Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**The Ziggurat - Art Deco Theatre by Petalbot

petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Happy Spring time All! So, this is my latest build. This theatre is specially made for the Sims International Film Festival (See what its all about: http://simatography.webs.com/ ) to serve as a Red Carpet Venue for the event.

The exterior décor of the building is inspired by the beautiful Art Deco style of Theatre des Champs-Elysees. Sims who come to the Ziggurat will enjoy, a serviced concession stand, screening room, a green room, and if they’re famous enough, two television studios where they can promote their latest film. Playtested, No CC or CAP. Hope you like! :wink:

Theater_cover.png

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8104203

front.jpg

redcarpet5.jpg

Entry.jpg

Lobby1.jpg

lobby2.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

concession.jpg

hall.jpg

greenroombar.jpg

greenroomchairs.jpg

greenroomcouches.jpg

greenroomtables.jpg

greenroomview1.jpg

greenroomview2.jpg

greenroomview3.jpg

powderroomladies.jpg

powderroommen.jpg

TVStudio1.jpg

TVStudio2.jpg

Night.jpg

EPs and SPs used:
Most important EPs/SPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Island Paradise, Seasons, Showtime, University and Pets.

Minor EPs/SPs: Master Suite Stuff= 1 plant, Town Life Stuff (recommended)= Ionu Spotlight.

Store content: All items listed on the exchange are correct except for the fact that it doesn't list Roaring Heights.

Roaring Heights World: Municipal Wall Column, Arc of the World Bay Window, Grande Entrance Double Door, Understated Fence, Sunburst Skylight, Fruitless Palm Tree, 2 wallpapers, Ritzy Halls Wall Tile, Dapper Drapes Curtains, Retro Wall Art, Planted Palm Tree, Decadent Floor Lamp, Decadent Table Lamp, Decadent Wall Lamp, Stately Sectional Sofa.

Le Cinema Plumbob: Screen 1 Door, Large as Life Movie Screen, Theater Seating, Movie Theater Aisle, Current Offerings Sign.

Jazz Age Living Room: Real McCoy Barstool, Hitting on all Sixes Chair, Carry a Torch for Me Mirror, Ritzy Taste Coffee Table (under build/buy comfort and décor categories.

Live, Laugh, Love: Ancient Warriors Frieze (under build/buy décor category)

Muse Luxury: Artemis Temple Frieze (under build/buydécor category)

Gothic Glamour Living Room: Textophobia Taunts Wall Sculpture (under build/buy décor category)

Ginchiest Sink (under build/buy plumbing category)
New Years Nectar- Free item/ holiday gift (under Sets holidays & gifts category)

Thanks for taking the tour! Hope you enjoyed it. :wink:
sigg.gif

Post edited by petalbot on

Comments

• Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh wow... I am speechless. That is stunning.
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited March 2014
    Spectacular job. Perfect for SIFF. Absolutely gorgeous. :mrgreen: DRF.
    oow785m
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ziggurat is a very nice theatre build! :) It looks very elegant and grand! Very nice exterior of it! The red carpet front steps entrance to the theatre looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the windows, and used the pillars and barrier ropes at the front of the build, It looks so very nice how you have furnished the interior of the theatre! It looks very stylish and nice! Very nice shades of colour and patterns that you have used through the build. The sofa seating around the tree and plants in the lobby area looks nice. There are many nice details in all the areas of the build! The types of wall and ceiling lights you have used suit well the build. It looks nice how you have set up the comfortable red and gold chairs for sims to sit and relax on whilst watching the films. Great concession stands area for the sims to buy food and a drink from. Very nice furnishing of the green room! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the seating there, having a chat or have a drink at the bar. The movie posters on the walls look great. The powder rooms are nice. The type of mirrors you have used there capture the Art Deco theme well. All through the build , all the furnishings , colours , and the patterns on the wall capture a class filled elegance and richness! . It looks great how you have set up the television studios! The platformed areas are great! Very nice evening photos that you have taken of the build with the city buildings in the background seen through the windows of the studio!
    It is a very nice build! Great designing and furnishing of it! The exterior and interior of it are both so very nice! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    Petal, I love your builds! :D They are all so stunning! This is no exception too. Perfect architecture and droolworthy interiors! It all looks so real! Recommended and added to my favourites. Outstanding job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Petal
    Well ! the first word that comes to mind is perfection. :D I love the rich and sumptuous decor with it's old gold highlights though out, its wonderful layout and its detailed Art Deco style. It is always a treat to see a Petal build Rec'd and favoured.
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited March 2014
    :shock: Oh my gosh, I love this so much! It's so beautiful! Gorgeous architecture, beautifully decorated, beautiful colors, it's just perfect!!! Rec'd and dl'ing. :mrgreen:
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited March 2014
    Another great build :D
    WOW :shock:
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gorgeous.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow your theatre is just stunning!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just Gorgeous!!! The detail, exterior, colors are perfect! Simply love how you included so much into this. The TV stages are a wonderful idea and addition to it. DRF for sure!

CONGRATZ on the FEATURE!!!

Well deserved indeed! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    YAY Petal! :D I am so happy for you! Congrats on the feature! :thumbup: :thumbup: You deserve it! In fact all your builds are worth featuring. :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited March 2014
    So happy to see this fantastic build has been featured. :D:D:D
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oooh, lots to catch up on! I just got back, so sorry for the lateness of the replies.

Hi Linday! Thanks so much. The modern lot you just put up is amazing. I love the architecture so much!

Hi EMPRESSPAMELA! Good to see you! Thank you so much for the comments and the DRF.

Hi Rosemow! Hope you have been doing well. Thank you so much for the detailed comments. I'm glad you like the ceiling and wall lights! It took me ages to pick them out, in the end I thought the ceiling light from seasons suited the rooms best. I just made the wall lights with the moveobjects on cheat because, none of them, at least by themselves was working out to well with the décor.

Hi Yanti! Thank you so much! I love your builds! Always so unique and gorgeous. I'm heading over to your studio to catch up on them shortly.

Hey Folly! I am in love with your most recent cottage! I just love it, love it, love it. Your builds have always inspired me. I remember my mouth literally dropped oven when I first came across your builds on the exchange. Yours are the ones that made me want to learn to be a better builder. I'm a huge fan as you know! Thank you so much for the rec and fav.

Hi Trishaanne! Thank you so much for the comments and rec. You're very kind.

Hi crs990! Good to see you! Thank you for your kindly comments. I appreciate it!

Hi dizzydee! Thanks! :wink:

Hi Jessabeans! Thank you!

Hey Romagi! Nice to hear from you. Hope you have been doing well. Thank you for the comments the DRF. I'm glad you like the TV studios!

Hi again rosemow, Yanti, & Folly, Thank you! :) I'm so surprised and excited to see the lot get featured! Thank you as well, SimGuruHydra!
    sigg.gif

• Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just wow. So many excellent things going on with this build. I love it.

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2014
    This is beautiful! I especially love the tv studios, I thought of SNL when I saw one of them lol.Thanks for listing what items you used! It makes it easy to figure out if I own everything or not! =)
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2014
    petalbot wrote:
    Happy Spring time All! So, this is my latest build. This theatre is specially made for the Sims International Film Festival (See what its all about: http://simatography.webs.com/ ) to serve as a Red Carpet Venue for the event.

Theater_cover.png"width=512"

Good gosh darn wowzers. :thumbup:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh my goodness, this might be one of my favourite ever sims builds! Absolutely sensational :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com