Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Finds! [A CC Thread]

Opener_zps418e9275.png

Hello guys! This is a thread specially for custom content! This for clothes, hair, genetics, and accessories. Shoes will be under clothes.
I would like to help fellow simmers by keeping this thread filled of *recommended* and *safe* CC for modeling competitions. Also, to help with what not to download. That shall be categorized as *Blacklist*. Submissions on what you recommend and what's bad CC (unsafe to download) is very helpful! Feel free to help by continue reading this. I hope this is handy for you guys and feel free to ask questions.

Feel free to ask if you need something to be found!

Rules_zps06abdff3.png

-Please remember everyone has different opinions!
-Download at your own risk.
-No fighting.
-Be kind to everyone.
-Safe and unsafe are accepted. Unsafe will be under blacklist.
-If you would like to share unsafe content to be put under blacklist, put "Blacklist" in the category part.
-Use the following to recommend/suggest.

Category:
Link to the post ( not the download! ):
Short Description of Experience/Why you are suggesting it (Opt.):

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif

Comments

• TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 2014
    Clothes_zpsc28f5580.png

-[Teen to Adult]
    [Creator: Anubis]
    Theia Boots and Artemis Boots
    These are some of my favorite boots that I have my Sims wear. They are extremely versatile, meaning they can go with almost any outfit. They also look good in any color ^.^-

-[Young Adult and Adult]
    [Creator: Rusty Nail]
    http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailList.nhn?blogId=jinhee_a&from=postList&categoryNo=80

Hair_zpsb0523175.png

~To be added~
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited February 2014
    Genetics_zps8c3e7104.png

-{Eyebrows]
    [Teen-Elder]
    [Creator: Elexis]
    Elexis Eyebrows
    I absolutely love these eyebrows, they look amazing with the HQ mod. All of Elexis's creations are top notch.

-[Makeup]
    [Child-Elder]
    [Creator: PralineSims]
    PralineSims TSR Page
    PralineSims has to be one of the best creators for makeup in the Sims 3. Her quality of uploads is almost unrivalled and looks fantastic no matter what level your graphics are set to. A lot of my go to makeup is created by PralineSims. I cannot praise their work enough.

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3739/11211424273_4407b69a75_c.jpg" width=250"[/img]

-[Sims]
    [Mostly Young Adults]
    [Creator: BobSkellington]
    Studio Link
    High quality sims, with safe CC by one of the best creators on the exchange. Trustworthy and safe!

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/23uzcx5.jpg" width=300"[/img]
    [img]http://i61.tinypic.com/wmbak4.jpg" width=300"[/img][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/n3meyq.jpg" width=300"[/img]

-[Makeup]
    [Possibly all(?)]
    [Creator: S-Club]
    S-Club Eyelashes
    S-Club lashes,in my opinion are the best quality ones out there. The attention to detail is amazing and they look great in game. I love the variety of choice too and they're easy to locate and apply to your sims in CAS.

[-Genetics]
    [YA - Elder, skins are all ages though]
    [Creator: Ephemera]
    Ephemera's Blog
    Ephemera makes some really high quality makeup, eyebrows and skins. The site is in chinese but all the downloads are located on the left hand side under downloads. All the cc there is safe and used by alot of ppl c:

Accessories_zps400c0c01.png
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited February 2014
    Poses_zpsa47d9acb.png

[-Pose]
    [Young adult to adult (I think it'll looked glitched with other ages)]
    [Creator: Modern_Lover(?)]
    Modern Lover's Blogspot Pose Post
    I recently used this pose in a competition and really liked it. I think the main reason I like these poses so much is because it comes with the guitar and cigarette in the file. In other poses involving objects they usually aren't included in the actual file and you have to download them from another site. Also the poses are smooth and aren't glitched (in any way that I can see).

Blacklist_zps11971bc8.png

Here's Crinrict's list of bad CC.

The Sims 3 Exchange is not the best place to get your sims. Only download at your own risk and the ones that are trustworthy. Many come with bad CC attached. I recommend Custard (At MTS) to run the sims through that you wish to install to get rid of that CC (at least some of it).
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited February 2014
    Creators_zpse1a6094e.png

-Anubis

-Elexis

-PralineSims

-BobSkellington

-S-Club

-Emphemera

-ModernLover

-Beaverhausen

-Lapiz Lazuli

SpecialThanks_zps6df82553.png

Poet_zps1e93f86e.pngBob_zpsbf3a5073.pngNinja_zps5cfeaab9.png
    justkeepsimming_zps9e11eded.pngCudan_zps15db5eaa.pngpifffle_zpsefe74497.pngpopstar_zps96d2eb91.pngtetro_zps234554c9.png
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited February 2014
    OTHER:
    This section is a bit random. Here will be links and other things such as objects, mods, and what not.** The links are being stupid. Will figure it out later.

Transparent walls:
    Here

Murals/Walls:

[url=http://socialsims.net/finds/wall-deco-fake-windows-by-granny-za
    za-at-sims-3-models/] Here[/url]

[url=http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3
    -sets-objects-decorative/title/mist-walls/id/1156144/] Here[/url]

[url=http://nygirlsims3.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sims-3-destination-mu
    rals.html] Here[/url]

Here

Here

Designer clothing:
    Here

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • piffflepifffle Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think this is a great idea :D maybe you should add poses too? c:
    edited February 2014
    pifffle wrote:
    I think this is a great idea :D maybe you should add poses too? c:

Knew I was forgetting something! :3 ~Thanks :)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    edited February 2014
    Here's a list of bad cc.
    edited February 2014
    Cudan2 wrote:
    Here's a list of bad cc.

