw this.

but we still need to dance.......
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2014
    I am with you Cinderellimouse for selling things like in the TS2 All your ideas I too would like. :mrgreen:

Florist
    Have a market garden were we grow all kinds off flowers and then at the front have a Stall shop were we could sell our flowers.
    We also need to be able to hire extra help (also would be nice if teens, etc. would help more in the gardens. :D:D

Having Live in Nannies also. for those large families :D

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    ribb0nista wrote:
    Since we have a venue for grandpas, maybe a sweet little cottage type building for grandmas? It could come with a sewing machine that could sew a set of outfits/clothing items ((that are hidden in CaS)) and maybe sometimes the sewing sim will sew something embarrassingly tacky or ugly. Maybe we could even throw in a sewing skill? Or, maybe, (additional premium content here) could sew blankets/quilt type things that other sims could cuddle up in? If a sim has a blanket in their inventory, it can give them the option when clicking on couches or other comfort items to cuddle up in the blanket? And children/childish sims could use the blanket as a cape and play superhero, or vampire kids/vampires w the childish trait could do the silly little Dracula thing where you dramatically swirl around or cover up your face and hiss.
    I swear to Christ, this idea was so vague when I started typing but I think it's spiraling out of control, so I'm gonna go head and shut up. :lol:

and you could make special stuffed toy animals and dolls (function like the teddy)
    and wall decorations that a wowen
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2014
    :shock: Then why not ask for the pit monster in The Sims Medieval that would be hilarious for Dragon Valley.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'll have to go back and read more pages. I just read the last page for now. I like the water slides/water park idea.

I apologize if this has been suggested before, but I would like something similar to the Prism Art Studio only for sewing. Actually, the set would be more like a combination of one of the farm sets.

Premium content could be a working sewing station with a sewing machine, loom, spindle/spinning wheel, and handheld knitting needles and yarn. Also, a sheep shed similar to the chicken coop and dairy barn that would have sheep that yield wool.
    I have more suggestions on the sewing aspect here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/747126.page

And more on the sheep aspect here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/747127.page

Instead of Charles the chicken there could be Rambeaux the Rambunctious Ram that likes to ram people.

Additionally, there could be cotton plants to get cotton for sewing. And maybe some straw/wheat that can be fed to the sheep but also spun into yarn (and if a Sim is very skilled they can try spinning straw into gold). There would be a random chance of getting golden fleece from the sheep.

Sims that like to sew could carry around knitting needles or a needlepoint ring that they use to embroider things. Stuff that is created can be decorative or useful. Quilts, tapestries, curtains, scarves, sweaters, hats, etc..
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    Suceress wrote:
    I apologize if this has been suggested before, but I would like something similar to the Prism Art Studio only for sewing. Actually, the set would be more like a combination of one of the farm sets.

Premium content could be a working sewing station with a sewing machine, loom, spindle/spinning wheel, and handheld knitting needles and yarn. Also, a sheep shed similar to the chicken coop and dairy barn that would have sheep that yield wool.
    I have more suggestions on the sewing aspect here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/747126.page

And more on the sheep aspect here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/747127.page

Instead of Charles the chicken there could be Rambeaux the Rambunctious Ram that likes to ram people.

Additionally, there could be cotton plants to get cotton for sewing. And maybe some straw/wheat that can be fed to the sheep but also spun into yarn (and if a Sim is very skilled they can try spinning straw into gold). There would be a random chance of getting golden fleece from the sheep.

Sims that like to sew could carry around knitting needles or a needlepoint ring that they use to embroider things. Stuff that is created can be decorative or useful. Quilts, tapestries, curtains, scarves, sweaters, hats, etc..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited April 2014
    I love all the crafty ideas above!
    :shock: Then why not ask for the pit monster in The Sims Medieval that would be hilarious for Dragon Valley.

We have Emmie the Pit Monster! She lives under the doormat of Grim's Ghastly Manor, and she likes to lurk on the rollercoaster too! :twisted:

(I'm not joking, I'm serious)
    edited April 2014
    LOL. I have Sims Medieval but I never saw the pit monster. The game just didn't have enough freedom and got boring after awhile. I would love to incorporate some of the objects, hair, and crafts from it though.

I guess since I've played games like EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars: Galaxies (before the so-called combat "upgrade" that destroyed the game), and World of Warcraft so having tradeskills and crafting are a part of gameplay that I enjoy.

Which expansion has the beehive?

I like being able to harvest things and have the sims cook them or eat them or use them.

Can they dig up clams in any of the packs or expansions?
  • heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    i believe beehives came with supernatural. but alas no clams.
    edited April 2014
    heaven1 wrote:

Thanks. I saw that there are some clam shells, but no actual clams. I've read that there is a food truck that sells clam chowder though but I've never seen it in game. It would be cool if there was a way to dig up clams from the shore (I remember doing that as a child, we would dig in the sand just in the shallow water or just at the edge when the waterline was lower).
    edited April 2014
    Any other ideas?
    edited April 2014
    Suceress wrote:
    heaven1 wrote:

Thanks. I saw that there are some clam shells, but no actual clams. I've read that there is a food truck that sells clam chowder though but I've never seen it in game. It would be cool if there was a way to dig up clams from the shore (I remember doing that as a child, we would dig in the sand just in the shallow water or just at the edge when the waterline was lower).

The food truck is from Late Night. It's coded to only show in worlds flagged as 'city'. I believe only Bridgeport is actually coded as a 'city'. Although I know user-made worlds are often coded as cities.

HOWEVER... it is possible to get them in other worlds although they'll be stationary. If you load up Bridgeport and find a lot with a food truck parking spot on it (the one next to the subway across the bridge is good because it's a small lot).... then you lurk until the truck shows up, then save the lot to the lot bin while the food truck is on it. You can then place it in other worlds. I did this in my world because I wanted the truck but didn't want to code it as a city.

There are also mods to unhide it and make it show in buy mode. I think I saw one at Mod The Sims but I haven't used it.

I like it because it's quite cheap and nasty! So I have it in places like outside my criminal warehouse in the shipyard area. Sims sometimes get food poisoning from it! :lol:
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2014
    The food truck is from Late Night. It's coded to only show in worlds flagged as 'city'. I believe only Bridgeport is actually coded as a 'city'. Although I know user-made worlds are often coded as cities.

HOWEVER... it is possible to get them in other worlds although they'll be stationary. If you load up Bridgeport and find a lot with a food truck parking spot on it (the one next to the subway across the bridge is good because it's a small lot).... then you lurk until the truck shows up, then save the lot to the lot bin while the food truck is on it. You can then place it in other worlds. I did this in my world because I wanted the truck but didn't want to code it as a city.

There are also mods to unhide it and make it show in buy mode. I think I saw one at Mod The Sims but I haven't used it.

I like it because it's quite cheap and nasty! So I have it in places like outside my criminal warehouse in the shipyard area. Sims sometimes get food poisoning from it! :lol:
    THANKS for this tip!
    I NEVER saw that truck before, & now know why. :oops: :lol:
    I never stayed in Bridgeport long...kept gravitating back to tropical worlds most...
    So unless I make my town a "city" it can't sell any food to sims?
    It becomes just like a "deco truck"?

(just wanted to be sure I am understanding correctly) :-)

I STILL want a GROCERY STORE (that's NOT a rabbit-hole) ! :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would like an animal sanctuary/zoo, an amusement park, a candy shop and/or a waterpark.
    edited April 2014
    So unless I make my town a "city" it can't sell any food to sims?
    It becomes just like a "deco truck"?

(just wanted to be sure I am understanding correctly) :-)

Oh no! It still works! The difference is, in a city the truck spawn and drive around (a bit like the ice cream van) but if you place one in a non-city world it will just stay on the lot. You can order from it.

Edit: fixing quote and adding that I'd very much like some mimics (love using that word now) that will suit a grocery store. So like a fridge that looks like a grocery store fridge with a glass front, and more food clutter.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh no! It still works! The difference is, in a city the truck spawn and drive around (a bit like the ice cream van) but if you place one in a non-city world it will just stay on the lot. You can order from it.

So like a fridge that looks like a grocery store fridge with a glass front, and more food clutter.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :thumbup:
    Guess it's good to place near center of town or near a store or something then? :D

I have been wanting a Grocery Store & It's clutter sooooooo long.
    As it is, our pantries have very little food clutter, etc to use.
    And w/out using my CC, using shelves & glass doors for a walk-in freezer, doesn't work so well.
    (w/ the little items we currently have of food deco).
    So I am glad I am not alone for wanting these things too.
    I will keep asking for it (like the water park), as many times as they ask what we want!
    I already have been asking for months! :lol::mrgreen:

(& I want more laundry supplies) :oops:
  • Loula31Loula31 Posts: 48 Member
    edited April 2014
    more vanues for all worlds rather then just for late night and showtime we could do with some night life for the other worlds as thay are very boring an the venues you do get get boring so yeah more night life for sims also more fun houses for family with bowling an things that be cool to then A Theme park with water rides in it for all worlds would be nice add the food truck from late night to the the theme park or the vaunes. also like the idea of a shopping center that be awesome a beach party bar. theses things will make game play more fun..

Okay knows this isnt the patch or sims forum but when ever i post where im meant to nothing seems to get sorted.. so here it is please sort us all out a new PATCH i have seen people not being how to play game some just bearly an some crash or lag or load an save badly please do a update/patch to put game right as we have a fair few months left to play yet.

then my last one is please can we have a a curls and no curls long hair down back.. makeup an jawlry.. an glasses set for sims.. please as i did post on fourms for one but so far no ones said thayed look in to it so itd be nice if some of you did.
    edited April 2014
    i know cant because of copyrights an such but the show i loveeee doctor who.. id love to have a sims set an sims bulids/buys in game.. itd rock.. im big fan of the master an 10th doctor an rose.. i also like amy poud itd be so fun if thay could but i know theres copyrights an such /:
  • BearLandBucFanBearLandBucFan Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2014
    Would definitely be interesting! :)
    edited April 2014
    Thank you bear :D

i wish there was stuff like this for sure.
  • Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    Suceress wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Loving this above list of ideas!! Dou you think something like this will be possible simguru copeland? Especially the spinning straw into gold and golden fleece sounds magnificient!!!
    edited April 2014