Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anybody collect their favorite sim families and place them all in one world?

anybody collect their favorite sim families and place them all in one world?

i have and i find my town so alive and fun. im on my 4th generation and so is everyone in my town, so now i have totally unique sims all over my game because sims are having kids with sims from other worlds.

if you don't, you should really try it.

Comments

• Options
    MelandBellaMelandBella Posts: 121 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Hehe I would, but my family always has one sim that is my favorite sim and it looks mostly the same in all of my families xD
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited February 2014
    I just tried this not long ago and let me just say the Goldbeard family from BB does not get along with the Shue family from HS at all. My game has been very rowdy after doing this also.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2014
    MarLee67 wrote:
    I just tried this not long ago and let me just say the Goldbeard family from BB does not get along with the Shue family from HS at all. My game has been very rowdy after doing this also.

hahaha!

the van goulds from Moonlight falls, aint really liked by a lot of sims from other worlds,and dated about 4 people so far, hd about 8 kids in him lifetime lol.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have been considering doing something like this. I decided set up a game in Twinbrook for later, but one of the things I want when I start a game is a decent larger house for my sim to eventually buy and move into. I looked at every vacant house in Twinbrook and didn't find a single one I really like, though I did find a starter lot I liked, once I got rid of the nasty, mildewed look of all the walls, floors, pillars, and furniture. There are some in the library I like that came with Twinbrook, but there were very few vacant lots to begin with, and adding in the community lots from other EPs that I want in every town now, not only took all the vacant lots, but I had to bulldoze some houses to get them in there. Plus, the houses in the library that came with Ambitions, that I like, are all too large for any of the vacant lots that were in the town to begin with! I guess they must have expected players to use them to replace other houses already in the town, because that's the only way to get them in there. But none of the vacant houses are on large enough lots, so you'd have to bulldoze an occupied lot.

So I started thinking of bulldozing a world and adding in my favorite versions of each of the community lots, and my favorite houses from each world, and from the library. Then of course, I'd need to populate it, and thought I would choose my favorite townies from all the worlds I have.

I have Sunset Valley second edition, and thought about using that, replacing houses and households that I don't like with ones I do. But although I really like the size of it, and the large number of available lots, whenever I open it, I get terrible lag, even in edit town mode. I can't imagine it's going to play smoothly in live mode. I guess it's going to take a while to decided what world to start with, or maybe I should make one myself. It's definitely not going to be a quick project, and I guess the first step should be to decide what houses and households I want, so I'll know how many and what sizes of lots it will need.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do this in almost all of my games because I usually play in custom worlds where the worlds all start out empty and I have to populate it myself with my own Sims and story progression dosen't do much to help with populating towns with my chosen settings,but I can grow the town and populate it manually and get them having babies when they really are ready for the baby.I also have to do pet adoptions manually if I want households to have pets.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do this all the time... but they are mostly families from my bin that I have created or downloaded and not usually from an EA town. I love running into my favorite sims and their families while out and about town.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do that all the time. I keep a copy of favorites from each town in my library and move them around from town to town. Sometimes I play them, sometimes they become townies to make the game more interesting.

I also keep favorite EA houses and lots in my library.

I was spending a lot of time bulldozing towns to make my own with a combination of favorite buildings, homes and families and then I found this plain, tiny world.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8018806

Since it's so small it doesn't take weeks and weeks to build. I've found it's very easy to place lots with world editor.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love doing this!! I love taking all of my favorite sims (usually ones I created, but sometimes townies), placing them in one world, and seeing what happens. Then I micromanage their lives using the Story Progression mod and have a blast reading all about them and their dramas :lol:

I'm actually going to do this soon when I install Cotes D'Ambonnay, the BEAUTIFUL French Medieval world recently released by xSorcier and Reachsims. I have big plans of making over a ton of sims to make them fit in the world. Actually, I already listed which ones I wanted to use and used a randomizer to determine their social classes in the Medieval society! I think I'm finally going to make use of the caste system in the SP mod.

Yeah, I'm a little nuts :oops: But when I do stuff like this I get to feel like the almighty and all-knowing creator of the sim world- it's a bit of a power trip :twisted:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I have done that and it is a lot of fun to run into Sims you've made in CAS yourself. I also found it rather amusing to have one of my Sims call upon another of my Sims to rid their household of ghosts. Or, to have them investigate somebody. LOL

Currently, I'm playing in a town where I started with a base family, and as the children grew into YA I got them married and had them move to their own households. Being that I started with five children and they are now all on their own with children, you can imagine what a busy bustling town it really is. I'm currently playing the second oldest male from the original household. He's my singer Sim. It's nice to see his family members come and support him at various gigs about town.

Using NRaas' Story Progression, I don't have to worry about the rest of the family. They basically take care of themselves, so that I get the best of both worlds. (The rotation play of Sims2, without the hassle!)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes! I do it all the time. And let me tell you, Claire Ursine does not like the Caliente sisters in Barnacle Bay. If they are in the same place they will walk up to each other and start fighting!

I have also made a town full of my own custom made sim families! It was really cool and I have most of them and some sims from other towns saved to the bin so that I can move them in as I wish.

*edit for spelling
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @jojo777 story progression is what makes it worth while, i see sims having babies left and right and breaking up the next day, it sad and funny to see how easy sims can call quits at things. i never really got into the whole castle idea but ill be interested to hear how it worked in your world your going to play in.

@PHOEBESMOM601 im so picky on my worlds i play in, that i always go for a world that up to at least island paradise so i don't have to do much work at all. glad to see you found a way that works for you tho!

@tammyjo329 i love the only having a few clubs and you see EVERY SIM at the one bar you choose, bonus!

@TadOlson i save my self the trouble and use a story progression mod, i have so many pets and sims having babies around town, that i ran out of houses, it seems i need a world with 80 plus houses to keep up with the sims popping out babies.

@IreneSwift i love sim reality worlds, should take a look at them. If your into twinbrook still, someone did update it to showtime, and the video/link on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LoHc9xPrs

A44653B66E607E9A3D7676CAC83725459F293D76
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @atomic_rose now im tempted to place them in my game and invite them to the same party :P

@GalacticGal i wish i could move out my sims, i have an household of 18 (5 pets, 1 robot, 12 sims) .. cause my recent 2 sims had quadruplets (had it set to 0.05 chance, and i somehow got it, even tho i was just going for twins). im trying to make my own legacy graveyard, if i knew how to get my sim's gravestone in my inventery to add to my main yard, i would move them out, but until then, im not moving out any sim.
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited February 2014
    turistas9 wrote:
    @atomic_rose now im tempted to place them in my game and invite them to the same party :P

@GalacticGal i wish i could move out my sims, i have an household of 18 (5 pets, 1 robot, 12 sims) .. cause my recent 2 sims had quadruplets (had it set to 0.05 chance, and i somehow got it, even tho i was just going for twins). im trying to make my own legacy graveyard, if i knew how to get my sim's gravestone in my inventery to add to my main yard, i would move them out, but until then, im not moving out any sim.

That would be awesome if they hated each other in your game too! I have never seen sims react they way that those three do! It is the first time in any of my games that I have seen this and it is super exciting.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2014
    turistas9 wrote:
    @IreneSwift i love sim reality worlds, should take a look at them. If your into twinbrook still, someone did update it to showtime, and the video/link on youtube.

I do have a few worlds from My Sim Realty, and I will be considering them right along with the EA worlds for my world makeover. I've also decided to go through the EA worlds I have, bulldoze all the vacant houses I don't like, and replace them with others I do like. Plus, I downloaded the add any lot size mod, so I can place the exact size lots I need for those odd-sized community lots I like to have in all my games.

The only reason I wanted to put this sim in Twinbrook is because I want her to stay single. When an attractive single townie guy sim starts romancing her non-stop, I find it impossible to resist having her marry him, which has messed up my plans every time I've started playing her in the professional sports career, so far. But there aren't any guys in Twinbrook that I'm willing to have my female sims marry, except Marc Brandt, who should be easy to keep her away from, since he won't be her co-worker. But I'll take a look at that video you posted the link for. I'd play Twinbrook more if I could get it modified more to my liking. It has the best central park of all the worlds I have, in my opinion.
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2014
    IreneSwift wrote:
    The only reason I wanted to put this sim in Twinbrook is because I want her to stay single.

I just have to say that I laughed my head off at this. Twinbrook is my favorite town, and the only town where I like to keep 99% of the EA townies rather than replacing them, but there's no arguing with your reasoning. ;) I moved my celibate priest/clergy household to Twinbrook. They were not tempted in Twinbrook.

My second Twinbrook household dated amongst themselves, but they socialize more with Twinbrook's population than any of my other sims do in SV, Bridgeport, Riverview, or Starlight Shores, because I think the Twinbrook townies are more fun.
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited February 2014
    turistas9 wrote:
    @jojo777 story progression is what makes it worth while, i see sims having babies left and right and breaking up the next day, it sad and funny to see how easy sims can call quits at things. i never really got into the whole castle idea but ill be interested to hear how it worked in your world your going to play in.

Yes, it's too much fun to hear about all of it! One time I kept track of how many romances certain sims had going over the course of the game, and one non-active sim that I'd created ended up with at least 8 or 9 exes. He practically completed the Heartbreaker LTW without me even controlling him!! :shock:

I also always love seeing who has babies and the drama involving that! I once made an active sim of mine get pregnant by another sim's husband, and then due to the genie fertility stuff she was all set to have quads. Pretty much right after I did that, SP informed me that the sim's actual wife was having a baby! So quadruplets were born and then like a day later their half-sibling was born. I wasn't expecting SP to make her pregnant, but I guess she didn't know about the cheating!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    I use 45 NRaas Mod package files and the story progression is custom tuned to make me do most of the work manually and get the little help I might actually need from the Mod and it makes it very easy to have the town growing and coming alive unlike with EA's SP which is game-breaking and turns games into horrible unplayable nightmares.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Jojo777 wrote:
    turistas9 wrote:

Yes, it's too much fun to hear about all of it! One time I kept track of how many romances certain sims had going over the course of the game, and one non-active sim that I'd created ended up with at least 8 or 9 exes. He practically completed the Heartbreaker LTW without me even controlling him!! :shock:

I also always love seeing who has babies and the drama involving that! I once made an active sim of mine get pregnant by another sim's husband, and then due to the genie fertility stuff she was all set to have quads. Pretty much right after I did that, SP informed me that the sim's actual wife was having a baby! So quadruplets were born and then like a day later their half-sibling was born. I wasn't expecting SP to make her pregnant, but I guess she didn't know about the cheating!

best part is, i see the heartbreaker too. i placed rihanna in my town with that, she has 2 kids so far and broke atleast 6 guy's hearts so far.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2014
    Although there are several individual sims that I use from other towns, there are no families that I would want. I usually empty out my town and fill it with these sims and others from my bin, creating families using Play with Genetics in CAS and single households.

I recently made over all the townies in Sunset Valley (not so much that you wouldn't recognize them, but enough to improve their genetic viability) and am playing two separate saves in the made over town to see the genetic outcome over several generations.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/727622.page
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Although there are several individual sims that I use from other towns, there are no families that I would want. I usually empty out my town and fill it with these sims and others from my bin, creating families using Play with Genetics in CAS and single households.

I recently made over all the townies in Sunset Valley (not so much that you wouldn't recognize them, but enough to improve their genetic viability) and am playing two separate saves in the made over town to see the genetic outcome over several generations.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/727622.page

nice! will check out, sim makeovers are always fun.
    whats with this play with genetics options, i never seem to notice / see it so now im wondering.
  • Options
    MahiayMahiay Posts: 58 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. I love families with kids, so theres too much of them.