Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's one of the scariest things you've experienced in Sims?

In any Sims game. Could be TS1, TS2, TS3 or any sort of console games.

I'd have to say my first terrifying encounter was in TS1 when I saw a ghost for the first time. They weren't fun like TS3 ghosts, they were creepy, green and scary music played whenever they appeared. It didn't help that I was alone in my house at 3am.

Then of course, the first time I ever saw Grim in TS1, that was pretty traumatizing. He wasn't funny or lazy like the TS2 or TS3 Grim, he was evil and he shouted in this other worldly demonic voice when he'd take a sim's body. Something fun I'd do with him though, when a sim would die and curl up in a ball, I'd put "move_objects on" in buy mode, move their body under a couch and Grim could never find them... but the death music kept playing. :shock:

Now that I think of it, most everything in TS1 was creepy. :lol:

Another creepy instance was in TS2 for PS2. In that version, if your sim dies and becomes a ghost, you're still controlling them. They don't go away, you're still stuck with them and they are terrifying, especially when they haunt other sims. They can deform their faces and fly around them and puke on them. Overall just terrify them. Whatever happened to being a friendly ghost? :roll:

Then of course, the first time I ever accidentally let one of my sims in TS2 die. I was so freaked out that I immediately shut off my computer and walked away. Couldn't even face saving the game if it meant Grim would be there when I turned it on.

In TS3 so far, I don't think there's been anything that's scared me in particular...

Your turn. :)

Comments

• Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited May 2012
    The scariest thing I've experienced in the sims was when my first sims pregnant wife died. I kept trying to get her to eat, but since the counters were too dirty she wouldn't cook anything. Since this was my first game ever, I didn't know sims could die, so when the grim reaper came knocking at my sims door, I wasn't too happy. Then right after that, of course my sim just HAD to go get squashed by meteor! I learned a lot from that play session, that's for sure!
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2012
    The scariest thing for me was quite recently, my sim in a tomb in Shang Simla with two mummies coming at her. :shock: I got all worked up, then I used the escape powder that I had bought from the special merchant and I breathed a sigh of relief when she popped back in base camp.
  • KSkyeeSims12KSkyeeSims12 Posts: 930
    edited May 2012
    The scariest thing i think i ever saw was in Sims 2 the first time i saw a ghost haunt a sim and having the sound up loud and hearing the ghost talk scared me.

Also Sims 3 the first time i saw a burglar i wasnt watching them come in my sims house but the sound scared me a bit.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2012
    kmsim15 wrote:
    The scariest thing for me was quite recently, my sim in a tomb in Shang Simla with two mummies coming at her. :shock: I got all worked up, then I used the escape powder that I had bought from the special merchant and I breathed a sigh of relief when she popped back in base camp.
    I haven't had WA very long and I must say when a mummy started fighting with my sim I was terrified. I couldn't pause or do anything. I just watched with eyes wide and mouth open until it was over :shock:
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited May 2012
    svggtz.png

Need I say any more? *shivers*
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    ^ yea that clown is creepy
  • elelia1elelia1 Posts: 674
    edited May 2012
    When i'm just going about having my sims mess about at night and suddenly the scary music plays but nothing appears..
    The waiting game is the scariest thing.
  • Torres826Torres826 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited May 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    svggtz.png

I hate that clown! He freaks me out!
  • asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited May 2012
    Torres826 wrote:
    asterravos wrote:
    svggtz.png

Tragic Clown was horrible. He ruined everything he could in game and I have always hated clowns. My sims and I spent the whole time he showed up freaking out :(
  • Torres826Torres826 Posts: 261 New Member
    edited May 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    Torres826 wrote:
    asterravos wrote:
    svggtz.png

Tragic Clown was horrible. He ruined everything he could in game and I have always hated clowns. My sims and I spent the whole time he showed up freaking out :(
    Clowns are the one thing my husband will admit to being scared of!
  • PatandRoxannePatandRoxanne Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited May 2012
    :shock:The Ghosts in Goth Manor in Bustin' out. Moved out and never came back. :shock:

Also, in TS3, when i heard the Lounge Lizard Jingle, it scared me to death!
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2012
    The clown from the sims 1 scared me. I guess a lot of people have a fear of clowns, glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the clown from the sims 1. In the MM ep for the sims 1, there was a clown park, needless to say, I never went to it. Shivers!
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited May 2012
    Sims 1- That clown. And also the music it played when your sims got burgled.
    Sims 2- I had a glitch that caused all my sims to float around the ghosts. Scared the heck out of me cos they just floated around everywhere O_o

Sims 3- The film sims watch on the TV (I think it's a horror channel or something). Someone gets stalked...by a flaming clown. They never ever watch that channel again lol
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2012
    I think the scariest thing I've experienced is definitely seeing my sim electrocuted in TS1. It wasn't the funny kind of electrocution that is in TS2 and TS3; my sim was screaming. She died right away. I was so frightened, I cried afterwards.

