Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited April 2014
    i wish them simpoint ads returned i really want The Titanic Toy Machine.. hello all wow new rotation
  • Options
    charmyvalcharmyval Posts: 195 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Guess the Voodoo Doll is selling not even half.
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited April 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:
    i wish them simpoint ads returned i really want The Titanic Toy Machine.. hello all wow new rotation
    Hiya, and I am glad you said something, my younger brother wants that PC item too. I am patient, hopefully it will be in this new rotation *hint* *hint*. I was experiencing no ads for a time period, but since I switched to IE, I am getting once more. Still sporadic, but almost up the 100+ per day. Hope you get yours back soon too! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That was like 3 minutes on the comp. 71% at 870pts.

And I got it free, so good I didn't get points since it was safe for me. Glad for that~~
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited April 2014
    NagyGina wrote:
    the main reason I want DV is for the green dragons! Even with having 3 maxed-out gardeners (one being a fairy to bloom), harvesting my garden, it is so time consuming, and not to mention their exhaustion levels from upkeep (among all their other levels), leaving them so little time for anything else. I find it quite boring to keep up with my perfect gardens as is. Any harvesting help, imho is welcomed. :)
    Oh man, you will adore the green dragon then. For some reason I do a lot of gardening, and it's wonnnnderful to harvest, say, 50 plants at once. I plunk a perfect greenhouse down in towns where I'm not having a sim garden, and with a green dragon every sim can have whatever they want for cooking, nectar, alchemy, herbs, snacking, etc. That dumb harvester made my sims sick like half the time, and harvesting takes forever by hand, but the green dragon is flawless.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    edited April 2014
    I am hoping they will have more compilation DD Deal soon. I am definitely waiting and hoping for Feb 2011, July 2011 or August 2011 to be on the rotation.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    atleast i got the comp for free with just the looking glass sets i got for 400sp all togather from the sales in nov
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited April 2014
    Argh!! Is there some shortage of these things that they can only put 50 on sale?? I literally could not get that deal or the Eloquently Eclectic.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited April 2014
    March 2011 Comp 870/3000/71%/2hrs (Sold out in 3mins.)
    Front Row Center Bedroom 203/450/55%/2hrs
    They Don't build em' Like they Used to Fireplace 50/100/50%/2hrs
    Street Couture - Kids & Teens 375/750/50/2hrs
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    March 2011 Comp 870/3000/71%/? (Sold out immediately)
    They Don't build em' Like they Used to Fireplace ?/100/?/2hrs
    Street Couture - Kids & Teens ?/750/?/?
    Comp was supposed to go for 2 hours. I already forgot, so it's good I capped it before to keep the other info on hand.
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aw man I missed March 2011 :cry: I probably would have gotten it free cause my CYS is 990sp. Oh well who's up for another rotation? :lol:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh, wow! The March 2011 Compilation went fast! Like, roughly 1:58, 1:57 left? :shock:

I figured that people didn't actually want that one, for one reason or another. But it was already 91% claimed around 1:58, I think? And over 70% off, well, it'd probably be super cheap, even without CYS. :lol:

But in that case, I guess I got lucky in getting it. :)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    NagyGina wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:
    Hiya, and I am glad you said something, my younger brother wants that PC item too. I am patient, hopefully it will be in this new rotation *hint* *hint*. I was experiencing no ads for a time period, but since I switched to IE, I am getting once more. Still sporadic, but almost up the 100+ per day. Hope you get yours back soon too! :)

i stopped getting them over a month ago on my pc with firefox... i hate IE and its exploits, then they started showing up on my phone for afew weeks and now nohting
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks to the Daily Deal I was able to the March 2011 Compilation for free, only had the Through the Spy Glass Bathroom and 5 pieces of the Futureshock Living, and now I own every compilation.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it was like 3 minutes for it to sell out.

