Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JessaBeans' Sims 3

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much Rose and Yanti, I appreciate it. :) The inspiration house does seem like it's out of a fairytale, so I'm happy I was able to capture some of that.

• socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2014
    Foster's Cottage is a really cute build Jessa. I am a total sucker for turn of the century campground cottages. This is reminiscent of the ones at Pacific Grove, CA. Yours is a beautiful example of the "Carpenter Gothic" style. I love the open ceiling with loft...brilliant touch. The light tones in the interior really help open up the small space. I love building small Victorians too. People don't often realize they're much harder to do than mansions. Rec'd.
    Kirk
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2014
    Gorgeous!

What is the plant on the dining table in the new version? I don't recognize it.
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Seriphina, it's 'Jar O' Flowers' from Grandpa's Grove.

Thank you very much Socalkdl. I find smaller lots to be more of a challenge too, it's harder for me to get rooflines to work and to leave enough space for routing. I am a fan of your Victorians, I really appreciate the level of detail you put into them.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited February 2014
    The new version of Fosters cottage is very nice! :) The greenhouse looks nice. It is nice that you have it as an art studio as well as sims being able to grow plants in planters there. It would be a nice light place to do painting with the sunlight coming in and being able to look out at the views. The mannequins either side of the bookcase look nice, and the type of dresser that you have used int the loft area looks pretty. The candles and petals on the bedside tables look very nice. Very nice sitting area for sims to relax in the armchairs and have a chat together, with the display cabinet and teaset next to them. The cake stand in the corner of the kitchen looks nice there. Very nice type of dining seats that you have used in the kitchen. Both versions are very nice! :)
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited February 2014
    What a cute cottage Jessabeans. I saw this on the exchange the other day and rec'd for you. I am glad I stopped in. I got to see more pictures of your beautiful cute build. It's so pretty. I think you did and awesome job. :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited February 2014
    Foster's Cottage is so cute, delicate and girly! Love it! :mrgreen:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    Jessa, I can't decide which version of Foster's I like better. They're both so pretty! Rec'd em both. :D
    edited March 2018
    A Little Creole
    Creole Cottage style Studio/All in one Bath on a 15 x 10 lot. It contains one store item 'Camelback Shutters.'

b6fb0798-e63a-4db7-84e6-5b2ac1c369e4.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Screenshot-56.jpg
    Screenshot-57.jpg
    Screenshot-55.jpg
    be1bd890-7ba9-4ab8-9ff1-42eab7459eeb.jpg

I've been wanting to build some of the creole style cottages found in New Orleans for a while, but I wanted to see if the style could be done as a mini. (Not really is the answer to that) I will be making a slightly larger version soon that is a bit more authentic. However this one was really fun to build, I had this idea of it being built in the Caribbean so I tried to furnish it with the closest sims equivalent to items that would have been brought over from Europe by the merchants, but with modern convinces added over time.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much WrathofCath, romagi and Nini. I really appreciate it. :)
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would have to say that is a fantastic cottage. I love the interiors. So very pretty. Rec'd :)
    edited February 2014
    A little Creole is very nice! :) very nice exterior of it! The dormers look great and it looks very nice how you have done the windows though the hone The rocking chairs either side of the front of the house give a nice look to the home and would be nice to relax on in the sunshine. It looks nice how you have done the back porch area with the plants and fencing. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The shades of colour and the wall paneling that you have used are very nice and create a nice feel to the home. Very nice bed area. The clock on the bedside table and the flowers on the angled corner dresser and on the wall ledge near the dining table are nice touches . It looks nice how you have placed the pictures either side of the dresser on the wall .Nice type of and way that you have placed the curtains that you have used. The lamps look pretty. It is a very nice home!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Jessa! :D WOW! :D You have done an amazing job! It looks incredibly cute! Love the architecture! Inside, it somehow looks spacious inspite of it being a 15x10 lot! Recommended and added to my favourites. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2014
    Tiny cuteness! I love a tiny home! Rec'd!
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2014
    Jessa,again a very nice job! Little Creole has a wonderful simple charm with a very elegant interior. A very cozy little house, Rec'd :)
    Kirk
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2014
    Love it!! And I love your choice in colors! Off to rec!

*edit to add* Awww I already rec'd it... I wanna rec it again!
    edited March 2018
    Brigeport Lots (Project on Hold for a bit)

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg
    (Library makeover)

Screenshot-11.jpg

Coffee shop/pizza restaurant shells, I'll add updates once I start on the interiors, still not sure about the building shape.
    Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-17-1.jpg

(I started on the coffee shop interior but have not CASt much so the colors are not settled)

Screenshot-19.jpg

(WIP rear view)

I was distracted by playing a game called 'Banished' for a while but now I'm back in sims. I have been giving Bridgeport a bit of an update. I added a harbor area, I'm not sure how to share over the water/world editor added lots. Would I need to flatten the lot so it's easier to line up or should I upload it as is?

I have a few restaurants and nightclubs in progress, the lighthouse inspired fish restaurant can been seen in the screenshot above, I have another I will be adding in WIP pictures of soon. I was going to do an Irish pub for Saint Patrick's day but it's only a few days away now so I'm not sure I will have it finished in time.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about my tiny creole cottage.
    edited March 2014
    The picture that you posted of the harbour area that you have created for Bridgeport is very nice! The lighthouse themed restaurant in the background looks great! When IP came out Joolster set up a tutorial thread to help people who were downloading lots with stilted foundations. People were planning to add a link to the tutorial thread in the exchange link of their builds to help downloaders. Perhaps you could provide a link to it too? The link to the thread is http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686919.page
    Probably what I have just written doesn't help , but I thought that I would post it just in case it does help.
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much Rose, that was a great help! I will give that a try.
    edited March 2014
    Jessa, that looks fantastic! WOW! Love that harbour area! More pics please? :D
    edited March 2018
    Garden Party (Small Park) http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8088582

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

5859ec81-d494-48a1-abc6-457a7ebbe927.jpg

This is a little park was inspired by the new garden set. It's set up for a garden party, it has a seating for 8, a small restroom, buffet table and a grill. It uses a few items from the Greenhouse venue and the rug from Grandpa's grove. I kept turning off the stack of gifts, because it's silly that they are a light. Just a heads up about that.

I found some pretty garden party inspiration pictures, if anyone is thinking of building a garden. I shared them over in Greencat's build contest.

I intended to put an easel in the park originally but forgot before I uploaded it, there should be a spot for one near one of the hanging chairs. Or as Snowmoon suggested, it would work well a small wedding venue so perhaps an arch there instead? I was thinking of it as a spot for a Spring or Summer outdoor bridal or baby shower.

edited March 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Jessa, that looks fantastic! WOW! Love that harbour area! More pics please? :D

Thank you so much, :mrgreen: I should have some screenshots ready later this week. A lot of my builds are still a bit of a mess because I started a few at once but I will have some of the harbour area for sure.
    edited March 2014
    Garden Party looks very pretty! :) It looks very nice how you have done the flowers! It looks nice the type of dining seats and tables you have used and how you have placed them. The cake stand, bottles and glasses and teaset on the buffet table look great there. Nice colour shades that you have used for the items. Nice recolouring of the gazebo. The hanging drapes look nice. It looks nice how you set up the open air area where you have the seat bench, armchair and wheel table with the items on it. The floral mat looks pretty underneath it, The balloons are nice touches in the build. It is nice that you have the hanging chairs under the trees for sims to enjoy relaxing in outdoors in the sunshine. It is a very nice park to visit to have something to eat and to enjoy sitting and relaxing outdoors in nice surroundings! :)
  • SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh, it is very pretty! Nicely done.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
    edited March 2014
    It's lovely Jessa! It looks so romantic! :D A perfect spot for a picnic! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: