Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One-a-Week Poetry Contest: Week 1 - Acrostic Poetry - CLOSED

Comments

• skyeseekerskyeseeker Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2014
    I love all the entries. The one about CC makes me laugh!
  • skyeseekerskyeseeker Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much Rosemow!
  • WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited April 2014
    So many amazing entries. Everyone here really has done a great job. Before I cast my two votes (which truth be told was a very hard decision) I have a few honourable mentions who really captured my imagination with their poems.

AnnitaEatsYa - Great sense of humour in your work! Nice use of punctuation to convey the message as well. I really liked the rhetorical questioning.

mjdrgnpt - Even though this poem didn't fit the theme, it can't go without a mention. I liked your use of pauses in the lines to create an atmosphere. Great work!

WrathofCath - I loved the light-hearted nature of this poem. Lovely rhymes with a very accurate look at the building process; gotta recolour them all! :lol:

And now for my two votes, which go to:

IMeep - Great concept relating to the theme and a very thought-provoking ending. Nice work.

Thelessy - I liked your language and thought you did well to incorporate the internal rhyme scheme into each line. Again, an inspiring piece.
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much WibbleLikeAJelly, rosemow and Fleera for your lovely feedback ^-^

It's going to be tough choosing just two poems as my favourites!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited April 2014
    This was a hard one to decide and i had to read through my finalists several times but

WrathofCath and ForeverFranconia get my votes

Honorable mentions to

Thelessy and ElementDragon's glitches

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2014
    My very favorite is TheLessy's with internal rhyme. My second favorite is WrathofCath's Creative Corner, because I too love building most.

All the poems are creative and wonderful.
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited April 2014
    We are now voting!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited April 2014
    This was a very hard choice. Everyone did so well and put so much thought into their creations.

I will give hearty nods to:
    IMeep and ForeverFranconia

I will vote for:
    Thelessy and WrathofCath
  • BklynbkbPlayerBklynbkbPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2014
    I am unsure of forum etiquette, so will preface by saying: I would very much like to respond to everyone's poem because I enjoyed reading them so much! So, this post will be long. I will put my votes at the end. I hope this is okay. I also wanted to thank rosemow for the complimentary and encouraging comments, WrathofCath for the compliment, and Blythelyre for hosting. Thank you so much!

Coffefreak4Life: I loved the meter, rhyme and humor.

PurpleAthenaOwl: Dreamy and existential; great imagery

Laramoonlily: Iron Chefs, indeed! (Goldfish sushi, anyone?)

rosemow: Your poem was lovely: reflective of your personality as the consistently nicest person I have seen posting in the forums.

ciane: I thought you caught the essence of the game as I play it.

TheLessy: Lovely narrative and last line; parallel structure and meter were beautifully done

WibbleLikeaJelly: I really liked the use of diminishing words in your structure.

mjdrgnpt: Creepy and portentous! Loved it! (Aside: I have pronounced your screen name as "Michael Jackson Dr. Green Pants" because I was afraid of misspelling it.)

ForeverFranconia: I totally relate to the story you told in your poem.

Skelda: It reads like a proper poem, which I think is such a challenge with acrostics!

Blythelyre: I love the contrast in tone between your two poems.

IMeep: Thought-provoking and beautifully written - I love the way the ideas travel through the lines

WrathofCath: I love how the rhyming keeps the poem flowing, much like the creativity you write about in your poem.

AnnitaEatsYa: Your poem made me remember my first-ever Sim, who spent his brief life setting dinner on fire and then crying.

Fleera: Lol! Sims can be so naughty!

jezebelthenun: What a delicious poem, and so perfect for Grilled Cheese Month.

ElementDragon: Each of your poems made me laugh out loud for quite some time. I thought you really captured the "roll with it" attitude I've needed to keep enjoying this game.

Skyeseeker: Your poems are both so upbeat and fun!

I really hope I didn't skip anyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for participating in this thread and to let you know how much I truly enjoyed reading your creative and wonderful efforts. :D

My votes are for:
    TheLessy, because I was so impressed, and for ElementDragon, because I really had a good laugh.
    edited April 2014
    Thank you, BklynbkbPlayer, for taking the time for all the individual responses. I know I love seeing them and really like to do them when I have time. For the record, you couldn't have left me a greater compliment than to have captured the essence of the game. Thank you for that.

Yours was the fun double acrostic, right? Nice job on that. I thought maybe shortening People to Peeps would have worked well too. :D
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited April 2014
    So much creativity.

My vote goes to Fleera and BklynbkbPlayer.

Thanks for the reminder about the other comp Ciane!
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited April 2014
    Really tough choice :shock:

I think I am going to go with Imeep because your poem was thought provoking and brings to mind something I've often thought, what would it be like to be a sim?
    My second vote is for AnnitaEatsYa because your poem made me smile and brought back fond memories of my first sims household. I, like many people, spent much of my early simming time with my sims on fire.
    Great work everyone!
    I look forward to seeing next week's poems too :mrgreen:

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited April 2014
    Even though I didn't write a poem, can I still vote?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited April 2014
    Nesa, I'm guessing that you can vote, though I don't know if it'll count or not. :P

Hopefully, Blythe will be by to answer your question. I did wonder about that too.

Oh, and just why didn't you write one??? :shock: :?
  • mjdrgnptmjdrgnpt Posts: 303 Member
    edited April 2014
    So many wonderful poems. This was really hard.

In the end, my votes go to jezebelthenun and Thelessy.
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have to give my votes to ElementDragon and Fleera. Because put a smile on my face when I read them.

But this was rather hard to choose for everyone did a great job.

I also have to mention TheLessy. It reminded me how I used to write in high school, and I've forgotten how to write beautiful like that.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited April 2014
  • ElementDragonElementDragon Posts: 859 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you guys for the comments. :D I'm glad I made you laugh as was my goal. I hope you had as much fun reading them as I did making them.

So many of the poems where lovely and hard to chose...but I'm going with:

ForeverFranconia - I can relate to her poem and it made me smile. :wink:

BklynbkbPlayer
    - For matching not just the first letters, but the last as well. Quite creative. :)

I wish I could vote for more of you, I really do. Regardless, good luck everyone. :D
  • jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited April 2014
    Everyone did such an awesome job. I know we all say it, but it's true!

My votes, however, go to Imeep and Thelessy this round.

Thanks to those who commented on my "cheesy" poem. It feels so nice to be back on these forums! :)
  • BklynbkbPlayerBklynbkbPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much! The nice comments and being nominated :shock: really made my day!
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited April 2014
    Okay, I have agonised :lol: and in the end I have decided that I'd like my votes to go to jezebelthenun and WrathOfCath please.

It was so tough to pick! All of the poems were wonderful and I have been cheered up, made to think and amused in equal measure. Great job everybody!
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited April 2014
    ciane wrote:
    Nesa, I'm guessing that you can vote, though I don't know if it'll count or not. :P

Hopefully, Blythe will be by to answer your question. I did wonder about that too.

Oh, and just why didn't you write one??? :shock: :?

Because I didn't read this thread until after the deadline. :?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited April 2014
    Fair enough.

Vote, and see if it counts.

I look forward to reading your poem this week.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited April 2014
    Happy Monday to everyone!

I know it's been said a bunch of times before, but I honestly have to agree with everyone on how Difficult it was to choose just two poems. Each and every one of these poems was special in its own way.

I would also like to say a big Thank you to those of you who commented on and voted for my poem. :D

I vote for Thelessy and Skyeseeker.