Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recommendations - Sunlit Tides or Roaring Heights

I'm looking to add a new world to my Sims 3 game and I'm curious to hear from anyone who has either of or both of these worlds to find out which one would be the better purchase. Are there any serious issues with either world? Is there a world you prefer? Is it possible to rent an apartment in Roaring Heights or are all high rise buildings just work locations? Thanks for any info!
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2014
    I like ST, but I absolutely love RH!! The backstories are great, the town is gorgeous, and I have had no problems whatsoever with it.

ST is a nice world for me to vacation at with NRaas' Traveler mod, but I just don't care to live there. I also had a few routing issues with it as horses would get stuck, as well as sims. Overwatch worked overtime on that town for me.

Here are a few shots of my RH story:
    My sim:
    cd02a806-126e-4318-8555-b0438005a900_zps24b978a2.jpg

Beautiful scenery anytime of day!:
    Screenshot-418_zps34c8a902.jpg
    Screenshot-411_zpsb1e9255b.jpg

The Sims in this town are also lively and abundant at the random venues:

Abundant:
    Screenshot-33_zps87454711.jpg

Lively, random fights break out quite a bit:
    Screenshot-461_zpsd8a13261.jpg

Either world is fun though, it just depends on your preference. There are beautiful sims in ST as well, and the spa is a great addition. :)

Edit:spelling errors
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks very much for the input! I admit that I am leaning towards Roaring Heights as Sunlit Tides seems very like Isla Paradiso to me. I have the spa, which I downloaded as a stand alone, so maybe I should get RH as it sounds from your description as it's a lot of fun and I certainly prefer the style of it. Do you have the boardwalk and if so, is it a good investment? I'm asking so many questions because I find the EA worlds wildly overpriced, and Barnacle Bay was a major disappointment to me. They show no signs of lowering these prices however, so I suppose I have to consider my gaming addiction as a luxury (though it's my only entertainment!) and cough up the cost if I want something! This time however I wanted to try and get some input.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think BB was a disappointment because it was the first and they really didn't have a whole lot to put in it at that time. With some cosmetics done to it, it isn't too bad, but it did take some work to get it up to par.

I do have the Boardwalk and it is a lot of fun. There are several recreations on here in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729098.page that adds a lot of amenities. I also added some of the venues that other simmers made, that really adds to the livelihood of the town.

ST is a lot like Isla Paradiso with exception that it doesn't have all things IP has, such as houseboats or dive spots, all of which you would have to add yourself. The spa is really the only thing you don't get with IP, so if you already have it, I would give RH a shot. :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited February 2014
    For me, the biggest problem with Sunlit Tides is how spread out it is and it's lack of space to add very much from various EP's. It is pretty, but that just isn't enough in my view.

I like RH a lot, but I don't play there much. I like Lucky Palms best because of all the room available to put in whatever you like/need.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2014
    My Sims recently got married in Roaring Heights. Here's a photo from the wedding:

Screenshot-396a_zps8c84e71b.jpg

I love both of these worlds but I'd definitely pick Roaring Heights as the better of the two.

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2014
    Roaring heights. The houses are awesome, we got a roller coaster, a beautiful beach front and of course, the apartments. Cant beat that. :) sunlit tides however is great for a vacation type of world. But roaring heights seems more normal livimg wise.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have both worlds and both are my favs but if I had to choose it would be Roaring Heights for the following reasons.

1)RH lets sims do more IP related things

2)The beaches are prettier and the water is even more bluer.

3)RH has a city ST doesn't.

The apartments in RH however are way too big with 5 or more bedrooms. There doesn't seem to be any starter apartments.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2014
    The Roller Coaster Lot can be placed in Sunlit Tides or any town but it looks better in RH when you place it on that 64x64 lot on the beach.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks so much everyone for your input. It looks like the old adage to trust your instincts was right on this one as I was hoping that I wasn't going to be told that Roaring Heights was terrible and a routing disaster! Looks like I'll make that my next world.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited March 2014
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    Thanks very much for the input! I admit that I am leaning towards Roaring Heights as Sunlit Tides seems very like Isla Paradiso to me. I have the spa, which I downloaded as a stand alone, so maybe I should get RH as it sounds from your description as it's a lot of fun and I certainly prefer the style of it. Do you have the boardwalk and if so, is it a good investment? I'm asking so many questions because I find the EA worlds wildly overpriced, and Barnacle Bay was a major disappointment to me. They show no signs of lowering these prices however, so I suppose I have to consider my gaming addiction as a luxury (though it's my only entertainment!) and cough up the cost if I want something! This time however I wanted to try and get some input.

I very much agree...ST is IP without dive lots and with huge routing issues. My sims are *always* late to work, cause it takes forever and a day to get anywhere in ST. That's my biggest issue with ST...it's very poorly laid out. Lots of land you can't add lots to, as well...so it's hard to add expansion lots. Of course, there's a lot of that in RH too. But at least I don't have the horrible routing issues in RH! (though, I have heard some people have had the routing issues in RH...but I haven't had that myself) And the premade families in RH are some of the best out there, I think...Oliver Harbucks and his daughter Shirley Templeton, Bonnie and Clyde, Frank Astare and Judy Rogers, just to name a few.

I would tend to agree with you on BB. It was very bare bones and basic when compared to all the store worlds that followed. While it does have lots of potential...it takes a *lot* of work to make it interesting.

As far as room to build/add lots, my top 2 choices are Dragon Valley and Lucky Palms, as they both have plenty of room to expand. My favorite atmosphere in a store world is trickier...I love RH, MH, and DV, but LP is probably right after those 3.

If you have the spa from ST, I would definitely go with RH. It has a similar climate (kinda south beach meets art deco meets Hollywood) with the beaches and semi-tropical thing. As for the Boardwalk venue...it kinda depends on your play style. The roller coaster is nice, but hardly something I find crucial to the world or the game. It is fun, though...sims make entertaining faces! ;) But, if you aren't a huge roller coaster fan, you could easily wait to catch it on sale later. The skyscrapers are kinda hard to describe. You can certainly have them as apartments, if you have Late Night...but they aren't exactly skyscrapers per se. They're basically buildings like any other, except they have this skyscraper topper thing on top of them to make them *look* like skyscrapers. If that makes sense. At least, the ones I've looked at closely are, I haven't checked out all the residential ones yet.