Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A sincere Thank You to EA and Teams!

I have been away for awhile to come back and find a OFB type collection included with Midnight Hollow. I just wanted to say thanks, I have been very vocal about OFB and expressing my desire to own a candle shop like the one I had in TS2 and walla, the 2nd screenshot showing the candles on the counter I must say, shocked me. :)

I am not sure if you can create a home business like it was before since I just purchased it and have not tried it and although I feel like I waited over 4 years for this, you listened. My sims life is complete, until TS4 of course. So please, a special request..create OFB early with this one.

Thank you EA and Co. Amazing job and love TS3 overall! A great game that I think you did with justice. A sincere and deep thank you!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree and if you don't know we have a bakery coming out next week. It may have some OFB stuff.
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2014
    Unless they fix buying Points for Australia I will not be able to purchase it . Here's hoping .
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2014
    Unless they fix buying Points for Australia I will not be able to purchase it . Here's hoping .
    Sorry about the double post not sure what happened
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jhove wrote:
    ...I just purchased it and have not tried it...

And there are the key words.
  • Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jhove wrote:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    The simpoint issue is the same for us in the US.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jhove wrote:
    I have been away for awhile to come back and find a OFB type collection included with Midnight Hollow. I just wanted to say thanks, I have been very vocal about OFB and expressing my desire to own a candle shop like the one I had in TS2 and walla, the 2nd screenshot showing the candles on the counter I must say, shocked me. :)

I am not sure if you can create a home business like it was before since I just purchased it and have not tried it and although I feel like I waited over 4 years for this, you listened. My sims life is complete, until TS4 of course. So please, a special request..create OFB early with this one.

Thank you EA and Co. Amazing job and love TS3 overall! A great game that I think you did with justice. A sincere and deep thank you!!!

:D:D:D

I felt the same when we got it! I was just SO happy to be able to make shops again! And I'll admit... I went a teeny bit crazy with it and I've got so many different types of stores! Multiple flower shops! :lol:

It doesn't work quite the same way that TS2 OFB did (hence the eyerolling type comments above), which is understandable since there is only so much we can expect from store premium content (yes... I'm going to say those dread words again... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN EXPANSION PACK!). I'd highly recommend the savvy seller mod by Ani at Mod the Sims because it allows us to sell many more objects, collectables and craftables (you need to have the store version installed for it to work correctly).

Running a business on a home lot doesn't work in the same way as TS2 either, because we can't set a home lot to attract visitors like a community lot in the way we could for TS2 (I wish there was some way to do this). But you can, for example, throw a party to get people round and I think people will buy stuff then. (I think there is a mod that attracts sims to a home lot but I haven't tried it yet). It works best if you buy a community lot. This is another good thing about Ani's modded version, for each rug/shelf/etc you set up, you can assign it to a certain register or sim. So you can have multiple businesses on a single lot and the sim doesn't have to own the lot to get the money. One way I use this feature is that I plopped down several rugs in the park and my sims 'hire' them to sell random things like collected gems:

Screenshot-120.jpg

(You can also see one of my big rows of shops in background of that pic)

You could use it to set up a market, jumble sale or a car boot sale. Or, I also use the rugs in my art galleries so my sims can sell their artwork! :D

You can use it in many ways without the mod. For example I hardly ever use buy mode in-game anymore! If my sims need something like a new camera, computer or guitar, I send them off to the local electronic/music shop to buy it! The best thing about this is that the shops automatically have random sales! So if my sim needs a laptop but doesn't have much money they can wait for a good sale and get it much cheaper without me feeling like I'm cheating! The whole set-up is much more life-like and realistic!

The combination of the new OFB type store content like savvy sellers and the mods available (many by Ani at MTS, also Consigner by Twallan and Ultimate Careers by Zerbu) have improved my satisfaction with the game so much! I was incredibly frustrated with TS3 before these things came along. I was highly disappointed we didn't get OFB as an expansion, and felt the series had started off on the wrong foot. I'm so so so so soooooooo grateful for the store team for bringing back the missing features we loved so much! I'm finally happy with my game! :D

Just adding a bit of picture spam. Half to give you random ideas, and half because I'm avoiding doing the housework! XD

Screenshot-6-11.jpg

Screenshot-64-2.jpg

Screenshot-65-1.jpg

Screenshot-47-1.jpg

Screenshot-18-9.jpg

Screenshot-157.jpg

Screenshot-35-3.jpg

Screenshot-97.jpg

Screenshot-3-17.jpg

Screenshot-20-7.jpg

Screenshot-6-8.jpg

Screenshot-10-9.jpg

Screenshot-7-7.jpg

I've got more shops than this but these are the ones I could find pictures of. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2014
    Cinderellimouse, I love the 'containers' you have in the last photos. What a neat idea!

I can just imagine a sim telling his buddy "Hey, you need a new computer? I know a guy."

:D
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    Cinderellimouse, I love the 'containers' you have in the last photos. What a neat idea!

I can just imagine a sim telling his buddy "Hey, you need a new computer? I know a guy."

:D

Hee hee! Yep, that's exactly why they're there! :lol: The guy in the photo is my criminal sim.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited March 2014
    The simpoint issue is the same for us in the US.

No. Australia and New Zealand have been unable to buy points for weeks. We have not been having remotely that problem because I was able to buy some points a few days ago.
    Jhove wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: