Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculations on Occults in Sims 4...

Sorry if someone has already started a thread on this, but I didn't see one...

So let's toss around some thoughts here, what does everyone think will happen to some of the occults that we have come to love??
I would hate to lose any of them :( but I would love to see some of them get some updates an revamps.
Personally, I would love if they gave vampires back their power to fly around as bats, plant sims need more plan clothing styles, werewolves need some more wolf like legs and need tails, zombies need more "zombie like" like characteristics that don't stop when using stairs or interacting with sims, mermaids need tail whenever they are wet (like when it rains and they should be limited to bathtubs) and faires should be able to fly around other than in circles. I know that it will take some expansion packs to get them back, or maybe we should have to buy occults from the sims 4 store so that you can custom pick what occults you want and leave out those you don't.

Those are just some of my ideas, what do you fellow simmers think?

Comments

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have many ideas but i will start by what bugs me the most.

1 - Werewolfs

.Even trough the powers of werewolves in TS3 are ok, the look is just ridiculous, they dont have fur and they look like wolverine instead of a werewolf and i want it to be fixed so they be more wolf-like similar to the ones in Sims2.

2 - Vampires

.No freak sparkle,plz that is stupid, and i would like that they could turn into bats again and had coffins.

3 - Zombies

I just hate that they are atached to a moodlet, i would like that they were permanent again and could do normal interactions rather than just BRAIINS and BLARRRGH.

4 - Aliens - They are fine, but i like the skin from sims2 better.

5 - Genies

I think that the default ones should be purple isntead of blue again and that the controlable genies should have more powers.

6 - Imaginary Friends -

I want that instead of IF, we had just a non-imaginary toy sim.
    jr73Y.gif

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited March 2014
    Poshiepie89,

I think that most likely the occult we will have in the base game will be playable ghosts, much like the Sims 3. They'll probably be the only one in the base game, unless you count the cow plant, but that creature most likely won't be playable. It would be kind of pointless to, assuming it can't move.

I'd be surprised if playable ghost weren't the first occult to be included in the Sims 4. They are the one that makes the most sense to include in the base game.
    edited March 2014
    Damien

Ghosts are playable since TS2 Console and inserted in basegames since ever, so i can see they playable in basegame as an obvious inclusion.

But if the Easter Eggs means anything i would be very pleased with aliens included in basegame again.
    jr73Y.gif

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited March 2014
    Do you believe Werewolves should appear with the Pets expansion pack (like TS2), or would you prefer it to bring them with the Magic themed EP (like TS3)? (Myself I would prefer Werewolves coming with Pets, since that would make it easier to implement the possibility to transform into full wolves)
    Banner.png
  • Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would be fine if the only occult was wizard/witches, but they were done so amazingly, and spectacularly, that it is the only one that is needed in the game. I would want covens, a much larger variety of spells, many different potions (especially a sim POLYJUICE POTIONS >:D), and pretty much anything they can think of to be put it, for one huge magic expansion.
    edited March 2014
    Do you believe Werewolves should appear with the Pets expansion pack (like TS2), or would you prefer it to bring them with the Magic themed EP (like TS3)? (Myself I would prefer Werewolves coming with Pets, since that would make it easier to implement the possibility to transform into full wolves)

I would prefer it in Pets or in other animal themed EP, i think that they would do it more justice than packing it together with a lot of other ocults.
    jr73Y.gif

edited March 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Damien

Ghosts are playable since TS2 Console and inserted in basegames since ever, so i can see they playable in basegame as an obvious inclusion.

But if the Easter Eggs means anything i would be very pleased with aliens included in basegame again.

True, I didn't know about them being playable in the console version of the Sims 2 through. I thought it wasn't until the Sims 3 that ghosts became playable.

I have a feeling we won't get aliens in the Sims 4 base game, but who knows.

Some people have also speculated based on one of the Easter eggs in the trailer that we might be getting vampires in the base game and that Bella Goth might turn out to be one.
    edited March 2014

I would prefer that playable dragons be the new occult in a Sims 4 pets expansion pack, and I also wouldn't want the werewolves to turn into full wolves. I think that's kind of lame. I'd prefer something like the werewolves in the Sims 3, only maybe a tiny bit more wolf like. That could easily be accomplished with some special werewolf makeup, and claws for their feet.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2014
    All i really want are are aliens and ghosts, pretty much like the sims 2.

Ghosts in 3 weren't that scary. I liked how in 2, ghosts would scare sims (killing them sometimes) and possess objects around the house, and were just creepier, and more ghostly. I'd like them to tone down a bit on the colors. In 2 they were a dull, more transparent color, again, more ghostly. If they make them playable again, at least give them more options to interact with objects and sims. That'd be fun.

As far as aliens, I'd pretty much like it to be like the sims 2. Abduct male sims, impregnate them, ect. In 3, those alien powers just were weird and not very fun, to me anyways. I also liked (in 2) reading the allusions to the alien lifestyle that's structured like a bee hive. The Pollination Technicians. Loved that.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    At best we'll get ghosts and ailiens basegame but its more likely we'll only get ghosts. What i really want is things like Minotaur,Gorgons etc from greek and roman myth .
    edited March 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    Damien

True, I didn't know about them being playable in the console version of the Sims 2 through. I thought it wasn't until the Sims 3 that ghosts became playable.

Some people have also speculated based on one of the Easter eggs in the trailer that we might be getting vampires in the base game and that Bella Goth might turn out to be one.

Actually i said that Ghosts were in basegame since beguining, but they became playable since TS2 console.
    jr73Y.gif

• manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm hoping they improve the supernaturals from the past generations, and lose the ridiculous-ness they had going on in TS3. I'll keep this short.

Ghosts should be in the BG (have they said anything about it yet?). No more glowy, color explosion hot mess, please. Keep things simple, go back to the basics when ghosts were phantom (but not too transparent) and fainted-colored. I personally feel they shouldn't hover/fly, and they should be a bit creepy this time around.

Vampires. While I'm not a fan of typical Dracula-type vampires, I'm definitely not a sparkly dark fairy fan either. Vampires should be cold-blooded killers (okay, maybe not killers), with a great power to seduce their preys. They shouldn't need to "ask for permission" before feeding off a sim's blood. I don't really care about coffins, bat transformations, and no reflection either. They do need to burn in the sunlight, and have the ability to run much faster than a regular sim. Cold or hot temperatures won't affect them, and are immune to humanly diseases. Can we get red eyes back, though? At least when they're feeding. Pale/lifeless skin is a must, imo.

Werewolves. Werewolves will have the human form, the anthro form, and the feral form for the leader of the pack. Yes, they need to be able to form real packs this time. Anthro form should have wolf-like features on the face, claws, a tail, digi legs, and fullbody fur. The leader of the pack will be able to transform into an actual wolf. Fur Patterns need to be as customizable as they were in TS3 Pets EP, for both animal forms. And lastly, their bite can kill a vampire over a period of time unless treated by a witch (nevermind this last sentence; no assassination).

Were-other. I've seen some people wanting this, and I personally think it's cool so I thought I'd add it here. Basically, other types of anthropomorphic animals that will be able to join a leader of a pack werewolf (only werewolves can form packs). These types of anthros can't be leader of any pack, only be a member of one. This would include foxes(red fox, fennecs, etc; mostly a recolor thing), bigcat anthros (from leopards to tigers to lions; mostly just a pattern differentiation), to maybe even bunny people, or lizards.

Witches. The manipulators of the natural elements. Weather controllers, alchemists, and spell-casters. Let them be able to form group rituals. They hold the knowledge for supernatural cures, or turning potions.

Mermaids. I personally would enjoy something similar to <a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef016766cbd6c9970b-pi">this</a>(from the documentary Mermaids: The Body Found by Discovery Channel), but I wouldn't mind a typical mermaid either. I just want some different types of tail options. Not all of us like scaly tails. Some marine mammal-like tails would be nice. Mermaids will be able to turn human, but be forced to go back to mermaid form when wet. If they're on land while wet, then they'd have to crawl on the floor until dried up. They can make any desired sim fall in love with their siren singing.

Elves/Winged Elves (fairies). Mischievous little creatures of the forests. Some will have wings, some won't. Or at least make them have concealable wings, if they all end up having wings. They were a nice addition in TS3, though I would have wanted them to be able to actually fly. Not to crazy about the glitter, personally, so I would like that to be an option. I think I would like more "realistic" flutter sounds and dragonfly wing design, as an addition.

