Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 12 March; End 8 April?

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    APotts wrote:
    Me1620 wrote:
    @Alli - Great CYS calculator for people to use.

Thanks, I think I have a system that will allow more people to use it at the same time (maybe), but it will need to wait until I have some free time to work on it more. I just know that CYS w/sale discounts can be a hard thing to wrap your mind around, and I wanted to try and help others, because I remember how hard it was for me to figure out.
    Excellent! I'll try to keep track of this and when you're happy it's sorted I'll put a link on the front page so we don't lose it.

Don't think I've said it on this rotation yet; but the way these threads have brought so many skilled people together to help everyone get the best out of this game that we love is just truly awesome.

EDIT: I downloaded the calculator to my PC and it tells me I should get Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection for just 180sp when it comes round on the DD! Result! :mrgreen:

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited March 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    Island Compilation sold out in 4 minutes during the first cycle. The two deals that followed sold out early: one in 95 minutes and one in 15 minutes.

Glitter and Glam Bedroom is one of my favourite bedroom sets.

Yikes that is quick! Completely forgot about the surf set in between, think it's very likely to go fast too. Thanks for those times, really helpful to know what sort of timing to expect.
    Better stick the kettle on again, will need to hang around.
  • Options
    FluffyFlameyFluffyFlamey Posts: 395 Member
    edited March 2014
    The only sets left that I really want are Loads of Laundry and Boho Vintage Women's Collection. They are both next to each other, so if I miss both of them I will probably cry. :cry::cry::cry: I missed them last time so I hope it's not going to happen again
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited March 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Me1620 wrote:

Thanks, I think I have a system that will allow more people to use it at the same time (maybe), but it will need to wait until I have some free time to work on it more. I just know that CYS w/sale discounts can be a hard thing to wrap your mind around, and I wanted to try and help others, because I remember how hard it was for me to figure out.
    Excellent! I'll try to keep track of this and when you're happy it's sorted I'll put a link on the front page so we don't lose it.

Don't think I've said it on this rotation yet; but the way these threads have brought so many skilled people together to help everyone get the best out of this game that we love is just truly awesome.

EDIT: I downloaded the calculator to my PC and it tells me I should get Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection for just 180sp when it comes round on the DD! Result! :mrgreen:

I am still learning how to use google docs, but when I tried downloading it to excel all my formulas disappeared. How did you go about downloading it? If it can be done without losing the formulas that could be a solution.

PS: if for some reason Surf's up isn't 180sp, let me know. I testing the calculator enough that I feel confident that it will give the correct outcome, but just in case. :XD:
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi guys,

Just a quick visit, has to be now I had 8 pages or more to read! :D

To answer a few points people have raised.

1. Yes I am also getting low on simpoints. Really really low. I think I have enough to get a few CYS - heavily reduced) sets yet, just wish I was able to get more than 20pts a day from the ad's. But I have gained some really cool stuff. :)

2. Yes the Bambi term really seems to work and it is nice that people are using it for new additions. Would love it to be added to the accepted terms on page one, but that is down to Ajaxpost I guess. I'm just here to provide light relief and maybe a little help! ;)

3. Thanx for the comments on the new avatar. I wanted to stand out more although my face is a little more 'horse' than 'plate'.

4. OE taking over right now, and my big targets are a way off so will be on less. Being management means they kind of expect me to turn up and sort things out. ;) I wish you all luck in achieving your DD goals. :)
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited March 2014
    comp is mine!

and got May 2011 Compilation free!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2014
    Island Escape sold out with like 1:58:44 left on the clock.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yes, got Island Escape for 100 with CYS and wow that was quick!
  • Options
    lebreelebree Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2014
    Coffe Bean Hipster Loft went the whole 2hrs.
    Island Escape Compliation sold out with 1:57 remaining.
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited March 2014
    wow - Island Escape Compilation went in a blink, hope everyone that wanted it was able to grab it. :D
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited March 2014

