Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new item cookie jar

I just been on Sims Vip and the Gurus have posted a picture of a cookie jar, hinting that we could be getting a bakery.

Comments

• FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    Here's hoping :) I quite like the jar just as a décor item for a kitchen too. Today I am easily pleased.
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    edited March 2014
    I really hope they can take a cookie out of the Jar and eat it.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited March 2014
    I too would hope that we can use the cookies jar. Tired of useless decor be nice if they could put the cookies that they make inside the jar for the sims kids. Glad you like it I hope it works. I won't waste my money if you want to go ahead.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love the new cookie jar even if it's just a "décor item"!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited March 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

I do too. I have always wanted kitchen or café décor and this would be a great addition. But I have also always wanted the bakery and I am hoping that this is the tie in from the harvestables that were in the last set. I wonder, if it is for a bakery, what will be included in the set? So many questions!
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited March 2014
    This cookie jar pic was first posted in the thread about our favorite decor items. I would assume the location of the post in that thread was specifically to show the item is a decor item.

But it also hints at the next set/venue being a bakery. :D
  • poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would love love love it if the cookie jar was a PC item, but if we are going in a kitchen themed set, my vote would be for a tea set like from Makin' Magic! But, I buy everything from the store anyway so I'll get whatever it is! My plan is to continue playing Sims 3 until the sims 4 releases their Pets expansion pack so keep dishing out store content Gurus, I've yet to be unimpressed by anything you have given us! :)
  • SupernaturalStarSupernaturalStar Posts: 224
    edited March 2014
    If the cookie jar is a usable item and not just décor, I really hope they make it where the Child Stage can use it, too. It still annoys me a little that my child stage sims can't use the microwave to make a hot dog when my real life 7-year-old niece can. And the sim kids definitely look older than that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    Simguru Tater tot mentioned it was an edible decor item meaning our sims will be able to eat the cookies.
  • GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2014
    candy8 wrote:
    I too would hope that we can use the cookies jar. Tired of useless decor be nice if they could put the cookies that they make inside the jar for the sims kids. Glad you like it I hope it works. I won't waste my money if you want to go ahead.

I always hope for as many interactions as possible with any set or venue,if this item is purely décor though or if indeed the entire set was that wouldn't necessarily make it a waste of money. If people are happy to pay for décor only items that's as valid as you or anyone else not wanting to pay for it,it's all subjective.

Fingers crossed there's a good mix of PC and non-PC stuff to keep as many happy as possible.

Baked goods,eep <3
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • WaltzDreamsWaltzDreams Posts: 329 Member
    edited March 2014
    I really hope they can take a cookie out of the Jar and eat it.
    That would be really cute; I hope so too. I would love to see kids sneak in and "steal" cookies when they think their parents aren't looking. :mrgreen:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Ditto :mrgreen:

And it's not wasting points to me.. Technically anyone spending money on things they don't need is a waste of money. Example: Pixelated items for a video game. :wink:
    Thankfully saved up free points from the ads can really help save a buck. I most likely will buy this with my free points earned. Supposedly the ads should be world wide now.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm more than happy to pay for a cookie jar that is only decorative. Sure it is nice to have pieces that my sims can interact with, but every item that has new interactions introduces loads more programming code which may not mesh well with existing code and leads to glitches. Computer programs can be such fickle things sometimes. People get far more up-in-arms when things break, so I understand that the store team has to really think about what they want to add as premium content. I like to fill my world with as much flavor as I can, even if I can't actually see my sims enjoy it all.
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2014
    Maybe I need to research my sims 1 or 2 games, but didn't we used to have a cookie jar. in one of those games.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• melonchaimelonchai Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2014
    Simguru Tater tot mentioned it was an edible decor item meaning our sims will be able to eat the cookies.

I hope this isn't like the "portable easel" from the art venue.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    Quote from Simguru Tatertot

SimGuruTatertot @SimGuruTatertot
    Follow
    Edible decor! #nomz RT @SimGuruCopeland Here's a sneak peak of one of my new favs coming soon!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2014
    Does anyone else just love to build and decorate kitchens as much as I do? I was decorating one tonight and instead of putting a thing of cupcakes in the corner, I really wanted to add the cookie jar.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited March 2014
    I sincerely hope if the cookie jar cookies are edible, that they are NOT autonomous, and NOT "fun" to eat -- because then the cookie jar will be as much of a problem as the ice cream maker and deep fryer. And then it won't be decor at all, because I will not be able to leave it on the counter or my sims will all be fat.

Please store team -- do not make this autonomous. Do not make it "fun."

And don't allow cookies to spoil in the inventory. I don't want any other bakery goods to spoil in the inventory, either.

I'm a bit worried, now. How is this all going to be implemented in a way that won't cause problems for my playable sims (and unplayable sims).
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    melonchai wrote:

I hope this isn't like the "portable easel" from the art venue.

Hmm, now, I am confused, because you got a point there with the "portable easel"...
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I sincerely hope if the cookie jar cookies are edible, that they are NOT autonomous, and NOT "fun" to eat -- because then the cookie jar will be as much of a problem as the ice cream maker and deep fryer. And then it won't be decor at all, because I will not be able to leave it on the counter or my sims will all be fat.

And don't allow cookies to spoil in the inventory. I don't want any other bakery goods to spoil in the inventory, either.

I'm a bit worried, now. How is this all going to be implemented in a way that won't cause problems for my playable sims (and unplayable sims).

Hmm, I'm not sure how it will be implemented, but to have a functional bakery, a sim would need to purchase the sweet first and not autonomously eat them.

So, I'm guessing and hoping that this is the case, because like you mentioned, the fryer and ice cream machine suffer from that.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2014
    Does anyone else just love to build and decorate kitchens as much as I do? I was decorating one tonight and instead of putting a thing of cupcakes in the corner, I really wanted to add the cookie jar.

I am sure the cookie jar will look better than the cupcakes.
    edited March 2014

Absolutely! That's what I was saying in a prior post-I have always wanted more kitchen décor and this will be a wonderful addition. I hope it's connected to a bakery but either way I am glad for the item. Decorating kitchens has always been one of my favorite parts of building in the game. Of course, I'm not good at it-I just love to do it!!
    edited March 2014
    Maybe I need to research my sims 1 or 2 games, but didn't we used to have a cookie jar. in one of those games.

Hi Dragon-That's a good question. I can't recall if they did or not.
  • FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    amjoie wrote:

Ditto this. I loved the idea of the ice cream maker and deep fryer in reality they were nothing but a pain. If you don't line up a full schedule of actions then sims are pigging out on ice cream or fried goods. I feel like a feeder putting those in my sims' kitchens. It's such a waste of a good idea. Please don't do this, please.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2014
    amjoie wrote:

I'd be more than happy for the cookie jar to be decorative only, for these very reasons. If you're going to give us all these addictive sweets and food producing items at least throw us a new exercise machine every once in a while. :wink:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.