Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Showcase* Made by Minke - Malwyn Manor p5

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am sorry that Create a World tool crashed on you. I hope that you enjoy using the premade world and suiting it to how you would like your world to be. Happy shopping in the Sims Store! I hope that you get some great deals! Enjoy using the new items in your game, :)
  • minkieBminkieB Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, my game also crashed so I had to delete and un install everything.

I didn't put the last houses in my library but they are in my save game files only. So, I backed those up and I can put them in the folder again when I have the pc back up and running. If I add the saved game files will the house be there?

Or, is it lost forever? I sure hope not!

I have the base game only on my pc now so I figured to build some base game houses and trying a starter home.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited March 2014
    The houses should still be there in your saved game files. The houses may look a bit different though if you only have base game installed because they will not have the items from the eps, stuff packs or store items.
    I hope you enjoy doing a starter home. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    Extra bit of RAM might help the crashing problem. Also try uninstalling some of the TS3 store stuff. That helps too. The more stuff you have installed in your game the more chances of crashing.
    edited March 2014
    Persuaded the boyfriend to install the new hard drive tomorrow! 2TB should do the trick I hope! As I only had a temp one of 75gb in this pc lol. Should've known it would cause problems!

Still busy with my base game starter however I moved in a test sim to make sure everything worked as I did some moo'ing. Then moved the test sim out again and now the house price dropped like a ball. I have no idea anymore what the original price is. Feel like a sims noob all over again!

Maybe I should start over on a new house and just wing it? As going into live and build mode does affect the price.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited March 2014
    It is great that you are installing a hard drive with a higher capacity. :) Enjoy working on your bae game starter or starting a new one, The prices do change a lot in the different modes.
  • Khala_OakeageKhala_Oakeage Posts: 235 Member
    edited March 2014
    Your builds are beautiful minkieB! I love Primose Cottage and Forest Lodge :D I look forward to seeing your victorian completed.
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Minkie! Crashing is just so darn disheartening! I hope you can get it resolved so you can go back to having fun! I want to see what you've been up to with your world and your builds!

Take care now,
    T
    edited April 2014
    That's great news Minke! I hope to see more updates soon. :D
    edited April 2014
    Thanks girls!

I'm busy installing all the expansions and my store content again. I already tried the CAW tool and it's working! Fingers crossed that it continues to work.

When all my sims stuff is on my pc again installed and ready to go I'll continue with the Victorian. I've got some ideas for the interior that work better then the current one.

And I want to make another starter home, I have one which is base game. But I just miss some content I always use! Ugh sometimes it's so hard to step away from items you love using ;)

I'll try to get into things this weekend but, I'm quite busy at the moment. I just got a promotion to senior manager so a lot of extra workload. Which is awesome! But, it does mean I have to Sim a bit less :( My boss already looks at me weirdly because my job is at a gaming company that's not EA. My love for the sims is haunting me in pretty much every meeting :D

No matter where I work, me and the sims go way back!

See you soon with some pictures! Text is getting quite lame from my end! Sorry for that.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited April 2014
    That's great news! :D Congrats Minke! I hope you get some simming time soon. I am missing building too. Got no time these days. Looking forward to your build. :D
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone,

It took me a while but I finally had time to finish up my base game starter home. I also found time to install all my content and sim games so I'm good to go!

I thought I'd build a simple home in a very short time but I found it more challenging then I first imagined! The budget is such a deal breaker and I had to play close attention to how I furnish and which items and wallpaper I could use. In the end it's all very basic but I used create a style a lot to compensate the cheap items.

The house still has room enough to add more objects as your Sim has more money to spend. I was able to keep the budget below the 16.500 Simoleans threshold so you can move in straight away!

Download is available on the exchange.

Some pictures to show you around.

1793564_orig.png

2978880_orig.png

8951611_orig.png

9657293_orig.png

5516831_orig.png

9194586_orig.png

9775376_orig.png

4389032_orig.png

1499914_orig.png

6186427_orig.png

PS: I did move in a Sim to make everything unbreakable and add paintings. Especially with all the cheap items and few decor items. However moving in Sims changes the prize of the house and I didn't know for sure if that would affect it in a bad way as it really is supposed to be a starter home.

So, nothing is unbreakable or upgraded and no self made paintings or photographs.
    Post edited by minkieB on
    1395019323.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Home Sweet Home is a very nice starter home :) Great exterior of it. The roofing looks great. Nice front porch and back patio. The type of fencing that you have used in the build looks great. It looks very nice how you have done the fruit trees with the other plants placed around the base of them.It looks great! The texture of the exterior looks great. Great furnishing of the interior. Nice shade of blue that you have use for the walls. Great eating nook in the kitchen. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the window there whilst dining. The hanging pot plant in the corner of the kitchen is a nice touch. Nice tv watching corner. The plants on the coffee table are nice touches of green for sims to enjoy seeing whilst they are sitting relaxing there watching tv, chatting or reading a book. Nice pattern that you have used for the bed in the bedroom. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. The tiling of the bathroom floor looks nice.
    It is a great starter home! :)
  • GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    edited April 2014
    What a gorgeous starter,and base game too! Funnily enough I have just been fiddling around with the very same thing in my own game,for no particular reason other than the challenge of it. CASt is such a lifesaver isn't it! I love your use of colour,and the fact you managed to squeeze in flowers and seating area in the garden,and houseplants/TV indoors is to be admired!

