Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Town Life for free offer.

I kind of don't understand... It says, on Origin: "Just register your game and it's yours, for free!" and on the Sims official site,it says: "Receive The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff just for being a registered player of The Sims 3 on Origin!*"

Well my game (Sims 3 base game) is already registered so... Do I have to wait until it gets into the My games section of Origin automatically, or do I have to do something else?

PLEASE ANSWER BEFORE THE OFFER ENDS!!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?! :cry:

Comments

• SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ok it took 24 hours to show up in my Origin library.

Now a lot of people are waiting for them to fix the issue of it wanting a registration code.

All we can do is wait, either try again in a couple hours or tomorrow morning. You won't need a code to install it once it's fixed. :)
  • YankeeAngelYankeeAngel Posts: 64 New Member
    edited February 2014
    What is this Origin Library people are mentioning? I can't find it! I even Googled it.
  • SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2014
    What is this Origin Library people are mentioning? I can't find it! I even Googled it.

When downloading a digital copy of an EA game you are required to download the Origin client. This is attached to your personal account and holds a library of your EA games.

This is also where the game will be downloaded from. If you don't have it I suggest installing it.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/download
    edited February 2014
    I already have the origin client thing & i'm signed into it. Just don't know what i'm looking for.
  • MarLove6MarLove6 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited February 2014
    In order to get the Origin Library, you have to download Origin. If you go to Origin.com, in the top right there is a tab that says download origin. Click on that and it should work. Once you download it, there's a My Games tab in the top left. Click on that and Town Life will be there. If it's not, Origin did say it could take up to 72 hours to appear. Mine personally took a day.
    As for the registration code glitch, I'm stuck on that. The requirements say "one time use serial code" but I'm not sure what that means. Hopefully it's just a glitch and they will fix it soon!
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for explaining it to me,MarLove6. Now I what to look for & it hasn't been a day or 72 hours yet for me i'll check tomorrow. Also thank you,SoleilStarr.
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    I got my Town Life Gift whats weird is I bought the pets and when I started to download it the Towns Life showed up in my games....

I hope the rest of you get yours and with out having to purchase anything to get the town life...
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    Yea I didn't get a code either for Town Life.... Can't install it until we get the code.
    MarLove6 wrote:
    In order to get the Origin Library, you have to download Origin. If you go to Origin.com, in the top right there is a tab that says download origin. Click on that and it should work. Once you download it, there's a My Games tab in the top left. Click on that and Town Life will be there. If it's not, Origin did say it could take up to 72 hours to appear. Mine personally took a day.
    As for the registration code glitch, I'm stuck on that. The requirements say "one time use serial code" but I'm not sure what that means. Hopefully it's just a glitch and they will fix it soon!
  • PromarkPromark Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2014
    It took me looking in several other threads to come up with the answer to this myself, there is a step that everyone fails to mention.

When you go to http://www.thesims.com/en-us/anniversary there should be a big green and white button towards the bottom that says "START HERE!". You must disable your script blockers in order to see it. Why there isn't a small note that only shows when you have scripting disabled I don't know.

You need to click the button and then login if you aren't already. It will check if you are eligible. If you are, only then will it be placed in your library within 72 hours.
  • d0llfacex1Od0llfacex1O Posts: 28 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Promark wrote:
    It took me looking in several other threads to come up with the answer to this myself, there is a step that everyone fails to mention.

When you go to http://www.thesims.com/en-us/anniversary there should be a big green and white button towards the bottom that says "START HERE!". You must disable your script blockers in order to see it. Why there isn't a small note that only shows when you have scripting disabled I don't know.

You need to click the button and then login if you aren't already. It will check if you are eligible. If you are, only then will it be placed in your library within 72 hours.

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I didn't see the 'START HERE' due to my pop up blocker blocking it. Even when i disabled the blocker it didn't show but i'm going to try a different browser. However, when i checked the page from my phone's browser i do indeed see the start here button. :)
  • ThomasRawlingThomasRawling Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Okay i downloaded the Stuff Pack now it wont let me play. My Sims 3 is update!!

Please someone HELP me out on this.

Thank you
  • huskyluverxohuskyluverxo Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    I downloaded the Town Life and it downloaded find but when I go to play the game the Town Life stuff doesnt show up in my game, Can anyone help?
  • skandarkeyensskandarkeyens Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    What EA didn't tell us is that all you have to do is go on Origin, search "Townlife" find it and it will say $0.00. Press purchase and follow the steps. It's really that simple. I don't know why they didn't tell us to do that in the first place. You don't have to wait 72 hours. It should just pop up when you do it this way.
  • alstromeriaalstromeria Posts: 218 Member
    edited February 2014
    MarLove6 wrote:

I'm not completely sure if this helps, but if it does:

When TL showed up on my Origin account (it took roughly 48 hours), I didn't get a registration code, specifically. But it's there! Using your Origin games library, check the information tacked onto the TL download (the blue button labelled "i"). That's where my registration code was.

... interestingly, I didn't need to do anything with my registration code, because TL seemed to install directly into my game. But I always write registration codes down and put them in a safe place. I can't help it. I'm old.