Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 12 March; End 8 April?

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    Good luck. Man Cave went very quickly both times.
    Yes, yes it did. That's why I missed it both times, even though I was right here. :(
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited March 2014
    I was the only girl in the computer club at my Junior High school (this was back in the 80s - do NOT ask how old I am),
    I was the only girl in my Grade 12 computer science class. We learned Fortran. We used the Commodore 64, saved data on cassette tapes and used key punch cards. Does that tell my age? I loved playing Pac Man in university and was amazed that Dragon's Lair had different outcomes depending on your actions.

The Sales page has changed.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    I was the only girl in the computer club at my Junior High school (this was back in the 80s - do NOT ask how old I am),
    I was the only girl in my Grade 12 computer science class. We learned Fortran. We used the Commodore 64, saved data on cassette tapes and used key punch cards. Does that tell my age? I loved playing Pac Man in university and was amazed that Dragon's Lair had different outcomes depending on your actions.

Oh, do you remember the Trash-80? (TRS-80) One time my brother and I went in to Radio Shack, back when they were first selling them. My brother was 12, I was 11. He started playing around with it, and quickly realized they hadn't protected the OS; he was able to do Pokes as well as Peeks and actually change some of it. He finally made a comment about it (after we had been messing with it for about 15 minutes), and the sales rep hastily ushered us out of the store.

I remember programming on tape recorders. And key punch cards. My father used to bring home reams of the accordion paper for my siblings and me to write and draw on. Man, I would NOT want to go back to those days. :) Programming then was hellacious.
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2014
    The others get curious and start asking us questions; they're both semi-gamers, but they've never played Sims. One of them has a Mac (does the Mac version have all the EPs and SPs? I think she'd really like the game), and the other is a more "serious" gamer, but they don't make fun of us or think we're silly.

The Mac version does have all EPs and SPs, and I am a Mac user and love my Mac, but I so don't recommend playing TS3's Mac version unless someone only plans to get one or two EPs. The problem is the Mac version actually is the same as the PC version, but it's run through what's basically a Windows XP emulator, and the end result is you don't get the full benefit of your computer's specs. The Mac version was much less stable before patch 1.63, but it's still far inferior to playing the PC version.

I play 7 EPs, 2 SPs, and tons of store content on the Boot Camp/Windows 7 partition of my Mac, and it runs like a dream. When I played the Mac version on the exact same computer and only the 4 oldest EPs, it crashed like crazy all the time.

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one pulling an all-nighter tonight. I don't know if I'll actually buy anything (depends on what kind of price I can get for the Storybook Dining Room), but it's nice to read the conversations and sort of have "company" while I work on other stuff.

As for guy games vs. girl games, I don't know... Some guy gamers are just too uptight to venture beyond their comfort zone and try something that has a "girly" reputation. Though the marketing often appears female-oriented, I think it's a pretty universal game, and people like it for different reasons that don't necessarily have to do with gender. I have two sisters who I got hooked on the game. One of them likes to do makeovers and breeding and legacies, etc. The other likes to set houses on fire, or put 7 cowards in a room, declare all of them a nemesis, and see if they can cover the entire floor with one massive pee puddle. To each their own, I guess. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    Except for the ballet studio, I don't see anything that is as good as what's going on in the DD. Many of them are the same items.
  • Options
    MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Can someone tell me how many hours until man cave? Just used the calculator and I should get it for 36sp (TWO PC FOR THAT:D) so I don't want to miss it AGAIN! I want to play with my chickens but I'm too ill to get out of my bed and to my PC :( but congrats to everyone that got it! And sorry to everyone that didnt, I'm sure it will go on sale again in the future:)!

I'm estimating 6-8 hours, but you might want to get to the computer a little earlier to make sure. I'm personally not leaving my computer before then. Of course, I have to stay up anyway to finish a project, but I keep checking the DD page too. And of course this thread. Can't stay away. :)

Btw, DON'T feel bad for having gotten it. You worked hard to get it! You deserve your chickens! :)
    Thanks:) I will probably check every like 30 mins seeing as I'm in bed xD but just wanted to know the estimate :D I do feel so bad, because I know how much I wanted it:( but I'm so glad I did get it :**** Are you hoping for MC?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    My CYS price for the fabulous fiesta is 165sp (I only own the deep fryer), does anyone think the ice cream machine and the rest of the set is worth it? (I have just enough sp for that and MC because of ads :D) also I want the Skylight Studios so badly, I would use the bar ALL the time, but there's no way I can get enough SP before the sale finishes :( I just want it SO much! Bummer:(

meanwhile I feel like crap:(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    The other likes to set houses on fire, or put 7 cowards in a room, declare all of them a nemesis, and see if they can cover the entire floor with one massive pee puddle. To each their own, I guess. :)
    This! :twisted: She's a girl after my own heart. I love doing weird experiments with my Sims.

