Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bakery and Old Mill Builds - please post your pics (and links)

Comments

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    ^ ^

I do, very much! :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2014
    chopin27 wrote:
    Hello, everyone. Here is my bakery.
    Sweet Escape - Bakery & Restaurant(Bistro oven)

Lot size: 20 X 20
    No CC ( CUSTARD checked)
    All appliances upgraded.
    Play tested.
    Many thanks to MrHawk for the unlocked stencils stencils.

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8141051

Slideshow: http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/rainy0905/slideshow/Sweet

OMG :shock: I love love your colour scheme. I actually rebuild my Sweet Tooth store to match all your colour scheme LOL, I also used your glass pavillion roof idea as well, my little bakery looks fabulous with all your inspiring ideas in and on it :wink: Thanks for being so talented :mrgreen:

as a thank you I will recommend your whole studio for you :D
    Done, you now have 607 rcommendations :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2014
    So many wonderful bakeries.

Thank you for starting this thread Karritz.

Bookmarked.
  • CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Guys I'm late the party as usual but here goes a few pics from my build:

Paskalini Bistro and Bakery. (Note: I will offer links below for the Bakery lot and for the two sims I created and skilled up to run the bakery; Stella and Giovanni Paskalini. The sim file is large for this household mainly because they are so skilled up and have a ton of stuff in their inventories.) Hope you enjoy!

Lot Link (Paskalini Bistro and Bakery):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8147696

Sim Household Link (Stella and Giovanni Paskalini):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8147694

And now a few pics:

The Lot features: A full bakery and bistro on the first floor complete with the lockable door to the bakery kitchen, a secured pass through to the Paskalini residence which is a quaint Tutor situated behind the bakery itself. Notice what it says on the roof of the kitchen? YUM! Couldn't resist that. The lot also features a working green house using Stones Throw content and it's already been seeded and ready for your sim to harvest ;). The second floor of the bakery is where you send the kids to play games and satisfy their sweet tooth. Third floor houses a more laid back bar setting with the University coffee and treats counter. The Fourth floor is a sitting lounge area with restrooms. This was a fun build and of course I don't use CC or CAP. Sim tested.
    Screenshot-1123_zps2cd5220f.jpg

The Back:
    Screenshot-1117_zps565695e7.jpg

Screenshot-1119_zps05fc2a74.jpg

Screenshot-1125_zps353ea47e.jpg

Here is Giovanni admiring his work!
    Screenshot-1130_zps385a4c93.jpg

Oh one fix to the cake display issue. I placed the cake on the round table that came with one of the wedding venues then I just MOO'd the whole cake+table into a display rack that I had from another set.
    you can see the birthday cake here:
    Screenshot-1132_zpscb3e5359.jpg

You can see the wedding cake here:
    Screenshot-1138_zps548fa2d5.jpg

Screenshot-1136_zpsf9f95c1b.jpg

Screenshot-1144_zpsd9753dd3.jpg

Screenshot-1215_zps07b5cc73.jpg

special passage to private residence
    Screenshot-1151_zps65e1cc0f.jpg

Screenshot-1153_zps1697d1fa.jpg

Screenshot-1155_zps48782ce5.jpg

second floor of private residence:
    Screenshot-1182_zpsd106d00c.jpg

Screenshot-1184_zps0fba70d7.jpg

Screenshot-1180_zpsfcce8ffc.jpg

Better view of secure pass through from kitchen to residence.
    Screenshot-1178_zps2c75c7c1.jpg

Stella and Giovanni enjoying their pie! :)
    Screenshot-1220_zps8bfba59a.jpg

Greenhouse
    Screenshot-1160_zps6aeaae91.jpg

Grove
    Screenshot-1162_zps2ff7e92b.jpg

Second floor of bakery: Sweet Tooth Room
    Screenshot-1165_zps65b0db79.jpg

Screenshot-1168_zpsa2a8c23e.jpg

Third Floor The Bar Area:
    Screenshot-1173_zps1da569d9.jpg

Which leads to outside deck seating.

