Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Showcase* Made by Minke - Malwyn Manor p5

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    Your industrial loft is beautiful! :D I love the urban chic style! The brick wall, the decor items and the gallery looking down on the living space downstairs looks stunning. Recommended. Good job Minke. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, Minke! Your creations are very pretty! I thought, that I've already commented here, but because I don't find my post here, probably something disrupted me, because I've already recommended everything in your studio :)

Edit: sry, remembered wrong on an English word, and wrote something different instead of 'disrupted' - lol
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited October 2013
    Your Industrial Loft is great. :) Great brickwork for the exterior and interior. It looks great the way you used the greenhouse set roof items. Great balcony area for relaxing on the loungers outdoors, or cooking on the bbq and enjoying eating with such great views from high up there! Great place for using the telescope for star gazing too. Nice shared pool area on the ground too for relaxing, cooking and eating outdoors. Nice type of table and chairs that you have placed on a platform level there. Great layout and furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have the kitchen on a platform. Great design of the kitchen. The bar counter looks good. The plants in the living room area are nice touches of green. Great way you have done the balcony bedroom area. Nice casual comfortable sitting area nearby. The pictures you have placed on the walls in the bedroom and art/music areas look great. Great study nook with the desk to read and use a computer at.
    Great home ! :)
  • minkieBminkieB Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone,

Sorry it took me a while to respond I was really busy in real life. *moving to the other side of the world does that*

Anyways, thanks so much for the comments! Urban chic I like that description Yanti, thank you :D

Imoger, no worries if you didn't reply before. You did now and I appreciate it very much. I know there are a lot of these showcases, I thought I'd give it a try. Thank you so much for all the recommendations you gave me.

Rosemow, as always so great to read your thoughts. You're so nice I can't describe it. Thank you, really.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2014
    A small bump from me ;)

I've been really busy finishing up at university and moving to the other side of the world. But I finally managed to catch my breath and relax. Just waiting on my new computer to be finished so I don't have to use my craptop any longer.

Hooray for no crashes and lagging!

I'll try to add my last houses from my studio in this thread so it's up to date. I'm also working on a Victorian house and I'd love to get some feedback about it as I'm having major doubts and issues with it.

See you soon and happy simming!
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2014
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    Really beautiful builds you have here :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited January 2016
    Thank you to the both of you :D

Now it's time for I think my favorite build in my current studio, the lighthouse. Even though I like it, it seems it has the lowest amount of downloads maybe it's because you need Monte Vista in order to get the actual lighthouse. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

If you want to download it you can do so on the exchange.

A couple of pictures to give you an idea of what the house looks like.

9149081_orig.png

1414628_orig.jpg

7872404_orig.jpg

4585711_orig.jpg

4245595_orig.jpg

5742828_orig.jpg

4612118_orig.jpg

1292412_orig.jpg

3389351_orig.jpg

6862828_orig.jpg

3688751_orig.jpg

721982_orig.jpg

Post edited by minkieB on
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2014
    The lighthouse is a very nice home! :) Great exterior of it as a lighthouse! It looks great how you have done the tower and the top area of the lighthouse. Very nice type of windows that you have used and nice placement of them. It looks great how you have done the terrain. . It looks nice how you have done the plants, flowers and trees through the outdoors areas. Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment. The stairs and the paving pathways through the outdoors areas look great. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The patterns that you have used for the walls look very nice. Very nice art and reading sunroom. It looks nice the type of seats and table that you have placed there. The lemonade jug on the table is a nice touch. It looks a nice light filled room for sims to enjoy spending time in. Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the comfortable sofa there, listening to music from the music player . It looks great how you have placed the table and shelf behind the sofa and placed the items on them. Nice window dining area for sims to sit at the table and enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst they are eating. The sunflowers on the table are a nice cheery touch. Great design of the kitchen. It looks great how you have done the counters. The cake stand is nice for sims to see when preparing food there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Nice sofa sitting area in the master bedroom for sims to relax in front of the fireplace. It is nice that you have placed the row of pictures above the fireplace for sims to see when sitting there. Very pretty floral pattern that you have used in the girls bedroom. It looks great how you have created the lounger in the corner. The teddy, giraffe and horse on the floor look cute! Great nautical themed boy's bedroom. The boat and lighthouse themed wall pattern looks great with the boat bed and the life ring and fish on the wall. The sports balls décor on the floor looks great. Very nice outdoors patio area for sims to enjoy sitting on the seats at the tables or on the loungers , enjoying the outdoors air.
    It is a very nice lighthouse home! Great designing and furnishing of it! :)
    edited January 2014
    YAY for the lighthouse! :mrgreen: I love lighthouses! Good job with the interiors. Looks so cute! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited January 2014
    That's gorgeous Minke! Rec'd!
    edited January 2016
    Thanks girls!

I know I'm not as much around as I wanted to but for some reason I'm stuck and everything I start buildings ends up demolished. Don't you hate that! One more house left in my studio that I've done a while ago.

A large forest lodge styled house. At least that's the feel that it's giving me. Tried some landscaping this time and I had fun with it.

If you want to download it you can do so on the exchange.

As always some pictures to show you around. There's quite a lot of pictures this time, I wanted to show you as much as possible and I quite like this house.

8446625_orig.png

2971495_orig.jpg

1722608_orig.jpg

4530164_orig.jpg

5946454_orig.jpg

3265433_orig.jpg

6318812_orig.jpg

2207355_orig.jpg

4592821_orig.jpg

8259716_orig.jpg

8276811_orig.jpg

1824139_orig.jpg

2715674_orig.jpg

977288_orig.jpg

4842650_orig.jpg

2887860_orig.jpg

2816625_orig.jpg

2832424_orig.jpg

5293909_orig.jpg

7261714_orig.jpg

5033033_orig.jpg

5387980_orig.jpg

4086960_orig.jpg

240987_orig.jpg

8159130_orig.jpg

283300_orig.jpg

1356368_orig.jpg

3977719_orig.jpg

For now this is the last finished project at the moment. I'm still struggling with my Victorian and will post some WIP pictures soon to get your point of view. It's been haunting me in my nightmares.

Then I've got another house but when I added the pool the garage got flooded. So, I'm figuring that out on how to fix it.

As always, happy simming everyone!

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited February 2014
    WOW Minke! :shock: :shock: That is a fantastic build! :D I adore the architecture and the landscaping! Looks so real! Left you a well deserved recommendation! Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited February 2014
    Forest Lodge is very nice :) it looks very nice how you have done the outdoors areas! The flowers, plants and trees look very nice! Nice pond area. The water feature in the middle of it looks nice. Great pool area. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside of the loungers or enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their cooked meal in the sunshine at the table. Great exterior of the house! The wraparound porch looks great. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seats on the porch in the air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the house! Nice sitting area near the window for sims to sit and have a chat with the sunlight coming in through the window or listen to music from the stereo. Great art nook corner for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out at the views through the windows. It looks great how you have placed the items on the shelves in the room where the lounger is, for sims to see as they relax there reading a book. Very nice design of the kitchen ! The counters look great! Very nice furnishing of the kitchen. Nice colour shades and patterns that you have used for the beds. Great upper outside patio. It looks nice that you have placed plants there for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2014
    rec'd! Super, super cute Minkie! Lovely exteriors and landscaping..cozy interiors!
    edited January 2016
    Thank you ladies for the nice comments! This gives me motivation to continue building and sharing my creations good, bad or worse ;)

I'm currently building two houses at the moment. One is a modern type home, just a simple clean lines that had a flooded basement. Took me about an hour to raise the entire house, messing up all the windows and the roof. But in the end I fixed the flood! I do need to raise the garden a bit in the front and split up the stairs as the current one is too big throwing the house off balance in my point of view. One sneak peak.

5363124_orig.jpg

The other is haunting me and I'm already getting nightmares when I think of the interior but I've been working on it since October on and off. More off then on to be precise. But then again a challenge is just that, a challenge.

Some pictures of the work in progress of my very first Victorian, be gentle! I'm kidding, if you have feedback and advice let me know. It's the only way to learn and improve.

This is what I got after demolishing like 30 different foundations and half build shell houses.

5382349_orig.jpg

Adding patterns and colors took me ages but I'm happy with this in the end after trying dozens of other patterns and colors.

4269710_orig.jpg

Not really happy with the turret how it shows in this picture. I don't know if it's the windows, the pattern or the size of the entire thing or all of the above. Changed it later on and it has improved but still, I'm not quite sure.

7201680_orig.jpg

Back side of the house, quite happy with this part actually. Added some more detailing though.

3883059_orig.jpg

I added some garden stuff as I was in the mood for that and it gives me some better perspective of how it looks. A house on a blank lot is quite hard to imagine the entire picture, at least for me. Changing the turret, different windows and different pattern.

4956691_orig.jpg

Different pattern on the turret, what do you think? At the moment my mind says the green style.

3152319_orig.jpg

More details added and continued with landscaping and the garden.

9293589_orig.jpg

5495083_orig.jpg

Tips & advice are very welcome!

Thank you.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Both of your WIPs are looking great! :) Very nice Victorian home! It looks great how you have done the exterior of the house! It looks very nice how you have done the flowers through the outdoors. The arched bridge over the pond looks nice. The gazebo looks great. It looks nice how you have done the greenhouse. Nice outdoor cooking and dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking in the BBQ there and eating the meal at the table with nice floral surroundings. It looks nice how you have done the front pathway with the levels of steps and the hedge fencing on the sides of the pathway. The build is looking great! :)
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Rose for your comment. As always you're wonderful and so supportive to everyone on this forum. So lovely of you to visit my thread I can't say enough how much I appreciate that.

When looking at the Victorian again I came to the conclusion I don't have room for a pool or somewhere to park a car. I wanted to add a little garage and such but the lot is pretty filled. Currently the lot size is 50x50 and now I'm thinking of taking it to a 64x64 lot.

Confusion confusion. Any ideas or other feedback?

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited February 2014
    WOW! :D What fantastic WIPs! Great start! Both the architectures are fabulous! Nice CASing too. Looking forward to more pics. :D
    edited March 2014
    Thanks! I'll see if I can get some more pics, struggling with the interior now and hit a wall.

I'm so stuck in this build (and every other build) I paused it for now and tried something completely different. Messing around in create a world to create a world and I'm having soo much fun. I don't know what I like more creating a world or creating a house. This way I can combine it ;)

World won't be available for download, just something for myself to use. I don't really play the sims because I always miss half of the rabbit holes and venues in standard worlds. I have so many worlds, expansion packs and store content and I want to use it.

No worries, I won't forget the Victorian. I've got some new ideas and a new color scheme that will work better.... I hope.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited March 2014
    That is so exciting! :D You are brave to try to build a world! Maybe you can post some pics of your world here? Have fun! :D
    edited March 2014
    Thanks girls!

I used the largest map and the distant terrain from sunset valley. Because I didn't want an island but more of a country feel.

A river is splitting the sections up a downtown city area and a more suburban area including some farms and beaches on the other side.

However, landscaping and adding the distant terrain is going fine. I can even add the effects to create a waterfall and such. But terrain painting! I've spend 5 weeks now trying to make it look good and it never does.

Waiting on that ZOO course which can help me out. So for now I've downloaded a world with a similar look I have in my head and just removed all the objects, lots and roads and such. Leaving me an already painted world.

I know, really bad of me but I wasn't planning to share the world in the first place. I used a world made by Geminiagre, she did a much better job in painting then me.

Now it's figuring out a layout and make a database of each lot size.

Minke
    1395019323.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like you are having fun Minke! Happy simming! :D
    edited March 2014
    I am, well I was. Create a world tool crashed a couple of days ago and I have no idea yet on how to get it working again.

Something with memory issues which I googled and seems to be a common problem. I tried installing the tool on my D drive which has a lot of empty space but that wouldn't go either. And my C drive is kind of full :p

So jeah, now I need to reorganize things and start from scratch. Hence me choosing the pre made world and not doing the landscaping myself anymore.

No pictures though except from the original world. In due time I'll get it back working again.

*goes to the simstore to do some shopping*

Shopping always makes a girl happy ;)

Minke
    1395019323.jpg