Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Warning about the Advanced Art Training Opportunity

This is just a warning for anyone whose sim is in the art appraiser career.

My sim is a master forger, and along the way to getting there, he completed the advanced art training opportunity offered through the career's rabbithole. I've found that, when completing the stage of the opportunity that lets you paint brilliant paintings on command, and again when completing the stage that lets you paint masterpieces on command, my sim loses one of his six traits, dropping to a total of 5. He doesn't lose his rebel influence trait; he loses one of the standard traits. He lost "excitable" both times.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this same experience, or if it's just me.

I don't know why this happens, but without a doubt, it happens to me immediately upon completing these opportunities. I assume that a sim with only five traits will not drop any traits, but since you need to be at level 10 rebel influence to even get the art appraiser job, chances are your sim will have at least 6 traits, 7 if they have a degree. With mods, you can easily just give the trait back to your sim using Master Controller. Without mods, I assume that you can use the "midlife crisis" reward to add the trait back, but I haven't actually tried it.

I still love this opportunity chain, though - especially since I was able to fix the damage.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have a save going with a Sim in the Art Appraiser career -- I'll check it out. Do you have to be at the top of the career to get the opportunity? I could try and trigger it with Master Controller and see what happens.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited March 2014
    This might be a glitch. I don't recall that happening to my sim when she was in that career.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Aha! This explains a lot! I am playing an ultimate sim challenge and I was wondering why my sim had less traits at a certain point. That was way after completing the advanced art thingy, so this must be where it happened!
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    As always, be sure to check when a thread was last active before joining the conversation. This one's a little over 5 years old now so I am going to close it.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top