Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown (Populated) (Download Now! 07/15)

aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
This is a finished version of Strangetown which contains all families from the Sims 2 PC. It's a reimagining of the town which contains all necessary rabbit holes and features to make the world fully playable in The Sims 3. More sims will be available in a future release.

The world requires the Base Game and Seasons patched to 1.63 and the installation of a single CC package. Every bit of CC is made by me for this world.

Instructions on installing the world are included in the download which you can find at http://www.mediafire.com/download/eycb7mt0duw4f88/Strangetown+1.2.zip

I've posted loads of pics of how I made this world at my blog (CreateaWorldBlog.tumblr.com)

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

yYkQ2GK.png

h4fc8RR.jpg

UYRFEYf.jpg

YZtbIrt.jpg

oOKkXi1.jpg

WrUwMcQ.jpg

peCd1yP.jpg

MxYbHLn.jpg

Q9eF2On.jpg

fBZBIxq.jpg

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• CribbetCribbet Posts: 373
    edited March 2014
    Wow! This is great! :shock: :mrgreen:
  • MaxisMattMaxisMatt Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2014
    Great job this looks amazing, very nicely designed! :)
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2014
    Amazing! Are you planning on adding buildings?
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just started adding buildings. Rabbit holes haven't been designed yet though.
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2014
    Looking fantastic!!! Can't wait!!!
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2014
    Cool! I love Strangetown.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited March 2014
    It took you a month? Aw man, it takes that long?? I dunno if I want to take that long. What terrain paints did you use? I thought maybe a couple of days .. a month .. that's so long .. my sims will fade away waiting. What size is that one?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    edited March 2014
    Yep. I started on the 15th Feb. I think I've got a lot done though. I've had to plan, heightmap and texture the terrain, make rabbit hole recolors, mesh some cactuses and plants, create textures in Photoshop for custom trees and terrain paints and research and profile the sims from the sims 2. My map is a 2048 x 2048 300 and uses a distant terrain made just for my map. :D
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2014
    WOW aaronrogers8i3! It´s looking great, keep up the good work, this world is going to be amazing!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2014
    It took you a month? Aw man, it takes that long?? I dunno if I want to take that long. What terrain paints did you use? I thought maybe a couple of days .. a month .. that's so long .. my sims will fade away waiting. What size is that one?

He's a pretty fast worker. It will probably take a lot longer than a month, but it's really fun. A couple of days is unreasonable, but if you make a small world it won't take as long.
  • rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2014
    OMG...WOW wow wow, this looks Awesome for that little of time working on it , can't wait to see what else you do to it...waiting , waiting , my breath is baited now...still waiting.. :shock:

Just kidding you have done a great job , will wait for more updates. :mrgreen:
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello aaronrogers :) I went to your site and asked a few questions
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    edited March 2014
    Hello aaronrogers I went to your site and asked a few questions
    Just sent a reply :-)

tumblr_n20yrz1UpZ1t01y2po1_1280.jpg
  • PritzoooPritzooo Posts: 227 Member
    edited March 2014
    WOW! I've been waiting for a Strangetown EP update (the one I'm using now is great but is only up to Late Night), and this looks great! Quick Q: will you make a CC-free version?

Keep up the good work! :D
    edited March 2014
    Sorry Pritzooo I really should've updated my first post. This world will no logner be using Supernatural because quite a lot of my blog followers don't have it. It already requires seasons and I don't want to deter people with lots of EPs. I hope this is good news for those who don't like supernatural though :-)

I'll never do a CC free version sorry. I spent weeks on CC and it's really what makes strangetown different from other worlds. :lol:
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you! :mrgreen:

tumblr_n2eabhPS7H1t01y2po2_r1_1280.jpg
  • JamieleighFoxJamieleighFox Posts: 266 Member
    edited March 2014
    Man. Nostalgia, my heart cant handle it. I love this. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    Got loads done with this world so far. Updated first post with new pics. :-)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi, Aaronrogers :D

Your Strangetown looks Awesome! :thumbup:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited March 2014
    Your worlds are real nice! =) I don't use CC, so for the worlds you already created, I left well deserved recs! And will do the same for this when its finished.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just wanted to say that you're doing an amazing job imagining the rest of Strangetown. I probably won't download either (because of CC, sorry ;p ) But I will 'rec ;D Also, don't forget the Road To Nowhere highway-like part ;)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014
    It's beautiful, Aaronrogers! I wish I could download it when you're done. But I know that's probably not an option, as I stopped patching my game at 1.57, and I imagine yours is fully updated. I'm not willing to let anything more in my game get broken with a patch that doesn't fix anything relevant to my own game, when everything in my game is currently working.
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm looking forward to trying out this world. I never played TS2 or any of the console games, so this will be completely new. It's kind of hard to imagine a "Strangetown" without Supernatural. Just what is the difference for with and without?
    edited March 2014
    The reason I cut supernatural is because the world already requires Seasons and I try to offer my worlds as to as many people as I can. The EP didn't really add much to the world either besides a Vampire and Werewolf.

There'll definitely be aliens though. They're one of the main things in Strangetown. :D

@IreneSwift It'll require patch 1.63. My game runs excellently with the patch :-)
  • StefferCStefferC Posts: 102 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Your Strangetown is coming along so nicely, I've been watching it for a few weeks. Good job.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014

@IreneSwift It'll require patch 1.63. My game runs excellently with the patch :-)

I know some players have had no problems with the latest patches, but so many have report losing interactions, like chat with toddlers, the most recent one I read about. I'm not willing to risk losing any of the interactions I use constantly, so I'm staying where I am, where everything that matters most to me works.

Do you post your worlds somewhere other than the exchange? If you have any older ones as beautiful as your Strangetown, I would love to have them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top