Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bakery cost on day of release?

Im seeing a cost of 1900 simpoints with no reduction, are venues being charged at full price now on day of release?

Comments

• allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited April 2014
    This one is apparently.. a simguru confirmed it in another thread :(
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yup no discount on this one
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited April 2014
    The venue appears to be huge - so I guess we are paying for the size of the thing.

I was expecting something more the size of the pet store in Pets. Not a hotel-sized venue.
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm holding out on the tiny hope that by the 'intended price' that was verified that they meant the normal price of the venue is 1900, and that they'll realize their silly mistake and put it on sale for 1700 - because so far I don't really see anyone buying this, and EA really just ruined it for themselves.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well, some people have gone ahead and bought it.

I'm off to bed soon so I might as well wait until tomorrow to rethink my position. Hopefully, by then, there will be more info on here from people who have tried it all out.

But the price is very disappointing. I was expecting to have leapt on that buy button within seconds of it being released, but EA have definitely put some people off - including me.
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    I assume they listened to everyone beg for ages and saw the amount of enthusiasm for the product, so they probably figured they'd take advantage of it, and that people would be so desperate that they'd be willing to pay full price.

I'm hoping that the majority of simmers will prove them wrong. Otherwise, I can see this becoming an ongoing practice.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    I'm holding out on the tiny hope that by the 'intended price' that was verified that they meant the normal price of the venue is 1900, and that they'll realize their silly mistake and put it on sale for 1700 - because so far I don't really see anyone buying this, and EA really just ruined it for themselves.

nope no sale :( confirmed by Simgururisskkii in another thread
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited April 2014
    There will be if it doesn't sell.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    I assume they listened to everyone beg for ages and saw the amount of enthusiasm for the product, so they probably figured they'd take advantage of it, and that people would be so desperate that they'd be willing to pay full price.

I'm hoping that the majority of simmers will prove them wrong. Otherwise, I can see this becoming an ongoing practice.
    LOL. I just got totally distracted from the thread by your pumpkin head siggy. I'll be trundling upstairs giggling now :lol:
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wallin wrote:

I hope you are right. I notice a lot of people who were planning to buy this today have said that they changed their mind due to the lack of sale. So maybe if enough of us hold off they will rethink things. I doubt it, but it would be nice. :)
  • 1fallqueen1fallqueen Posts: 529 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm not buying today. I'll just wait until it goes on sale. It doesn't have a discount, there really isn't a reason for me to buy it right now. It does look like a nice venue. Just out of my price point since I don't have enough Sim points(I wish I hadn't bought the ones I did).

• litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2014
    I cannot understand the thinking behind not giving us a discount on release day at least. We are virtually at the end of sims 3 now, new store content is dwindling but EA need to keep the fans happy and content until Sims 4 is released. It just seems like such a petty and miserly thing to do now, I just cant believe it would kill them to give a bit of slack to the fans that are so important to the Sims franchise.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2014
    I was a little surprised at there not being a discount on release day, as well. I usually don't buy entire Venues but after lurking several of the threads here I have to admit this one looks very nice. Love the new birthday and wedding cakes and I can see myself actually using the bakery and its items a lot. Can we say "Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shoppe?!?!" :twisted:

However, like 1fallqueen, I won't be getting it today. Without a discount the incentive to buy right away is gone. I'll just keep chiseling away at the free simpoint ads and get it when I feel like I've discounted it enough myself! :lol:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited April 2014
    being gone for aweek been busy moving to a new house i got on to check the main page to see the bakery! wantin to click buy so click on page and seen 1900 no sale... i guess i can wait for a sale like grandpas grove etc etc
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm surprised there's not a discount. I guess the higher ups put their foot down. :(

They've had a ton of deals on other venues and items lately - maybe management thought we've had enough :evil:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited April 2014
    I really wanted this bakery also but I can't pay full price for it. Had to get my son Birthday gifts so no money left. Oh well. I know he will have a wonderful Birthday, and that's more than I can ask for. :D
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think sometimes we expect too much, I am happy to pay the full price for this beautiful venue :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well, between them trying to stiff us on the 200 simpoints and wanting to wait to see what sort of game-impacting glitches/frustrations/insanity are caused by this latest piece of content, I guess I'll just hold off on purchasing it.

No sale price, EA? Not cool. No money for you today from me.

