Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 7 Dec; Repeat 31 Jan

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    Welcome emmiemouse - great to have you join us here. Yep, checking sets and compilations is definitely a major part of deal stalking! CYS has certainly encouraged me to spend more time (and money!) in the Store :roll:
    APotts wrote:
    ... it can be difficult waiting for the sets we want to go on sale, but when they do and we get a good deal it really is worth the wait. :lol:
    Oh yes! Seeing that long waited for set come up for just tens of Simpoints or even Free is a real punch-the-air victory moment! :mrgreen:
  • emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Generally the first item of a set will have a greater price decrease than the rest of the items. For most items (anything after the first one) the price decrease of the set will only be 90% of the value of the items you buy. For more info refer to post two on the first page of this thread it will explain it better.[/quote]

Thanks Angeljess261! I didn't know there was math involved (bleh - hate math). :mrgreen: I just noticed that my price dropped enough to get the whole set at a significant reduction ...sometimes free! And who doesn't love free? ;)

Another "trick" that I stumbled upon was looking at which sets are part of a compilation and CYS that way. Between some random bits won with the Goodie Boxes and the sale last weekend, I landed Tip Top Toddlers and Kids 2010 for just 90 sim points! :) Never bought a single piece on its own. As my toddler would say "it was a gif from a Bob". :)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited March 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:
    I didn't know there was math involved (bleh - hate math). :mrgreen: I just noticed that my price dropped enough to get the whole set at a significant reduction ...sometimes free! And who doesn't love free? ;)

Another "trick" that I stumbled upon was looking at which sets are part of a compilation and CYS that way. Between some random bits won with the Goodie Boxes and the sale last weekend, I landed Tip Top Toddlers and Kids 2010 for just 90 sim points! :) Never bought a single piece on its own. As my toddler would say "it was a gif from a Bob". :)
    To learn more about CYS, check out this post on page one of the thread.

To expand on your "trick", when the Sales page is updated, it may be beneficial to go to the sets product page and check out the compilations, featured looks and combination sets that the sale set is a part of. If you know that a set, which is on sale, will be offered on the Daily Deal rotation during the period of the sale, waiting for the set to come up on the DD will lower the CYS price even more. (Read the "Stack Your Discount" section of the post on page one.)

Also, check for the domino effect from completing a compilation. Some compilations include sets that are a part of other compilations. If you complete a compilation, the CYS discount price may be reduced for other compilations. I usually pick one of the items in a set, open its product page and check out the sets and compilations listed on the bottom of the page by scrolling using the blue arrows.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    Bought the Bohemian garden, and its really nice (the g/f loves it). Bit baffled that you don't get a juicer for all these fruits, and as far as I can tell no new recipes!

It's a nice set but can't help feeling they have dropped the ball a bit on this one.

Do we even have juicers in the game? I don't have one but then again I only have half of the expansions.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited March 2014
    I got the new set too. I love the new harvestables and I've had one of my sims plant them. I should be able to harvest when I get back in game. I had to go out and do a visit. :shock: Sometimes OE interrupts my play time. I will see if any new food recipes pop up by putting them in my cooks inventory. The info page says 'unlock new recipes like strawberry nectar' A juicer would be super. Wonder why one of those smart guru's didn't think of that? Or maybe the nectar machine is just a giant juicer?

I'm wish they had put in a few male outfits. Since doing the stylist career I really realize how poor some of the outfits are. I pretty much just pick the same few favorites and just recolor parts to suit the sim. I did put one of my fella's in the long-john pj's and he looked kinda simxy in them. :lol::lol:
  • pangolin22pangolin22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited March 2014
    So I completed Ultra Lounge 2010 and Best of 2010 for 115 points. :) I feel like I did well. Now once Jimboola gets his Serenity Retreat I will gladly join the chorus of those wishing for this rotation to change!
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks to previous purchases and the goodie boxes, I ended up getting Ultra Lounge 2010 and Best of 2010 free. Yahoo!
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited March 2014
    pangolin22 wrote:
    So I completed Ultra Lounge 2010 and Best of 2010 for 115 points. :) I feel like I did well. Now once Jimboola gets his Serenity Retreat I will gladly join the chorus of those wishing for this rotation to change!
    Same here! Finished them both for 135 points! I've been excited to finish them, haha.
    edited March 2014
    Hollerama wrote:
    pangolin22 wrote:
    Same here! Finished them both for 135 points! I've been excited to finish them, haha.