I'm hoping more Comps come up, since there are a few I need. And now that I got some of that crazy stuff, I want a rotation so I can get the other part and get the Fortune's Folly Comp for cheaper, unless that pops up before this round is over for a really great deal. Again, some of these have been crazy deals so far so it has renewed the hope I had lost during the first items of this list. :mrgreen:

And I think comps are always gonna sell out fast (unless there those that haven't) just due to the whole CYS factor and people owning at least some of it already from some point. Free or almost free is too good to pass up for most people.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    charmyval wrote:
    Comp was supposed to go for 2 hours. I already forgot, so it's good I capped it before to keep the other info on hand.

Thanks for the info, I will updatr my post :)
    TheZommbie wrote:
    i stopped getting them over a month ago on my pc with firefox... i hate IE and its exploits, then they started showing up on my phone for afew weeks and now nohting

I stopped getting them using Chrome on my PC. I still get them sometimes on Safari with my iPad. Unfortunately they usually crash Safari, making them a waste (I do have an older iPad, it might not crash on the newer ones).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh man, you will adore the green dragon then. For some reason I do a lot of gardening, and it's wonnnnderful to harvest, say, 50 plants at once. I plunk a perfect greenhouse down in towns where I'm not having a sim garden, and with a green dragon every sim can have whatever they want for cooking, nectar, alchemy, herbs, snacking, etc. That dumb harvester made my sims sick like half the time, and harvesting takes forever by hand, but the green dragon is flawless.
    What harvester are you referring to that made your sims sick?
  • Options
    stelinhrtsstelinhrts Posts: 131 New Member
    edited April 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:
    NagyGina wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:

I never get the ads on FireFox but can usually find them on Chrome. Try using Chrome just for the ads and hopefully you can get them again.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    planettv wrote:
    Thanks to the Daily Deal I was able to the March 2011 Compilation for free, only had the Through the Spy Glass Bathroom and 5 pieces of the Futureshock Living, and now I own every compilation.

Jealous :mrgreen: I unfortunately got bored waiting and when I remembered to check back it was gone :(
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I stopped getting them using Chrome on my PC. I still get them sometimes on Safari with my iPad. Unfortunately they usually crash Safari, making them a waste (I do have an older iPad, it might not crash on the newer ones).

i think its ashame we need to jump through hoops for them to appear

stelinhrts wrote:
    I never get the ads on FireFox but can usually find them on Chrome. Try using Chrome just for the ads and hopefully you can get them again.

its not worth it to download every browser on the internet just for simpoints ad to showup
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    charmyval wrote:

Thanks for the info, I will updatr my post :)
    No problem. I figured it'd go fast so I wanted to make sure the proper info was had.
    I don't want to really keep track of everything, as I think there are enough people that are (and I get easily distracted), but I'd like to help out in the ways I can, when I can.
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nevermind
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:
    I also tried Firefox (that worked for the 5-10sp ads for a while, then conked out), I have only seen one ad on google (clicked on it, only for it to be "not available"), and so I read about others with the issue, and while people were still getting their 10sp ads in rotations of 5, I resorted to the dreaded IE, but got ads for 5sp each, but then realized I was not limited to just 5, and then was afraid to say anything, thinking it was a fluke that I was getting 100-200sp daily. Then they went worldwide, and I think that is where the problems altered things. I really hate IE, but it is the only way I can get the free sp.

Hopefully they will fix the issues with the other browsers for everyone! I would rather use google (as it is, I cannot purchase from IE, so if I forget to switch to google, the time ticker almost always fails me to get those 30 second or less deals. :(
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have only ever used Firefox and I've been getting anywhere from 75 to 120 sp a day. :-o

On the other hand, I have the world's WORST internet service provider!!! If you have an option of getting TDS -- DON'T :evil: . On an average day of being online, it goes down from 6 to 10 times for about 1 minute to a minute and a half each time. I do not have an option where I live. [Somebody in this town cut themselves a sweetheart deal and this is the ONLY provider available.] I've had ads available that go down in the middle and the points just disappear.
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2014
    NagyGina wrote:
    What harvester are you referring to that made your sims sick?

The invention from Ambitions. Make 100 floor hygienators (easiest cheapest fastest Big Invention to build en masse), and every invention after that will be Masterful. A Masterful Harvester never makes you ill.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.