Screenshot-1175_zpsa691792d.jpg

Fourth Floor:
    Lounge area
    Screenshot-1185_zps529d32ed.jpg

Whole lot cut away:
    Screenshot-1195_zps7bc47585.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    beautiful builds everyone!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Bake n Brew Bakery is very nice AlmightyBlah :) Great exterior of it. It looks great how you have used the cornices. Great front patio entrance area. It looks nice how you have done the awnings, and have placed the plant trees in the corner nooks. Very nice greenery covered trellis outdoors dining area! Nice dining seats that you have used there and nice recolouring of the tablecloths. It looks great how you have used the hedge fencing there. Sims will enjoy eating outdoors there in the outside air and enjoy sunshine through the day.. Nice furnishing of the interior! Great layout of the build. It looks great how you have placed the stocked display shelves , and have the tiered cake on the stand in the corner nook of the sides of the display shelves. It looks great that you have placed plates of baked goods on top of the display shelves. The display racks look great how you have placed them in the windows, for sims to see when looking from outdoors. It looks great that you have used the barrier ropes for sims coming to purchase a drink or food from the barista bar. The cake stand placed beside the register is a nice touch. Great design of and furnishing of the kitchen. It is great that you have woodstove ovens there for sims to enjoy cooking food in to stock the shelves and racks. Nice tiling of the kitchen walls. It looks great how you have placed the wall shelves and hanging pots/pans and utensils items. The chocolate fountain on the pedestal looks great for sims to see when in the shop.
    It is a nice build :)
    edited April 2014
    Great layout of all the various areas of your Paskalini Bistro and Bakery build CHimechAnga :) The build is great! It is great that you have included a home for the Paskalini's to live in in the build too. Very nice exterior of the house. Nice greenhouse for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting produce to use when cooking food to sell in the bakery. It is great that you have an outdoors fruit orchard too. The exterior of the bakery is very nice! It looks great how you have done the roofing ! The word yum on the rooftop of the kitchen looks great! Nice outdoors areas, It looks nice how you have done the flowers and plants, The bears standing on the balls either side of the front door are great for sims to see when entering the bakery. Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have set up the display shelves for sims to buy the baked goods from. Nice type of dining seats that you have used for sims to sit on and enjoy eating the meals they have ordered from the industrial kitchen oven. The type of counters that you have used in the kitchen look great. Great island counter workspace area. It looks great that you have done a passageway from the kitchen through to the residence . The Sweet Tooth room on the second floor looks great! The shades of blue, purple and pink that you have used there look great and give a great effect. Great type of stools that you have used there which suits the type of room, Sims will enjoying having a nice cream, a snowcone or using the chocolate fountain there. The sweet treats seating of the sundae and cupcake seats looks great there! The ice cream wall lights and wall decor and the candy tree looks great too! It looks great that you have placed the water fountain that came with street treats there. Sims will have fun playing the arcade game or riding the spring rider. Nice third floor bar level. The gold windows that you have used there looks nice. Sims will enjoy having a drink or a meal from the bar outside on the deck, looking out at the nice views from being up on a high level in the build. Nice wall and floor pattern in the fourth floor lounge area,
    It is a great build! Great designing of the areas of it :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited April 2014
    Adding my build into the mix. =3

screenshot_original.jpg"width600x600"

