Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange ~ GIFTING NOW OPEN ~ YAY!!!!! : )

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited April 2014
    Dayshatw wrote:
    My Letter

Username: Dayshatw
    I would like lots of the following sizes: Of what?

Do you like small lots or larger ones in town? What lot sizes do you seem to be drawn to and use over and over again?

Do you prefer getting a new home for your Sims OR would you like for them to have someplace new to go?

Do you have particular skills that you enjoy your Sims doing? For example, I enjoy gardening, cooking, painting, and writing but I know others who do not and would find themselves bored in the houses I own. :lol:

Regarding Sims themselves, do you want any? If so, do you prefer Single (male or female)? Couple? Family? Young kids or not?

I know you are really flexible and are encouraging your Buddy to have fun and surprise you, but a lot of people like to have an idea of what kind of things you would like to see. I know it is not a guarantee that you'll get it, but the more information you provide the better a chance of your Buddy going, "Aha! I KNOW what I'm going to make!"

But if you prefer to be truly surprised, then that's okay too! :mrgreen:

Link to original letter, so it is easier to return to it for editing purposes
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/746406.page#11906962
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    Form~
    Username: Ashleykaymay
    Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed:
    I have every pack but Movie Stuff.

I have the following Store Content:
    I have everything but the items on my wishlist and the build/buy items from Midnight Hollow Gold (I do have the toy machine but none of the rest of the gold items).

I have the following Worlds:
    All of them. All my worlds that have a gold option are the gold version except from MH.

Some of my favorite Colors are: I was the kind of kid who picked a new color every week. Some of my favorite combos though? Jewel tones paired with a nice neutral to balance it out, Yellows paired with grey, creams and lighter shades together, wood tones, etc. Feel free to mix any of that up though. I love a good color scheme.

I really don't like this Color:
    Bright, neon colors. I prefer deeper shades of colors or light shades but the bright rainbow shades just aren't my thing. If you check out my studio, you can see the colors I normally use.

I love to use this set:
    Build/Buy: Any of the midcentury modern set, bohemian garden, or Aurora Skies build items.
    CAS: Bohemian Women

I play mostly in this world:
    Aurora Skies, Bridgeport, or Lucky Palms

I enjoy this style of build the most: Midcentury Modern

I really don't want this in my game: Berry Sims.

I would like lots of the following sizes: Any size works for me. Big or small, they are all great.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. Berry: no. Occult: that is ok. I don't play them often but I'm for it.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: I would! I don't play them enough at all!

Other~ I'm easy to please! I'm mostly building/creating these days so the chance for something made for me, no matter what it is, would be so fun. Have fun with what you are doing!
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited April 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    Do we need to say so if we've edited our letter? :) If so, I've edited my letter :mrgreen:

Wishing you all a safe, happy day, filled with fun and many smiles :)

*Waves to Hanne* Basically you only need to say you've edited once buddies have been assigned so that they can go back and check what you've added etc. :P

Ah, I see :) Thank you ^_^
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi and welcome Ashley! So excited to see your letter this morning! :D
    edited April 2014
    morning-106.gif
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited April 2014
    Good morning ...

WakeUpKitty_zps0a55578f.gif
    edited April 2014
    I so love that kitten Ali! It's soooo darned adorable! lol I wonder how big it is now :shock:
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited April 2014
    I prefer to believe it is still as cute and cuddly as in the picture. :-)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited April 2014
    *waves*

Bye! Sayonara! Adieu to Addy!

In a couple of hours I will be out the door and gone until SAT night. Most likely won't be posting while I'm away so fare thee well for now.

Please, please keep posting those letters and chatting up this thread!! Do NOT panic if your letter link isn't on the front page... I know where I stopped and will pick up from there as soon as I am back to business. :mrgreen:

goodday_56.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited April 2014
    Good morning tanubanue and Alitoni :) The flower and little insects look very happy and the little kitten is very cute!

I hope your next few days are great and your travelling goes well ADWilson :)
  • ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited May 2014
    Form~
    Username: ladydarkmoon24
    All EP's installed
    All SP's installed all but Fast Lane, Movie Stuff, and Diesel

Venues and Sets
    Grandpa's Grove, Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire, Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den), Faire Folk Attire, Faire Folk Den, Faire Folk Slumber, Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den), Storybook Bathroom Set, A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set, Celtic Lands, Futureshock Loft Collection, Fall Fruition, When Worlds Collide Collection, Gothique Library, Steampunk, Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire, Romanza Ceremony + Reception, Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set, Technophobe No More, Oh My Goth! Compilation, Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set, Gothique Sleeping Room, Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set, Gothique Living Room, Gothique Living + Sleeping Rooms, Steampunk Savvy, Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection, Storybook Living Room Set, Storybook Dining Room Set, Storybook Bedroom Set, Happily Ever After, Full Storybook Set, Once Upon a Time Cottage, May 2012 Compilation Set, Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection, Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom Set, Wilderness Dreaming, Level Up Collection, Steampunk Kitchen, Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set, New Year, New Kitchen!, The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set, Year of the Dragon Set, January 2012 Compilation, More Magic!, The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set, Haute Hacienda Dining Room Set, Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set, Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation, Fabulous Fiesta!, It’s Game Time!, Championship Dreams, Level Up Collection, Man Cave Compilation,

Individual Items
    You Spin My Time, Romantique Double Bed, The Happy Elephant, Sejal The Enchantress, Crescent Mooned Vanity Chair, Fantasy Activity Table, Playground High Chair, Sherman the Shark, Aims Choc-O-Fountain, She Put the Lime in the Coconut Top, Lovely Wall Mirror, Alpha Waves Aquarium, Panda Crib, The Prestige, Princess Tiara, Minor Estate Gate, Grand Estate Gate, Estate Fence, Low Cut Halter Dress, Evening Gown with Bow, Sea Adventures, Kumquats of Prosperity, Jon and Cindy Bunny, Animal Friends Activity Table, Pandoraette, Little Bows, Fluffy Dress, Refining Blouse, On Shoulder Dress, Colonial Fashion Dress, Magical Faire Gate, Mystical Fence, Gothique Flower Vase, Romantique Table Lamp, Octagonal End Table, Two Arm Floor Lamp, They Don't Build em' Like They Used To Fireplace, Playground Toy Chest, Top of the Tower by Castle Kits, Inc., Shawl and Apron Flower Combo, Safari Living: Table Top Baobab, Ultramodern End Table by D. Kyle, Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath, ***** Heel, Haute Hip Panther Sculpture, Haute Hip Wall Tree Light, Edged Out Lamp, Little Princess Dresser, Banana Jeff’s Wall Mirror, Goddess Tank, Faire Frog Fountain, Classic Gumball Machine, Dreams of Carrots, Bargain Lamp, Locks & Keys, Lloyd Wright Bookshelf, The Formal Assailant, Country Candelabra, Mai Tie Bikini Top, Sarong Along with Me, Wily Wilderness Tower, Faire Folk Bird House, "O" Bandeau

I do have a bit of the free items as well.

I have the following Worlds: Riverview, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Dragon Valley

Some of my favorite Colors are: Blues and Purples. Bright colors.

I really don't like this Color: Pink but do not mind if it is in the game

I love to use this set: I am big into the mystical and fantasy expects of the game and gardening. If I own the item it is safe to say that I am using the items. All items I own and from the SP and EP that I have mentioned are fair game to use. I love seeing items that I have put to great use and encourage you to use whatever items I have listed or from the games and worlds listed to your advantage.

I play mostly in this world: Dragon Valley and Parodies Island

I enjoy this style of build the most: anything and everything. I do love gardens, art, cooking, music, and places for my witches, fairies, and other supernatural characters to hang out, live, and work.

I really don't want this in my game: custom contents

I would like lots of the following sizes: any and all size lots are fine

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. - all types of sims are fine. I have never had a plant sim but it is because I have never been turned into one.... Nor have I ever had a mermaid sim but would love to have one myself... I normally never play with just a human sim or vampire sim (My vampires seem to die way to quick)

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household - I love animals and any type or kind is fine. Always wanted an unicorn. love cats and dogs. I love horses but if I have a horse I would need a nice stable and area for them to run and play in.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) - I am always in need of more sims, houses, community areas, pets, etc... I am working right now on remaking Dragon Valley with both my creations and lots and sims that are made for me. If I have a double of anything that is no big deal just means that the sims that reside in my town have more than one place to chose from to go. So no worries if there are more than one place to go.
    I am also working on a remake of Island Paradise while working on Dragon Valley and do not mind house boats and families for that world either.
    I am big into bright colors and I do like gothic items but normally bring out the colors in them. I do not mind if it is darker side either. Just have fun with it and if you love it when you are through I have no doubt I will love it to :)
    I do enjoy Mystical and Magical items...

If you need more info please ask one of the people hosting this event and they are more than welcome to get hold of me and ask the questions.

edited April 2014
    Hi and so nice to meet you Ladydarkmoon! :D So happy you decided to join us! If you have any questions or need help just give Addy or I a shout out.
    edited April 2014
    What is this doing on page three? :shock: Bad thread! *bumpity bump* :)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend :) May it be safe, happy, and filled with smiles
    edited April 2014
    morning-142.gif
  • BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited May 2014
    Since I keep telling people to get in gear and put their letters up, I thought I should do the same. :wink: :P

Username: Brighty

Everything except 70's, 80's, and 90's Stuff and Movie Stuff. And I'm pretty sure everything from Pets on was Limited Edition, so feel free to use those bonuses! Except for the outfits from the Origin pre-order of Island Paradise, because I didn't care for those and got my game elsewhere.

I'm going to list what I DO NOT have because it will be easier for me, and for you. I have a few pieces from some of the sets listed, but not very many (the most is probably 50%), so it's just better to avoid them.

Venues:

Grim's Ghastly Manor
    Olympian Physique
    Prism Art Studio
    The Now & Then Century Manor

Sets:

Dreams of India
    Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles
    Frontier Finds
    Futureshock Loft Collection
    Mother Russia
    Seeing Stars

Premium Content:

Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station
    Door of Life And Death
    The Hypnotizer
    Tree of Prosperity

Individual Items:

2Mahawk's list is very helpful for figuring out if you're missing any.

Baker Boy
    Baker Man
    Ballyhoo! Teens
    Bandana
    Banded Collar Jacket
    Baseball Jacket
    Bloomer Blouse
    Braids and Pigtails
    Bucket Hat for Boys
    Bucket Hat with Long Hair
    Bucket Hat with Medium Length Hair
    Bucket Hat with Tucked in Hair
    Choppy Haircut for Boys
    Choppy Haircut for Men
    Colonial Fashion Dress
    Dimensional Dress Teen
    Dramatic Ponytail
    Dress with Gloves
    Flat Cap with Long Hair
    Flat Cap with Medium Length Hair
    Flat Cap with Tucked in Hair
    Futuristic Dress
    Hem Pants with Zippers
    High Ponytail
    Hippin' Outfit
    Hooded Vest
    Large Belted Kilt
    Long Dress with Slit
    Long Feathered
    Long Halter Dress
    Long Wavy Hair
    Low Cut Halter Dress
    Mandarin Jacket
    Maxi Dress
    Men's Genie Pants
    Men's Cargo Pants
    Modern Skirt with Swirls
    Over-sized Shirt
    Pencil Skirt
    Ponytail and Ribbon
    Princess Tiara
    Resort Pants
    Short and Choppy
    Short and Choppy for girls
    Short Sleeves and Tie
    Spiky and Suave
    Summer Shell Vintage
    Suspending Suspenders
    The Beautiful Split
    The Cleaner
    The Everyday
    The Polite Boy
    The Shaggy Look
    The Straw Boater Hat with a Choppy Hairstyle
    The Straw Boater Hat with a Choppy Hairstyle for Boys
    The Straw Boater Hat with a Shaggy Hairstyle
    The Straw Boater Hat with a Shaggy Hairstyle for Boys
    The Tiny Spike
    Vamp Skirt
    Vest Jacket with T-Shirt
    Women's Dress Pants
    Women's Leather Pants

I have the following Worlds:

Riverview
    Hidden Springs
    Barnacle Bay
    Lucky Palms (Gold)
    Sunlit Tides (Gold)
    Monte Vista (Does the Market make it Gold? I have the Market!)
    Aurora Skies (Gold)
    Dragon Valley (Gold)
    Midnight Hollow (Gold)
    Roaring Heights (Gold)

Some of my favorite Colors are:

Purple! But really, I like most colours as long as they're used well.

I really don't like this Color:

There are no colours that I really don't like, but there are certain shades I prefer to avoid. I'm not a fan of super bright eye-straining colours, nor am I a fan of muddy colours that fall somewhere between two others and don't really have a category of their own.

I love to use this set:

My taste is very eclectic, so there's nothing that I really use more than anything else. There's stuff I have that I've never even used yet, so maybe that's my favourite and I just don't know it!

I play mostly in this world:

Hidden Springs is still my favourite place after all of these years, but I do like to tour the other worlds from time to time, and would really like to utilize them more.

I enjoy this style of build the most:

I like everything from cottages to castles! Build whatever makes you happy, and I'm sure it will make me happy too!

I really don't want this in my game:

Patterns and CC. That's about it.

I would like lots of the following sizes:

Lots of all shapes and sizes are appreciated! Though it does get tough to find room for bigger things, so perhaps under 40 x 40 would be best. I really don't build, I find it a frustratingly long process, so I would adore anything you take the time to make for me!

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.

I tend to make boring old normal Sims all of the time, and I haven't even played a werewolf yet! Berry Sims, Occult Sims, etc. are all welcome in my game. :)

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household

I love playing with pets! But unless there's a lot of space for a horse to run around in, I would avoid that particular creature.

Other:

Just have fun buddy, and thanks for taking the time to read this! :mrgreen: I'm sure I'll love anything you make for me, and I want you to love it too! If you're not liking what you're creating for me, then scrap it and start anew! I hope we'll be good friends by the end of this, and hey, we might be already. ;)
    edited April 2014
    Yay Brighty! :D
    edited April 2014
    Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Good morning all :D

Just giving this amazing thread the bump it deserves 8)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2014
    The BEST way to say thank you to someone is to take time from what one believes to be a busy/hectic schedule and make time for what's important to one's friends.

I see all the great gifs I've been missing. I see all the information about what people like that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't stopped in.

I wish to say thank you to my very, very special friend Tanu and apologize for not making time to stop in earlier. (Give me a long deadline, and I'll probably make use of every bit of it.)

I shall get a letter in soon and send an email soon too. I cross-my-heart promise!

This is an aMAYzing thread!
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen: Yay ciane! You my friend are very important and special to me also! No thanks is needed! But I am looking forward to your letter. And just for you the next time I do this I shall make your deadline sooner than everyone else's. :P

I love reading over everyone's letters whether I know them or not or whether they've joined us in the past. Every time I read someone's letter I learn something new and interesting about them and about how they like to play or what colors they like. It's a great and special part of doing these. I get a glimpse at someone I wouldn't have otherwise had. Because of these exchanges I now have some very special and very close friends. I hope that people can connect through this exchange and some more bonds can be made.

So I say Thank You to all who have written a letter for sharing a little part of yourself with everyone here. :D
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    :mrgreen: Yay ciane! You my friend are very important and special to me also! No thanks is needed! But I am looking forward to your letter. And just for you the next time I do this I shall make your deadline sooner than everyone else's. :P
    :D

I :lol: 'd! You do that! Next time though.
    Here's my promised letter:

Username: ciane
    Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All BUT Katie Perry Stuff Pack

I have the following Store Content: If it's build stuff, I probably have it. If it's in one of the compilations, I probably have it. I do NOT have everything in the store; but use it any way, if you like. No worries. (Thanks to DDs, CYSs, and friends, I now have all the compilations listed on the compilations page and all the venues except the Gothique Library, I think. So that gives you lots to play with. :D)

I have the following Worlds: I have all the worlds! Lucky me! :mrgreen:

Some of my favorite Colors are: I love blues and greens, but I also love the warm colors. I tend to like the softer hues, those closer to the center of the color wheel. But, use what feels right to you.

I really don't like this Color: Seriously, there are some shades of colors I do not appreciate as much as others; but in the right combination and used sparingly, I love them all. (I think.)

I love to use this set: Hm, I love the Bauhaus windows. I love the Grandpa's grove rugs. I love all the fruits and flowers. I am eclectic and love to pull pieces from lots of different sets, but I guess I like the fun pieces that appeal with an artistic flair - a fun curve or an interesting angle.

I play mostly in this world: I do not stay in just one world. I hop around. I love Hidden Springs and I love Sunlit Tides and I love to play Sunset Valley and Riverview.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I like a modern build with interesting architecture, something not quite symmetrical, something just a bit different from the norm. But, I also like typical small neighborhood homes too.

I really don't want this in my game: I want whatever you want to make in my game. :D

I would like lots of the following sizes: Smaller is better for me. I like to see everything at once. (I control my Sims - maybe I need to give them for freedom.) so 30x40 is a large lot for me.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc.: I tend to play Sims that could be the guy or gal next door. Occult Sims are fine and probably a bit more interesting than my average game play.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: I love all animals, but I prefer just one in my families. (I have a control issue with pets too.)

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) I would really, really like you to make what makes you happy and share that with me! That will make me happy. And if you take pics and create a little story, I will be super happy! :D Thank you.

Updated what I have on April 15th.
    edited April 2014
    morning-190.gif
  • SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh my, Oh my! I was just saying we needed another one of these! I am so excited! Thanks to our wonderful host for putting on another amazing gift exchange. Last time I made my first build/houseboat what will this one have me doing .... wooo, I wonder!

Going to get letter ready!

*dances off singing* "yeah for another gift exchange ... gift exchange"
  • SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, I cheated and copied this info but it is all pretty much the same. I have went through and made changes as needed so please let me know if anything looks out of place or off.

~Sky

Letter To My Buddy

Hey Buddy!

Looks Like You Are Stuck With Me!

Hopefully you will find something in the scribbles below that will help you when trying to come up with what to make for me. I tried to fill out everything like I was suppose to but its going on three am and I am still awake writing to you, so forgive me if it sounds like gibberish or the ramblings of a five you old my brain turns to mush after one in the morning like Cinderella carriage turns into a pumpkin! I live in real life so when I play the Sims I often create worlds/games like my favorite Paranormal Romance books/favorite TV shows like Charmed/The Vampire Diaries/Supernatural. So I stay away from "modern" real life things.

Just remember I love fantasy and I love a story! So when in doubt tell me a story! Be it about the build, a Sim, a pattern, or just about some screenshot/a story you put together! Being a diehard bookworm you can never go wrong with a good story!

Anyway, Please try to have fun and do not stress I am easy going and am sure I will enjoy anything you take the time to make me. Happy Holiday!

*epic hugs and may pole dances*
    ~Skymyst

Form

Username: Skymyst

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All of them - Even though they do not all show on the site/because some were bought used and code were already registered I do indeed own them all!

I have the following Store Content: I own most of the entire store - so rather than me typing a list use whatever you want and if by some change I don't own it I will get it.

I have the following Worlds: All of them. Dragon Valley is not showing for some reason because it was gifted to me, CS says its a known bug, but again I own them all. Yes, I am spoiled! I also just got the new Roaring Hights world & The Boardwalk Venue - still trying to install it so can not say how well I do or do not like it.

Some of my favorite Colors are: All Shades of Purples, Blues, Pinks, Red, Green. I just love colors! lol. I would have to say Purples and Blues are my favorites though!

I really don't like this Color: I do not dislike any color. Though I do find ALL white to be a tad dull.

I love to use this set: Storybook

I play mostly in this world: Dragon Valley but I have recently been exploring Midnight Hollow - I love Supernatural Stuff. So those themed worlds are my favorite.

I enjoy this style of build the most: Storybook, Victorian, Old World, Celtic.

I really don't want this in my game: I don't care for Modern - I live in the Modern World therefore I play in Fantasy.

I would like lots of the following sizes: I love lots of all shapes and sizes so no way I can pick - from fun 10x10 to huge 64x64 builds and all the in-betweens! So go with whatever your imagination sparks!

- I ENJOY all things Supernatural/fantasy so would love things themed around this.

I WOULD enjoy pets in the household - I love fur balls of all shapes and sizes and consider myself and my Sims animal lovers!

I love occult sims, and berry Sims, I always am in need of good males in my game. I like my men hunky, again I play in fantasy so I often want my men like what you might find in a Paranormal Romance novel - sadly I am not good at making them, so if you can that would be great! I love Sims to be more than just a blank Sim - I like to create stories with my Sims so I like to have a back story/bio to play off of so a little story or bio to go with a Sim made for me is a wonderful gift!

I love patterns and can never seem to have enough so you can try you hand at making me some.

I believe I gave some details above regarding builds but since I can not build I love get builds as a gift, however since I am not a build I also understand if you can not do this which is why I am trying to give other options as well ;)

As far as a build if you are a build I leave it up to you, but I like to have lot of skill stuff in my build, gardens and magic of course.

Extra Questions.[/size]

1. Do you like your Sims and or pets skilled up for you? If so how much?

Yes, yes! When playing my Sims I always start off by skilling up some of the basics, like at least a few points in cooking - so they do not burn the toast and it nice if they can make more than a mean bowl of cereal. ;)

a. Do you just like a few basic skills like cooking part way up, handy & so on?
    b. Are there only certain skills you like skilled because you really like having them up before you start with a new household, such as alchemy?
    c. Would you like most skills at least part way or even almost all the way done?

I love to garden and paint most all of my Sims are max in at least one if not both of those skills. If they are magical I like to do magic and alchemy all the way up as well. If they are singers well its nice if they can carry a turn, and so on.

However, please note that none of this is required. I know not everyone has the time or the desire to skill up a Sim and such. You are suppose to have fun making the gift, so please make that your top priority!