Thanks Cudan. Adding to the section now. :-)
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • pinkeypopstarpinkeypopstar Posts: 437 Member
    edited February 2014
    This is a great website for finding all kinds of cc.
    edited February 2014
    This is a great website for finding all kinds of cc.

Thanks Pinkey, although I'm looking for more of specific items rather than links. :oops:
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    edited February 2014
    Category: Clothes
    Creator: Anubis
    Link to the post: Theia Boots and Artemis Boots
    Short Description of Experience/Why you are suggesting it: These are some of my favorite boots that I have my Sims wear. They are extremely versatile, meaning they can go with almost any outfit. They also look good in any color ^.^
  • Ninja1478Ninja1478 Posts: 351 Member
    edited February 2014
    Category: Genetics
    Creator: Elexis
    Link to the post: http://acecreators.blogspot.ca/2012/08/heavensent-curved-eyebrows-by-elexis.html
    Short Description of Experience/Why you are suggesting it (Opt.): I absolutely love these eyebrows, they look amazing with the HQ mod. All of Elexis's creations are top notch.

There is another thing that I found recently. It didn't fit any of the categories but Its really awesome and you could make some really amazing pictures with it.
    Its called OMSP Resizer link here http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.ca/2012/07/omsp-resizer.htmlYou can pretty much change the size of objects and sims. I've tested and used it in my game and its really cool *o*
    Here's an example picture from his blog.
    jij2fo.jpg
  • Ninja1478Ninja1478 Posts: 351 Member
    edited February 2014
    Also, I would put the exchange on the blacklist. Its really not a good place to get custom content. There is a lot of bad cc hidden in the downloads.
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:
    Also, I would put the exchange on the blacklist. Its really not a good place to get custom content. There is a lot of bad cc hidden in the downloads.

HEY, my downloads are completely safe, 100% safe, in fact. o:
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:

I immediately thought of you when I saw this post because I know your exchange downloads are safe! There is some bad CC on there though so maybe Tay could do a safe list for exchange creators and add you on it :mrgreen:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:

I immediately thought of you when I saw this post because I know your exchange downloads are safe! There is some bad CC on there though so maybe Tay could do a safe list for exchange creators and add you on it :mrgreen:

Aww, thank you, sweetheart <3 You are always so nice, omg

How do you do it?

I know most of the Exchange items contain bad CC, but luckily for me, I know most of the bad CC, I can also easily remove it.:P That's why I prefer the Exchange, but, hey.. I have some sites to share, too!

THIS
    http://customcontentcaboodle.com/category/accessories/page/14/

Oh, yes. I'm not as fancy as all of you, with your cute little clickies. Haha :D

That'll be all, once again, thank you, Gemma.:)

xox
    sox3c8.jpg
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:

Could you please share a link to your studio? Thank you.
    edited February 2014
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/BobSkellington/mystudio

There you go, let me know if you need anything else :D
    sox3c8.jpg
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited February 2014
    Category: Genetics

Creator: PralineSims

Link to the post ( not the download! ):
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Pralinesims/

Short Description of Experience/Why you are suggesting it (Opt.):

PralineSims has to be one of the best creators for makeup in the Sims 3. Her quality of uploads is almost unrivalled and looks fantastic no matter what level your graphics are set to. A lot of my go to makeup is created by PralineSims. I cannot praise their work enough.

Quick screenshot to show the quality on my sim:

11211424273_4407b69a75_c.jpg

Lipstick, eyeliner, blush and eyeshadow by PralineSims. I'm kinda obsessed with their creations.
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:
    There is another thing that I found recently. It didn't fit any of the categories but Its really awesome and you could make some really amazing pictures with it.
    Its called OMSP Resizer link here http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.ca/2012/07/omsp-resizer.htmlYou can pretty much change the size of objects and sims. I've tested and used it in my game and its really cool *o*
    Here's an example picture from his blog.
    jij2fo.jpg

This is amazing! I want one too. Many of game items just have to wrong size and this would be the solution!! Thanks for sharing!!
    edited February 2014
    Cudan- Great, will be added to Clothes. Thanks! :-)

Ninja1478- Thanks for sharing, It will be under genetics! I'll add the resizer to the first post, as helpful links. :) I'll make a section regarding the exchange also.

Bob-You'll be excluded from the bad exchange post, I'll post your studio link under genetics for your sims. :mrgreen: I'll add your link to the first post as helpful links also.

JustKeepSimming- Thanks! Will be added under Genetics soon. And thanks for the picture for an example. :mrgreen:

Everything is being added right after I post this! You will also appear on the Special Thanks post.

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited February 2014
    TayTay4899 wrote:
    Cudan- Great, will be added to Clothes. Thanks! :-)

Ninja1478- Thanks for sharing, It will be under genetics! I'll add the resizer to the first post, as helpful links. :) I'll make a section regarding the exchange also.

Bob-You'll be excluded from the bad exchange post, I'll post your studio link under genetics for your sims. :mrgreen: I'll add your link to the first post as helpful links also.

JustKeepSimming- Thanks! Will be added under Genetics soon. And thanks for the picture for an example. :mrgreen:

Everything is being added right after I post this! You will also appear on the Special Thanks post.

Why, thanks XD
    sox3c8.jpg
  • themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited February 2014
    The exchange can be good or bad depending on what you download and who from. On a safety scale of green-red I'd say it's amber. :mrgreen:
    giphy.gif

edited February 2014
    I believe that's all so far! I'm going to make a separate post for links in a bit. Working on the special thanks now.

Bob, if you don't mind, can I use one of your sim pictures off of your UniqueSims thread? To put under your Link. :mrgreen:
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif