Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think I'm going to bow out of this one. I seem to have absolutely no time at all for simming lately, and when I do actually get in game to have a go at this, my head isn't in it. :roll: I'll still try and finish it. Definitely an area where I need to improve with builds.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more time next week with this assignment out of the way. :)

Also, congrats to all the winners for David's Chambers! Spectacular work guys, as usual. :D

@ISHTARJMD, (re: feedback) LOL I know! I'm absolutely terrible with those overhead shots. They're really not difficult, I just don't remember them until I go through my pics after the fact, and this time I just ran out of time to go back in game and take them. :P It's a bad habit I'm going to simply have to drum into my brain to break I think. Might have to start with overhead shots just to make sure I get them. :oops:

Judging by how dead this thread has been for the past several weeks, I'd say that you're not the only one. Community lots can be really hard!

Everybody who has submitted a lot has done an amazing job! I especially love yours Linday, and Suepea you made it! Yay!
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2014
    Intermediate Results for David's Chambers are now posted!
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Venus Luxe #238-239

NAME: gmcrozier

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8106282

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/story/76569

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 2300 Pinochle Point

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: VeLux Day Spa is now open! With 3 massage rooms, a large sauna, coffee and juice bar, hair salon, indoor pool, hot tub, gym, yoga and dance studio and meditation garden.. Velux Day Spa is every Sims destination for rest and relaxation.

This challenge was AWESOME! I ended up building 5 spas and took them to the budget max and each time.... I thought of something else I wanted to add... so I would start a new one. Well this is the last one that I did and there is more that I would like to ad, but I am out of time :(

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

Resort Fusion Outdoor 2 towels - riccinumbers TSR
    Delightful Florals - marcorse TSR
    EA Triple Paint Mesh - KitKat
    Stefania Ferri Florals - KitKat
    Rodney White Art - KitKat
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2014
    ISHTARJMD wrote:
    Intermediate Results for David's Chambers are now posted!

Honorable mention goes to...
    Princess Natasha!

Third place...
    Mary_Kup!

Second Place...
    Saint_Gambi!

First place...
    Paneinger!

Optional Challenge winner...
    VannaRed!

Great job everyone!! And congrats to all the winners!!!!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2014
    And that brings challenge 238-239 to a close. Good luck to all who enetered!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2014
    Build-N-Share Challenge (240-241)

Megami Market Part One

You sigh as you detour by the post office to pick up the mail. For some reason there was a glitch in the system that prevented the mail guy from delivering to your office. Now you have the joy of having to pick it up every day until they fix the glitch.

After standing in line for 10 minutes, you finally get your mail and begin to leaf through it as you head out. A post card makes you stop and evaporates your grumpy mood like water in a desert. ‘How nice of David and Xantha to send us a post card from their honeymoon,’ You think to yourself. ‘I hope they are having fun in Shang Simla.’

“Um, excuse me?” says a soft voice. You look up from the post card, a bit startled that you didn't hear anyone approaching.

In front of you are a pair of young women who look enough like each other that you guess them to be sisters. They are clearly of oriental descent, though some other heritage has been mixed in. The one on the left has silver hair and ruby red eyes, while the girl whose arm she is gently holding has golden blonde hair and leaf green eyes. Both are wearing loose but practical looking shirts in soft colors, jeans that look stained with dirt and grass, and slip on shoes.

“I’m sorry, am I in the way?” you ask, moving to the side.

The blonde smiles and says in the soft voice, ”No, but…are you the local architect and designer?” Despite speaking to you, her eyes don't focus on you.

“…Yes. How can I help you?”

“You were right,” She says, looking up in the vague direction of her companions face before turning back towards you. “My name is Persephone Megami. This is my sister Gin.” The ruby eyed Gin smiles shyly as Persephone continues, “We know you are not in your office right now, but Gin saw you in the line. Would you have a few moments to discuss building something for us?”

It takes you a few moments to gather your wits. Then you smile, “Of course.” You dig out a pen from your pocket and flip over one of the envelopes to write on the back. “What did you need?”

“There are actually 2 things we want you to build. The first is a farm, and the second is a fresh market.”

“Sounds great. We don't have a fresh market around here. What would you like in your house?”

“Oh..Um…I thought you would just build whatever for us…”

You smile gently, “I will build whatever you like, but I do need some guidelines to work with.”

Gin speaks in a voice even more soft and gentle than her sisters. “Small. 2 bedrooms at most. Simple, clean, natural. Lots of light.”

“That's it?”

Persephone smiles in your vague direction, “Outside is where we spend most of our time. the house is simply a place to bathe and sleep.”

“Ahhh. And what would you like for outside?”

“Fruit trees. Crop plants. Flowers. Green houses for the staple foods like onions and potato's so we can offer them all year. Our crops will go to the fresh market you see. It would be nice if we could offer things like honey and milk, but if that's not possible that's okay.” She pauses then says “Oh! And if the greenhouses could connect to the house that would be great.”

“Not a problem Miss Megami.” You assure her.

“Everything must fit an easy flowing layout,” gin says. “Persephone is blind.”

Persephone smiles, “Do not worry too much about that. Gin is over protective sometimes. She is my elder sister and has taken care of me all my life. I will manage.”

“No, I understand.” you smile, “Its nice to have a big sister like that. What would the budget be for the farm?”

“Well, since we need so little, would 50,000 be okay?”

“Should be fine. What about the market?”

“Let us start with the farm first,” Gin says sweetly.

“Fair enough. Will 2 weeks be soon enough?”

Smiles blossom like flowers over their faces. “They said you were very fast.” Persephone says happily, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I’ll get the contract drawn up and over to you ASAP.” The pair thank you again, and head off to collect their own mail. ‘A trip to the post office and a new job…not bad.’ You think, looking down at the notes. You grin. Translating off an envelope would be a new one for Rose, though definitely not the weirdest…

Requirements:

• Budget $50,000

• 40×40 lot

• Small 2 bedroom house

• Fruit trees and other crops

• An area for bees and cows. (If you don't have the bee boxes or the cow pasture from the Store, put aside an area for them as if they will be delivered later.)

• Simple lay out to everything for Persephone

• At least 1 greenhouse

Optional:

Make Gin and Persephone and show them in their new farm.

Gin: Shy, loves the outdoors, green thumb

Persephone: Friendly, loves the outdoors, green thumb

You determine the other two traits.

Due date: Wednesday, 3rd April, Midnight Central
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think I'm going to bow out of this one. I seem to have absolutely no time at all for simming lately, and when I do actually get in game to have a go at this, my head isn't in it. :roll: I'll still try and finish it. Definitely an area where I need to improve with builds.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more time next week with this assignment out of the way. :)

Also, congrats to all the winners for David's Chambers! Spectacular work guys, as usual. :D

@ISHTARJMD, (re: feedback) LOL I know! I'm absolutely terrible with those overhead shots. They're really not difficult, I just don't remember them until I go through my pics after the fact, and this time I just ran out of time to go back in game and take them. :P It's a bad habit I'm going to simply have to drum into my brain to break I think. Might have to start with overhead shots just to make sure I get them. :oops:

Judging by how dead this thread has been for the past several weeks, I'd say that you're not the only one. Community lots can be really hard!
    You're telling me! The thing is, I had some really great inspiration for it. I even had a fantastic build for it too. And I had some fab looking infinity pools and all of that. But together it just didn't work. The space was way too small for what I was working towards. Como Shambhala was my inspiration, and you can tell that it sprawls across some fairly uneven terrain. And It looked really cramped together. For the most part I really just didn't have the time to play as I've been working on getting my first assignment for the semester in on time. In any case it's all academic now, and now I'm free to color outside the lines! :twisted:

Anyway Congrats to Mary Kup and Paneinger! Also thank you for second place! :D

I am hoping to get a build in for this challenge. I actually have one build that sort of already fits this brief - my perfect garden project. I think I still need to raise those perfect steaks though. :P
  • SimminGirlSimminGirl Posts: 47
    edited March 2014
    First off, CONGRATS to all the winners of the last challenge <3 I adore everything and give many kuddos to the judges lol I could never do it!

Here's my entry for the new challenge:

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM for (240-241) Megami Market Part One

NAME: SimminGirl

LINK TO LOT: --- not available ---

LINK TO MEDIA: http://mysimhouses.blogspot.com/2014/03/natural-oak-farms.html

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Size, 40 x 40 -- Address, can go anywhere, but I forgot which lot in Hidden Springs I used. -- Final cost, §45,600 Furnished.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Small cozy home perfect for two! Attached Greenhouses, backyard orchard and farming space.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CC info: There is a bunch of Custom Content within this house, and though I don't remember all names of creators ---- THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your work! Each one of you do amazing and wonderful things. I appreciate you. If you see your own work in my home, THANK YOU! I can promise it won't be uploaded or reused in anyway. If you'd like to know what something is, message me. I can get the info for you.
  • VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2014
    @simmingirl

Awesome spa!! I left a comment. :) Glad to see you're still here.
  • MimiLuvsPJOMimiLuvsPJO Posts: 19
    edited March 2014
    Oh! This challenge looks very interesting! I skipped the last one because I'm getting quite busy, but this one looks fun!
    Congrats to all the winners for david's Chambers.
    And all the Venus Luxe entries are gorgeous, good work and good luck!
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [include challenge name and number]

NAME: RachelShennan

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8110936

LINK TO MEDIA: http://simmershenn.blogspot.co.uk/

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Not Entered

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 x 40, 2500 Pinochle Point, $49,259

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a small 2 bedroom farmhouse with open plan, continuous flowing living space. Comes with a small bathroom, open kitchen which leads to the greenhouse. Plenty of space in the garden for growing additional crops and a small orchard. There's also a cow pen and a space for bees. There's plenty of room for expansion on this spacious lot.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes..

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC used.

Screenshot-ergf.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh wow, thanks for the win on David's Chambers! I wasn't expecting that :mrgreen:

I might be able to enter this week's challenge. Hopefully. I got partially finished with my spa for the last one and just got too busy in reality to finish, but I'm still working on it too.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi y'all. So many wonderful builds in this thread.

I was wondering where the bee hives are found?
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2014
    amchristian
    I was wondering where the bee hives are found?

The beehive is from Super Natural in the outdoor activities tab in buy mode.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited March 2014
    redkitty42 wrote:
    The beehive is from Super Natural in the outdoor activities tab in buy mode.

Thank you so much. :-)
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2014
    Your welcome :)
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2014
    How do you factor in the cost of the plants in the total budget? I'm not sure how to figure it because the lot value really seems to change based on the plants and if they're ready to harvest or not (especially since they're all outstanding/perfect). Any advice?
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2014
    paneinger wrote:
    How do you factor in the cost of the plants in the total budget? I'm not sure how to figure it because the lot value really seems to change based on the plants and if they're ready to harvest or not (especially since they're all outstanding/perfect). Any advice?

Thats up to you. I think some of the plants arent ready to harvest if you just keep planting the same ones, kind of like how the bushes change in size if you plant multiple of them. Maybe take the time to find those? or mix them up with some ready to harvest some not. Its entirely up to you in that aspect and how it fits with where you are in that budget. (Was that totally unhelpful?)
    edited March 2014
    ISHTARJMD wrote:
    paneinger wrote:

Thats up to you. I think some of the plants arent ready to harvest if you just keep planting the same ones, kind of like how the bushes change in size if you plant multiple of them. Maybe take the time to find those? or mix them up with some ready to harvest some not. Its entirely up to you in that aspect and how it fits with where you are in that budget. (Was that totally unhelpful?)

No way--not totally unhelpful! You are always helpful!! :D But when you try to delete plants that have fruit or veggies on them, you cannot. So...I guess we just have to wing it--maybe plant the crops last? Sorry, I was not much more helpful.
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    iampes23 wrote:
    No way--not totally unhelpful! You are always helpful!! :D But when you try to delete plants that have fruit or veggies on them, you cannot. So...I guess we just have to wing it--maybe plant the crops last? Sorry, I was not much more helpful.

You can delete crops that are ready to harvest, it's just harder. For some reason, the hand will grab the fruit/harvestable instead of the plant. When you try to delete it you get the error. It's easier to delete the crop with the sledgehammer, as it does a better job of getting the plant instead of the fruit.

Also, CONGRATS to Princess Natasha, Mary_Kup, Saint_Gambi, Paneinger, and VannaRed!
    You all did a great job!!!
    edited March 2014
    iampes23 wrote:

You can delete crops that are ready to harvest, it's just harder. For some reason, the hand will grab the fruit/harvestable instead of the plant. When you try to delete it you get the error. It's easier to delete the crop with the sledgehammer, as it does a better job of getting the plant instead of the fruit.

Also, CONGRATS to Princess Natasha, Mary_Kup, Saint_Gambi, Paneinger, and VannaRed!
    You all did a great job!!!

Thanks so very much for that tip! I am definitely going to try that !!
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2014
    Can anyone please tell me how many Samolians the Apiary Box and the Cow Pens cost in game?

I want to make sure that I leave enough of my budget to cover those as well, that way when they are added I don't go over.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know about the other one, but the Cow pens cost 2,300 Simoleons :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • NvZantenNvZanten Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Can anyone please tell me how many Samolians the Apiary Box and the Cow Pens cost in game?

I want to make sure that I leave enough of my budget to cover those as well, that way when they are added I don't go over.
    Lebanna wrote:

The bees are 275 per box. :D
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    NvZanten wrote:
    The bees are 275 per box. :D

Thank you both! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top