Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy-to-miss items checklist

Comments

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    *sigh* that means that set didn't successfully down load yesterday :( I thought I was so careful 3 hours to re download the store 3 hours and counting seeing/cross referencing what didn't work/got missed *ugh*, this it why I did not what to re download the store, but it did fix the problem I was having
    edited September 2013
    Ok going bananas with my re-downloads, found out why I thought Bow Toe wasn't in a set but what about these:

Just in Jest Hat (both have same name but one is his and the other hers):

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:19506
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:19505
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited September 2013
    @HollownessDevour -- Those two hats are in Pegasus1993's list of free stuff as individual items :-) .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    edited September 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    @HollownessDevour -- Those two hats are in Pegasus1993's list of free stuff as individual items :-) .

So this isn't a master list of single items? ok, see the reason is cause I am basing this list as my master singles list but since it isn't I have to re-think my approach.
    edited September 2013
    @HollownessDevour -- Look at "There is almost all FREE items from 'The Sims3 Store' (10th September, 2013) by pegasus1993 and "All free store items listed here! - Updated with even more free things" by xXSims3XxX. They're both on page 2 of this Store Forum (at least they were a few minutes ago). Hope this helps 8) .
    edited September 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    @HollownessDevour -- Look at "There is almost all FREE items from 'The Sims3 Store' (10th September, 2013) by pegasus1993 and "All free store items listed here! - Updated with even more free things" by xXSims3XxX. They're both on page 2 of this Store Forum (at least they were a few minutes ago). Hope this helps 8) .

No thank, sorry, I can't cause the whole thing was just complied frustration of re-downloading my game to fix some PC item issues, first it was a single item that was in a set but it didn't download (in fact you can only get it by downloading as a single after attempt a second time and seeing others have the same results) then it was missing frees that I just missed off my purchase history (really my fault for missing it off my purchase history but I just had 230+ missing items in my game probably 1/2 where sets that didn't count when I downloaded the compilation) I cannot have another list to cross reference, I just put my broken sims file back and will deal with the broken PC till I own more of the store that the only single items I have are off this list and my purchase history free (if that list had the items that are currently purchase history only I would but I just cannot I am just so beyond frustrated). About 13-14 hours of 2 attempts of re-downloading the store in today I am about this ready to becoming evil, so I choose broken PC, and try again when I get those last 3 comps and last 9 sets complete.
    edited September 2013
    @HollownessDevour -- Sounds like you could use an aspirin (or 12) :-) . Sorry you're having so many problems. Get yourself a nice adult beverage and find a dark room and some soothing music :wink: .

Edited for spelling :oops:
    edited September 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    @HollownessDevour -- Sounds like you could use an aspirin (or 12) :-) . Sorry you're having so many problems. Get yourself a nice adult beverage and find a dark room and some soothing music :wink: .

Edited for spelling :oops:

Yes! I need all the calming music I can use XP

I actually think a bath is in order ;)

This list was a saver for sure I just was too depending on it as a fail safe and just... just... went bananas ;P

Thanks so much for helping though! Thanks everyone really :)
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, 2Mahawk!
    If You want update 1st page of this post: today I've been able to download from this site for the 1st time Micro Grotto Hot Tub (from Tiki Outdoor Party) - link from items-view on set page is finally working.;)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the list, it such a shame that the individual items are so pricy, there are many items I would love! :lol:
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for this list. It's extremely useful! :mrgreen:

Side note: Bandana is already included to a FEATURED LOOK in case you want to remove it from the list as it's no more an individual item ;P
  • DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just want to say

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5WKb-Muq3xfRWNVcwNrANNNijFM9pCSmNXorgaxvxgTkMOenVTg

THANKS

for doing this!!!

You have saved me a LOT of fishing around to find my store content along with the CYS thread for my fresh installation of my content into my new computer (!!! :mrgreen: !!!)
    I didn't even have to go through my massive monster collection of previous installation files, and had to suffer minimal purchase history fishing because of this!

Thanks SO very much!
  • 2Mahawk2Mahawk Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited December 2013
    OK, I made some quick updates to the single-only items list.
    The rest will take a bit longer to figure out, especially considering that a lot of PC, venues, worlds, and store features had come out since my last update, but I plan to work on it bit by bit over time. Again, any help would be appreciated.
    Happy holidays!
  • angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited January 2014
    2Mahawk, thank you for compiling this list. Since I'm more of a "set-buying" person, I often overlook these lovely individual items (although I do have a few from when I first registered.)

Also, I've become aware of several cases of individual pay items overlapping with clothes from the free JCP Teen set.
    Here's the thread: Free JCP Teen Inspired Outfit Set Petition

Happy New Year!
  • MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ahhhhh I found this thread! I knew there were several single items I was missing and thank you for compiling them all so neatly in a list! *bookmarks and hands over paycheck*
  • ValkiriyuValkiriyu Posts: 96 New Member
    edited February 2014
    so many interesting finds *_* I want to attempt to catch them all!
    *gets Sims 3 themed Pokeballs*

So much of the nice content that first came out goes completely unnoticed, it's always nice to get something unique and different from all the sets once in a while. How did you find most of this stuff?
    edited February 2014
    Valkiriyu wrote:
    so many interesting finds *_* I want to attempt to catch them all!
    *gets Sims 3 themed Pokeballs*

So much of the nice content that first came out goes completely unnoticed, it's always nice to get something unique and different from all the sets once in a while. How did you find most of this stuff?
    For the single-only items, it started off small. I would stumble into some original stuff while looking through wishlists. Things like Knitter Nights and Men's Genie Pants are very distinct, which were among my first discoveries. After I found something, I would check some likely sets for them, and needless to say, I didn't find them. Then I started to do some searching using the site's search, typing random things, like crown or holiday. I discovered more and more items. Finally I found the motherlode when I went through the CAS single section of the store, and found them way at the back.

angelcat, yes, I have noticed that most, if not all of the free JCP stuff, like the Baseball jacket are actually recolors of the single-only items. If the set is still available, I'm interested in making a note of which ones (meshes, that is) came with the JCP set, for those that want just the meshes. It's worth mentioning, however, that the originals have some interesting colors, some of which I may not have thought of. The decision of whether they are worth it or not, is entirely up to the consumer.