Hope you guys like it! =D
    OMG, that looks fab! Downloaded and rec'd. Now, which hood to put it in... :mrgreen:
  • CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Great layout of all the various areas of your Paskalini Bistro and Bakery build CHimechAnga :) The build is great! It is great that you have included a home for the Paskalini's to live in in the build too. Very nice exterior of the house. Nice greenhouse for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting produce to use when cooking food to sell in the bakery. It is great that you have an outdoors fruit orchard too. The exterior of the bakery is very nice! It looks great how you have done the roofing ! The word yum on the rooftop of the kitchen looks great! Nice outdoors areas, It looks nice how you have done the flowers and plants, The bears standing on the balls either side of the front door are great for sims to see when entering the bakery. Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have set up the display shelves for sims to buy the baked goods from. Nice type of dining seats that you have used for sims to sit on and enjoy eating the meals they have ordered from the industrial kitchen oven. The type of counters that you have used in the kitchen look great. Great island counter workspace area. It looks great that you have done a passageway from the kitchen through to the residence . The Sweet Tooth room on the second floor looks great! The shades of blue, purple and pink that you have used there look great and give a great effect. Great type of stools that you have used there which suits the type of room, Sims will enjoying having a nice cream, a snowcone or using the chocolate fountain there. The sweet treats seating of the sundae and cupcake seats looks great there! The ice cream wall lights and wall decor and the candy tree looks great too! It looks great that you have placed the water fountain that came with street treats there. Sims will have fun playing the arcade game or riding the spring rider. Nice third floor bar level. The gold windows that you have used there looks nice. Sims will enjoy having a drink or a meal from the bar outside on the deck, looking out at the nice views from being up on a high level in the build. Nice wall and floor pattern in the fourth floor lounge area,
    It is a great build! Great designing of the areas of it :)

Thank you very much rosemow for your nice and detailed comments. I always appreciate the time you take on commenting on everyone's builds it is very much appreciated! :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    There are some crazy-good builds in this thread! I don't even know where to start commenting on them! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Awesome work everyone!

*starts scribbling down ideas in notepad*
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited April 2014
    rose, you're such a sweetheart for taking the time to give valuable feedback to everyone. :D
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2014
    :):):)
  • AlmightyBlahAlmightyBlah Posts: 137 Member
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The Bake n Brew Bakery is very nice AlmightyBlah :) Great exterior of it. It looks great how you have used the cornices. Great front patio entrance area. It looks nice how you have done the awnings, and have placed the plant trees in the corner nooks. Very nice greenery covered trellis outdoors dining area! Nice dining seats that you have used there and nice recolouring of the tablecloths. It looks great how you have used the hedge fencing there. Sims will enjoy eating outdoors there in the outside air and enjoy sunshine through the day.. Nice furnishing of the interior! Great layout of the build. It looks great how you have placed the stocked display shelves , and have the tiered cake on the stand in the corner nook of the sides of the display shelves. It looks great that you have placed plates of baked goods on top of the display shelves. The display racks look great how you have placed them in the windows, for sims to see when looking from outdoors. It looks great that you have used the barrier ropes for sims coming to purchase a drink or food from the barista bar. The cake stand placed beside the register is a nice touch. Great design of and furnishing of the kitchen. It is great that you have woodstove ovens there for sims to enjoy cooking food in to stock the shelves and racks. Nice tiling of the kitchen walls. It looks great how you have placed the wall shelves and hanging pots/pans and utensils items. The chocolate fountain on the pedestal looks great for sims to see when in the shop.
    It is a nice build :)
    You're such a sweetheart - thank you so much! I really value your input. I remember you taking the time to review some of my previous builds, too - I just wanted to let you know how appreciated it is. Thank you so much for taking the time - not just with me, but with everyone. Your support is truly invaluable. <3

OMG, that looks fab! Downloaded and rec'd. Now, which hood to put it in... :mrgreen:
    Aww, thank you! I'm really glad you like it. =D
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited April 2014
    The creativity in this thread is wonderful!! I love all the designs and I have downloaded several of the smaller builds, because I only have room for small lots...

Now, Aurora Skies has a bakery, Uni and Oasis Landing have a bakery, and my France has three, because well, it's France and is pastry-center of the world. :)

Thank you to everyone for sharing your talents with us!! :mrgreen:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would have loaded my bakery build by now - but the past 6 hours of testing tells me it makes my game crash to desktop every 3 or 4 Sim days.

