Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• Tccool987Tccool987 Posts: 265
    edited July 2012
    flake2210 wrote:
    I am just wondering will this laptop graphic card before i buy it work ok with the sims 3 pets

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2390T (2.7 to 3.5 GHz with Turbo Boost, 5 GT/s (DMI), 6 MB L3 cache)
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM 6 GB (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)
    - DDR3
    Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6550A with Avivo technology
    Screen type WLED
    Screen resolution 1920 x 1080
    Screen size 23"
    Screen features Touch-enabled diagonal Full HD widescreen BrightView WLED
    Hard drive 2000 GB
    - 7200 rpm
    - SATA 3G
    Optical disk drive Slim Tray Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
    Memory card reader 6-in-1 memory card reader
    USB Number of front panel USB ports: 2 x USB 3.0
    Number of rear panel USB ports: 4
    Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    WiFi Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
    Audio interface 1 Beats stereo audio line out
    1 Beats headphone/mic combo
    1 Beats subwoofer out
    Sound Onboard / Beats audio console
    Webcam Yes
    Keyboard & Mouse Wireless
    Accessories included Wireless keyboard, Wireless optical mouse, Integrated webcam with built-in microphone, HP Win7 Media Center Remote Control
    Software included Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel® only, with advertising. No PowerPoint® or Outlook®. Buy Office 2010 to use the full featured software.
    HP TouchSmart 5.0 software suite; Beats Audio console; HP
    LinkUp; HP Setup manager; HP Music; HP Games Console;
    Cyberlink Power2Go; EasyBits Magic Desktop; Norton Online
    Backup (30-day trial); Microsoft Internet Explorer; Adobe Reader;
    Adobe Flash Player; Windows Live Essentials
    Size 580 x 217 x 457 mm
    Weight 11.7 kg

I think it would work just fine. :)
  • DevoutSpiritDevoutSpirit Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have a Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 and I have the pet horse glithc, prob the others to but I only got a Horse for starters...
    Which mods affect it because Im sure its not the graphics card
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Just a question that's sort of off topic...

Is the 2GB Nvidia GT630 card a good graphics card?
  • jkhfjkfbhvfjkhfjkfbhvf Posts: 304
    edited September 2012
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series my pets are looking pretty good but I dunno if its considered fluff or no fluff.
  • BreeannaOhh97BreeannaOhh97 Posts: 7
    edited October 2012
    I have a Intel(R) GMA 950 and I'm having horrible glitches with my pets. So bad that I can't tell a cat from a dog. I'm not positive if the glitches are from my graphics card, can anyone tell me if my graphic card is the issue?
  • LOHC2343LOHC2343 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    I have an ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 and my pets are extremely deformed, but I have no problems with the other expansions.
  • LillirethLillireth Posts: 351 Member
    edited November 2012
    My card is not listed as supported by EA, however, it works perfectly fine with all of the EPs.

AMD 760G Chipset
  • SaraMarie101SaraMarie101 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I got Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset and my pets are messed up

can someone even help!!!!!!!!!!
  • harrismazzharrismazz Posts: 9
    edited January 2014
    I have the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 with the issues.
  • brandieLA17brandieLA17 Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    I got Nvidia GeForce 6150SE and the cats and dogs heads of any age is messed up
  • SierraMist16SierraMist16 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited April 2014

I also have the same graphics card and my cats and dogs heads are terrible and the eyes stick out really far. I'm very frustrated. :/ Is there no fix for this without getting a better graphics card?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2014

I also have the same graphics card and my cats and dogs heads are terrible and the eyes stick out really far. I'm very frustrated. :/ Is there no fix for this without getting a better graphics card?
    sorry i have no real insight to the past possible game issues folks were experiencing 3 years ago when this thread was created but i can tell you if you are currently having any issue with fur/fluffy - thats basically just card related

you have an integrated card that im guessing is around 4 years old - if correct its simply not up for the task of rendering pets

again i guess there may have been an issue with pets when it was first released - now these years later the only thing i see are weak cards that are under performing with the EP because they werent designed for such a demanding task.

of course there could be a few that have proper gaming cards and are just having software issues like drivers or card settings - based on your card i sadly dont think thats your situation
  • Gina_xoxoGina_xoxo Posts: 94 Member
    edited April 2014
    anyone have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250?

It works ok with sims 3, university and ambition but can be slow at loading. Not sure if thats the game or my computer. My graphics card was not recognised when I installed them but it still works well

I'm downloading the Pet expansion. Hope it works!
  • FreakysimsloveFreakysimslove Posts: 5
    edited July 2014
    I have a Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset... the animals are glitched and stretched. Is there any fix for it? :?
  • Kat2211Kat2211 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • shuwen123456789shuwen123456789 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    To help with the numerous posts about what graphics cards will work, I thought everyone could post here listing their graphics card, if they are having issues, and if so what issues in relation to the pets EP.

supported or unsupported is not the issue here as it seems some unsupported are fine and some supported are not

I have an Intel HD Graphics Core i5-no current issues with pets

EDIT* If your graphics card is not on either list below please tell us about it :)
    DO I REALLY NEED TO BUY A NEW GRAPHIC CARD?!! IM SO ANGRY AT EA RIGHT!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY!!MY ANIMALS IN CREATE A PETS IS SO UGLY(DEFORMED), AND WHEN I ADOPT SOME PETS, THEY ARE VERY UGLY TOO!!!
  • Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    To help with the numerous posts about what graphics cards will work, I thought everyone could post here listing their graphics card, if they are having issues, and if so what issues in relation to the pets EP.

supported or unsupported is not the issue here as it seems some unsupported are fine and some supported are not

I have an Intel HD Graphics Core i5-no current issues with pets

EDIT* If your graphics card is not on either list below please tell us about it :)
    DO I REALLY NEED TO BUY A NEW GRAPHIC CARD?!! IM SO ANGRY AT EA RIGHT!!! I JUST WANT TO CRY!!MY ANIMALS IN CREATE A PETS IS SO UGLY(DEFORMED), AND WHEN I ADOPT SOME PETS, THEY ARE VERY UGLY TOO!!!

:lol: At least you only have to buy a new graphics card. I had to buy a whole new computer. But, yes. There is nothing that can be done, other than buying a new graphics card, about bendy-straw, deformed pets. You can personally thank EA 8) I'm sure many have.
  • 1337_N1NJ4R_93981337_N1NJ4R_9398 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I have an AMD Radeon HD6310. HAS ISSUES!!! Animals glitching and taking on the form of humans, or their faces shooting off into space. Even baby and toddler glitches. babies can be treated like grown up sims, and toddlers look TALL AND SKINNY whenever they are put into cribs.

Thankfully, after changing my settings to low, I am finally able to play with minimal issues, but I want to have the option of playing with high quality and no creepy babies or animals. ;-; I should just buy a new card, but then I have to take my laptop apart again... -_-
  • TLFBPLenTLFBPLen Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Nvidia graphics cards tend to run the Sims 3 fairly well, I have a Nvidia GeForce 680 (I believe) and I can run the game on all high graphics without any lag or crashing :)