Same as you guys. I got the green download for UL 2010 and Best of 2010. That was almost 60 free items plus 40 items. Around 100 free items is a good deal I think! :mrgreen:

And to think my g/f says I'm rubbish at shopping!!! 8)

Lovely Jubbly! :D

Now to bag that Serenity Retreat (yeahhh bayybeyyyy) and we can start a new rotation that starts with a half-price world. :thumbup:
  • GeorgaholicGeorgaholic Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Now to bag that Serenity Retreat (yeahhh bayybeyyyy) and we can start a new rotation that starts with a half-price world. :thumbup:

Serenity Retreat is hoving into view!!! :D
    Can the half-price world be Midnight Hollow or Roaring Heights???
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:

Serenity Retreat is hoving into view!!! :D
    Can the half-price world be Midnight Hollow or Roaring Heights???

The Eagle has landed! :shock: :thumbup:

Good weekend for me after also getting the Bo-Garden plus some sets for free, and now Serenity Retreat half-price. :mrgreen:

As for worlds, to be honest MH looks to dark and RH although containing many lovely things was very laggy for me and had a million issues related to routing, lighting etc. But hey let's have a few worlds on sale, surely that would be a major factor in keeping people interested and playing the game. 8)

lucyvp86 - You echo my thoughts. I was thinking of buying the table for a while but then checked pg1 of the DD thread and saw Serenity coming up - 450 extra for the whole kit and caboodle. Nice.

Be safe and happy ppl! :)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited March 2014
    DD Spreadsheet update: For anyone referring to the DD time calculator spreadsheet, I just realized that I had not made adjustments for Daylight Savings Time. I am in the process of updating the time zones now. This will have affected the start time of deal 159 and on, but only for the Central and Eastern time zones.

The first column of times is based on UTC so that column does not change.

Central is now UTC-5 and Eastern is UTC-4.

The current spreadsheet only estimates deal start times up to and including March 27th. British Summer Time does not begin until Sunday, March 30, 2014. The Philippines has no known DST adjustments for 2014, so that is still UTC+8. Australian Eastern time is currently adjusted for Daylight Saving Time which does not end until April 6, 2014 which is past the times listed in the spreadsheet.

Please correct me if I have the DST adjustments incorrect.

Edit to add: Congratulations to all who got the deal on Serenity Retreat.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2014
    I too am waiting for the DD rotation to change, & ESP for a world to go on sale!

MMAO is NOT being very cooperative in helping me snag the last world I want, so I NEED a sale.
    I was actually pretty surprised to even see Grandpa's Grove go on sale!

But after seeing that huge white tree, from AS, in a simmers cottage lot, I HAVE to get it! :shock:
    (Not to mention the amount of lots I DL'ed, that leave empty spots from missing objects) :lol:

It's supposed to be "March Madness Month"...so lets see some of that madness in great sales!
    PLEASE!! :mrgreen:
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am glad that Jim got his retreat, now they can change the list. Hope it happens soon. :lol:

Midnight Hollow is pretty dark, but it is still one of my favorite worlds, although I just started a new game in Moonlight Falls and I am pretty happy with this world. If I knew I owned a fairy Arboretum I would have started using it ages ago. So pretty.

I agree about the Midnight Hollow Sims, they are amazing. When I played MH a while back they all moved out before I got a chance to know them, so now that I am playing in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I decided to kidnap a bunch of them and move them into 🐸🐸🐸🐸. They are certainly interesting, though I needed to pull a few of them into CAS to tone down the dark makeup. Another thing I love about MH is all the great build items, wallpapers, CAS items, and haunted plants. It is one world that really gives you a lot of stuff for your money, even if you never actually play in the world. I highly recommend it, especially if it ever goes on sale.

• lebreelebree Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    Good weekend for me after also getting the Bo-Garden plus some sets for free, and now Serenity Retreat half-price.
    Way to go! I'm glad you finally got it and all the other goodies :thumbup:
    So now can we have a new rotation pleeeeaaaase!!!
  • AzureVirgataAzureVirgata Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2014
    I bought the Serenity Retreat on sale today, thanks to seeing it listed in this thread. I just wanted to thank all of you who are involved in starting and updating these threads ; without them and the CYS discounts, I'd have very few of the store items I own now. I hope the rotation changes soon for you all, and that it holds something you've been waiting for.
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi all! First off, grats to everyone who was waiting for Serenity Retreat and got it!!!