Aliens. Can you make them interesting this time (in a visual sense)? Maybe they could use the teen sim body mesh as their adult mesh, that way they can be smaller than an adult sim. Could give them 3 fingers and one thumb, and 2 or 3 toes, and digi legs (digi legs not necessary). Large almond shaped eyes are nice, but you could give them a cranial shape similar to the <a href="http://31.media.tumblr.com/cf1eeb1f7f44103be4c6796756d3f7ca/tumblr_n0n5aisWVK1qbu5v5o1_500.png">Grand CouncilWoman</a> from Lilo & Stitch. Some skin patterns and more than one skin color would be nice (blue, green, purple).

And last on my list will be Androids/Plumbots. I loved them in the ITF EP, and I'd love for them to make a comeback in TS4.

Supernatural sims can't hold themselves back on full moons. Vampires will have an ever-lasting thirst, werewolves will be forced to turn, mermaids will be forced to turn, etc. Full moons don't have an effect on witches, besides from the fact that they'll be more powerful during that time. And it won't have an effect on aliens and androids.

Reason I didn't include any other supernatural, is because I don't mind how they're made; doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing them though!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    Damien

Actually i said that Ghosts were in basegame since beguining, but they became playable since TS2 console.

Okay, but that's exactly what I thought you said. Maybe you misunderstood me. If so, sorry about that.
  • poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2014
    manii24 wrote:
    Mermaids. I personally would enjoy something similar to <a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef016766cbd6c9970b-pi">this</a>(from the documentary Mermaids: The Body Found by Discovery Channel), but I wouldn't mind a typical mermaid either. I just want some different types of tail options. Not all of us like scaly tails. Some marine mammal-like tails would be nice. Mermaids will be able to turn human, but be forced to go back to mermaid form when wet. If they're on land while wet, then they'd have to crawl on the floor. They can make any desired sim fall in love with their singing

Yes to all of this
    edited March 2014
    manii24 wrote:
    Mermaids. I personally would enjoy something similar to <a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef016766cbd6c9970b-pi">this</a>(from the documentary Mermaids: The Body Found by Discovery Channel), but I wouldn't mind a typical mermaid either. I just want some different types of tail options. Not all of us like scaly tails. Some marine mammal-like tails would be nice. Mermaids will be able to turn human, but be forced to go back to mermaid form when wet. If they're on land while wet, then they'd have to crawl on the floor. They can make any desired sim fall in love with their singing

Yes to all of this

I don't really like that idea. I'd rather have mermaids like in the Sims 3 Island paradise, only no scales on their legs when they're on land. I would also like the ability to create them in CAS, instead of having to use cheat codes if you don't want to earn the lifetime happiness points to buy mermatic kelp.
    edited March 2014
    manii24 wrote:
    Vampires. While I'm not a fan of typical Dracula-type vampires, I'm definitely not a sparkly dark fairy fan either. Vampires should be cold-blooded killers (okay, maybe not killers), with a great power to seduce their preys. They shouldn't need to "ask for permission" before feeding off a sim's blood. I don't really care about coffins, bat transformations, and no reflection either. They do need to burn in the sunlight, and have the ability to run much faster than a regular sim. Cold or hot temperatures won't affect them, and are immune to humanly diseases. Can we get red eyes back, though? At least when they're feeding. Pale/lifeless skin is a must, imo.

Werewolves. Werewolves will have the human form, the anthro form, and the feral form for the leader of the pack. Yes, they need to be able to form real packs this time. Anthro form should have wolf-like features on the face, claws, a tail, digi legs, and fullbody fur. The leader of the pack will be able to transform into an actual wolf. Fur Patterns need to be as customizable as they were in TS3 Pets EP, for both animal forms. And lastly, their bite can kill a vampire over a period of time unless treated by a witch.

Were-other. I've seen some people wanting this, and I personally think it's cool so I thought I'd add it here. Basically, other types of anthropomorphic animals that will be able to join a leader of a pack werewolf (only werewolves can form packs). These types of anthros can't be leader of any pack, only be a member of one. This would include foxes(red fox, fennecs, etc; mostly a recolor thing), bigcat anthros (from leopards to tigers to lions; mostly just a pattern differentiation), to maybe even bunny people, or lizards.

First off with the vampires, we don't want to make them too creepy, and given the nature of the Sims games, it probably isn't a good idea to set them up so that any one who plays one has to play an evil sim. Also you could argue that sims vampires have mind control abilities in the sims 3 that they use to manipulate other sims, that sort of makes them parasites. Them asking for "permission" is kind of meaningless in a way, if they can control minds. It basically means that they can manipulate other sims into giving them what they want, practically against their will without them even realizing it.

As for the werewolves, I think it would probably be best if its just werewolves and not other were-creatures. EA is only going to be able to include a limited number of sims on each map to make sure it works on as many machines as possible. Also I would prefer that EA just work more on the anthro-form instead of adding an unnecessary third full wolf form. As for their bite killing other sims, that might be a bit too brutal for a sims game. Remember its supposed to be teen rated game, and the Sims has always been somewhat cartoonish.
    edited March 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    manii24 wrote:

Yes to all of this

I don't really like that idea. I'd rather have mermaids like in the Sims 3 Island paradise, only no scales on their legs when they're on land. I would also like the ability to create them in CAS, instead of having to use cheat codes if you don't want to earn the lifetime happiness points to buy mermatic kelp.

Honestly, the mermaids on IP were so limited, I feel they surrendered and gave us them just to shut us up. Wouldn't you want mermaids to have more than one tail option to choose from? And have some "magical power" (siren singing in this case) like every other supernatural, instead of being a basic crusty-legged sim that likes to eat raw fish? Seriously, can you imagine those scaly legs when dry? :lol: (I know you're against scaly legs too)

The crawling on the floor when wet was just a little extra I would personally kill in order to get. I thought it could give them more personality, just like the siren singing that attracts other sims and makes them fall in love (at least temporarily).

I do agree about being able to create them on CAS. Hopefully we're able to make all supernaturals on CAS this time.
    edited March 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    First off with the vampires, we don't want to make them too creepy, and given the nature of the Sims games, it probably isn't a good idea to set them up so that any one who plays one has to play an evil sim. Also you could argue that sims vampires have mind control abilities in the sims 3 that they use to manipulate other sims, that sort of makes them parasites. Them asking for "permission" is kind of meaningless in a way, if they can control minds. It basically means that they can manipulate other sims into giving them what they want, practically against their will without them even realizing it.

As for the werewolves, I think it would probably be best if its just werewolves and not other were-creatures. EA is only going to be able to include a limited number of sims on each map to make sure it works on as many machines as possible. Also I would prefer that EA just work more on the anthro-form instead of adding an unnecessary third full wolf form. As for their bite killing other sims, that might be a bit too brutal for a sims game. Remember its supposed to be teen rated game, and the Sims has always been somewhat cartoonish.

Vampires in TS2 had red eyes, pale skin, drank blood, and burned in the sun. Only thing I'm asking for here is for them to be a little more seductive in order to be able to be able to feed off their prey more easily. Vampires are known for being very romantic and seductive. Being manipulative doesn't equal evil :)

As for the werewolves, the "unnecessary third full wolf form" would be nothing more and nothing less than a typical dog with a wolf appearance. It's how the sims in TS2 turned into a werewolf, in the first place. I agree with the bite however, I got a little too carried away there. And reason I mentioned the other were-creatures, was because I had seen other people talk about it, and I thought it would have been a good idea. Of course we can always use CC for those, but I thought writing down the thought wouldn't hurt. :P
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited March 2014
    Do you also have ideas to prevent the Werewolf faces like in TS3?

Here's mine: In Werewolf form the normal human face should be replaced by a wolf one, of which the varying shape differences (bigger eyes, smaller ears) is based the human face.
    Banner.png
    edited March 2014
    I made a quick sketch thing (that took me forever), just because I had never really drawn too many mermaids before and I wanted to doodle around with it. Here is some of the physical features I would like them to have. I didn't go with the Discovery channel mermaid because, while I'm okay with a full body marine mammal-like mermaid, I wouldn't be okay with a full body scaled one. The thought of it just sounds uncomfortable. I don't even know why I said that because you can't really see that in a drawing :lol: I would definitely like if they could have some sort of gills "tattoo" on their necks, though (not shown in the masterpiece below).

Anyways, the first 3 are the fishy ones, while the last two are the mammalish ones. I really like the two sets of fins, besides the main tail fin, on the lower body. They're also supposed to have a dorsal-like one, but on their butt. They also have pronounced finger webbings and a fin thing on the outer part of their hand/lower half of the arm (similar to that movie about the mermaid boy). The fishy mermaids have fishy fins, while the mammalish mermaids have mammalish fins (although I failed to show that on the arm fins, oops). Bear with me, guys, I haven't slept in 23 hours. Anyways, I think it adds more personality.

mermaids_doodle_by_kaiikaze-d7arwo2.png

http://fav.me/d7arwo2

P.S. Yes, my name is actually Kai, not Mani :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2014
    The only ones I like or want in my game is the Imaginary Friend, Pure Aliens, do like the way they look now, not the ones people make.
    I also like the Into the Future Robots and plumbots or what ever they are called. Maybe fairies if they were different, wings different. little people elfs. yes that would be nice. Even if they had no powers, would be nice to play with a elf town. Where you could even check off humans only elfs in the town. Fantasy. Would like another Lunar Lakes town, only better with bigger lots and no cars. wish you could check off cars. I like towns without cars. want to be able to remove roads.
    oops sorry I got off subject
  • MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Fairies have become one of my favourite occults in The Sims series since they were introduced, however there are still some things to improve/add.

Fairies should be able to fly anywhere, not just glide across the pavement with a new walk style. I'd like for them to use pixie dust on objects and to see effects of this, maybe with objects floating or glowing, or maybe even sprouting shoots or flowers if it's made of wood. In addition to all the skills they have now, I'd also like them to be able to influence dreams with pixie dust, maybe they could sprinkle over sleeping sims and choose what kind of dream they have.

Other Sims should be able to approach fairies for help or tasks. Perhaps they could bless them or ask them to tidy the house (with fairy magic of course) in exchange or honey or golden thread.
    Mara_Faerie.jpg

Or maybe have wagons and sell potion ingredients like in Makin Magic.
    edited March 2014
    MattjamHo wrote:
    Fairies have become one of my favourite occults in The Sims series since they were introduced, however there are still some things to improve/add.

Fairies should be able to fly anywhere, not just glide across the pavement with a new walk style. I'd like for them to use pixie dust on objects and to see effects of this, maybe with objects floating or glowing, or maybe even sprouting shoots or flowers if it's made of wood. In addition to all the skills they have now, I'd also like them to be able to influence dreams with pixie dust, maybe they could sprinkle over sleeping sims and choose what kind of dream they have.

Other Sims should be able to approach fairies for help or tasks. Perhaps they could bless them or ask them to tidy the house (with fairy magic of course) in exchange or honey or golden thread.
    Mara_Faerie.jpg

Or maybe have wagons and sell potion ingredients like in Makin Magic.

I actually like the way those wings look better than the ones in the Sims 3. I'd like my fairies to have wings like those only bigger.
    edited March 2014
    manii24 wrote:
    I made a quick sketch thing (that took me forever), just because I had never really drawn too many mermaids before and I wanted to doodle around with it. Here is some of the physical features I would like them to have. I didn't go with the Discovery channel mermaid because, while I'm okay with a full body marine mammal-like mermaid, I wouldn't be okay with a full body scaled one. The thought of it just sounds uncomfortable. I don't even know why I said that because you can't really see that in a drawing :lol: I would definitely like if they could have some sort of gills "tattoo" on their necks, though (not shown in the masterpiece below).

Anyways, the first 3 are the fishy ones, while the last two are the mammalish ones. I really like the two sets of fins, besides the main tail fin, on the lower body. They're also supposed to have a dorsal-like one, but on their butt. They also have pronounced finger webbings and a fin thing on the outer part of their hand/lower half of the arm (similar to that movie about the mermaid boy). The fishy mermaids have fishy fins, while the mammalish mermaids have mammalish fins (although I failed to show that on the arm fins, oops). Bear with me, guys, I haven't slept in 23 hours. Anyways, I think it adds more personality.

mermaids_doodle_by_kaiikaze-d7arwo2.png

I feel like we must be kindred spirits lol!
    edited March 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Poshiepie89,

I think that most likely the occult we will have in the base game will be playable ghosts, much like the Sims 3. They'll probably be the only one in the base game, unless you count the cow plant, but that creature most likely won't be playable. It would be kind of pointless to, assuming it can't move.

I'd be surprised if playable ghost weren't the first occult to be included in the Sims 4. They are the one that makes the most sense to include in the base game.

I feel the same way. and yes, i wouldn't really count the Cow Plant as an Occult, unless it hopped around in it's planter, which would be epic lol. it would be cool if Aliens came with the basegame too, but it's unlikely.