Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my sims 3 pets deformed?..

2...Next

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    an1mallove wrote:
    i have the same problem its so anoying as i cant use the pets :( and i love animals but my deer are perfect

hi an1mallove and welcome

my hunch is your graphic card isnt up to the task. post specs to confirm

to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!
  • CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

I found a thread that might help you know which graphics cards are supported by TS3

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/400739.page

Hope that helps!
  • Rukia0908Rukia0908 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Mine is like that too. I've kinda got used to it but... no not really. have they made a patch and i just never got it???
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    Rukia0908 wrote:
    Mine is like that too. I've kinda got used to it but... no not really. have they made a patch and i just never got it???

hi Rukia0908 and welcome, so unfortunately issues related to Pets is a hardware based problem

so it is possible that changing in game graphics setting lower could help but sorry no patch can overcome any card related issues.

you may want to post specs to have reviewed.

good luck
  • robynkkrobynkk Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    My pets are deformed also and I downloaded the game from origin. What should I do?
  • iwillcupcakeiwillcupcake Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    lots of people have said that when they tried to play the sims 3 the pets were very deformed and they don't know what is happening and other have been saying it's a bug but it's not it really just your graphics card that might need updating now i don't know everything about what the man told me over the phone but if you would like to talk to a professional about this problem here is the australian phone number to EA

• iwillcupcakeiwillcupcake Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    robynkk wrote:
    My pets are deformed also and I downloaded the game from origin. What should I do?
    do you live in australia?
  • jellybeanz88jellybeanz88 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    Make sure your graphics card is supported. Chipset G31/33 are not compatible with the Pets expansion and threads have said that some people with certain Nvidia cards are also having trouble.

Thanks so much. :mrgreen: I was looking at my perfromance and tools and I fount out I have the Intel G33/31 Express chipset.:evil: Now I know why I have such bad graphics! :roll:
  • jaaazrochellejaaazrochelle Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    My computer isn't connected to the internet so when they fix it within 1-2 weeks do I have to connect to Internet for it to work, I'm getting exactly same problems as everyone else :cry:
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited March 2014
    My computer isn't connected to the internet so when they fix it within 1-2 weeks do I have to connect to Internet for it to work, I'm getting exactly same problems as everyone else :cry:

Yeah, that post about the fix in 1-2 weeks was posted years ago.
    It isn't happening. It isn't happening because a patch isn't going to fix an unsupported graphics card, that is yours to fix.
  • shuwen123456789shuwen123456789 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Ashcroft31 wrote:
    well it's starting to like the direct draw and the pixel shader is no longer reader the game language correctly,

so my advice to you for now check your graphics card vendor or where you get your drivers from for any known issues with your make and model of your card with any 3D gaming

so if you have say Nvidia then goto http://www.nvidia.com or if you have ATI then goto http://ati.amd.com

other than that try setting your graphics to performance rather than quality from the graphics card control center on your pc there and take it from there
    i dont really understand it can u do u mean i need to buy a new graphic card or something? im so mad at ea for lefting the animal deforming problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!