Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(FIXED) Why can't New Zealand, Australia and Sweden buy simpoints (FIXED)

Comments

• gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited March 2014
    noddy wrote:
    I was just wondering if anyone has a clue when the sim point buying for Australia will be fix and if ever.
    Several of us have contacted 'live chat' and they keep telling us "they are working on it", but it has been over 2 weeks now.

Maybe you can contact live chat as well - keep the pressure up! Otherwise we just all have to wait.

Sweden is having the same trouble and I have read some Americans and Canadians are having the same problems. You would think they could have fixed this 'money making' problem much sooner. :thumbdown:
  • KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2014
    I just saw my first ad too for NZ on the daily deal page, :-) and it was for Lynx. Wow! i got 5sp...oh well atleast it might be working now, hopefully we will see some more? I wish they would hurry up with the simpoint issue, my patients are wearing thin...they are putting me off buying any thing at all at this rate. :cry:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi there, could a Guru please just give us another update please, so we don't feel forgotten, even if you give us the same news that you are working on it, will release it soon and that the daily deals and sales will be made available for us once its fixed, Just something would be nice :wink:
  • SimGuruFooLizSimGuruFooLiz Posts: 5 SimGuru
    edited March 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Hi there, could a Guru please just give us another update please, so we don't feel forgotten, even if you give us the same news that you are working on it, will release it soon and that the daily deals and sales will be made available for us once its fixed, Just something would be nice :wink:

You definitely have not been forgotten! :)

The team are working on it and as soon as we have more news either myself or SimGuruHydra will update you

I'm a little confused though, it seems there are two conversations going on, one about the ads and one about the SimPoints, which one do you think Sweden is experiencing? The team may already be aware of it but I'd prefer to clarify first :)
    edited March 2014
    You definitely have not been forgotten! :)

The team are working on it and as soon as we have more news either myself or SimGuruHydra will update you

I'm a little confused though, it seems there are two conversations going on, one about the ads and one about the SimPoints, which one do you think Sweden is experiencing? The team may already be aware of it but I'd prefer to clarify first :)

Sorry we all got a little side tracked and started talking about the free simpoint videos. Sweden is having the same problem as Aussie and New Zealand where they get the be right back when trying to buy simpoints. Thanks so much for the update, I will let the others know by changing the title :wink:
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2014
    @SimGuruFooliz

Sweden has the same issue with buying points, yes. Russkii has confirmed to me on twitter that they are aware of that too.

Not getting the ads or only sporadically is something we see worldwide, I'd say.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2014
    FooLiz, it is a mixed bag of complaints here :(

no ads for Aussies and still can't buy Simpoints :( how about the bakery next week be a freebie hehehe
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited March 2014
    jacqpinks wrote:

no ads for Aussies and still can't buy Simpoints :( how about the bakery next week be a freebie hehehe

I like your suggestion about the freebie bakery LOL :mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    Lol, yes a free Bakery would be great, they should do something for the people who have missed out on all the really good specials.

I want the new Bakery set badly & I would like to buy it on the special price not the full price.

Hurry up with the fix please :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited March 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    Lol, yes a free Bakery would be great, they should do something for the people who have missed out on all the really good specials.

I want the new Bakery set badly & I would like to buy it on the special price not the full price.

If we can't buy Sim Points before the new bakery goes off the introductory special price, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale. I suspect that will be quite a few months away. I don't have enough points to buy it now, but I have now see a few ads. I think I've got a total of 40 points from the ads. I watched some ads yesterday and didn't get credit for them, but this morning I saw a few at around 4 am and got credit for them.
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    gypsy54 wrote:

If we can't buy Sim Points before the new bakery goes off the introductory special price, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale. I suspect that will be quite a few months away. I don't have enough points to buy it now, but I have now see a few ads. I think I've got a total of 40 points from the ads. I watched some ads yesterday and didn't get credit for them, but this morning I saw a few at around 4 am and got credit for them.
    Same here I have 73 points. Here's hoping they fix it.
    edited March 2014
    jacqpinks wrote:

Now that would be a nice Easter Present. :mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:

We have been told that when the issue has been fixed they will replay all the specials :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello Mel :) Thank you for maintaining this thread. I appreciate you keeping us updated and informed :) *hugs* ♥
    rnKEhBT.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited March 2014
    I just got some free points. I'm logged into Australia.
    edited March 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I just got some free points. I'm logged into Australia.

I have been getting them randomly every few days and I am now logged in as an aussie as well :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2014
    Here's a free bump :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Free bump from America. I can't believe you all are still hung out to dry for sim points. Hey! EA! There are 3 Countrys with MONEY They Want to Give to You! Talk about March maddness.
    edited March 2014
    Hello Mel :) Thank you for maintaining this thread. I appreciate you keeping us updated and informed :) *hugs* ♥

Aww its everyone helping to maintain this thread. Thanks for the free bump crinrict and orangegrinder :mrgreen: I do hope they fix it soon, I am noticing so much more frustration than patience in simmers, and I can't exactly say I don't know how they feel, getting a bit frustrated myself, thankfully our payday is still two weeks off so I can keep calm for a bit longer LOL
  • SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited March 2014
    *Waves Hi* to all fellow NZ/AUST and Swedish Simmers :)

Its a right ole pickle we are in isn't it!

I keep trying several times a day to purchase simpoints other than by Origin. I am hoping to have enough simpoints left, by not purchasing March Madness items, for the new set this Friday.

In saying that it will depend on the price set and also how many ads I can snag, lol.

It is nice to be able to have had a couple of opportunities now to get simpoints via the ad watching. A total of 15pts but it all adds up :lol:

It may just mean the difference in being able to purchase the new release set on Friday or not. Well thats how I am keeping positive about things. I do feel very upset for dear friends/simmers who just won't be able to achieve this for Friday.

Heres hoping it won't be much longer :D
    edited March 2014
    I've just tried again to buy points and still cannot :(
    Please fix all the Countries that need it. :D
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2014
    Day 19 since I first tried to buy Simpoints and I still can't. EA must really want our money, huh? Getting a bit over this...

On a side note, have never ever seen a free Simpoint ad... :(
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
    edited March 2014
    I know I am getting extremely frustrated :evil: . EA is a money making machine, I would have thought this particular problem would have gotten priority, seeing they are missing a lot of money between the 3 countries affected.

PLEASE an update on any progress would be greatly appreciated.

As for the free simpoints ads, I have seen exactly one at 3am in the morning. I check the pages they are meant to appear on very regularly during the day and refresh them all. Not another ad has appeared for me as yet.

Thank you crinrict and organgrinder20p for the bumps, we need all the help we can get with this problem.
  • JaquaineJaquaine Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2014
    Could we at least get a partial fix for the issue, by adjusting the price on origin to match the usual price here? Why is it more expensive on Origin anyway? It's not a tax issue, NZers get charged GST on both sites, as far as I can tell.
  • KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jaquaine wrote:
    Could we at least get a partial fix for the issue, by adjusting the price on origin to match the usual price here? Why is it more expensive on Origin anyway? It's not a tax issue, NZers get charged GST on both sites, as far as I can tell.

I Second that!!!