Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lia Wavebreaker With custom uploaded sim picture by stw402

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
I surpose this is the first Success in editing the uploaded sim picture, thou unlike editing the lot pictures the method I used to do this will cost some money, due to the fact you need to purchase a program, MultiExtractor for removing and editing png files inside a package file. I'm sure somebody soon will make a free sims 3 version that replicate what this does.

Anyway back to my Sim

Lia Wavebreaker

Screenshot-20-2.gif

Viewing and download link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=602108

All comments welcome

Comments

• AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    You must be counting the blessings that PMs don't work around here, Stw! I imagine another round of people will be asking you for another tutorial. ;)
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :lol:LOl

I don't mind doing a tutorial, thats not a problem(well it might be at the moment considering the time) it just the program I used, cost money and I just begrudge promoting a tool that cost money, that really should be free to do anyway.

Perhaps some nice modder might have better use for a tutorial, or at least pointed in the direction of the program, so we can do this for free.

Leave it with me a few days, I will see if I get any help doing this for free first.

• AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :shock: You managed to change your avatar to a funny lookin' little pirate...
  • Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited July 2009
    I never pictured you as a pirate :P . I would change the image slightly, maybe something well... better. Cool, can't wait to see the tutorial.
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The pirate was just a little test, I'm sure I will think of something better, cheers for the nice comments.

Catch you later :mrgreen:
  • nouvellelunanouvelleluna Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi Everyone :D ,

I did a lot of researching work and I finally found out which
    program Zin779 uses.With this program you can edit the sim uploaded
    default image. I want to share this with everyone, because I know
    some people did search for a really long time.

www.zindasgoldensims.com/uic.zip

It's a program which is very easy to use.

The only thing you have to do is:
    -make a sim, house, item
    -click on share it
    -open Sims 3 Upload Image Changer, and make sure the Sims 3 Launcher isn't running
    -search the image you want to change (usually the first one)
    -click on replace
    -replace the image with the image you want to have as display picture
    -THIS MUST BE A PNG IMAGE WITH A RESOLUTION OF 512 X 512
    -click on save
    -open the Sims 3 Launcher
    -upload your sim, house, item
    -go to your page and you will see the edited image

If there's anything which I didn't explain well or you still don't understand,
    then you can ask here or e-mail me.

-NouvelleLuna

• Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi, That was really helpful, thanks. But I have a question what is the Sims 3 Upload Image Changer? And this method works for houses too right? Thanks!
    edited September 2009
    Hi, That was really helpful, thanks. But I have a question what is the Sims 3 Upload Image Changer? And this method works for houses too right? Thanks!

The Sims 3 Upload Image Changer is program which
    can change the images in sims 3 packages.

Yes, you can edit all the default display images (lots,
    sims, clothing, accessories, shoes, objects) :D

Hope that helps! :wink:

-NouvelleLuna

• Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thank you so much you really helped me out tons! :) I had been searching for a way to do it for a long time, but all of the methods were so difficult. Also I have another question. Where do you get all of those cool hairstyles from? I think that you can download them from sites. But can they harm your computer because I am playing on a new laptop and I do not want to get any viruses. If you know any sites that I can download hairstyles from, what is the safest and best one? Thanks.
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited September 2009

-NouvelleLuna

Where can you get the 'The Sims 3 Upload Image Changer'?
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited September 2009
    8) Hey Stu, long time bud, knew you had to be figuring out some kind of intricacies within the game...lol...btw I emailed you a few times but never heard back from ya :( Just wanting to catch up bud and see how you, the wife and kids are doing these day :wink: Anyways there is one thing that I would really love to see if you could figure out.

I lost several hoods (all sunset valley's) ever since the last patch but the files are still there, just inaccessible, so if you know a way to get inside the package files to see what lot is what, so that I may be able to extract the WIP's that were near finished and add back into my new install, I would seriously appreciate this bud 8) :D
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    edited September 2009
    PoppyB wrote:

-NouvelleLuna

Where can you get the 'The Sims 3 Upload Image Changer'?

Edit: the page where the link was directed to has been deleted :cry:

For Sims3issofun: you can find the link in my blog :wink: .

-NouvelleLuna
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • violet9joviolet9jo Posts: 12
    edited October 2012
    Everybody is saying how brilliant this program is, but for some reason my computer comes up with a weird message whenever I try and get on to the website...The message says :

Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    Error: (DNS), click the back button to try another link.

Do you know why this may be, how I can fix it or any alternatives?

Thanks

Nea x