Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town life on Origin - is there any downsides?

Okay, so I was kinda curious and a bit excited that I could get Town Life off origin for free, just by owning the games. I have an Origin account, but all my games, I've bought as discs. I have a friend who's gotten about 50/50 off Origin and actual discs, and she ended up having to get some on discs anyway because Origin is so unstable and weird.

Now I am wondering, will there be any downsides to the Origin "purchase" ? like, if I am disconnected off the wifi, will that muck up something? Will it afflict my other games in some way if the Origin download goes haywire? Do I need to keep updating my Origin to be able to play with the "expansion" etc.

I haven't logged on and claimed it yet, but I am super wary because everyone keeps saying Origin gives them issues, etc.

So, what's your take on it? Will this cause future problems for me in any way?

Comments

• YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited February 2014
    No, there are no differences between a DD version and the physical disk copy :) The internet doesn't affect it, once it's installed, it';s safely there just like your disks.
    The only thing that's important to know is that when you download it from origin, don't press download. You have to press the 'i' NEXT to the Download Button, and then press Download from there. If you click the first download button it'll claim you need to reinstall or something, and that's not true :)
    Enjoy Town Life! ~YJ~
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited February 2014
    Bah! It says I have to buy Town Life anyway?! I know the gurus said they were working on it though, but I'm not sure what issue they are working on, as I'm a little late to the party.

Also, was it suppoes to be for US only?! Origin/this site verified that I was able to get Town life, but I have no option other than to buy it in Origin. Even if knows I have the sims games.
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited February 2014
    Is your sims 3 registered? It has to qualify to receive the town life for free, it will check to see if you qualify. Then it will tell you if you do or a description as to why you don't qualify. It has to be a sims 3 base game. Also I never had any issues with origin, I love it, it keeps your games organized and safe. Hey your discs don't get scratched or dirty and always available 2 reinstall if you need to.

Good Luck!
    Bah! It says I have to buy Town Life anyway?! I know the gurus said they were working on it though, but I'm not sure what issue they are working on, as I'm a little late to the party.

Also, was it suppoes to be for US only?! Origin/this site verified that I was able to get Town life, but I have no option other than to buy it in Origin. Even if knows I have the sims games.