Just popping in before going to bed to introduce my newest lot. :mrgreen:

Crystal Constellations ~ A Futuristic Venue - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8084196

8fB04dI.jpg

Welcome to tomorrow, where the shine of the stars pale in comparison to the luminosity all around you. Immerse yourself in a paradise of technology and elegance, blending together everywhere you look. Take command of the stage, and watch as dreams become reality. "You just make believe... and the future lies in your hands.”

hIYYF0l.jpg

More photos in the Roller Coaster thread - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/315/729564.page#11838067

~Enjoy!
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2014
    David, the park is so awesome! :)

And we're still diving deeper into super saturated DD weeks..
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited March 2014
    Morning....blech. :evil: I hate time change, it is sooooooo dark outside it might as well be MN.

David!! Another awesome one. I'm gonna have to build a roller coaster world, just to put your coasters in and a couple I dl'd off the exchange. I will rec it later today and dl.

Congrats to all who got Serenity Retreat, esp James. Love the pic you posted getting your first massage.

Hi to all the new folks. Hope you stay to play in the thread. It has gotten a bit quieter with the current dd list being so long and boring. :-)

So...now lets have a new DD list!!!!!

Y'all know some store guru has to poke his/her head in this thread occasionally to see what we talk about. We NEED a March Madness sale or even a Spring Fling sale, and Alli's Spring Simpoint Sale would be super too. I think the sale should start off with a few half-priced worlds that have not been on sale and are ancient...namely Lunar Lakes! I prolly just jinxed cause I said(wrote) the name.

Off to OE, have fun, stay warm.
  • stelinhrtsstelinhrts Posts: 131 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    The Eagle has landed! :shock: :thumbup:

Good weekend for me after also getting the Bo-Garden plus some sets for free, and now Serenity Retreat half-price. :mrgreen:

Woot ~ Woot Congratulations!! I was able to get Serenity Retreat on the first go round and love it!!
  • stelinhrtsstelinhrts Posts: 131 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    Hi all! First off, grats to everyone who was waiting for Serenity Retreat and got it!!!

Just popping in before going to bed to introduce my newest lot. :mrgreen:

Crystal Constellations ~ A Futuristic Venue - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8084196

8fB04dI.jpg

Welcome to tomorrow, where the shine of the stars pale in comparison to the luminosity all around you. Immerse yourself in a paradise of technology and elegance, blending together everywhere you look. Take command of the stage, and watch as dreams become reality. "You just make believe... and the future lies in your hands.”

hIYYF0l.jpg

More photos in the Roller Coaster thread - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/315/729564.page#11838067

~Enjoy!

~ David ~

As always I love your new build!! I have rec'd it and saved it to my favorites to be downloaded once I get the coaster.

Thank you!
    edited March 2014
    Glad so many of the 'Serenity' club are enjoying themselves. Good fun huh! :)

I think a few additions are in order so I am looking to add the sauna, a food station and maybe a few 'Found Object #23' statues. It will be totally boss! The sort of place that would never let me in... ;)

It was nice to see the old DD shine bright one last time but seriously it needs to be taken around the back of the shed now. It's just going to be embarrassing itself from now on.

A new DD would really re-spark some interest and raise morale. Even Wallin seems less chipper than usual. Although he still produces like a demon! :D

So if you know a Guru, chat on social media to a Guru or you're just an old skool fan of Guru-Josh, lets give them the love they need to give us a new'un with a world or two to make us joyful.

I have a nasty feeling that whoever WAS on the case may not be there anymore and it's not a priority for the new recipient. :(
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited March 2014
    @lucyvp86 how long the list goes for is totally random, but hopefully it ends soonish.

On that note we are up to 162 ) Rock all night.
    This list has been going for 13 weeks (as of Sat 8th), 10 weeks rotating (Tues 11th) and as mention 3 calendar months.

Grats to those who grabbed Serenity Retreat.

As for what I would want on a new rotation worlds, venues and sets with short times and good discounts (lots of 50%+ please).
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote:
    So if you know a Guru, chat on social media to a Guru or you're just an old skool fan of Guru-Josh, lets give them the love they need to give us a new'un with a world or two to make us joyful.
    Infinity
  • ladysilver814ladysilver814 Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2014
    I apologize for having been MIA for quite a while (and will probably return to MIA status again after I post this), my research has been bogging me down and it doesn't look like I'll really get much of a break till the end of the month. :x Thankfully the long running boring DD rotation means I'm not missing much. So that gives me something to be chipper about. I'm continuing to enter in contests in what spare time I have and I'll post some of my creations again when I get a chance. *waves*

Hope no one is totally bored out of their skull yet... and that we get a new rotation by the end of the month! :D

Continue to recover those who are sick/injured (Mollies & kelly) and stay warm and safe everyone else!