Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want to turn mermaid back to human. Please help!!!

Forgive me if this has been asked before but every time I attempt a search, the site keeps telling me it's down for maintenance so here I am. When I had my guy Sim marry his wife, I had no idea she was a mermaid nor did I realize in the beginning just how cumbersome dealing with a mermaid could be. Is there any way at all to change them back to human permanently? I've tried testingcheats but to no avail. I even looked through lifetime rewards on the off chance that maybe there was something there to reverse it. I'm desperate! Mermaids are really annoying and I don't like playing with them. To make matters worse, my toddlers are mermaids, too. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited April 2014
    From Carl's Sims 3 Guide for mermaids
    Changing Back to Normal
    If you no longer wish to be a Mermaid, simply avoid swimming for about four days. A couple days in, a moodlet will appear telling you that the Sim is 'Adaping to Land'. When this expires, the Sim will revert back to a normal Sim. Potent Cure Elixir will also work to return a Sim to normal. When your Sim loses his or her Mermaid abilities, they will still keep the level 10 Scuba Diving skill experience they earned during the transformation.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • kms29kms29 Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wonderful! Thank you so very much! I appreciate the help and I will implement those tactics immediately!
  • iloveanimaljamiloveanimaljam Posts: 6 New Member
    My sim had a baby with a female mermaid, and now the baby is a mermaid as well. He is a child now and I can't get the "adapting to land" moodlet no matter how long he is away from the ocean. I would try the potent cure elixir, but Supernatural happens to be the one expansion that I don't have :( is there anything else that can be done to make my sim normal?
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    My sim had a baby with a female mermaid, and now the baby is a mermaid as well. He is a child now and I can't get the "adapting to land" moodlet no matter how long he is away from the ocean. I would try the potent cure elixir, but Supernatural happens to be the one expansion that I don't have :( is there anything else that can be done to make my sim normal?

If I remember correctly they first have to have developed a tail to get the Adapting To Land moodlet which won't happen until they are a teen.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If not averse to using mods, you could use NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required) to remove the unwanted occult (life state) from the sim.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2014, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top