Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited November 2013
    Tank you very much. Excelent job.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi LynxAQ,

Would you be willing to offer a lite version of your Season's update? What i mean by that is no sims or buildings? Or would you be willing to share the CAW files for the Season's edition?
  • Options
    Angelique370Angelique370 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Download the Sunset Valley (Second Edition) only for it to crash my game. I have windows 7 64 bit so I'm not for sure why it crashes my game not for sure if it has to do with the other worlds I have as well that is making it crash...

These are the worlds I have.

Hidden Springs
    Midnight Hollow
    North Los Angeles
    Riverview
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CHARLIEXVXCHARLIEXVX Posts: 49 New Member
    edited January 2014
    i dont think we will see any more updates for Sunset Valley as most of the moderators have left for Sims4. Lynx AQ might not be a moderator but my guess is he is getting ready to make a sunset valley for sims 4. I guess i will have to youtube how to make the last version of sunset valley workable for IP by myself. missing the updated world and Lynx AQ
  • Options
    LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2014
    Sunset Valley has always been my favorite world :D:D:D
  • Options
    ImperialmogImperialmog Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I am not sure if anyone else has addressed this. But is it possible for the gravestones and ghosts associated with the original version to appear again in this version? Since its odd that nobody is buried in either the Goth Manor, the Crumplebottom house, or the Graveyard. Another thing is family connections between people living in different houses got removed and are not in place.
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am not sure if anyone else has addressed this. But is it possible for the gravestones and ghosts associated with the original version to appear again in this version? Since its odd that nobody is buried in either the Goth Manor, the Crumplebottom house, or the Graveyard. Another thing is family connections between people living in different houses got removed and are not in place.

He had mentioned earlier that these weren't going to be in the world. Im assuming it's because Sunset Valley (the original) would have been played for some time by the dev team (or they used there dev magic to fast forward the story).

• Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2014
    Download the Sunset Valley (Second Edition) only for it to crash my game. I have windows 7 64 bit so I'm not for sure why it crashes my game not for sure if it has to do with the other worlds I have as well that is making it crash...

These are the worlds I have.

Hidden Springs
    Midnight Hollow
    North Los Angeles
    Riverview

I doubt it has anything to do with other worlds. What EP's do you have installed? Is your game patched to the latest version?
  • Options
    xXJessiXxxXJessiXx Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love this world! Could I make a suggestion? Hiking/horseback riding trails?
  • Options
    PlayDnsPrcPlayDnsPrc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Please, Please make IP edition. I only play this world. I love it. I know that lots of us would be forever grateful if u would update this world. Either way, you are awesome!!!
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited May 2014
    I agree with PlayDnsPrc, I'd love this to include some dive lots/ports!

Though even without that, this world looks awesome, and is pretty much just what I've been looking for for a while. I love playing legacy families, but for some reason always want them in Sunset Valley.. So ive been crippled with space issues.
    I'll be downloading and installing this world right after posting this, to start a new legacy family to play besides my fairy family in another world i recently found ^^ You creaters are making me want to playplayplay!

Thanks so much for creating this gem! If you do decide to inclide some island paradise aspects, I'll have my sims bow down to your feet. =3
  • Options
    floralheartsfloralhearts Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Hi can you get the new sunset valley on any of the expansion packs because I really want but I don't get how you do it so if it is please let me know thanks!!!!!! (please reply)
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    I am currently working on a final version of this world which will require all the expansion packs and have tons of room. I am sorry for not responding here in a long time but as I have mentioned before, I have a hectic job that often takes up 60+ hours of my week. I have actually not played Sims in months because of my job; however I have now got so extra spare time coming up in the months leading up to christmas and so for the last few weeks have been getting back into the Sims 3 and I am full steam ahead with updating this world.

What will be included:

- Ports and diving areas (diving areas are from the Island Paradise world).
    - Tons of new lots and 2 resorts.
    - Most of the map has been opened up and the island can now be purchased and built upon.
    - Several bug reports emailed/reported to me over the months have been fixed (hopefully).

However, in order to accommodate the house boats the distant background has been deleted and the map has had to have a lot of structural work done, especially to the back of the map as this area was obviously never intended to be looked at. The consequence is that sunset valley now looks like an island. Which I am fine with and it looks great!

Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    would it be possible to make one with no people? It takes me an hour to delete the people each time I play a new game, and I like to add my own families.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    YAY!! Welcome back LynxAQ Cannot wait for my all time favourite world to be updated, awesome!! Probably the only thing that will get me back into Sims3 atm lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Great I really can't wait I have been using the last version the seasons one all this time. Thanks again
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi LynxAQ, I've looked at your world in CAW and there are some lots that have overlapping spawners such as the junkyard lot. Also there are some fish spawners on the beach areas that aren't in the water. Thought you might like to know in case you weren't aware.

And welcome back!
    Post edited by Sunirose on
  • Options
    Sunirose wrote: »
    Hi LynxAQ, I've looked at your world in CAW and there are some lots that have overlapping spawners such as the junkyard lot. Also there are some fish spawners on the beach areas that aren't in the water. Thought you might like to know in case you weren't aware.

And welcome back!

There are no fish spawners on the beach. Those spawners on the beach are turtle spawners which look like fish spawners in CAW if you do not have the pet spawner addon installed on your CAW.

As for the junk yard - does it matter? The junk yard is an EA made one and I had no hand in placing those spawners. Overlapping spawners is not some bad thing... it just increases the density of the spawning objects, which is the intended effect in the EA made junkyard.
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I am so excited to see the finished world, this world was my favorite I ever downloaded but with no dive lots I tried a different world. I am very thankful you decided to work on this again.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if it matters or not. Just saying.

I do agree with butterfly61 though. I too am very thankful you decided to return. :)
  • Options
    PlayDnsPrcPlayDnsPrc Posts: 6 New Member
    You are so awesome LynxAQ. I truly would not enjoy my game as much as I do without your world. I am so excited that you are taking the time to update this world for us. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    I am just making the last bit of play testing - but the main page has been updated with info and images. I also have this image from the play test: EFRlzt.jpg

I should have a download ready by tomorrow latest.
  • Options
    The latest version is now available from the exchange. Creating this version was a large task as the town was clearly never designed to be used for houseboats. The back of the town never existed as the town had been built to the map edge to merge with the distant terrain, the ocean floor was a mess that had to be fixed and the island was partly distant terrain and was not actual real. For these reasons the distant terrain had to be deleted and Sunset Valley looks like an island. The good side to this was that I was now free to open up 2 new new areas and houseboats had more freedom to move around.

The dive areas from Island Paradise were placed into the map, but with the ocean floor fixed, there is plenty of space to create and add your own dive areas. There are also two resorts that were also taken from Island Paradise.

Hope you all enjoy this Final Edition!

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8434125
  • Options
    A dream come true! Thank you! :p
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    This is what I've been waiting on! Thank you so much!!! :DB)<3 (*)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top