Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Gallery?

LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
edited January 2022 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hi all :)

When i go to community lots in the 'edit in game mode' there is no art gallery? it is not there when i go to community objects in build/buy mode either. How do i get the art gallery, am i missing something. all the other lots are there.

ps. the only ep i have currently installed it pets.

oh and an additional question if you can answer. you know the school bell in the metadata panel? how do you place that on a lot? ihave a school already built but i cannot add the school bell to the lot, and the bell isnt in build buy mode either?

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello LeahRainbowDrops,
    Are you trying to create an Art Gallery? You have to build an art gallery and any library.

Click on a community lot and then select change community type and select from the drop down list. The Art Gallery came with the Sims3 base game, so it should be there to select.

I think the school bell can be found in the Build Mode/Community Lot then objects but I have a suspicion that it can also be found in Buy Mode Decoration, Miscellaneous Items.

It may also be found in the buydebug mode (control, shift and C (cheat box) and type buydebug) in the miscellaneous section.

Hope this helps?
  • KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited April 2014
    the Art Gallery lot is, a user built lot, you must Build the lot yourself like you would a house. Its not pre built or a rabbit hole. It is just like the gym and library. and the pool, you must build those lots using the buy/build items just as you would when building houses.

As for the school bell/bell item. It is most likely found in the buydebug part of the buymode catalog.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • TigerLilyRomeoTigerLilyRomeo Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Ahh its what i feared, being creating this world for so long, no i have another lot to build. ugh i wish there was a pre made one :( thanks anyway guys, ill be sure to look into the school bell thing :)
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi all :)

When i go to community lots in the 'edit in game mode' there is no art gallery? it is not there when i go to community objects in build/buy mode either. How do i get the art gallery, am i missing something. all the other lots are there.

ps. the only ep i have currently installed it pets.

oh and an additional question if you can answer. you know the school bell in the metadata panel? how do you place that on a lot? ihave a school already built but i cannot add the school bell to the lot, and the bell isnt in build buy mode either?

The bell is in Buy Mode under either Sculptures or Misc Decor. Try using the filter to show just base game items.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi LeahRainbowDrops and TigerLilyRomeo!

If you don´t want to build am Art Gallery or a gym or a libraty of your own you can save to your bin one from the EA worlds and place it in your world, or you can download one from the Exchange and ask the creator permission to use it, most creators will allowe you to use their work giving them the deserved credit.

On my side you can go to my studio and take anything you need!! I have had so much help from my fellow simmers in my worlds that I know how much does it mean when you are so tired of building 100 or 150 lots for a world!

roof_up_original.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-316_zpsf44c444a.jpg"width=700"

roof_up_original.jpg"width=700"

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just remembered that the stuff pack Town Life came with community venues such as a school, gym, library, park. laundrette and restaurant, if you wanted to invest?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top