Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stable/unstable worlds

Which worlds do you find to be the most stable. By stable I mostly mean pausing animations of sims (which really bugs me) but also freezing and crashing. I run a few NRASS mods which do help, but some worlds still seem buggy. Island Paradise is one of the worst on my machine with pauses happening at least once a minute. I recently DL the Midnight Falls world and it was the most stable world I have ever played, but the darkness eventually got pretty old. I moved my family to Dragon Valley and the occasional pausing was back. It's annoying, my sims freezing in the middle of action for seconds at a time. I'm contemplating buying Hidden Springs or Aurora Skies but would like to know how they are stability wise. Opinions?

Comments

• SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited March 2014
    Aurora Skies is one of ny favs, it runs really well and is a pretty small map. Not sure about HS as I get really bored in that world very quickly.
  • zyryxzyryx Posts: 125
    edited March 2014
    @skyegiovanni, why do you find HS boring?
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited March 2014
    I second Aurora Skies.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2014
    hey zyryx

most worlds that dont run well are mostly do to routing issues (though graphics do matters as well - so sunny worlds can be more taxing for a card) for IP there are these options to fix
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/737122.page

as for store worlds i find the newer worlds can be more problematic for folks but i think they all run much better for most vs unfixed or unmodded bridgeport and IP

i too found HS boring - many of the homes are just big boxes to me but i know many many people love so its just up to the player

so the only thing i can suggest if you want to get HS try to get it from a store on sale or through origin :)

HTH
  • SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited March 2014
    Because the houses are ugly IMO, they are decked in weird patterns and dark wood. I found the townies boring too.
    edited March 2014
    Because the houses are ugly IMO, they are decked in weird patterns and dark wood. I found the townies boring too.

:lol::lol: yep :) though if i recall the clothes are pretty nice.
  • BethanyMay17BethanyMay17 Posts: 59
    edited March 2014
    Aploosa Plains works quite well for me, and it is a really pretty town.

Worst? Isla Parasido from Island paradise EP. It froze every two seconds and sometimes would not ever unfreeze (common problem with this map). Shame since it looks really exciting.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2014
    :( I have not purchased any extra worlds yet..I'm behind on the sims3 bc I was so involved with sims2, LOL, but I have found a few solutions to the freezing up, crashing, and weird animations, this may be really old news for most of You I dont know so go easy on Me, Im a newbie still. I do run the Nraas Mods: overwatch, errortrap, master controller, and story progression as well as a few others. Before I even started doing that I was playing Bridgeport, very first game ever and it was bad, terrible, freezing-crashing-lag, :shock: Then I read up on things and realized You have to be a full blown techie to play the Sims now,lol. First thing I found by experimenting is Turn reflection totally off in graphics options in game: Makes a big big change in lag and You do not miss it, not like You think You will. And Second I found out recently don't run Your Game with Origin running, I launch from there, get the game launch screen, then shut x Origin out on the screen and in the launch tray, I also delete My five cache folders and defrag the computer ever few game sessions. I do want to look into more worlds but so far have not made it past Bridgeport and Midnight Falls and still have two more worlds to play. :roll:
    edited March 2014
    How do You fix routing Issue's? This is very interesting to Me since I have a million of those.
    edited March 2014
    LOL, Just a thought, Its almost like they gave us Sims3, said Here You go You guys Mod all the games anyway, Its not really finished but We are sure You guys will spend hundreds of hours researching in order to play and fix it Yourself..lol :wink:
    edited March 2014
    so true spend4zen :)

you have found many of the good solutions for routing issues its world specific now ellcharmed at MTS has fixed most of the worlds

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=414&showType=1&tag=world&gs=2

also with nraas adding register so you can control animal and tourist populations is another good one. in part lag can be caused by spawners - they can keep adding folks and animals to a game

with debugger you can actually remove spawners - and then you can edit in game and only add a few spawners. with CAW for example with MH i found so many spawners in random locations that sims coudlnt even get to so i could see these could clog up many games.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:

BTW I don't have lag problems in any world but I've also spent hours researching the routing issues and I fix them before playing the worlds. Well unless they can't be fixed like in Twinbrook when you have IP installed and the townies refuse to use the bridges and instead try to swim everywhere.

Ahhh. So this is why Twinbrook lags. No fixes other than uninstalling IP? I use Overwatch which makes it playable. I guess that's all one can do. :roll:
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    spend4zen wrote:
    :shock: Then I read up on things and realized You have to be a full blown techie to play the Sims now,lol.

And I consider myself fairly tech savy, but this game and it's files make my head spin 360 degrees. I don't even play it anymore. I think the glitches and issues are ridiculous. We SHOULDN'T have to be full blown techies to adjust our computers and folders and have to get Mods just to maybe be able to have a semblence of a decent game.
    edited March 2014
    CeeJay402: I do use Register and most the Control Mods, I am still learning how to use them and half afraid to change any value's in them, I do change things in register and I may need to tone that down since I do like a crowded town, before adding the Mods My Town was a ghost town, there were no Sims anywhere hardly and not even a zombie in Midnight Falls,lol. I have not figured out some of the tech speak in the mods and what to do with them, if they should be true or false...to mess with them or not to mess with them...lol...I have only been using them a short time. I am currently working on researching routing issues and script errors since that seems to be what is causing most my lag..freezing now since I no longer have 36 cars per day piling up at night. On a side note, since I added the Mods I no longer seem to be getting stalked by the Ice Cream Truck, :lol:
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited March 2014
    Spend4zen I sent you Aurora Skies to try. You just might like it!

zyryx I sent it to you also now you can buy Hidden Springs and have both!
    edited March 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    spend4zen wrote:
    ....On a side note, since I added the Mods I no longer seem to be getting stalked by the Ice Cream Truck, :lol:

The. Ice. Cream. Truck.

*where is the pulling hair out animation*

GAH!

It parks right in front of my house in Bridgeport, I've never had this problem before where I can barely see my house because of this massive big honking truck (the house is small). I click on object, delete it, and it comes right back! It's possessed, I tell ya.

I may have to d/l traffic to see if I can get rid of that annoying stalker truck.

Check MTS there is a mod to get rid of it or to lessen it's frequency!

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    edited March 2014
    Aurora Skies is one of ny favs, it runs really well and is a pretty small map. Not sure about HS as I get really bored in that world very quickly.

I feel the same way about HS. Sooo boring to me.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    edited March 2014
    jimmysnan : Thanks for sending the new world, I will try to figure out how to download it and all that good stuff..lol...Do I have to remove all mods and dump files before installing? Anyone know, I know I need to do that for patches and expansions but now sure about worlds since I have never really installed any. :-o What to do?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    spend4zen wrote:
    jimmysnan : Thanks for sending the new world, I will try to figure out how to download it and all that good stuff..lol...Do I have to remove all mods and dump files before installing? Anyone know, I know I need to do that for patches and expansions but now sure about worlds since I have never really installed any. :-o What to do?

Hi :)

No, you don't have to do any of that for installing a Store world. :thumbup:
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited March 2014
    Gee... I just bought the Monta Vista/Hidden Springs duel pack yesterday.I'm hearing just bad reviews about HS now that it's on my pc! Oh, well at least it was only §19.95 for the pack. What are thoughts about MV?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2014
    As far as Isla Parasido goes it does have a routing problem, but I found that having a powerful card and a excellent CPU as well compensates for the routing problem and is not noticeable. I have more than four systems with different cards and CPUs, all Nvidia 770, 680, 560 SC, 560 TI. and a mixture of AMD and Intel I7 4770K, I7 3770K, I7 2600 and AMD Athlon II X 4. The 770 and 680 held up very well and not noticed any lag whereas with the 560 TI coupled with the AMD there was lag present and uncomfortable and even though the machine has 16 GB it was uncomfortable(the 560 SC I have not tested it yet). I do not think EA is ever going to fix the problem or any of the other problems with Sims 4 on the horizon they did the same with Sims 2 which had problems but was playable when it's life cycle ended. This type of problem may be due to how each NPC acts on it's own and goes outside of it's limitations. Maybe EA/Maxis need to swallow their pride and get with modders on how they fix a game whereas they can't on some levels.(I do not use mods because I really am lucky not to experience them as of yet. :D

Update: I have tested the 560 SC and even though it has 2 GB onboard it fared a little better than the 560 Ti lag was still noticeable but playable and also coupled with the I7-2600.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited March 2014
    spend4zen wrote:

Nope. Just click the download button!
    edited March 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    As far as Isla Parasido goes it does have a routing problem, but I found that having a powerful card and a excellent CPU as well compensates for the routing problem and is not noticeable. I have more than four systems with different cards and CPUs, all Nvidia 770, 680, 560 SC, 560 TI. and a mixture of AMD and Intel I7 4770K, I7 3770K, I7 2600 and AMD Athlon II X 4. The 770 and 680 held up very well and not noticed any lag whereas with the 560 TI coupled with the AMD there was lag present and uncomfortable and even though the machine has 16 GB it was uncomfortable(the 560 SC I have not tested it yet). I do not think EA is ever going to fix the problem or any of the other problems with Sims 4 on the horizon they did the same with Sims 2 which had problems but was playable when it's life cycle ended. This type of problem may be due to how each NPC acts on it's own and goes outside of it's limitations. Maybe EA/Maxis need to swallow their pride and get with modders on how they fix a game whereas they can't on some levels.(I do not use mods because I really am lucky not to experience them as of yet. :D

Update: I have tested the 560 SC and even though it has 2 GB onboard it fared a little better than the 560 Ti it lag was still noticeable but playable and also coubled with the I7-2600.

I have NVIDIA 780 and all my worlds lag. The card cannot be recognized, and I have tried it stays for a time then it goes, so I am just ignoring it for now. I have 16GB ram and 2T for my storage I guess it just depends on what the gane will take to run at the time.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2014
    @Jimmysnan, you have to go into deviceconfig and look for the device number, My device number for my 680 was 1180 which I had to use in graphiccards.sgr found under Sims 3 folder. This is the line I had to type in the file, card 1180 "GeForce GTX 680" of course your device number will be different. Again another example card 1278 "Geforce GTX 780" is how it look if it was the correct line. The problem is when EA/Maxis updates Sims 3, it resets whatever you done. I save a copy of my altered files and just replace the default files after a patch was applied.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited March 2014
    I have done that blunote00 sent me the files to do that. I have been through all that and it just does not work the graphics card is too new. Can you believe that I have a computer that is too good to run the Sims 3, and they plan to make Sims 4 run on the lower end computers? Not buying that anytime soon. Thanks for trying though.