Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Builds, *Closed*

Comments

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    :lol::lol: Hahaha, that really made me Laugh GC! I could just picture you jumping up and dancing around the room, heeheehee :lol:

I Loved seeing all the inspiration pics of your work in BB! You did a phenomenal job with all these Gorgeous homes! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It would be so cool if you could upload your "new and Improved" version of BB! It must look soooo pretty with all your Fabulous homes. Of course you'd need a prettier name for your Gorgeous new world. :wink:

Haha! Good ideas make me excitable :-)

Thank you again for all your support! I'm not touching CAW, and not even using the in-game World Editor, just editing existing lots and moving in my favourite families. I guess I could share the save file though if people are interested.

saitouamy wrote:
    I always love colors & furniture you chose, they matches house theme. All the house looks amazing and love the Ferry Corner especially :D It has such a gorgeous living/dining room! The sofa looks so comfy and brown and white with soft blue colors of the room is beautiful. Left you some recs!

Thank you very much! *hugs*
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2014
    GC! WOW! :D What a lovely project! I love each and every one of your WIP! All the houses are perfect for Barnacle Bay! Makes me wish I had time to build. So very inspiring. :mrgreen: You computer must be very powerful to handle all your custom build neighbourhoods. I have a very old pc and it cannot handle more than couple of my builds. Have to start a new game each time I build. Looking forward to seeing more of your Barnacle Bay homes. :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    They are all lovely builds Greencats your make over of Barnacle Bay will look gorgeous. They all compliment each other perfectly and have a wonderful serene feel to them, perfect for a beach side town. xox Folly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    GC! WOW! :D What a lovely project! I love each and every one of your WIP! All the houses are perfect for Barnacle Bay! Makes me wish I had time to build. So very inspiring. :mrgreen: You computer must be very powerful to handle all your custom build neighbourhoods. I have a very old pc and it cannot handle more than couple of my builds. Have to start a new game each time I build. Looking forward to seeing more of your Barnacle Bay homes. :D

Thanks so much, yanti! I wish you had more time too - I always love to see new builds from you! Each one is so different, but they are all beautiful. So flattered you like my little homes :-)

Yeh, my specs are decent. Used to play on a terrible below-spec laptop, which surprisingly could just about run the game, but I would never go back. I'm doing quite simple landscaping on most lots because that seems to be what causes a big performance hit.

The town is starting to lag slightly just because I've been playing it too long, so quite soon I think I'll have to use Nraas Porter to move everything across to a fresh copy of Barnacle Bay.

follyfoot wrote:
    They are all lovely builds Greencats your make over of Barnacle Bay will look gorgeous. They all compliment each other perfectly and have a wonderful serene feel to them, perfect for a beach side town. xox Folly

Thank you so much, folly! I am glad they go well together. Barnacle Bay is full of such a weird selection of styles that I decided I wanted just to focus on the seaside New England feel and try to create a coherent neighbourhood.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited April 2014
    Beautiful new home GreenCats. Got them all rec'd and added to my faves. I really like your wip too. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Beautiful new home GreenCats. Got them all rec'd and added to my faves. I really like your wip too. :)

Thank you :D:D:D
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi GC! I finally have a few minutes and a couple of brain cells to rub together so I can finally write a gushing post and tell you how fabulous I think your new builds are!

I adore beachy looking shingle style houses and yours are spot on.

There are so many lovely little details in each build that make your houses look homey and lived in. I love the muted colors of the nursery in Ferry Corner with it's clever changing table. The master bedroom is very elegant and you have used some of my favorite chairs and love seats in the living/dining area.

I love the colors you chose for the Little Big Cape (great name, btw!) It's a great classic style home.

I really like the roof lines on the Sweeping Shingle Lodge and the classic interiors.

Now, just so you know -- I have had to stop and start writing this one little post at least 3 times today -- darn pesky RL!

I'd better hit submit before someone else needs something and I never ever get this posted!

I left you well deserved recs for all three of your little gems.

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wow, thanks so much suepea. I am so glad you like my builds and really appreciate you taking the time to write such nice things :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Started a house for Shang Simla. Well, ok, I haven't started the actual house yet. But there's a waterfall and some stairs :lol:

Screenshot-30-1.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2014
    GreenCats when your done can you share your BB Makeover, the saved game I mean? I have all Expansions, Stuff Packs and Store Content so everything should work ok.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Shang Simla WIP is very nice! :) Great terrain work! It looks great how you have done the stairs and the waterfall! I will look forward to seeing updates of your build!
    Your Barnacle Bay WIP home is looking very nice too.It looks nice how you have done the front porch using the columns. Sims will enjoy resting outdoors on the porch in the hanging chair enjoying watching people passing by their home. Great exterior of the house, The dormers look great.Very nice planter boxer fencing at the front of the build.
    Both WIPs are looking great ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    GreenCats when your done can you share your BB Makeover, the saved game I mean? I have all Expansions, Stuff Packs and Store Content so everything should work ok.