That was quick!!! Glad I put off dinner - managed to get it for FREE! :) Hope everyone else who wanted it was as lucky. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:

That was quick!!! Glad I put off dinner - managed to get it for FREE! :) Hope everyone else who wanted it was as lucky. :)

Highfive!

also check May 2011 Compilation
  • Options
    LaspyraLaspyra Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2014
    got island comp for like 435 because of cys woot!
  • Options
    t4dbirdst4dbirds Posts: 265 Member
    edited March 2014
    Sabrosa wrote:
    wow - Island Escape Compilation went in a blink, hope everyone that wanted it was able to grab it. :D

Almost missed stupid internet - some reason logged me out of sims 3. Managed to get logged in and click to the info page so I downloaded for free :)
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2014
    But that deception is this? I stayed for two hours waiting for one of the offers and when it would start automatically jumped to another page?
    Island Escape Compilation lasted less than 2 minutes?
  • Options
    Thaleya425Thaleya425 Posts: 15
    edited March 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:

Thanks for the tip, was able to finish off the May 2011 compilation for free. :D
  • Options
    lebreelebree Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2014
    APotts wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Me1620 wrote:

I am still learning how to use google docs, but when I tried downloading it to excel all my formulas disappeared. How did you go about downloading it? If it can be done without losing the formulas that could be a solution.

PS: if for some reason Surf's up isn't 180sp, let me know. I testing the calculator enough that I feel confident that it will give the correct outcome, but just in case. :XD:

Alli I also downloaded your calc and I downloaded mine to open with Open Office.....works great I had the choice to use MS Excel or Open Office or Adobe PDF..... I chose Open Office. Alternative to Excel I think.

BTW works great!
  • Options
    KebachetKebachet Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2014
    Aww, the Glitter and Glam bedroom is coming back up again. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed twice. xD I really wanted that set, but 6% just doesn't do it for me.
  • Options
    LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2014
    Kebachet wrote:
    Aww, the Glitter and Glam bedroom is coming back up again. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed twice. xD I really wanted that set, but 6% just doesn't do it for me.

I know the feeling. A small part of me is still hopeful that there will be a better discount on it, but I was warned not to get my hopes up. But still, a girl can hope!!

Its about the same little hope that keeps expecting that I might actually find a sponsor ad! *shakes her computer* Give me my free simpoints!!
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2014
    t4dbirds wrote:
    Sabrosa wrote:

Almost missed stupid internet - some reason logged me out of sims 3. Managed to get logged in and click to the info page so I downloaded for free :)

The site can time out, what I do when I am waiting for something is to log out and then log in a few minutes before the item is due to come up.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    if you by the set on DD and wait for the set and cas to come up you might just get it free
  • Options
    KebachetKebachet Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2014
    Lokanya wrote:
    Kebachet wrote:

I know the feeling. A small part of me is still hopeful that there will be a better discount on it, but I was warned not to get my hopes up. But still, a girl can hope!!

Its about the same little hope that keeps expecting that I might actually find a sponsor ad! *shakes her computer* Give me my free simpoints!!

Same here, we can hope! xD I've thankfully been lucky with the sponsor adds today though, maybe I'll splurge and buy it for myself anyhow, just to have something new to play with.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thaleya425 wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:

Thanks for the tip, was able to finish off the May 2011 compilation for free. :D

The Full Tiki set is also included in Best of 2010 Collection.
    Since you finished off May 2011 Compilation, check out Blast from the Past as both include Mid-Century Fantasy.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2014
    Which pages are you finding the ads on. I keep flipping through as many store pages as I can.... is there a better way to find them? (Though it might be, because I'm Canadian that they don't like me...)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    APotts wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:

Hi Alli,

yeah, just as Lesa did I used the GoogleDocs Download as and saved it to Excel. It does stuff when I type in my numbers and I'm assuming they're right :-)

EDIT: I've got Excel 2013 now, but I've downloaded Jodi's spreadsheet before to Excel 2007 and that was fine.