Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims live in your world?

Using master controller i found out that there are 476 sims in my world...and 373 are single. :shock:

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2014
    I once had over 4000. Something was going on with patches, mods, removing mods, upgrading mods. I had just got the game and guess I didn't quite know what I was doing. Once I realized the game took forever to save because I had over 4000 sims I used Master Controller to get rid of all the homeless, or maybe it was Overwatch. Took over 30 minutes.

I still play that neighborhood which now has about 250 total sims as far as I can tell, ~200 of which are single. That seems low to me, but I need the empty houses so I'm not complaining.
  • SimulationdudeSimulationdude Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2014
    Whoa 4000 sims!
    With the sims and vampires together i have 678 sims.
    edited March 2014
    anyone else? :-o
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think last time I checked in one of my worlds I had just under 300 including pets, etc.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    I've got less than 100 in Winfield and three households I switch between.There's about 60 Sims in Oak Leaf and I play two households there and I've got about the same in Gibsons and also play two households there.I started Oak Leaf recently and it's a fairly new game and the others are also recent games and all are custom worlds I made with CAW and they all start unpopulated or empty.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited March 2014
    A lot :D
    edited March 2014
    I am trying to boost the number of children in my world. I've added alot of extra buildings in my world. There are 4 schools.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't figured out how to check my population. :?
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited March 2014
    I haven't figured out how to check my population. :?
    All you need is this-
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
    Once you installed that mom you click on your city/town hall and click NRAAS/Master Controller/Demographics/Population/Type of Sim (And)
    There you have it :wink:
  • FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am trying to boost the number of children in my world. I've added alot of extra buildings in my world. There are 4 schools.

I don't think the number of schools matter like they do in SimCity. Have you tried Twallan's Story Progression yet? The EA one doesn't really function like it should.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    I meant to look this up last night and report back but I forgot!! I'll try to remember tonight.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have less than a hundred. It's so few that my sim has to "borrow" a married man so she could have a baby, before she gets to old to have one.
    edited March 2014
    Wow. The Sims 3 generally populated by world a lot.
    edited March 2014
    Flashygrrl wrote:

I don't think the number of schools matter like they do in SimCity. Have you tried Twallan's Story Progression yet? The EA one doesn't really function like it should.
    I have never tried that. Thank you for the recommendation!
    I hope the Sims 4 is more like simcity. I admire-
    1. How the traffic is
    2. The population
    3. The graphics
    4. you can take a bus, the school bus goes around the city and its more realistic
    5. I hate Create-a-world.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2014
    487 sims!
    ... think it time i turn up the limit, it really doesnt matter how much sims i have.. it more of i have enough houses for them.

also two schools i find is needed, i play in evansdale and it helps a lot.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, after 9 weeks and 5 days in Barnacle Bay, I'm in the 3rd generation of my family. There are 49 Households, 88 Service, and 22 Homeless sims.
  • dodow1234dodow1234 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Im at moonlight falls right now and currently there are 269 sims in my town. Most of them either married or engage though, since I use nraas story progression, so my townies actively looking for spouse themself :mrgreen: .
    edited March 2014
    When i get a chance i will definitely get the story progression mod.
    edited March 2014
    I got story progression-and i like it very much.
    This was unfortunate-
    I made my sister in The Sims 3 and then a in-game day later i got a notification that said-
    [her name] has started dating Christopher Sargent after being friends for a while....
    Christopher Sargent household funds=50,000 simoleons
    My household funds=6,000 simoleons
    Noooooo :(
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2014
    I live in their world, so...
    edited March 2014
    turistas9 wrote:
    487 sims!
    ... think it time i turn up the limit, it really doesnt matter how much sims i have.. it more of i have enough houses for them.

also two schools i find is needed, i play in evansdale and it helps a lot.
    I might need 3- Sometimes students are just standing outside of school.