Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Question :)

Okay, I searched for an answer elsewhere but couldn't find it so I decided I might as well just make a post about it...

Here's the scenario: My Sim goes to university and gets a degree. Later, I decide I want to upload him/her to the exchange. If I want download the Sim off of the exchange, will he/she still have the degree, or will it disappear?

I know the answer is probably really obvious and I'm just being a noob :roll: , but I you guys could help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have no idea. My best recommendation is try it, and find out!
  • Options
    brunokubrunoku Posts: 245 New Member
    edited January 2014
    lol i would like to know too! you made me feel curious :-)
  • Options
    KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited January 2014
    My guess is that it wouldn't be there if you upload it is a Sim, but it would be there if you upload it as a Household. At least that's how I've noticed it works with skill points.
    imgad2-1.png
  • Options
    JotaSimsJotaSims Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Thanks guys! I will definitely try out and post about it when I get the answers. I have to warn you though, it might take a few days before I do so. I fell in love with my current household, they are the absolute cutest!

Before playing with this household, I was playing in Dragon Valley with a seven members household. I bought an empty lot, some tents, and a fire pit (from uni), it was SO MUCH FUN!! They would only eat raw fruits and vegetables, and daily caught fish that they would roast in the little portable fire pits. I was feeling medieval :roll: , and trust me, if you wanna spice up your game, this is an awesome choice!

I didn't get bored of it, but I wanted to do things like go to university, and etc. that didn't quite fit in with the story. I created another Sim that was supposed to go to university. Her name is Robin and she was supposed to be the kind of the popular jock that has really good grades, and is always a little saint. Well, that didn't turn out as planned...

Her hometown is Moonlight Falls, and we bought a crappy little house in the 'middle class' part of the town. Little thing I like to do is to go visit my neighbours and socialize with them. In one of our visits she met Gladsten Farmwell (a townie, I believe that's what they're called) and they instantly hit it off. She got a career as a Ghost Buster and gave up on her plans of going to college... Was the decision worth it or was it a great mistake since Gladsten has what we call 'commitment issues'?

I am much more advanced in my story, but I just thought I would post a 'little-not-so-little' bit of it to see if any of you were interested in knowing Robin's future... If you are (even if it's only one person) please make sure to tell me, I love coming up with new interesting stories for my Sims AND I have a big passion for writing! :D
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really like your DV story! I never thought about doing it that way. (I've seen the homeless sim challenges, but I didn't realize you could cook fish in the fire pit.)

I love Gladsten! He's one of my fave premades, hehe.
  • Options
    dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited February 2014
    ...or with command shift + ctrl + C
    you could type in
    testingcheatsenabled true
    press enter

and then click right,anywhere in the game you want to build, and select build on this lot, to place and build everything you want... 8) :thumbup: