Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone do this

so I bought Monte Vista and Roaring Heights on sale because i'v been wanting them created familys/sim for there only to get bored end up back where I was originally playing

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've sort of done that.

I try to play the other worlds I have, but I always wind up back in Twinbrook. :lol:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2014
    I got monte vista on sale to , so far I am still playing in it, this world runs very smoothly with seasons and island paradise in, but normally I buy worlds and then go back to my orginal which is normally riverview.

I have not bought roaring heights because its more city like and I know I would return to a country type world I did buy the roller coaster separate, I don't like bridge port but I do use late night clubs in my game, this is first time I have stuck with a store world so long, but monte vista, fits clubs and also the resort from island paradise fits in nicely, kinda looks more monte vista resort with the same colour roofs.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2014
    i have that issue with most worlds besides the evansdale county and anne arbour by sim reality that i use for my generations. so now i use traveller by nraas and send them to the other worlds as a vacation instead of a move. Its helps a lot since it a new place to visit but doesnt involve the whole packing and moving.
  • JessicaB9188JessicaB9188 Posts: 407 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do it as well. I have everything but Lunar Lakes, I play for a sim week or so and still end up back in sunset valley. Though Lucky Palms is second on my list. When I start a new game I always end up starting in sunset valley. :D
    JessiBeau Here! :D
    Hop on over to my YouTube Channel if you'd like!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do it as well. I have everything but Lunar Lakes, I play for a sim week or so and still end up back in sunset valley. Though Lucky Palms is second on my list. When I start a new game I always end up starting in sunset valley. :D

I only have one of the Store Worlds, Lunar Lakes. I find it way too small for my needs. I always end up in Sunset Valley [Seasons Second Edition] by Lynx. He's made some innovative changes that really opens the town up. And, he's added a few venues from LN and ST, so that I only have to add a few more. There's also room for some of my home lots.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JessicaB9188JessicaB9188 Posts: 407 Member
    edited February 2014
    I actually had planned to download SV second edition, but I've had to uninstall some of my EP's so that my game will run smoother until I get a new PC, so a lot of the worlds that have been made require the EP's I uninstalled. Of course since one of the EP's I uninstalled is Showtime, I don't need as many empty lots! Lol.

I've just always LOVED sunset valley. Don't get me wrong, I like my other worlds, but SV has always just had a hold on my heart. I guess perhaps because it was the first sims 3 town and I was so amazed by the open town and other new things to TS3 after playing TS2!
    JessiBeau Here! :D
    Hop on over to my YouTube Channel if you'd like!
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited February 2014
    I usually do that when I first download a town, or I'll go in and fix up some of the premade families and redecorate some of their houses. Then I miss my current families, so I go back to them. But then I get tired of them after a while so I go to the new neighborhood. LOL :) That's one thing I love about having so many different neighborhoods: each one sort of feels like a completely different game, so I'm never bored!
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do that all the time. I brought Monte Vista too and I promise myself I would buy it with my own money from my paycheck. Brought it, looked at it, and went right back to what I was doing in another world. Haven't played it not one bit really. lol

I might go back to it once I get bored with Midnight Hollow. That world seems to be the only store brought world keeping my interest right now.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited February 2014
    I always seem to gravitate back to some form of SV also. I guess it's because I really like the townies there. I've been playing them so long they seem like old friends. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MelandBellaMelandBella Posts: 121 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Yep, I tried playing many towns but I always end up in Appaloosa Plains. The other towns are just laggy, I'm planning to give Riverwiev a try if it's not laggy.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2014
    I recently bought Hidden Springs because I needed a change. Only played a couple of sim weeks in that town and my sim was busy the whole time with her garden. I'll make my way back there one day. :P
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yep, I try new things and sets and towns but I normally gravitate back to what's most familiar. And for me that's Sunset Valley. :)
    giphy.gif

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2014
    The town I pick for a game save depends on the family and what the goals (if any) are. I haven't been back to Monte Vista for a while, since Seasons came out; maybe I"ll start a new game there since I can have more garden plants by adding in the herbs from Uni Life and the orange trees from Grandpa's Grove. (I did a major remodel of the Lavender House from Champs le Sims that made it perfect for Monte Vista.)

My current game is in Sunset Valley (Second Edition) -- I felt it the best setting for the Prism Art Studio. I might take a look at Champs le Sims and see if there are any buildings that I could repurpose into an art studio and move to Monte Vista. My favorite town/world is Hidden Springs, especially after I do major remodeling; I keep a copy of the remodeled town in a separate folder on my computer and move it to the Saves file whenever I want to start a game there. I do that with several other worlds like my current Sunset Valley (Second Edition), Roaring Heights, Lucky Palms, etc. I want to try a remake of Barnacle Bay to see if I can make it more usable as my next project.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited February 2014
    I must be weird. I don't play worlds exactly. If my save gets too laggy, I'll save my family to the bin and move them to another world, but I rarely feel like I must play a certain place. Except Starlight Shores for Simporting. And I'll use Traveler to send Simmies to Isla Paradisio for vacations...
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited February 2014
    I always end up back in Sunset Valley, IMO best world ever.
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited February 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I always seem to gravitate back to some form of SV also. I guess it's because I really like the townies there. I've been playing them so long they seem like old friends. :lol:
    I always revert to SV because of this very reason :mrgreen: