Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you are bored 2

1.Favorite stuff pack and why?
2.Least favorite stuff pack and why?
3. What stuff packs and expansion packs do you own?
4. Does your game lag?
5. What settings do you use?
6. Do you use the randomize button ever for anything?
7. Do you ever do challenges? If yes, do tell which you have completed.
8. For how long have you been playing sims?(Including TS1 and TS2)
9. Order these, first being your favorite and last least favorite: TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4(From the looks of it.)
10. Are you excited for TS4? What do you think of it as of now, and what do you hope will be added and improved?

1.Favorite stuff pack and why? I dunno, don't have any.
2.Least favorite stuff pack and why? 1
3. What stuff packs and expansion packs do you own? Pets, Generations, Supernatural
4. Does your game lag? A bit.
5. What settings do you use? High on everything except reflection, trees and lots.
6. Do you use the randomize button ever for anything? Traits
7. Do you ever do challenges? If yes, do tell which you have completed. I never really do those
8. For how long have you been playing sims?(Including TS1 and TS2) Erm, since I think 2007
9. Order these, first being your favorite and last least favorite: TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4(From the looks of it.)
TS3
TS2
TS4
TS1
10. Are you excited for TS4? What do you think of it as of now, and what do you hope will be added and improved? Yeah. I hope there won't be as many bugs, but you bet I'll need some CC hair to survive since the hair there is very cartoony. I hope the sims will make some more sense, and that the overall experience will be more realistic.

Comments

• Options
    Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Honestly I'm not even sure which ones I use.

Sweet Treats because Katy Perry.

Everything but Diesel.

4. Does your game lag?
    Isla Paradiso, yes.

Highest.

Rarely.

Nope.

Since 2003.

There's different things I like about each ones.
    1) Sims 2- I much prefer how sims looked and it would of been perfect with open world gameplay.
    2) Sims 1- Cos Makin' Magic.
    3) Sims 3- I like the open world and gameplay but there's not really anything that stands out. Half the content you have to buy separately. Wouldn't want to play without cc.
    10. Are you excited for TS4? What do you think of it as of now, and what do you hope will be added and improved?
    I think it looks absolutely terrible. From the pictures I've seen they look like Freeplay/GBA graphics. With all the content I have for the Sims 3, I honestly don't see how it could be an improvement. I will be getting it though cos it's sims. I can guarantee half the content will be from a Sims 4 store and I will not be sucked into that too.
  • Options
    MelandBellaMelandBella Posts: 121 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Samr883 wrote:
    Honestly I'm not even sure which ones I use.

Sweet Treats because Katy Perry.

Everything but Diesel.

4. Does your game lag?
    Isla Paradiso, yes.

Highest.

Rarely.

Nope.

Since 2003.

There's different things I like about each ones.
    1) Sims 2- I much prefer how sims looked and it would of been perfect with open world gameplay.
    2) Sims 1- Cos Makin' Magic.
    3) Sims 3- I like the open world and gameplay but there's not really anything that stands out. Half the content you have to buy separately. Wouldn't want to play without cc.
    I think it looks absolutely terrible. From the pictures I've seen they look like Freeplay/GBA graphics. With all the content I have for the Sims 3, I honestly don't see how it could be an improvement. I will be getting it though cos it's sims. I can guarantee half the content will be from a Sims 4 store and I will not be sucked into that too.
    Gotta agree with you on Sims 4. Honestly, they look way too cartoonish. Was this even their goal? I wouldn't be surprised if Sims 5 will look like a comic book.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited March 2014

Master Suite. I use that stuff in almost every game.

Outdoor Living. I rarely use that stuff, not like I thought I would.

I own all EP's and all SP's except Katy Perry and Movie Stuff.

4. Does your game lag?

Not really since the upgrade.

High on everything.

I randomize most things. I'll randomize a sim until I get someone unique to start playing with, then tweak them (hair or eye color, etc) and I randomize in-game born sims traits, I sometimes randomize objects until I find a color/pattern I like.

Yes, I love challenges. I've done the asylum challenge, famacy (working on it), apocalypse (working on it), midnight sun. I started the 100 baby challenge, but decided that one wasn't for me. I can't think of all of the ones I've done.

Since Sims 1. I got Sims 1, Living Large, and House Party when House Party had came out. Been getting everything that comes out Sims related since. I have been hooked.

TS3, TS2, TS1... I have to play TS4 before I make a judgement call on that one. I'm sure I'll get it, but I'll hold off on where to place it until then.

I'm excited for it, but reserved as well. I love my CASt and I can't imagine them actually doing away with it (REALLY???) and I'm a little iffy on the graphics and new emotions. I was super stoked when Sims 3 was talked about being released. Sims 4, I'm just meh. I'm sure I'll get at least the base game to try (it is Sims after all) but if I go further than that or not depends on the game.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited March 2014
    1.Favorite stuff pack and why? Movie stuff. Why?
    Movie Stuff. Now I can have a real saloon. And I made a Fireman run around dressed like a superhero because he was brave and stuff. But mostly because it amused me.

Katie Perry Sweet Treats. I didn't even buy it. It looked too sweet for me.

All except for Sweet Treats.

4. Does your game lag?
    Nope.
    The highest
    Yes, I use it for Sims so that I don't end up with the same facial/eye/nose structure every time.

I only do challenges I set one up for myself. Like my progressive challenge where I start from the base game and work my way through the expansions. It's a lot of ground to cover. There's so much to do.

I have played since the Sims 1.
    Sims 3 I use less custom content because I can design things the way I want them. I enjoy making custom towns and playing in them. I did this in the Sims 2 but the tool was no where as fun for me as it is for the Sims 3.

The Sims 2 The Sims 3 just doesn't have Goopy Gilsgarbo. :( Goopy had great genetics.

The Sims 1 I hated that kids never aged passed kids and your sims were just stuck with them so i sent them away to military school when I got bored of them.
    The Sims 4 I will be waiting for info before I buy it.

Yes, because I love the Sims genre. No, because I don't know much about it. I'll wait until they release the first bundle... Base game+ expansion before I buy it.
  • Options
    Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Gotta agree with you on Sims 4. Honestly, they look way too cartoonish. Was this even their goal? I wouldn't be surprised if Sims 5 will look like a comic book.

I wouldn't be surprised either lol, I really, really hope they look different in the game. Until then I'm avoiding any news/pictures.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited March 2014
    A tie between 70s 80s 90s and Movie Stuff. I love the a lot of the outfits and hair from the Decades one as well as the buy mode stuff. I really loved the different themed outfits and buymode stuff from movies.
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats I don't even own it but when I saw the screenies for it I felt a little nauseous. :oops:
    I have all the expansions, and I have all the stuff packs except for Sweet Treats and Town Life
    4. Does your game lag?
    Rarely
    Highest
    occasionally I use the randomize sim button in or randomize features buttons in CAS
    No I have a legacy but it doesn't follow any rules its just me playing a family for a long time.
    Since the release of Makin Magic
    TS2( I liked how the sims interacted and their personalities. I miss open restaurants, I miss hybrid supernaturals, I miss NPCs like Pack Leader, Grand Vampires, I also miss my vampires how they couldn't be out during the day at all, they slept in a coffin if a sim opened the coffin with the vamp in it they freaked out and coffin was slammed shut. I also miss how my vamp could turn into bats), TS3( I love the open neighborhood, CAST, Fairies, Unicorns and horses, mermaids, house boats, being stranded on islands, sharks, krakens, future scenarios, hover boards, exploring tombs in world adventures), TS1, TS4
    No not really. I don't really like graphic style at all. I'm not crazy about colors and décor affecting our sims emotions. I decorate my sims houses in a way that I like. My favorite color is blue, does this mean my sims will always be depressed? No CAST is a big strike for me I don't want to be stuck with EA's ugly default patterns and colors again.
    I do like some things about TS4 I like how you can adjust almost any part of the sims' bodies by dragging and pulling wherever you want. I like being able to pick up rooms and rotate or move them if you make a placement mistake rather than having to delete everything and start over. But those 2 pros are not enough to make me buy it. I am waiting for more info before deciding anything further.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited March 2014
    Diesel. I love all the male clothes!

KPST. Don't own it and never will. First time I outright refused to spend money on a sims 3 product.

Everything but KPST.

4. Does your game lag?
    No. Not since I installed mods to fix that issue.

The highest settings possible.

Only for traits. I color everything else according to my taste.

I do challenges all the time when I have time. I have completed several.

Since TS1 base game came out.

TS2, TS1, TS3

Nope. The graphics look like garbage, the hair looks like a play-doh helmet, and they got rid of CAS. I'm not happy with the idea of having mismatched furniture and having to use the same things in every house because they are the only objects that aren't a gaudy eye sore.
  • Options
    smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2014
    TS2( I liked how the sims interacted and their personalities. I miss open restaurants, I miss hybrid supernaturals, I miss NPCs like Claire the Bear, Pack Leader, Grand Vampires, Lonely Clown, I also miss my vampires how they couldn't be out during the day at all, they slept in a coffin if a sim opened the coffin with the vamp in it they freaked out and coffin was slammed shut. I also miss how my vamp could turn into bats),

Claire the Bear and Lonely (Tragic) Clown were from TS1
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited March 2014
    TS2( I liked how the sims interacted and their personalities. I miss open restaurants, I miss hybrid supernaturals, I miss NPCs like Claire the Bear, Pack Leader, Grand Vampires, Lonely Clown, I also miss my vampires how they couldn't be out during the day at all, they slept in a coffin if a sim opened the coffin with the vamp in it they freaked out and coffin was slammed shut. I also miss how my vamp could turn into bats),

Claire the Bear and Lonely (Tragic) Clown were from TS1

whoops lol its been so long since I played TS2 and even longer since I played TS1 guess I got a little mixed up. Thanks for telling me though :-)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't own any stuff packs.

See #1.

For the EPs, I have all of them except Pets and ITF. As for stuff packs, see #1.

4. Does your game lag?
    Occasionally. I play on a laptop though, so it's to be expected.

Medium-high, if that makes any sense. I assume you mean graphics settings. I'm not in-game at the moment, though, so I forget.

No, though I let the game roll my traits for legacies.

I do a modified version of the legacy challenge. I have terrible ADD and get bored quickly, so I play on short lifespan instead of the normal one the rules say to use.

I'm doing an Uglacy right now; started with the most-hideous family in Twinbrook (they're all ugly, but the Bayless family is the worst, lol). The idea is that I will eventually breed them into something pretty.

I might try the homeless challenge. The rest are too long and drawn-out for me.

Since I was 14 (I'm 27 now). So I've been a Simmer for almost 14 years.

I don't know. I liked different things from both, but the customization is better in 3, so maybe 3, 2, 4, 1. Something like that.

Not really. To be honest, I'll probably try the base game and that's it; the past 3 versions have been extremely buggy and still aren't fixed/can't be played without mods, which I do not want and will not put anywhere near my game as they previously wrecked it. Needless to say, my hopes are not high for TS4. If I keep my expectations low, I won't be as disappointed.

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    lexiesmartylexiesmarty Posts: 15
    edited March 2014

1.Favorite stuff pack and why? Town Life, it adds in some neat stuff.

2.Least favorite stuff pack and why? I don't like High-End Loft that much.

3. What stuff packs and expansion packs do you own? Pets, Generations, Seasons, Late Night, World Adventures, High-End Loft, and Town Life

4. Does your game lag? A bit
    5. What settings do you use? High on most everything.

6. Do you use the randomize button ever for anything? No.

7. Do you ever do challenges? If yes, do tell which you have completed. Not really. I did the Repair TV one but ended up selling the TV to keep my sims alive.

8. For how long have you been playing sims?(Including TS1 and TS2) Out of TS1, YS2, and TS3, I've only played TS3 and only since October 16th, 2013. But I know a lot.

Like I said I've only played TS1 but from all the commercials (I watched all of them on YouTube) I wouls say

10. Are you excited for TS4?
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited March 2014

Fast Lane. Love cars, could never have enough cars, and the formal wear is great too.

Tie between KPST and Decades. Tacky.

All except the 2 SPs mention above.

4. Does your game lag?

Only once in a while at 3 AM when Overwatch is doing cleanup (also the UI gets messed up around that time) and whenever I'm logged on in game too long (so now I just stay offline) otherwise no.

as of now, SP and aging off, all weather & seasons on, 8 day lunar cycle, High on everything

In CAS sometimes, just discovered the one in buy mode last weekend, and I've been playing this game for 5 years.

No b/c I know I would cheat or quit. I like to play by my own rules. Try to get achievement badges though.

Simmin' since the beginnin'! played all PC games, almost all console games, some hanheld games, and SimCity 3000, SimCity 4

1. TS3
    2. TS1
    3. TS2

TS3 is the most fun I've ever had with The Sims. It's the sims game I've been waiting for. The things introduced in TS2 (aging, aspirations, etc) I never really cared about or even thought about. I liked how my TS1 sims never aged and never had wants, fears, emotions. I care more about what I can do with the sims, the simulation aspect (and the creative aspect), not necessarily the sims themselves. I use the sims as an empty vessel to do things that I could never do IRL, like with any other video game. I remember how addicted and how much fun I had with the original. I never felt that with TS2. But I did with TS3. 3 brought things in the game I've always dreamed about having: open world, no loading screens, customize whatever I want, real traits, realistic graphics, all creatures playable, I could go on all day. If anything TS2 I felt was the most mundane of the three. Just too... tame and normal. And TS2 never brought back a Fame or Magic EP, which were my two favorite EPs in TS1. Biggest Letdown. So TS3 FTW.

No comment.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited March 2014
    Diesel, because I like the clothing options with it.
    OLS. I just am not fond of the stuff packs anyway, this and diesel were the only ones I bothered to buy even (and I got town life when it was free), and this is the one that broke my game and caused me to lose my favourite family at the time.

Diesel
    OLS (it's not installed, and it never will be)
    Town Life
    EP's it's just easier to say I don't have Into the Future, I have the rest (some are currently not installed on this laptop, but I own them)

4. Does your game lag?
    Sometimes, on my larger saves.

I think all my graphics are set to high. I think tree detail and lot distance or whatever are medium. I honestly forget for sure, I set everything a year and a half ago and haven't touched it since. I don't feel like checking, LOL.

Traits... sometimes.

I've tried. I don't do well at challenges. I either give up completely or just start breaking all the rules, LOL.

About 10 years.

TS3
    TS2
    TS1
    TS4

Not at all. I can handle the graphics style, not a style I'm super fond of but I could accept it, it's not a deal-breaker. No CAST is a deal breaker, a huge dealbreaker, I honestly don't think anything else can make up for that to me... I use CAST all the time. I don't really like the idea of colours and decor affecting a sims mood, the concept is kind of cool but I don't think it works in a game, because in real life everybody feels differently about different colours and decor and it's going to affect their mood differently. Yes certain colours can more commonly encourage a certain mood, but there will always be people who feel different. Overall there's only a couple things I liked about it, more that I dislike, and I'm not sure anything could make up for no CAST but I'd definitely haven't found anything yet that can. There's also the fact that with how glitchy sims 3 has been, I don't feel like spending all that money all over again to have all those headaches all over again, I was already hooked on sims 3 so I just kept buying the EP's and stuff, but I don't plan to even start with sims 4.
  • Options
    lexiesmartylexiesmarty Posts: 15
    edited March 2014
    1.Favorite stuff pack and why? Town Life, it adds in some neat stuff.

2.Least favorite stuff pack and why? I don't like High-End Loft that much.

3. What stuff packs and expansion packs do you own? Pets, Generations, Seasons, Late Night, World Adventures, High-End Loft, and Town Life

4. Does your game lag? A bit
    5. What settings do you use? High on most everything.

6. Do you use the randomize button ever for anything? No.

7. Do you ever do challenges? If yes, do tell which you have completed. Not really. I did the Repair TV one but ended up selling the TV to keep my sims alive.

8. For how long have you been playing sims?(Including TS1 and TS2) Out of TS1, YS2, and TS3, I've only played TS3 and only since October 16th, 2013. But I know a lot.

Like I said I've only played TS3 but from all the commercials (I watched all of them on YouTube) I would say TS4 TS3 TS2 TS1. EA kept improving them. I did like the looks of TS1 though.

10. Are you excited for TS4? Totally. Creat A Household/Sim seems like it's gonna bee awesome (but a bit more complicated, but I'll get used to it and created awesome sims). Also Build Mode seems like it's gonna be simple and awesome also. Those are two of my favorite parts of TS3, so I soooooooo can't wait! :D