Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

Comments

• NyotakaaNyotakaa Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2014
    [img][/img]I ONLY HAVE THE SIMS 3 INSTALLED. NOW, I HAVE INSTALLED INTO THE FUTURE. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS, BUT STILL HAVING UPDATE ISSUES.

THE GAME LAUNCHER KEEP SAYING : CAN NOT START THE LAUNCHER WHEN A GAME IS BEING INSTALLED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN AFTER THE INSTALL IS COMPLETE.
  • BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2014
    1. Are you using mods? No.
    2. Are you using custom content? No.
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? I have every expansion except ITF.
    4. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.66.2.024002
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Existing one.
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing.
    7. What town are you currently playing, EA or Custom? Custom home-made world.
    8. What is your Operating System? Win7x64.
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD.
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? Home-World.

This is a lot of bugs, sorry. :c

Since the last patch, my sim who has the Meditative Trance lifetime reward and uses a hover-bed always wakes up a couple of seconds before they would recieve the "Well Rested" moodlet.

When i move an item in my sim's inventory, it is placed before the previous item, rather than in the gap i selected.

My sim's Electronic Safeguard Gate causes zombies and sometimes other visitors outside the gate to complain about pathfinding constantly.
    Also, the callbox that comes attached to the gate doesn't do anything, so i have to use a seperate one.

When my sim wins a fight with a burgular after triggering the alarm, the burgular complains about pathfinding a few times, and disappears with the message "I need to go home now. Goodbye!" as if they were a trapped visitor. This might be because of my house's Electronic Safeguard Gate from the Night Life expansion.

There are a few cars and a bike stuck in the middle of various roads of my home-made town. They have no drivers. They are not part of the base neighbourhood.

After winter, when all my plants recovered from hibernation, only some of the money trees and the banana trees grew any further - after four weeks the other plants have neither grown nor bore any fruit. The plants were various mushrooms, various herbs, cheese and garlic.

Using University Life's science machine, it is possible to do the radiation experiment on a plasma bug, and you will sometimes be told your plasma bug turned into a plasma bug.
    Similarly, some seeds can be turned back into their current form with the gene-splicing experiment.

Recently, i have not been given notifications that my sim has completed various skill challenges, although they do show up as completed in the skill journal.

I want to put four greeting card photos onto my Fireplace 2.0's mantle. There are enough spots, but if i rotate the photos at all, they won't place onto it, instead choosing to face an inappropriate angle.

During a full moon, zombies will appear on the lot i'm on, but they appear standing up for a few seconds before they begin their 'climbing out of the ground' animation.

According to the Collection Journal, my sim has found all the firefly types, and the stats say "100% found", however my sim has not been awarded the Firefly Collector challenge. This may be because some of them were found by hunting as a werewolf.

When i click on an unknown sim to bring up the thing menu, it counts as my sim meeting them. My sim's completed all the charisma challenges and gotten all friend-related lifetime rewards, so they immediately become friends without ever actually intereacting with each other.

When my sim changes life states (eg to plantsim and back), they have to stand still for about a minute until the change actually happens.

My sim can sometimes call aliens from the Immortal Callbox outside their house.

Visiting sims will sometimes take an inflato aqualounge they find and relax on it in the pool - they never give it back.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PapierkriegPapierkrieg Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    1. Are you using mods? I tried with and without.
    2. Are you using custom content? only from the sims store
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? I have every expansion except The Katy Perry discontinued sweet treats and showtime limited edition
    4. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.66.2.024017
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? tried both
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? tried both
    7. What town are you currently playing, EA or Custom? Custom home-made world.
    8. What is your Operating System? Windows Vista 32-bit.
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Some of the Expansions are DVD( Fast Lane and Seasons), the rest are download.
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? occasionally home world, and any form of travel to anywhere where I have pick a temporary home or new home if moving to a new city.

I'm having mainly two different problems. Mostly it seems to be since the latest patch. in Create-A-Sim editor crashes whenever I try to customize my outfit or make a brand new sim. But only when I try to change clothes, hair, body, everything else works fine, just clothes is giving me the issue, I didn't have this problem as bad back in patch 163. I mean it would still happen, but now it always happens.

Now the Travel issue I'm having is when my sim lands into the future, I go to the future, but my sim disappears, I travel to a World adventure town, same issue. However, when I try to move into The University/New Town/New House, it will let me pick out a lot, but once I hit the check mark, nothing happens, and it shows the lots being select-able and it will let select them even after I've picked my home lot., and then doesn't go anywhere, just sort of stuck. Like a game freeze without it freezing, but it won't move forward. I can't even exit to the main menu, I have to Ctrl+alt+Delete to get out.
  • BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2014
    Reposting this here. Same stats as my last post 2 posts ago, except with the newest patch (1.67)
    Whenever my sim tries to sleep, willingly or forcefully, the action is cancelled immediately. They can relax, nap and make the bed, though. It's not the individual bed; i tried multiple. It's all beds. I loaded a new game and tried a new sim; they were fine. It's a bug with my old sim since the latest patch. (1.67)

I have no mods, and have never used them. My sim has no custom content on them. I have every expansion except ITF.
    I've been playing with this sim for a long time, so i'm not sure what the problem is.
    They have all (non-repeatable) lifetime rewards.
    They have reached level 10 in most skills and many jobs.
    They are at uni studying for their second degree. (Technology)
    They became a fairy a long time ago, then a werewolf, then a plantsim, and now they've become a witch just before they left for uni again.
    They are a level 10 Nerd.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know any fixes?
  • loderstloderst Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem, when I land in Oasis, my sim dissappears.. Any solutions?
  • heathervgraceheathervgrace Posts: 155 Member
    edited February 2014
    If any of my sims travel to the future, when they return to the present, all household members are no longer able to travel to work. No matter how I choose to send them to work, the action is cancelled and they are teleported one or two steps away from where they were stood before.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited February 2014
    My sim an't travel to the future at all the portal don't open.:( He gets stuck, tried resetting him, switching households, deleting and replacing portal, restarting game.Nada.

Mods:

Townies out on the Town
    Story Progression
    Relativity
    Overwatch
    Rake Leaves Faster
    Autonomous romance
    Dresser
    Master Controller.

Their all updated.
  • MrWhitmanMrWhitman Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014
    After I started learning the Laser Rhythm-a-con all the opportunities I receive are always related to it. The one where you are to play at an awards ceremony is the most commonly reoccurring one. This happens both in the future and present.
  • jaana-amandajaana-amanda Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Some lighting effects don't work in my game like the glowing of the time portal and holograms. Can anybody help me?
  • HechiceraSimHechiceraSim Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2014
    A couple of answers:

Plumbots without RoboNanny can not interact to help babies toddlers, even with Sentience chip. True, and from looking in the XML tuning this is design.

So its not a bug, its a feature. This is true for most interactions with babies/toddlers *and* pets, you must have the RoboNanny chip, even if Sentient. You should be able to make XML tuning mods to change that. I found it when looking for why my plumbots kept trying to pet my horses to death at night in the stalls instead of letting them sleep (I ended up having to XML out the autonomy on that).

Rodent infestation after leaf piles.

I have had this too. It can be fixed but you need to use cheats. What has happened is the one leafpile critter spawner is respawning rapidly in the same spot. So there are really 2-6 spawners geomtrically inside eachother! Yes, it can be a lot of rodents.
    - edit the lot
    - bring up cheat console
    - testingcheatsenabled true
    - buydebug on
    - go to "Buy Items" panel so buydebug items will show
    (this is to make the existing ones visible on the lot)
    - you will see the rodent spawner as a white box
    - delete it
    - oh look, another, delete it .. until no more white boxes
    - either type buydebug off .. then testingcheatsenabled false, or restart

No more extra rodents. This won't remove those already spawned though, those you have to catch yourself. I find it easier than cntrl-right clicking them all in cheat mode and selecting object->delete. But that is an option. However, if you don't delete the stack of spawners there will just be another dozen of them tomorrow.

Anytime you see more than two rodents, I check for stacked spawners. I see this with some fish spawners too when editing lots.

So really there is a separate bug, where spawners on some lots (residential and community) are being duplicated in place. I have not figured out why. It's just more obvious when it is leaf pile rodents instead of fish.
  • kitty_blobkitty_blob Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I have just travelled to the future on my sims for the first time and my person has not come out of the portal and it will not let my click anything ! i have no mods has anyone else has this problem?
    :evil:
  • SugaBear1971SugaBear1971 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't write in here often but when something goes wrong during play that i can not find a solution for i turn too you guys......anyway....lately since i installed The Sims 3 In to the Future and had my Sim get the job Bot Arena things been acting strange. Sometimes during play when my sim either goes to work or after they get a promotion when the go to work the next day it keeps saying "going to work" when they are already in the building and their work progress meter wont increase as usual. Why is that? is this some new bug? Please help. :!: :?: :(:cry:
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    edited February 2014
    This a tip for people who still have problems with falling leaves. I may have a fix, although it is not tested yet.

Supposedly the latest version of nrass tempest sets leaves to 100% decay at the start of spring and summer. This may remove those pesky leaves.

If not, PrinceRuben stated in another thread that you can use the nrass debuger (mixed with the nrass master controller) to get rid of leaves.

"to be rid of leaves proceed with the following

click nraas>Debug Enabler>Options:> DEBUG:Leaves> Remove Leave from Tile

and Watch the leaves vanish as soon as the clock is running"

you can get both of those mods here

http://nraas.wikispaces.com

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • kiwiblisskiwibliss Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I am having two previously reported bugs, but I figured I'd add to the pile. 1) After traveling the future and returning (seemingly more than once, but I haven't tested that fact completely yet) my primary sim will gradually lose the ability to interact with other sims. As reported before, this happens when the relationship bar gets to a certain point, which looks to be a bit over halfway to the friend mark. 2)My sim has been stuck in the "going to work" loop even when at work several times. I've only experienced this with the Bot Arena career so far, but that is all that I've tested at this point.

My mods:
    Awesomemod (update from 2/6/14)
    Twallan's MasterController, Overwatch and Error Trap (latest update for patch 1.67)
  • JenCelChiJenCelChi Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm having a problem with my plumbots inventory being empty when returning to the present and even when they go back to the future it's still empty, yet if they gift stuff to their creator they have something to actually give. I also noticed when they were in the present my chef/robonanny bot could make food but when she put it in the fridge and tried to take it out for her creator I'd see books from the bookshelf and when they would try to read books I'd see the food in the bookshelf instead...but when my sim accesses either they're fine. I'm just not sure what's wrong.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods. I only use Sims 3 Store stuff
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? Into the Future
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.67.2
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Appaloosa Plains
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Future-World to Present-World issues

Any help would be so appreciated!! Thanks
  • Tsukune37Tsukune37 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Every special effect never shows, plumbots, the portal when it first appears, the rythmacon or anything of the sort! nothing appears and its frustrating... I have a MacbookPro and it has 10 gb ram and before u say it i already deleted cache files and have no mods plus all my video settings at max.
  • XxLucyGirlxXXxLucyGirlxX Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    I have a problem (of course...)

My problem is that whenever I try to start Origin, it starts but it's invisible, I can't click it, and it won't Work! can you help me?

From,
    ~Lucy

(What I'm thinking when it happens: :?: "will it work? will it work? will it work?" *a long silence* "Nope, it won't work :( )
  • DovSDovS Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    I take it back. I don't know what's triggering this crash. It won't go away so I guess I'm starting over.

Imagine that there's a strike-through on the following text because I don't know how to do that here.
    Here's a crash bug I found.

1. Build a PlumBot in the present
    2. Have a human Sim and the PlumBot travel to the future together
    3. Go to the PlumBot Emporium and sell the PlumBot
    4. Have your human Sim travel back to the present
    5. Crash to the desktop a few seconds after jumping out of the portal

The workaround:

Always travel back to the present with the same number of Sims (including PlumBots) that you arrived with. If you already sold your PlumBot, build a new one in the future and bring it with you back to the present.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2014
    When first entering the future, I am trying to complete the quest/opportunity line and when attempting to do "Meet the Plumbots" I can not instruct any plumbots to "explain their function." I have tried multiple plumbots, and none of them have the option. Please help!
  • fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2014
    When first entering the future, I am trying to complete the quest/opportunity line and when attempting to do "Meet the Plumbots" I can not instruct any plumbots to "explain their function." I have tried multiple plumbots, and none of them have the option. Please help!

I was able to complete this opportunity by creating my own plumbot and then instructing it to "explain function."
  • nimbusblade14nimbusblade14 Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    I'm having issues where the needs for Maintenance and Battery Power on Plumbots are greyed out and have no effect against the bots at all. They never lose battery power or need a tune up.

I've uninstalled all Custom Content so I know that's not what's effecting it, and the patches are up to date
  • GrazzakGrazzak Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    I am having several graphical issues with the content of Into The Future and University Life:
    -no portal animation or graphics at all (if there is any but never seen it)
    -the images in the conversation bubbles constantly disappear or glitch out
    -no lights appearing on Laser rhythm-a-con when playing
    -no lights when Plumbots scanning sims or when taking DNA sample

System Info:
    Windows 7 x64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 5700 x2 w/ driver date 12/6/13
    No store premium content
  • GrazzakGrazzak Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    I am having several graphical issues with the content of Into The Future and University Life:
    -no portal animation or graphics at all (if there is any but never seen it)
    -the images in the conversation bubbles constantly disappear or glitch out
    -no lights appearing on Laser rhythm-a-con when playing
    -no lights when Plumbots scanning sims or when taking DNA sample

System Info:
    Windows 7 x64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 5700 x2 w/ driver date 12/6/13
    No store premium content
  • PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just posted on the thread about the Seasons disappearing...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/721515.page#11931802
    That's the only major glitch I've been having since the last two patches came out. The other minor ITF glitches have seemed to be fixed.
    I've been having this problem too and I didn't notice it right after the patch came out because I moved and had no time to play the game. For me the holidays disappear after the second week in a custom world that I really liked. I've never had issues with this world before and the holidays appear in the EA made towns. I don't know for how long because I only played up until week 2 in multiple towns to test it out. I reinstalled my game recently and I still have the same problem.

I think it's the patch and a combination of the world you're playing. Most definitely the patch.

I figured no one else had figured out how to fix this by any chance?
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• diablura28diablura28 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I have an issue with my game crashes to desktop everytime I host or attend a party no matter what world I'm in or if it's on home lots or community lots. As soon as guests arrive it will crash.
    Downloads from Origin - All games and expansions and worlds purchased
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.88 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.51 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 11.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 9.21 GB
    IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M OK
    IRQ 18 Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 1E14 OK
    IRQ 4294967291 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller OK
    IRQ 23 Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26 OK
    IRQ 20 STMicroelectronics 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer OK
    Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_054E1028&REV_A1\4&34F7C96A&0&0008
    Adapter Type GeForce GT 630M, NVIDIA compatible
    Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
    Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Time Type Details
    4/12/2014 10:26 PM Application Error Faulting application name: TS3W.exe, version: 0.2.0.209, time stamp: 0x52d872da Faulting module name: TS3W.exe, version: 0.2.0.209, time stamp: 0x52d872da Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x001c75e7 Faulting process id: 0x1d6c Faulting application start time: 0x01cf569825d2b068 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe Report Id: 7169bd10-c291-11e3-bea4-bc85564b6622 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

4/6/2014 4:18 AM Application Hang The program TS3W.exe version 0.2.0.209 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel. Process ID: 1414 Start Time: 01cf514b77ae63b5 Termination Time: 4294967295 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe Report Id: 891beeab-bd42-11e3-bea2-bc85564b6622 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top