Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yeah I don't believe I've done any edits since the last upload so you can go ahead and try your hand :)
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

Roger. 8)
    edited January 2014

Can you show me how to bury the resort tower, Zach? I tried finding out myself but it doesn't look too promising.

Update: Found something about a mod designed specifically for resort towers. Link: http://modthesims.info/d/507907
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    You shouldn't need a mod

Just make a big basement, turn on Move Objects on, and then place the tower in the basement. However, if we can fit in a resort tower above ground, then maybe we can recolor it.
    edited February 2014
    My sim's half-week in Al Medina.

My sim decided to retire from professional work and instead, make money from tips on piano and guitar. Also he windsurfs. Yeah he's a pretty cool dude:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited February 2014

Yeah about that there's already a tower buried in the basement but you beat me to the punch by posting before I did. So far I have added a staircase so Sims can access it, put in a food stand and deleted a tile that looks out of place. What else do you want done?

Don't think there's room for a tower above ground.
    edited February 2014
    mmkay then after that, I think it'd be nice to have an indoor spa area. I have set a two-floor room to make this work. I think I plan on using massage tables from the Store in the upper part.
    edited February 2014

Which massage table??

Cool pics btw. I was thinking of setting up an outdoor buffet area on the ground floor. What do you think??

We'll need more landscaping. I have tested the resort in-game and one guest's review mentioned needing more of it. :lol: So which plants do you want and where?
    edited February 2014

And thanks for putting in the resort tower! :)
    edited February 2014
    Hmm... more landscaping...

nothing with flowers. Try using any kind of palm tree that you want.

I think that the massage table comes with Sunlit Tides, which I'll have to buy. It summons NPC masseuses.

I like your outdoor buffet idea. Where did you put it?
    edited February 2014

Got it!

I haven't set them up yet; traveling now. Just developing ideas and bouncing them off you. I was thinking, right outside the lobby? There's a wide, open space there. It's where I put the food stand as well.
  • TrystianeTrystiane Posts: 70 Member
    edited February 2014
    This is incredible work! Thank you so much :)
    edited February 2014
    Thanks trystian!

It definitely means a lot to me when people give their opinions on the world. Positive or negative, I'm so happy that so many are willing to give it a try. It's definitely not like any other world, and there's not much stuff available on the exchange that celebrates this culture. It's definitely a rewarding trip outside the comfort zone I think.
    edited February 2014

Some pics of what I've done so far.

25s75t3.jpg

1072idv.jpg

jg45k6.jpg

9szey8.jpg

edited February 2014

Zach, do you think you can do some recolours and share it either through google drive or the Exchange? That way the 'Zach style' will be more easily incorporated into the whole resort. :lol: Things like the buffet table from IP, chairs, lighting, decor, gym equipment (do you want a gym for the resort?), the hot tubs, plants and anything else you want to see in Palm Tree. These are the stuff that I can think of so far. :lol:

Let me know what else to do or any changes to make. :wink:

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    HI! I am behind on this thread (I'll catch up) but I wanted to say I think this is pretty brilliant to do a Beach Resort! Well done Jodi!
    edited February 2014
    Hi! Sorry I'm behind as well.

Aminovas, it's so awesome to hear from you! I'm glad you're feeling better and also I'm glad you saw my e-mail :)

Jodi, I'm not sure if those things really need too much recoloring (plus I'd have to learn how to recolor). If we could fit the Eco Beach resort tower in somehow, and then recolor it with a cool arabesque pattern, I'd love that!

Maybe I could design one myself...
    edited February 2014

It's all Zach's, aminovas. (: I'm just helping to finish up. :)

Sure thing, Zach. It's just that I realise the recolours scream 'Jodi' and not 'Zach' haha. I guess the style is never going to be the same depending on who's doing it. ;) Such is art?? Maybe?? :shock: :P :D

I think the tower goes pretty well with the rest of the resort as it is but your customised one would be even better as well as being something special just for Al Medina. (:

No worries. I'll be behind too; travelling again and RL stuff. I'll check in when I can. When I have a spare moment, I'll have a go at recolouring the tower maybe and see how things go from there.
    edited February 2014
    Any time you wanna send a copy of your version to work on is good
  • aviamoldaviaaviamoldavia Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2014
    hey, zach. your world is beautiful, but i am having incessant routing issues. even after i get rid of all horses, there are sims still getting stuck, and it causes the game to lag too much to enjoy playing it. i see that you say that the world runs beautifully for you, but i am getting unroutable sims notices constantly.

is there an area in which it is common for sims to get stuck so maybe i can go in and edit it? have other people found places like that in their games?

also, my sim that lives in the area across a sand dune doesn't take the subway by default. is that normal? do i have to click on the subway manually each time?
    edited February 2014
    I'm sorry you're having trouble aviamoldavia!

On my own computer it works well, but I think that for some reason things just work better on the computer they were made with. The world has been thoroughly play-tested though, so let me think about this...

The Amazigh village is probably the most complex area for the routing, although ultimately we got it working.

Try using the testingcheatsenabled true, and resetsim * cheats. This will bring any stuck sims back into their homes, and hopefully they won't get stuck again.

It might be a saving error that causes sims to appear in the wrong areas. I noticed in a different world that one time my dog appeared inside a foundation, and there was no way to get it out.

As for the subway, you DO have to be deliberate when clicking on the subway and routing your sim to work. Otherwise they'll use the dune route.
    edited February 2014
    Also, deleting the Chaibi family may help, if their horses spawn on the porch.
    edited February 2014

If it's ok with you, I have asked aminovas whether she could recolour the resort tower rabbit hole. Still waiting for a reply. She's the expert. :lol: And I don't have that much time. :o

I will still do the rest of the resort stuff. Will be posting inspiration pics for the patterns. 8) ;)
    edited February 2014

Inspiration pics

33vgaaw.jpg

20igj8j.jpg

14o6exf.jpg

2u5ukw6.jpg

2kljew.gif

2i9qmf9.jpg

rvaich.png