In hindsight, I don't think 7 is a very good age to be playing a teen game.... :lol:

Also, the music just kills me. The burglar theme in TS1, the "you're-a-terrible-parent-so-I'm-gonna-take-away-your-kid / all-your-sims-died" music in TS2. I cringe just thinking about it. :(
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I haven't had WA very long and I must say when a mummy started fighting with my sim I was terrified. I couldn't pause or do anything. I just watched with eyes wide and mouth open until it was over :shock:

:lol::lol:
    I'm dying over here! (pun not intended) :lol:
    That's PRECISELY the reason my sims don't go adventuring now: I'm scared to death of those WA mummies--they REALLY freak me out. :( They're not sexy like the one from the Brendan Fraser movie. :? :P
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited May 2012
    scariest was when i first played sims 1 i went outside for a minuite came in my house was on fire with all my sims burning also
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited May 2012
    The first time I ever saw Claire the Bear it scared me. I had no idea what it was but suddenly SOMETHING was sneaking up on my Sims trash can. I laughed at myself when I realized what it was but for that one second, I was scared. The first time I experienced a thunderstorm in TS2 (with headphones on no less) it scared me. It was LOUD and sudden (the way thunderstorms often are) and I was totally not expecting it. I about jumped out of my skin. I also hated that darn clown. In TS3, the garden gnomes gave me a fright the first time I realized they can MOVE. Talk about creepy. LOL
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2012
    Tragic Clown for sure. Clowns are the invention of adults who THINK they know what children like. They are tragically WRONG. I hate clowns so much. Ick!
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I had just got Pets back in March,hoping I'd dodged the no fluff issue(which I didn't :|) and when I went to edit my dog's coat it morph into a really huge hideous thing that had its eyes ducking in and out of its body. My reaction was :shock: . Once I got use to it I decided to see if I could make it even more creepier......

WA mummies are pretty creepy. I was using testingcheats one day and let a whole horde of them loose in a park. And then there was another time I made a maze with two mummies and threw a 'test subject' in there, and they cursed him.
  • emilyrachelaemilyrachela Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I was playing the sims 3 supernatural and one of my fairy's wishes was to play a trick on someone. I made her do the "Hot-head" trick on my werewolf... When she did it I was looking at a different sim and suddenly the camera went back over to her and I saw that there was fire everywhere... I was clicking on them and clicking on the ground around them hoping there was a "put out fire" option or something but there was none. All I did was watch them die :cry: ... and then I jumped when the grim reaper appear :lol:

So I want to say is...
    BEWARE OF THE "HOT HEAD" FAIRY TRICK FROM SUPERNATURAL!!!! :twisted:
  • Mojo810534Mojo810534 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ghost and Clowns, music etc. don't scare me. The thing that makes me jump every time is the thunder. I'm just not expecting it, and I just about jump out of my chair.

*Just keep Simming*
  • EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2014
    That clown freaks me out glad I never played S1 it would make me nuts that thing. Also had head phones on when I got Seasons and a thunder storm hit jumped out of my chair LOL

Eveebella
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2014
    Torres826 wrote:
    asterravos wrote:
    svggtz.png

Clowns scare the hell out of me, I just find them creepy. In the sims 1, I never put up that picture of the tragic clown, and in MM I never went to the clown part of it. To this day I still have no idea what it looks like, and that's ok with me :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    The first time I lost a Sim to Transmutation from the Philosopher's Stone. (Supernatural)

I was all, "Please don't fail. I'm running out of books to do this with-- wait, what's the green part doing? Oh...OH! :shock: *cue screaming and repeatedly saying no*

Don't care if the statue was worth 50,000. I lost one of my favorite Sims, who wasn't a ghost and didn't have the Loser/Unlucky trait. Didn't even know that could happen at that point.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have only downloaded one sim since I've been playing. A friend of mines simself. Her sim was evil & kinda scary anyway. I had my simself live with her. For fun, I used a zombie potion on her. My game started to lag a little. I kept my camera centered on her. She ran to the house & went through the door. I zoomed in. Her body didn't move, but her head turned in my direction! She gave me evil zombie faces! The game would run a bit, she would run a bit, then turn her head in MY direction and look at me! It freaked me out. :lol: I paused it, even, and her head would still turn to look AT ME!!!! :shock: I wasn't even stoned. :shock:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top