I did, however, download Around The Sims' excellent bakery items to tide me over until the price becomes more reasonable/all glitches are fixed by modders. :twisted: I have a feeling it's going to provide the kind of functionality I need to place a bakery in all of my towns without having to control the sims running it.
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited April 2014
    The price is a let down, no doubt. EA seemed so pleased with the Bohemian Garden sale results, I guess they don't realize that it was due to the PRICE of the garden! The garden price was pretty decent and it had a discount! I was willing to splurge with 1700 for the Bakery (Birthday gift to myself) but I see no reason to rush downloading it because the price isn't likely to go up!
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I can't buy any of the items individualy. I was going to buy a bag of flour and say I'm all ready for whenever it goes on CYS. :wink:
  • Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I think I'll be holding off on buying it for awhile too, and the Boho Garden as well. I was thinking of buying both, but I don't have enough simpoints at the moment. And they sort of need each other...

I feel like I've gotten kicked in the shins twice now. New items used to stay on sale for about a week, or more. I had almost enough simpoints saved up to buy the Boho Garden last month on sale, but because it was only discounted for about three days, I missed out. (I was only about 100 points short, too... :cry: ) Now, I just can't seem to talk myself into parting with enough of my hard-earned simpoints to buy it at full price, even though I have more than enough saved up.

Plus, I haven't seen the free simpoint ads for about a week now, so I've gone into "hoard" mode and I'm in simpoint "lockdown" right now.

Usually I feel more pressure to buy a set, world or venue I like within the first week of release because I don't know if I'll see it on sale for less than that initial sale price anytime soon.

I love this bakery and everything that comes with it, and if they had offered it with the usual "release discount", I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but since they didn't, I have no good reason to make this purchase now. I might as well wait until it goes on sale, or until it is convenient for me to buy it after I've saved up more simpoints, or until I see what else is going to be released and can decide what set or venue to buy first. So, I'll just wait because I have nothing to lose by waiting, and everything to gain.
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited April 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Well, between them trying to stiff us on the 200 simpoints and wanting to wait to see what sort of game-impacting glitches/frustrations/insanity are caused by this latest piece of content, I guess I'll just hold off on purchasing it.

No sale price, EA? Not cool. No money for you today from me.

I did, however, download Around The Sims' excellent bakery items to tide me over until the price becomes more reasonable/all glitches are fixed by modders. :twisted: I have a feeling it's going to provide the kind of functionality I need to place a bakery in all of my towns without having to control the sims running it.

I LOVE Around the Sims!! I remember when I first started playing I went crazy and downloaded almost EVERYTHING on that site! lol :lol: My misc decor was a huge mess! Couldn't find anything. *takes a look* think I'll download that bakery too.... :P

better than nothing
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    I had been so excited about this venue but am always a little hesitant on buying the first few days because of bugs; I'd rather see what others do and don't like about it, what's working and what isn't, whether something needs fixing, or doesn't work as we thought it would.

Even so, I was so in love with the decor that I was ready to buy it on Day One (maybe Two) and take my chances with the PC (especially that oven!). That discount though makes all of the difference. I usually think of it as a reward for Simmers taking the plunge and testing it out, and as a reward for those willing to spend quite a lot of money with the early releases instead of waiting for a 50% off sale.

But, full price doesn't sit well with me. I'm a Daily Deal stalker through and through, and a total bargain shopper in all aspects of my life. 1700sp would have been stretching things but I just adored it so much I was ready to give in for that, but 1900sp is too far. I suppose it's just going to my wishlist now, for the day they put it on sale for 40% off or more. You better believe I won't pay a cent over 1140sp now. Such a shame that I'll be saving that money for other things. :D
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm waiting on this one just because it wasn't on sale. I've lived without it this long, I'm certain I can live without it a few more weeks. It will go on sale sooner or later. I'm really getting tired of EA trying to take advantage of their regular paying customers. :?
  • trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2014
    jacqpinks wrote:
    I think sometimes we expect too much, I am happy to pay the full price for this beautiful venue :)

Fully agree- this is a venue much more in-depth I feel than most, and I believe this one (not all from here on out, mind you) deserves the full price for the dedication the team put into this for us simmers.

I understand for those for whom money is tight, and 200 simpoints simply isn't feasible right now. But for those simply holding out over 200 simpoints seems quite silly to me. But to each their own, and I do hope everyone finds joy whether purchasing the venue now, later, or perhaps never. It is all about enjoying the game in the end. :)

Happy simming!!!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png