Great job :thumbup:
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
    edited April 2014
    WOW! I admire you for building a base game starter! :D You have done a great job with it! Looks spacious and pretty! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is a great starter and I love the colors you used. The exteriors and landscaping are really nice and inviting. rec'd :)
    edited April 2014
    Thanks girls!

You have no idea how hard this was actually to build lol. The budget oooh horror! I did use some tricks though ;)

The outside wallpaper is free and so is the interior one, using CAS you can change the pool wall up just how you want it! The outside one is actually just base game and I made no changes as I do like it how it is.

If you download the house you will also notice there's only foundation on the outer perimeter. I deleted everything inside to reduce costs. Using the cheapest windows/doors and cheap buy objects you can manage to squeeze in some decor.

I did add veggies from buydebug they are free of costs. However, they do add to the value of the lot so that's a balancing act.

The floorboards in the living room is also free and changed with CAS. For the rest I just used the cheapest blank carpet I could find and again using CAS to change it up.

I never could've imagined starter homes are THAT hard to make. I'll try creating some more as I do like the challenge. Perhaps not just base game ones though.

I'm so glad you all like it! I had fun building it :D

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Hi Ladies!

Sorry it has been a long long while since I was around. Unfortunately not a fun time for me personaly the last 2 months. But it'll get better I'm sure of it.

The only good thing that comes out of getting your heart broken is that you need to get distracted. And what better way to do that is building in the Sims!

I got myself a brand new computer (again!). I couldn't take the other one with me on the plane :p So, I'm currently installing all my games, expansions, packs, worlds and other store content.

That'll take me some days and then it's finaly time to finish the Victorian styled home. I already have ideas for another couple of houses BUT I really do need to finish this one first! I hope you'll like it.

See you soon with more houses!

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited May 2014
    I am so sorry to hear that life hasn't been going too well for you. I send special thoughts to you.
    It is great that you have a new computer :) I hope that the installation of all the sims games and packs and store content goes well. Enjoy simming when they are installed ! :)
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone,

Currently building some new houses and still working on earlier projects. I was in the mood to play in Sunlit Tides again and started building a smaller house on the beach. I've never used the stilted foundation before, so I figured it was about time ;)

I do seem to have some routing issues and wanted to ask if someone would know the solution to them.

Can Sims walk under the stilted foundation? Mine is high enough to fit another room beneath it. However I decided to add a small laundry beneath the foundation after I finished and furnished the build. I can't remove the foundation without breaking down half of the house. Yes, poor planning! I just decided I HAD to have a small laundry. I can build the walls etc but my sim won't go inside. Do note it's placed in the middle under the foundation so there is no wall to the edge of it.

My second issue, the paper delivery boy seems to be stuck on the stairs. I've used the split staircase from the store and he walks up the stairs, turns around and goes back down. When he's down, he turns around and goes back up. He doesn't even step on the actual porch.

I delete him, repositioned the stairs which I was able to do without cheats, to make sure they fit without tweaking. Next day, same delivery boy, same problem. My own Sim however, can use them without problems. I had a fire while upgrading some appliances, firemen can also use the stairs without problems. I adopted a cat and the cat lady could use them also without issues.

Sidenote, why are sims so obsessed with a pool?! I can't keep my sims out of it while I have her making pictures, paint and upgrade stuff!
    1395019323.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Your home looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! Very nice colour shade of the exterior. It looks nice the type of trees and plants that you have used and how you have placed them. The home suits Sunlit Tides world well. It looks nice how you have done the windows. Nice type of windows that you have used. Sims will enjoy looking out at the sea views, and also enjoy the sunlight coming into their home.
    I can't help with your problems. I hope that you can find out what is causing them and a solution.
    edited January 2016
    Small update! Still need help though :)

I've demolished half of the house in order to fit in the laundry room beneath the stilted foundation. However, now there are gaps in the walls where the stilts were previously. Also some parts can't use any wallpaper for some reason.

Then there's the issue of the paper delivery boy still stuck on the stairs. I'm lost on how to fix it except by cancelling the paper delivery all together and be done with it. Anyone else including NPC's can use the stairs except for the paper delivery boy.

Any ideas?
    1395019323.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    demolish and regret some times work on strange things.... beside that.. no ideast

really like your little basegame starter home...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    oh your sim likes the pool... my sim wants to criticise the chimney all the time... then again she have no pool
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