Edit: I made a small update with an indicator on which items have the JCP recolors. The title JCP "Teen" is misleading, as nothing there can be worn by teens.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited February 2014
    2Mahawk wrote:
    Set only list:
    Legend:
    :!: = Seen in the current <a href="">Daily Deal</a>.
    :arrow: = Currently available for purchase in game. Requires latest game update. Also, it may not appear unless you buy an item from the same category as only 3 items can show up at once.

From <a href= "http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:55394">Hibiscus Trio</a>: ~ Joolster
    :arrow: <a href= ""></a>Hibiscus with White Flowers 175 SimPoints
    :arrow: <a href= ""></a>Hibiscus with Blue Flowers 175 SimPoints
    :arrow: <a href= ""></a>Hibiscus with Yellow Flowers 175 SimPoints

Just to add to the list, perhaps, is that the <a href= "http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:55394">Hibiscus Trio</a>'s Hibiscus with Blue Flowers is also available as part of the <a href= "http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=14292&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:69980&pcategoryId=14284&ppcategoryId=14291">Quaint Cottage Featured Look Set</a>. :)
    <But the Hibiscus Trio isn't available for Complete Your Set.> :?

edited February 2014
    Niralyn wrote:

Just to add to the list, perhaps, is that the <a href= "http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:55394">Hibiscus Trio</a>'s Hibiscus with Blue Flowers is also available as part of the <a href= "http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=14292&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:69980&pcategoryId=14284&ppcategoryId=14291">Quaint Cottage Featured Look Set</a>. :)
    <But the Hibiscus Trio isn't available for Complete Your Set.> :?
    That's true. Thank you pointing that out. :)
    So the Hibiscus with Blue Flowers is still apparently, a set-only item. It's strange considering that the set had come out long ago now.
  • CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited May 2014
    Putowtin wrote:
    Thanks for the list, it such a shame that the individual items are so pricy, there are many items I would love! :lol:

These items will come up in Make Me an Offer (just had the Vamp Skirt today) so happy times are still ahead.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited August 2014
    Items spotted:

Blazer Jacket With Hoodie (item # 557 on dd rotation list)
    Pencil Skirt (item # 556 on dd rotation list)
    Ala Mod (item # 503 on dd rotation list)
    Uber Sani-Sim Toilet (item # 424 on dd rotation list)
    Choppy Haircut For Boy (item # 296 on dd rotation list)
    Vest, Shirt And Tie (item #155 on dd rotation list)
    Henley Shirt with Laced Collar (item # 93 on dd rotation list)
    Bandana (item # 29 on dd rotation list)
    Boot .y Heel Teen (item # 27 on dd rotation list)
    Bohemian Dress (item # 23 on dd rotation list)

If I find more, I'll jot them down for the list. :^)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just found these two items: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17259&categoryId=&back=categoryPage and http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17269&categoryId=&back=categoryPage that are the Single Items for the Long Wavy Hair and the Spiky and Suave Hairstyles, but they are in Grey. I wonder why the others ones are not separated like this one is. :s Just thought I would post here and give a heads up to everyone. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

ETA: It says this is my 3,999 post even though it doesn't seem to count more then one post in a thread here on the new forums because I would be passed 4,000 already if it did. :(

ETAgain: Wait, what, now it counted my ETA as a post and gave me 4,000. LOL Yay! B):p
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi, @TheKrazy_KimSim! I think, those hair isn't listed, because included in normal (adult) version of those hair. However I'm using those hair (adult and elder version) The Store is offering me still especially Long Wavy Hair and Spiky and Suave (elder). Sometimes it is going crazy completelly and I see in "reccomend for you" at least 6-7 elder hairs (including famous Strawboater hut beginning to appear since CYS introduced and Lucky Palms - now owning both versions).
    Have a marvelous day! ;)

Edit: I've not wrote ugly word: "S-p-i-k-y" word (used in store description by EA itself) is "plummed" by censor. :D
    Edit 2: Strange thing: after editing my post - word before edited by censor was magically "unplummed" autonomously o_O
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    Its weird because its the only hair it recommends for me and its a Single Item Hair, the only other thing it recommends for me is the three venues I don't have yet that I have on my wishlist so I was under the impression they weren't included under the normal hair. Now I am really confused lol. Oh, by the way @Billy_jednorozec, before I posted here I just checked off LOL at a video about cats that you sent CeeJay. There dancing was funny. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
    Thanks for the heads up, TKKS! :)
    I had noticed them, too. They do have the same name as the ones on the list, and appear to have the same mesh. They also never show up on MMAO for me. However, they don't appear as owned when I view them.
    My guess is that there was some confusion early on and whoever placed them in the store thought that adult and elder hairs were separate.
    The store has always been riddled with glitches, or so it appears. I still occasionally get offered the Regency Arcade on the MMAO, even though I own it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top