Yes, I think I will do. I am maybe about 1/4 of the way through currently.

I have some CC hairs and makeup in my game, but I think your game will just automatically make substitutions.

rosemow wrote:
    The Shang Simla WIP is very nice! :) Great terrain work! It looks great how you have done the stairs and the waterfall! I will look forward to seeing updates of your build!
    Your Barnacle Bay WIP home is looking very nice too.It looks nice how you have done the front porch using the columns. Sims will enjoy resting outdoors on the porch in the hanging chair enjoying watching people passing by their home. Great exterior of the house, The dormers look great.Very nice planter boxer fencing at the front of the build.
    Both WIPs are looking great ! :)

Thank you :D:D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Magnolia House - 3.5 bdrm

This modernised Cape Cod Cottage for Barnacle Bay has simple, contemporary interiors. Everything in the house has been upgraded to fireproof or unbreakable. It costs 97,759.

On the ground floor of the main house are located a fire-lit sitting room, a kitchen/dining room with back garden access, a full bathroom, a nursery with two cots, and a potty training room for the nursery. I kept the nursery furnishings to a minimum so parents would have space to interact with the children. All the toddler skill books are in the bookcase in the entrance hall, and lots of perfect quality ingredients can be found in the fridge.

Upstairs, you'll find a master bedroom with a full en suite bathroom and a private balcony. Next to it, is a small single bedroom with a tiny bathroom (a toilet and shower in their own room, and a sink in the bedroom). I was using it for my butler until I had to fire him for preferring to spend his days next door at the science facility sitting by the fountain...

Anyway, the back garden can be accessed either through the garage or the dining room. Here I've planted a few perfect quality harvestables - bell pepper, garlic, cheese, steak, egg, life, flame, and omni plants. There is a nice pool too, but it's only really meant for a couple of sims to move about in. If you don't want uninvited guests wondering into the garden or into the house through the dining room archway, lock the single garage door to allow family only.

The garage has been converted to a guest or teen suite, with two double beds (but pushed up against the wall to allow access from only one side), and a full en suite bathroom. There are no hobby objects here, but there is a little floor space left if you want to place them. I believe the room is also just big enough (4x8 I think) to divide up into two doubles if you have many sims to sleep, that's just not how I chose to use the space.

NB: I used the tractor paths to do the driveway, but they aren't showing up on the content list. You'll have to paint on your own pathways if you don't own Grandpa's Grove.

No CC - checked in Custard.

CAP Patterns: None

Lot Size: 30x20

Front.png

Sitting1.png

Sitting2.png

Dining.png

Pool.png

Master.png

Balcony.png

Butler.png

Bathroom.png

Twin.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2014
    Magnolia house is so pretty! I love the roof! Inside, all the rooms looks perfect! Everything matches and fits so well. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: Your WIP is looking very very promising! :mrgreen: Great landscaping and I adore the stairway and the waterfall. Can't wait to see more. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much yanti! You are so kind :-)
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I think I will do. I am maybe about 1/4 of the way through currently.

That would be amazing, I had no interest in BB until I saw your images. If anyone can make it look good it is for sure you.

I played a bit of Sims 3 last night,the Legacy is going to be in Estoria and I put Elizabeth and Queen Maria into the game.

They had a baby girl they named Mara, so when she turns Toddler I will be ready to put up my half of the story. I'm taking images an such right now, getting everything organized. I'm really excited about what Mara will look like as a Toddler with such lovely, CC Free Parents. :-)

I plan to let everyone know they are your CC Free Sims so people can see how lovely your Sims are. An I'm going to link your name on the first part of the story with link to here and to Maria's Story so people can see you wrote it. Then I'll put my part on my Blog and link you to it so you can follow the Legacy, if that's ok with you.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited April 2014
    Magnolia House is so lovely GC! Nice exterior shape and the little pool and balcony are so cool. I really love the nice neutral colors of the interior. Nice view from the balcony too! Rec'd :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Magnolia House is very nice :) Very nice exterior of it! It is great that you have converted the garage in to a guest or teen suite. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the house. It looks great how you have done the piano nook. Sims will enjoy either playing the music or sitting on the nearby sofa listening to the music being played whilst warming up in front of the fire. The pot plant on top of the keyboard is nice for sims to see as they are sitting playing there. It looks great how you have placed the jug on the luggage cases beside the sofa. The candies on top of be fireplace ledge are nice touches. It looks very nice the type of and colours you have used for the curtsies. The curtains suit well the type of home. Very nice dining room area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. It looks great that you have used the wicker seats on the toe ends of the table which are different from the side seats. It gives a great look. Very nice window alcove sofa corners sitting area nearby for sims to enjoy relaxing on the seats either before or after a meal with the sunshine coming in onto them. The butterfly picture on the kitchen wall looks pretty and is nice for sims to see when at the sink. Great outdoor pool area, Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting the produce in the planters and use it freshly in cooking. It is great that you have stocked the fridge with perfect quality produce. Very nice bedrooms. Nice calm shades of colours you have used. The patterns you have used for the walls are delicately done and looks nice. The fishing picture behind the double bed would be a nice picture to see when waking up in the morning, It looks nice how you have done the curtained window behind the single bed. The teddy and the cushions look cute and nice on the other double bed.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That would be amazing, I had no interest in BB until I saw your images. If anyone can make it look good it is for sure you.

Aw, thank you. The houses that came with the world aren't anything special, but there are many interesting sims with diverse backgrounds and personalities, and I love the landscape. It's so nice to be surrounded by the ocean, and to have so many beach-front and cliff-top lots. I think about half of the houses in town have sea views!

I can't stand Sunset Valley, and I like Twinbrook but miss having an ocean when I'm there, so Barnacle Bay is a great home-world alternative for me.

I played a bit of Sims 3 last night,the Legacy is going to be in Estoria and I put Elizabeth and Queen Maria into the game.

They had a baby girl they named Mara, so when she turns Toddler I will be ready to put up my half of the story. I'm taking images an such right now, getting everything organized. I'm really excited about what Mara will look like as a Toddler with such lovely, CC Free Parents. :-)

I plan to let everyone know they are your CC Free Sims so people can see how lovely your Sims are. An I'm going to link your name on the first part of the story with link to here and to Maria's Story so people can see you wrote it. Then I'll put my part on my Blog and link you to it so you can follow the Legacy, if that's ok with you.

Fantastic! I'm excited to see how their stories develop. You're so kind to link to my thread :-)

Magnolia House is so lovely GC! Nice exterior shape and the little pool and balcony are so cool. I really love the nice neutral colors of the interior. Nice view from the balcony too! Rec'd :D

Thank you! :-) You're very generous xx

rosemow wrote:
    Magnolia House is very nice :) Very nice exterior of it! It is great that you have converted the garage in to a guest or teen suite. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the house. It looks great how you have done the piano nook. Sims will enjoy either playing the music or sitting on the nearby sofa listening to the music being played whilst warming up in front of the fire. The pot plant on top of the keyboard is nice for sims to see as they are sitting playing there. It looks great how you have placed the jug on the luggage cases beside the sofa. The candies on top of be fireplace ledge are nice touches. It looks very nice the type of and colours you have used for the curtsies. The curtains suit well the type of home. Very nice dining room area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. It looks great that you have used the wicker seats on the toe ends of the table which are different from the side seats. It gives a great look. Very nice window alcove sofa corners sitting area nearby for sims to enjoy relaxing on the seats either before or after a meal with the sunshine coming in onto them. The butterfly picture on the kitchen wall looks pretty and is nice for sims to see when at the sink. Great outdoor pool area, Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting the produce in the planters and use it freshly in cooking. It is great that you have stocked the fridge with perfect quality produce. Very nice bedrooms. Nice calm shades of colours you have used. The patterns you have used for the walls are delicately done and looks nice. The fishing picture behind the double bed would be a nice picture to see when waking up in the morning, It looks nice how you have done the curtained window behind the single bed. The teddy and the cushions look cute and nice on the other double bed.
    It is a very nice home :)

Wow, Rose, thank you so much. *hugds* You always pick up on all the little details, and that makes me very happy. It is always so nice to read you imagining being inside the house x
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Also, may as well share some pictures from a WIP :-)

It's a very simple colonial farmhouse furnished mostly with period antiques. I know it's pretty boxy but that's kind of what these houses look like. Not much landscaping yet. Need to get the essentials in place first so my sims can eat and sleep.

And by the essentials of course I mean a parlor, dominoes room, and formal dining room :lol:

Screenshot-5.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-37-1.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-38-1.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-36.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-39.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Crafts and Collectibles is a very nice store :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the windows, Great texture of the exterior. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and flowers! It looks great how you have created the piano! Sims will enjoy coming to the shop and brewing elixirs on the alchemy machine or creating sculptures on the sculpting station. I hope that your uploading of the build goes better soon.
    Your Farmhouse WIP is looking great! It looks great how you have done the staircases! The type of fencing you have used looks great. The furnishing of the interior is looking very nice. Very nice pattern that you have used for the dining room walls. The pictures on the walls will be nice for sims to see when sitting in these rooms.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    *HUGS* Thank you xxx
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited April 2014
    Magnolia House is really pretty! Rec'd.