Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown (Populated) (Download Now! 07/15)

Comments

• aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2014
    I understand. I refused to patch past 1.63 so far because I don't want to make caw incompatible which is usually my biggest gripe with patches.

I've got two other worlds available on my Tumblr http://cawblog.tumblr.com/ but you might not want them as they also require patch 1.63. :lol:
  • AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2014
    Amazing! Can you however also build some of the PS2 Strangetown locations? I can provide you with images!
    edited March 2014
    AmaterasuChan - I'd give it a go yeah absolutely! Depends on the quality of the pics :-)
    edited March 2014
    Well, seeing I have an emulator, I can even make some blueprints for you :D
    edited March 2014
    Well, seeing I have an emulator, I can even make some blueprints for you :D
    OOH! can I ask what emulator you're using? I'd love to be able to play it for myself. I'm already using an emulator for the psp version. :D
    edited March 2014
    Pcsx2! :D The games generally work good on my PC and it's 4 years old so you should be fine :D
  • TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Oooh! I love what you have so far. Hope to see the finished product soon enough. (I can never find any good desert towns and your StrangeTown looks amazing)
    edited April 2014
    Bump :'D
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the bump AmaterasuChan! Gonna use this oppurtunity to post some new pics. :D
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited April 2014
    This world looks GREAT! :D When do you think it will be done?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    edited April 2014
    Heehee, no problem, still waiting :'D
    edited April 2014
    Added a few new pics. Still working on this world!
  • PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm just happy about this place. The colors. The sunsets. You hit the nail right on the head :)
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
    edited April 2014
    Yay!

Do you still need the PS2 blueprints?
    edited April 2014
    Yay!

Do you still need the PS2 blueprints?

Yes Please! I don't plan on doing them all but if you have Mesa Gallery's blueprint I'd really appreciate it. The world doesn't have an art gallery yet. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Aaron :D

Love the new pictures- the world is just Awesome. It's like looking at the real thing. :shock:
    edited April 2014
    Hi!

Would you not rather me to build the location for you? I'd be much easier and you can trust me on the sizes! I've build all of the Urbz lots so that'll be a piece of cake :D
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited April 2014
    There's a lot I like about this world. Was it the Seasons EP that included aliens? That would be essential I'd think.

The pictures are beautiful. I'm interested since I love all things Strangetown, but I don't download CC in worlds. What is the CC and how essential is it to the world? I have been able to download worlds using Custard to avoid CC, but sometimes it is an essential component to the world.
    edited April 2014
    AmaterasuChan - Thanks very much for the offer but I'd prefer to build it myself as the lots are being designed around the world and vice versa. I'm a bit OCD like that :lol:

Clayworld - I've made a fair bit of CC specifically for this world so it's mostly essential I'm afraid. Most of it is just recolors but there are few new meshes such as the big and small cactuses. It's all 100% safe to use and I'd definitely recommend checking it out even if you don't like CC. I hear from my blog followers that my worlds are some of the most lag free out there. :D
  • Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited April 2014
    I´m so glad I stumbled across this thread!

I´m not one to download costum worlds as I´m happy with some of the store worlds. But once I saw this I realized I NEED this world in my game! I´m a huge fan boy when it comes to the pre made families from TS2 and Strangetown with it´s families was my favourite neighbourhood in TS2! :D

I´ve recently started playing the Curious family (that came with the Ambitions expansion) and I´ve been wanting to move them to another world more like Strangetwon but haven´t been able to find one that satisfy my wants and needs. But this is just perfect! :D Can´t wait until it´s finnished!

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    It looks amazing! :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited April 2014
    That's a shame because the lot size is definitive and it'd be awkward if you changed it :( but I'll see what I can do! :D
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey! Haven't heard about any updates this month. Are you still working on this world?
    edited May 2014
    Absolutely! :D

tumblr_n5ocbv9CQ51t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5o218iblY1t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5eynxvmzE1t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5o218iblY1t01y2po2_500.jpg

tumblr_n5myipLiny1t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5ivngH6uy1t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5f6ngZxNh1t01y2po2_500.jpg

tumblr_n5ivngH6uy1t01y2po2_500.jpg
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm really looking forward to playing in your Strangetown. I appreciate the detail you always put into your creations. Those distant terrains just blow me away.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top