I will take another look at it on the weekend.
    edited April 2014
    I am sorry that you are having problems with your bakery build Karritz . I hope that you can find out what is causing the crashing problems.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is a little bakery I made to go on the Bistro lot in Sunset Valley. I have a nifty combo lot called Mirabello Plaza that has the Bistro included which left this little lot open. I tried to make it in the style of the Grocery if you have the original lot next door. It does have a different color scheme. It is simply named Sunset Valley Bakery

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8150135

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/645/010/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/646/010/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/648/010/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/649/010/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]

This is the second floor kitchen

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/650/010/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg"width=600&quot; "height=450"[/img]

It was late when I took the pictures so they aren't very good. I designed it to be open on the selling floor because I found it to have a better flow for customers. It was crazy busy and there was no routing problems. This was built on my building computer that has no mods or 3rd party CCs. Hope you like it.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2014
    chopin27 wrote:
    Hello, everyone. Here is my bakery.
    Sweet Escape - Bakery & Restaurant(Bistro oven)

Lot size: 20 X 20
    No CC ( CUSTARD checked)
    All appliances upgraded.
    Play tested.
    Many thanks to MrHawk for the unlocked stencils stencils.

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8141051

Slideshow: http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/rainy0905/slideshow/Sweet

sw06_zps2b57853b.jpg

Thank you, Karritz. :-)

What set/pack is that lovely tall shelving unit from?

I downloaded this lovely lot and checked that out myself last night in-game.

It's made from several parts. The bottom is a shop counter, then she used MOO to set the Bug Case from Supernatural over it so just the top portion shows, she placed the long skinny wall mirror behind it, then added shelves from Generations and the décor items.

It's brilliant, Chopin27. :mrgreen:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited April 2014
    Wow. That moo idea with the bug case is impressive. I was thinking about it yesterday and worked out it would include the bug case but the bug case had a different base. I didn't have time to think any more about it then though.

I'll add the additions info to the first post after work tonight or tomorrow. Depends when I get home. I don't want to do it when I'm too tired to know what I'm trying to do.
    edited April 2014
    Sunset Bakery is very nice michellehilbrand :) Great exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the dormers and used the cornices. Great type of and placement of the windows in the build. It looks great how you have done front door entrance on an angled corner of the build. It is a nice touch that you placed a seat bench and a vase of flowers outside the entrance for sims to sit , rest and enjoy watching people coming in and out of the bakery with nice flowers to also look at. Great outdoors dining area. It looks nice how you have set up the dining tables and chairs . Great type of dining seats you have used which suit a bakery. The recolouring of the tablecloths looks pretty, and the roses on the tables are nice for sims to see whilst they are sitting there dining. Nice furnishing of the interior. The type of counters that you have used looks very nice. It looks nice that you have placed the cake stand, flan stand, tiered cakes and bread decor items on them. Sims will enjoy buying a drink from the barista bar to have with their baked food. It looks nice that you have placed the items from the sweet treats pack on top of the display shelves . The vase of flowers near the front door is a nice welcoming sight for sims to see when entering or leaving the store. Great design of the kitchen, It looks great how you have done the long tables workspace. The striped pattern that you have used for the walls of both levels looks nice.
    It is a great bakery :)
    edited April 2014
    Oh well - I decided to stop looking for the problem with my bakery and now I'm recreating it from scratch in a new game.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2014
    That's a shame. But it looks so nice I'm glad you are considering going to all that work all over again. Hopefully take 2 will turn out perfectly!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited April 2014
    I am sorry that you have to redo your build again. karritz. I hope that your second version of it goes well. It will be even better then the original one. I will look forward to seeing it. :)
    edited April 2014
    I thought it my problems might have been caused because I had some NRAAS mods in when I was building the bakery.

Now this new one is completely free of mods. It is almost finished. I have a food register and the bakery stove and bistro oven in it. No food has been prepared yet except by the bistro oven. As soon as the food was prepared by the bistro oven it crashed to desktop again.

So I don't think the other build is really broken now. I think it might be my computer. Or the bistro oven with the new bakery stove having a conflict. I keep getting BREAKPOINT error messages in the log file.
    edited April 2014
    This new build is crashing to desktop too. It only happens if I have the bakery in my game.

I think I'll make a new Sims 3 folder tonight. Something in the game must be corrupt. Or it might be that I need to uninstall the whole game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top