I have one Sim who I've given a ton of "bad" traits to (I have a mod that allows me to put up to 30 traits on a Sim if I want): Loser, Unlucky, Coward, Neurotic, Insane, Kleptomaniac, Clumsy, Hates the Outdoors, Hates Children, Hates Art, Technophobic, Hydrophobic... you name it. Then I set him loose and give him full free will. It's absolutely HILARIOUS to watch him! I love it when he talks to people using his hand as a puppet. I totally just let him run around by himself and laugh at what he does.

I expected him to starve to death (I gave him no money, no house, and no furniture, although he does have a sleeping bag in his inventory), but he has the Mooch trait, so somehow he magically pulls food out of random refrigerators. Usually crap like danishes, but it keeps him alive. Since he is Inappropriate he doesn't care what others think of him, so it really is a good stress-reliever to watch him sometimes.

Oh, one time he accidentally electrocuted himself, and I saw the Grim Reaper let him live because he was both Unlucky and a Loser. Although I had known about that scenario, I hadn't seen it until it happened to him.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    My CYS price for the fabulous fiesta is 165sp (I only own the deep fryer), does anyone think the ice cream machine and the rest of the set is worth it? (I have just enough sp for that and MC because of ads :D) also I want the Skylight Studios so badly, I would use the bar ALL the time, but there's no way I can get enough SP before the sale finishes :( I just want it SO much! Bummer:(
    Well, I like the Fiesta set, but I like all the International kinds of sets. :) I've personally never used either the fryer or the ice cream maker, so I can't say on that. I just like the regular furniture. :)

You might check to see if getting the Fiesta set might also get you one of the International compilations. I think it might, in which case you'll have a cascade effect.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Well, I like the Fiesta set, but I like all the International kinds of sets. :) I've personally never used either the fryer or the ice cream maker, so I can't say on that. I just like the regular furniture. :)

You might check to see if getting the Fiesta set might also get you one of the International compilations. I think it might, in which case you'll have a cascade effect.
    Which conpilations? I'm still debating it, I will probably go for it :D I want my ballet bar though :( and those cool window things :D
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2014
    This! :twisted: She's a girl after my own heart. I love doing weird experiments with my Sims.

I have to agree that she has a very entertaining play style. Me, I'm too much of a softie to let my sims suffer much, but I always look forward to the crazy videos she sends me. I guess I love anyone who does weird experiments with their sims. ;)

Your disaster sim sounds like a hoot! I would love to watch someone like that. It's funny, because a lot of those negative traits are kind of my favorite traits. I can see how that would be good stress relief. Wish I could see him in action!

I have a sim in reserve that I'm waiting to play... Absent-minded, clumsy, unlucky, loser, coward, and I plan to give him hydrophobic for his graduate trait - and he has the "master magician" lifetime wish. So I'm looking forward to him putting on the worst performances ever and probably drowning from the watery grave trick a few times. I told my sister that I wanted this sim because I usually design my sims for optimal job performance. Then she politely reminded me about my mummy firefighter.

All right, looks like I can take a tea break without worrying that the Russia set is going to end prematurely.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Mia :D THANK YOU THANK YOU :D the gift has bought th set down by 40sp :) im defo getting it now :D thank you so much:D

I wish for a ballet bar :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Mia :D THANK YOU THANK YOU :D the gift has bought th set down by 40sp :) im defo getting it now :D thank you so much:D
    You're welcome. I thought it might help. :)
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2014
    I hope this rotation will repeat one more time lol
    Really got some unfortunate time for a couple deals.

It's great that more people got the free points, but I've never seen one of those worldwide ads..

• Options
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Which conpilations? I'm still debating it, I will probably go for it :D I want my ballet bar though :( and those cool window things :D
    Right after I told you, I looked just to see. It's in the April 2012 Compilation Set, but it won't give you the comp for free. It should drop the price by a bit, though, since the Fiesta set includes two pieces of PC.

I thought it might be in the World Inspiration Compilation, but it looks like it isn't. I guess they're trying to cut down on the number of combinations people can make with CYS. :)

I like the windows; they're why I bought the studio when it went on sale just now. At 1100 I didn't feel it was worth it, but at 950 I did. :)
  • Options
    jennaoramajennaorama Posts: 131 New Member
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    MrBump13 wrote:

It's in April '12 comp, with the India inspirations sets, and if you get that comp it will also help towards Best of 2012 too.
    I do use the Fiesta set a lot more than I thought I would, recoloured to a nice wood effect and you find most of it will fit in anywhere. I think I made most use out of it in my fairy treehouse.

*edit due to missing words...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Mother Russia took the full two hours this time. It ended about 20 minutes after the hour.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jennaorama wrote:
    It's in April '12 comp, with the India inspirations sets, and if you get that comp it will also help towards Best of 2012 too.
    I do use the Fiesta set a lot more than I thought I would, recoloured to a nice wood effect and you most of it will fit in anywhere. I think I made most use out of it in my fairy treehouse.
    I'd forgotten about the best of! In fact, it might do to check against that after you buy the Fiesta set; you might find it's cheaper to complete THAT than the April comp. I've done that a few times, and then it cascades downward, to even more sets, which is nice. Edit: Oh, I misunderstood. It's the India, not the Fiesta, sets that go towards the Best of. Oh well. :)

But remember that you don't HAVE to do the cascades right away. Nice thing about CYS is that it will wait for when you're ready. :)

Edit: Btw, I personally LOVE the India sets. I find that much of the furniture fits into different historical periods quite well. Just take a look at the Monarch Suite set; they use the vanity table there to good effect.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Anyone else found that if there is a great price on a set that they aren't really interested in all of a sudden their interest in it shoots through the roof?
    I picked up the kitchen FL for 105sp and then discovered I could get Hewnsmen for 345sp when it comes up. Seen as I only own 3 pieces I think thats too good an offer to miss for 44 pieces. And there are so many sets that I've gotten free that I thought I'd never use that are creeping their way into my builds.
    I'm also waiting around for MC, I missed it first and second time, not taking any chances this time! :)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited March 2014
    That's it for me for now. Time to get some sleep.

The spreadsheet is up-to-date. I expect that Full Hewnsman and Front Row Center Bedroom may sell out early. If anyone notices the time remaining for any deals that sell out, I would appreciate you posting.

Happy Stalking.
    jennaorama wrote:
    Anyone else found that if there is a great price on a set that they aren't really interested in all of a sudden their interest in it shoots through the roof?
    That's exactly why I own most of the store.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Valgon57 wrote:
    I hope this rotation will repeat one more time lol
    Really got some unfortunate time for a couple deals.

It's great that more people got the free points, but I've never seen one of those worldwide ads..

by the time the duke comes around i should ove the sp fot it i hope i get it
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Btw, I personally LOVE the India sets. I find that much of the furniture fits into different historical periods quite well. Just take a look at the Monarch Suite set; they use the vanity table there to good effect.

Agreed, I'm doing a complete makeover of RH at the moment and have been finding I've been using the India sets all over the shop! It's opened up my eyes to just how versatile the items can be. King of Cambodia is seeing a lot of usage in Moonlight Falls too.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jennaorama wrote:
    I picked up the kitchen FL for 105sp and then discovered I could get Hewnsmen for 345sp when it comes up. Seen as I only own 3 pieces I think thats too good an offer to miss for 44 pieces. And there are so many sets that I've gotten free that I thought I'd never use that are creeping their way into my builds.
    I'm also waiting around for MC, I missed it first and second time, not taking any chances this time! :)
    Well, I'm not a builder, but there are so many times I want to download a lot, and they are using all sorts of items I don't have. :( With some of it it isn't a big deal (I still never want the majority of the toddler stuff - having it vanish from the lot because I don't have the item is just fine with me), but things like the windows in the greenhouse and the ballet studio, yes! And I desperately want the Boardwalk, because I've seen so many awesome amusement park lots. Must haz!

But I'll never bother with BahHaus no matter how cheap it gets or what lots it gets used in, I don't care for most of the Ultra Lounge stuff, and I NEVER add washers or dryers to my lots, so those sets I'll never buy, even if they sell for 100sp. I will feel that's 100sp wasted.

But yeah, sometimes. I'm getting Man Cave ONLY because I can get it for 36sp. Otherwise I would never have bothered. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Right after I told you, I looked just to see. It's in the April 2012 Compilation Set, but it won't give you the comp for free. It should drop the price by a bit, though, since the Fiesta set includes two pieces of PC.

I thought it might be in the World Inspiration Compilation, but it looks like it isn't. I guess they're trying to cut down on the number of combinations people can make with CYS. :)

I like the windows; they're why I bought the studio when it went on sale just now. At 1100 I didn't feel it was worth it, but at 950 I did. :)
    I'll have a look once I purchase it:) you lucky thing getting the Studio:) I've wanted it ever since it came out, and for 50% off its a steal! But I jaut can't afford it :( awh man:(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I downloaded a few lots with BahHaus windows in and the replacements have been so funny sometimes. I had a huge bay window backwards in a modern beach house, it looked so ugly I just had to laugh. It was easily replaced with a similar size and shape window from ItF though.
    I'm not a very good builder, but I do love doing it. Its the satisfaction of saying "right, it's done" and then moving in a sim and playing with just what they need.

(and then having to go back into build/buy to put in all the things I've forgotten :lol: )