Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking of buying

Hello!

I just got my mac laptop up and running again. I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on purchasing Island Paradise or Back to the Future. Which one in your opinion is better to play.

Comments

• flanaryflanary Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Jlm0072012 wrote:
    Hello!

I just got my mac laptop up and running again. I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on purchasing Island Paradise or Back to the Future. Which one in your opinion is better to play.

I don't know about Macs but I know on PCs Island Paradise doesn't work. Back to the Future is awesome though!

With Island Paradise - I've tried to get help with the constant glitching and the best answer I get is "Your computer is not good enough." interestingly - when I get this answer they ask nothing ABOUT my computer. (In fact the last response I got was its either you CPU or graphics card whichever is the weakest. They asked NOTHING about my CPU or graphics card - which both fit into their spec requirements - far beyond min. Interestingly I entertained this possibility and downloaded this on a bigger computer (I7 with a bigger card - and am having the *EXACT* same issue.) (

The issue is its like the sims lag - or freeze - or something every 2 minutes or so - It's BEYOND annoying.

So - save yourself some frustration and get Into the Future - I've had absolutely no trouble with it at all.
  • FrogsnackFrogsnack Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2014

I've never had my island paradise not work!

I had way more trouble with pets.... hoestly it's amazing and worth playing!

Here's a video from someone who got it to work, all about routing etc taht I found on another forum if you'd like to review it;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HMnXYAgliU
  • LanceBLanceB Posts: 30
    edited February 2014
    Save your money. This expansion is a mess. Lags and freezes make it almost impossible to play. The Overwatch mod from Nrass helps a bit, but is not a final solution. The only reason to buy this expansion is to get the ability to turn your sim into a mermaid. Outside of this, dive spots, and a free run-down resort there is no point in having this world. You'll be spending a lot of money for very little.
  • lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited February 2014
    So many people (including me) have had problems with the Island Paradise expansion, not specifically the expansion pack itself because let me tell you, some of the things that are included in that pack are amazing like the boats, houseboats, scuba diving, mermaids etc but more with the world included, Isla Paradiso. It has some, or lets say, many routing problems and many people cannot play it because of lag spikes which happen every minute or so and get very annoying. :roll:

Island Paradise is a great expansion pack but if you're thinking of buying now, just think about it for a moment because Island Paradise is very limited in its functionality when the world Isla Paradiso is very problematic and laggy.

But hey, you never know, you could be one of the ones where the world runs fine and without a problem! With regards to Into The Future, I don't own it and don't plan to as I really don't like futuristic stuff, but it's down to your preference. Just know that there are a lot of unresolved issues in Island Paradise. Good luck. :-)
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks!:)

I purchased Island Paradise and so far I am having no issues from the game. Thanks everyone for responding.