Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AREZZO BATHROOM COUNTER CORRUPT CC ATTACHING ITSELF TO SIMS! VERY IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE READ!

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock: Where were you when I reported that thing in Crinc's post last month? I have had it and even if you do delete the code and something still has it and you reinstall stuff the launcher you still get it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2013
    This counter is still making the rounds. I DL a simm who had it stuck to them. It was a bear to get rid of. It thinks its a store file but you can not find it in the launcher unless you search the whole launcher content file. (The first tab)and does not go away by deleting the sims like most files do.
    GRRRR.
  • ShiverGirlShiverGirl Posts: 252 New Member
    edited July 2013
    When I was reading this, I was like " It's not in my game, but might as well check..." Then there it was!!! SO I quickly uninstalled it, and the funny thing is, my launcher had been crashing after I downloaded a certain sim ( which never showed up in the launcher but in the game ), but the game was a bit laggy but usually cleared up fast. Good news is, after I un-installed this thing, my launcher stopped crashing. I'm SO happy my launcher stopped crashing, it has been for months. I'm so disappointed in myself though, since I've been so wary of certain CC in my game after un-installing my game years ago because of it. :(

May I ask, is there anyway to detect the sim who is infected? Because the sim I mentioned earlier, is in my game now ( I thought it would have been alright since she showed up in the game ) , now has a baby, and I don't her corrupt CC to spread any further! I'm thinking about annihilating her with twallan's mod. Also if I created a new sim in create-a-sim would this corrupt CC attack itself to it?

EDIT: After I removed it, from some reason the sims 3 decided to start itself up, on it's own! O.o I'm certain this is not me, because the launcher would have closed and I never clicked it! Okay, now I'm freaked out.
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for letting us know about this. Does it not show up in the launcher sometimes if it does how can we get rid of it if we find it?
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2013
    Apparently it doesn't just attach to sims. I don't download sims from the exchange - but I did break down and download a beautiful houseboat a couple of weeks ago - which is the only thing I've downloaded from the exchange since my computer died and I did a reinstall on old computer - and there is the counter. Sigh.

*goes back to page 1 to completely read removal instructions*
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2013
    You are right, Surreal! I was going to post about this. I just got that cabinet last week from a world I downloaded. An uninhabited world. I assume it is the world anyway, since I installed two on the day it said the cabinet was installed. I have not loaded up either since then and it has not returned. I need to though to figure out which world is the problem so I can let the creator know. It goes against my instincts to try to give myself bad cc though. :shock:

Thankfully, this piece of unwanted CC is pretty easy to get rid of.
  • 4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited July 2013
    i checked and i didn't have it here's a free bump
    edited July 2013
    BUMP

Also, isn't this like that doll thing that use to attach itself to sims and stuff? Can't EA just create a patch to make sure even if it's there, it'll cause no trouble?
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2013
    I just checked, and phew!, I don't have it! :) thanks :)
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sounds similar to that doll from hell
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2013
    You will also find items infected with the counter being 'featured'. Wouldn't it be nice if the gurus saw fit to at least ensure the safety of the items that they feature? For the last few months I randomly check the items in the carousel and without fail I have found at least one item in the batch to be carrying that counter. Very often in items that claim to be CC Free.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2013
    You will also find items infected with the counter being 'featured'. Wouldn't it be nice if the gurus saw fit to at least ensure the safety of the items that they feature? For the last few months I randomly check the items in the carousel and without fail I have found at least one item in the batch to be carrying that counter. Very often in items that claim to be CC Free.
    Thanks for he heads up hon. Good to know.
    YShQCz1.png
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited July 2013
    I checked my files and did find it in an old dc backup file from my previous sims 3 file, which I had to remove due to many problems. Thank you!
    edited July 2013

Thanks for the heads up, because I nearly decided to download one of them. I think I'll just stay clear from downloading in all. The Exchange just brings a lot of trouble to my game.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2013
    ShiverGirl wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, because I nearly decided to download one of them. I think I'll just stay clear from downloading in all. The Exchange just brings a lot of trouble to my game.

Please don't let what I said keep you from downloading from the exchange. It is meant to encourage others to be proactive in ensuring the safety of their own game and not relying on a guru's uneducated recommendation or a 'CC-Free' tag on a creator's upload.

If you flat out refuse to allow any exchange items into your game, you could really miss out on many incredible creations. Once you learn how to use Custard and scan correctly, it takes but seconds to determine if a downloaded item is safe. If not, then simply delete from your launcher and move along to the next item that catches your eye.

There are so many amazing creators out there, to let the laziness or ignorance of a few ruin the exchange experience and keep you from enjoying them is sad. Just learn how to protect yourself.
    edited November 2013
    I just found this counter in my game and cannot find it in my launcher to delete it. I got CC magic but it will not work because I always empty my downloads folder so It can't find it. Does anyone know of another way to access this counter so I can get it out? I searched my PC for the file and it is not coming up in any search so I am thinking it must have a new file name or something? I really don't want to have to start a whole new game file and install the store again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Love2cook123Love2cook123 Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't download from exchange but I think it is important that people know about this so BUMP!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just did an extensive search of Installed Content in launcher and no counter. Plus, as a general cleaning routine, delete everything in dccache folder except ccmerged once it gets bigger than 20-30 gb.

Plus, plus, free bump. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited November 2013
    The only place I can see the counter is in game and of course it cannot be removed from there. Meanwhile I cannot play because it causes the game to crash. I am not looking forward to 2 days of re-installing all of my content to start a clean game!
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited November 2013
    The only place I can see the counter is in game and of course it cannot be removed from there. Meanwhile I cannot play because it causes the game to crash. I am not looking forward to 2 days of re-installing all of my content to start a clean game!

Do you know what item from the exchange it came with? If so, try re-installing it (you already have the counter) that should bring it up to the top of the launcher (unless you uninstalled it). Hopefully, the counter will come up too. It is helpful to figure out what content it came with. I had this in my game a few months ago (from a world) and I had to search through my installed content a few times before I actually saw it in there. If you don't allow the game to make the tmp files in dccache then it may not show up. Once I allowed mt game to make the tmp files, I could see everything installed.

But others are right, if you searched your library folder for

0xee20737c7dc80e00dec6ef0b2c262a36.package

and it isn't there, you will need to delete everything in your Library folder EXCEPT the ccmerged file. HTH! Good luck!

• jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looks like this nasty counter has made a reappearance over in the exchange; so I thought I would bump this thread to let others see it.

Please everyone check ALL creations you download with custard [at least] before you install them in your game. This will help keep your game clean!
  • Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    edited February 2014
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    Sounds similar to that doll from hell

yes...very like that doll . ughhh lol
    edited February 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I just did an extensive search of Installed Content in launcher and no counter. Plus, as a general cleaning routine, delete everything in dccache folder except ccmerged once it gets bigger than 20-30 gb.

Plus, plus, free bump. :D

good arezzo free game :)
    edited February 2014
    I just found this counter in my game and cannot find it in my launcher to delete it. I got CC magic but it will not work because I always empty my downloads folder so It can't find it. Does anyone know of another way to access this counter so I can get it out? I searched my PC for the file and it is not coming up in any search so I am thinking it must have a new file name or something? I really don't want to have to start a whole new game file and install the store again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sorry i only just saw this now :/ the only way was via the launcher. Or cc magic. Painful. i hate this counter so much and its still in circulation!
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2014
    KarilynMonroe2, please try moving your Library folder temporarily out to your Desktop and then launch your game. It will generate a new empty one. You might have the counter attached to a house that you saved to your Lot Bin. See if this works, please. Let us know if it does work. Thanks

Oh, you can move your saved lots back into your new Library folder one at a time. Process of elimination should help narrow down which lot has it. Good luck!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top