Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much, Rukaya! That means a lot to us. Since you have tested a good amount of worlds, that is high praise indeed to say we made the cut on the list of your most favorite worlds. :mrgreen:

Some of the houses will have the pizza oven from Monte Vista (instead of a "real" stove) because it looks so much better! That was something I really liked to do. Another thing I liked doing was placing the refrigerator in the cellar, where cold foods were stored. :XD:

I understand that for game play, most players might want to move the refrigerator back upstairs and there is room to do so. :mrgreen:

As for the "missing" stove, when there is only the pizza oven present, this often causes your Sim to roll a wish for buying a stove - Yay! More LTR points for your Sim when you buy one. In Reach's testing, she sometimes gets rid of the oven - first thing, just deletes it - and buys a Multitab instead and a "real" stove and still has money left over!

Star, The Sultan's Tabernacle Lot is for the Sim to place their tent if they own one and sleep for the night but if you have a mod installed to allow the permanent tent to be there, the tent will already be in place.

Mars, that silliness is partly due to EIG not retaining front of lot settings and is addressed in the Save file. It does look stupid and we thank EA for that one. LOL

Thanks for your reports! You guys are the best! :D:D:D
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited February 2014
    xSorcier wrote:
    Mars, that silliness is partly due to EIG not retaining front of lot settings and is addressed in the Save file. It does look stupid and we thank EA for that one. LOL

I knew it was a "Sim" thing. I've seen them do things like that before in other worlds.
    edited February 2014
    Liam is at "The Lake" at 2 Equestrian Highway. Can someone tell me what railing is supposed to be here so I can buy it? I thought I had everything but clearly my game replaced something from the store.

Screenshot-48_zps1d391971.jpg
    edited February 2014
    At the Royal Training Grounds lot on the Equestrian Highway, the sims seem to favour a snow cone machine in the far corner. But there are no near benches at ground level. So rather than walk up the stairs near the snow cone machine, they all walk either all the way across the lot past another snow cone machine to eat up stairs in the main pavilion or they walk across the lot to a far picnic bench. It would help to have some chairs or benches on ground level near that snow cone machine to save time.

Also, is the chair this sim is sitting on a replacement from my game? If yes, could someone tell me what chair is supposed to be there so I can get it at the store?

Screenshot-49_zps78af7bde.jpg
  • Imagamerkitty12Imagamerkitty12 Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hello Again lol,

I have all of the expansion packs except for 4 which are: AMB LN UL and Showtime

I have all of the others just don't register lol

but i'll see if it loads with the ones i have and get back to you ;)

God Bless,

Kitty12 <3
    edited February 2014
    Liam is stomping his feet a lot on the tiny island between Beauharnais Island and the Equestrian Peninsula. Actually, as there is nothing there, no spawners or lots, I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be routable or not. He took a boat there anyway to look around.

Screenshot-50_zps87e3a573.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Mars, the Jacob's Staircase form Barnacle Bay is the missing set of stairs and railing which the game has replaced, do you have it installed? Also check if the Hogan's Deep Sea Diner is missing on the Crabcakes and Sliders Beach lot. the lot address is Plage d'Ecrevisses, on the east side of the map near the Fishing village. I know that Liam is wearing some Barnacle Bay clothes so you need to check if you have all the BB content installed or not.
    That's crazy about the snow cone machine! I think we'll have to remove that one and just leave the other one. We could simply add a chair there but, why would we have a chair in the middle of the training grounds? Haha, so funny, Liam has at least three picnic tables near that snow cone machine perhaps he just wanted to enjoy the view from the noble bench? That chair was not there, that is just a default set up by the game mechanics at the fire pit.

Thanks for continuing to test and report in so often :D
    edited February 2014
    Kitty, can't wait to know if it loads :D

Mars, that tiny island is not really suitable for lot placement so there is no lot there and nothing to do but Liam is free to look around. ;-)

The player can place a small lot there but can't place a lot large enough to effectively have the opportunity of "owning the island."
    edited February 2014
    Thanks! I do have Barnacle Bay installed and the diner is showing up but that staircase is not in my game so I had better go reinstall it again.

I wasn't sure about the island but thought I should test it anyway.Liam is nearly done!

Edit* I reinstalled Barnacle Bay and the staircase is back to normal! I must have somehow deleted it.
    edited February 2014
    This might just be me overlooking something but I can't find any hidden doors or switches to get into the room with the rock pile at the Lookout at Deja Vu. Is there a way in and I'm missing it?
    edited February 2014
    Mars, there is no way in yet but Reach and I plan to build a tomb for that lot and upload it later to my studio. Reach left that pile of rubble there because she liked it there but she apologizes profusely for wasting your time on that needless search. :XD:
    edited February 2014
    How funny! I'll pull Liam out of there!
    edited February 2014
    Too funny indeed! Reach will add an inscription plaque to the lot at the ruins saying something along the lines of... There seems to be nothing, at this time, behind that pile of rubble. But if there are any very curious types, like Alice in Wonderland, that plaque may cause even more time wasting. LOL
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2014
    That's too funny! I found the partial tomb as well and figured I'd wait for the save file, as I was not sure it could be completed in CAW/EIG.

If any household/sim needs arise, let me know and I can give it a go. For now, I'm turning on the actual Seasons so I can see all the festival lots when it's there turn.

Loving The World (and I mean THE WORLD, Cotes d'Ambonnay, of course :D

17Mars: Liam is a hoot! He's a great explorer! Did you give him an Adventurous Trait? Or are you just a great tester? :D
    edited February 2014
    Liam is just my official tester. And he's now done with going over all of the paths, roads and venues in the world. The only one he missed was the Enchanted Forest. He stomped his little foot and waved his arms because he was tired so I let him go home to bed.
    If I had one wish list for this it would be to have a tent on the beach at Beauharnais. Liam didn't have one on him and I didn't feel like cheating to give him energy. It was a long way home.

Now I'm going to switch over and let another sim use Côtes d'Ambonnay as a vacation world with Traveler but I'm pretty confident this world is about as perfect as it gets. I'll keep the Liam game in case there is something else that needs testing later by my little guinea pig.
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I came across my first problem. It won't work for me as a vacation world with Nraas Traveler. I started with a different sim, sent her to travel to Côtes d'Ambonnay and found myself looking at the Côtes d'Ambonnay Edit Town screen.
    I tried a second time with the same result.
    To make sure it wasn't Traveler going crazy I sent her to travel to Al Medina and that worked fine.
    I tried a second sim from a different game with the same results. Traveler dropped me into the Côtes d'Ambonnay Edit Town screen with my sim nowhere in sight. That sim was later able to travel to Ziwa Bonde without difficulty.
    Any ideas what might be going on?
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'll take the latest questions in order, adding a little to what xSorcier has already posted.

A note regarding the Lookout at Déjà Vu, the ruins at Beauharnais... when I built the lot last week it was intended primarily as a place for a photo shoot. I added the basement to have a small bathroom and to place a llama which is the only one on this small island. There was an awareness that I/we might return to the lot at a later date and do something additional there like build a tomb. We just might but at the same time, this lot can be left for the player to enjoy as it is or perhaps to face the challenge of creating his or her own tomb there. For now, I placed two inscription plaques there with text.

Mars, if Liam had had enough energy to stop in at the Enchanted Forest, he might have discovered a tree house in one corner. It has two sleeping bags for sleep overs. Not that they are all that comfortable, but Liam wouldn't have had to go so far to get to bed. :XD:

The tent on the beach is a great idea. I have a mod installed so I can place them as permanent tents but for the player, without the mod, they will just be rolled up and left on the ground, useless, as I recall. If I have time I could have a Sim buy the lot and place one and then the tent stays there, available for use, unless EA has changed how all that works. It's been a while since I've done that but we'll probably try that out. Thanks for the idea.

Concerning the Traveler mod and the traveling issue - now, that IS a problem and we'll have to look into that tomorrow night, when xSorcier is home from work. I have not used Traveler for about a year so I may have forgotten some special settings but we will be checking that out as soon as we can and see what can be done to fix that. Thank you, and Sharon too, for all your help with this!
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi there. :) *waves*

I just want to wish you the best of luck with your beta testing! Your world truly looks beautiful! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've discovered 5 lots so far that appear to be missing their building structures. Rabbit holes, I think, as I have no grocer or city hall.

grocery.png

police.png

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

Would it be possible to upload these lots so that I can manually place them?
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Mikrokitty! The last lot, Carre de la Defaite, is actually a place of ruins and hosts the festival for one of the seasons and it has no missing rabbit hole but it is missing its ruins.

Unfortunately, the other four lots make use of rabbit holes from Monte Vista so they will not show up without this store world installed in the game. I'm sorry about that. I do appreciate you helping with testing.

The grocery is obvious. The police is a combination police/military RH. La Maison Francaise is a combination restaurant/bookstore and the Loyal Council of Sarlat is a City Hall. I don't know how much you build but I know you use rabbit hole rugs/doors made by both Jynx and yourself. Let us know if we can help you further.
  • jbeach34jbeach34 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited February 2014
    That makes sense about the stairs, thanks xSorcier. (But, I personally, still think the rock recolor looks better/like it fits! :P )

And thanks for the explanation about the arch/stair issue Reach. I didn't even think about the routing issues! < DUH! > (That's why ya'll are the builders and I'm not! :D )

Now, I've only seen a couple more issues! :D

1. At the fire house, Hutte des Pompiers, the very top fire pole still had a red ring...no big deal! I simply recolored it the same as the rest!

2. Le Salon - wallpaper missing in the roof area again.
    pns1.jpg

3. The Apartmentes de la Promenade had an outside roof wall that needs re-textured and I couldn't get it to take...? Maybe because it's set to an apartment...? Is TS3 the same as TS2 with apartments? I haven't messed with apartments in 3, so I'm unfamiliar with it. But I know in TS2, w/o certain cheats unlocked, you couldn't do anything with the build once it was set to apartments. ???
    e99s.png

I know these are just visuals and not nearly as important as routing and stuff, but I just seem to have an eye for this kind of thing. ;) But if you guys feel I'm being too knit-picky, just tell me (nicely! :P ), that I don't need to do any more! :D

I can't wait to go live and get to play in this beautiful world! Thanks again!!! *HUGZ!*

OHHH!!! I almost forgot! I JUST LOVE THE INGENUITY OF THIS!!!
    mt51.png
    Who would of thought to recolor the toilet paper rolls to make 'em look like spools of thread or ribbon?!!! BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited February 2014
    sharonxyz
    The Basset Family is a beautiful addition to Cotes. I love all the red hair. :)

cherid
    I love seeing the Ehrenberg's. You picked a beautiful home for them :)

17mars
    Liam O'Dourke is a great tester. :) I feel like I am reading a little short story about his adventures.

Sorcier
    Such a great travel shot.

Just started to populate and I put my mods back in. I missed my SP.

I saw that you needed some families with little ones so well I went a little creator crazy. :oops:

Sheridan
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8001316
    original.jpg

Beacom
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8001315
    original.jpg

De Aviso
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8001314
    original.jpg

Flyte
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8001313
    original.jpg

These Ladies I I have been working on for awhile.
    Le Mar
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8001312
    original.jpg
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2014
    Apple, thank you for the compliment and all your families are so beautiful and unique and omg ...between all of us, we may just have a nice population for a city! I believe it is more than EA gives us (plus, quite a bit more attractive and interesting! We have the luxury of all the store clothes too!! I recc'd all your families and will DL them later, my computer is tuckered out from a day and a half minus a nap of making the family and playtesting!

Reach, a trip to China (albeit a SHORT trip) went perfectly, all travel as it should be. I wanted to send them right out again, and am not allowed to as they are recovering...then realized i could send someone else, and will later as I've been up yet another night...

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi guys!

I have to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS! for finishing your wonderfull world, I´ve downloaded the beta and I have spent a couple of hours just with ooooh! and aaaah! lurking around everywhere.

It is gorgeous and I would like to help you testing, but I´m sorry I have not some stuff and though it is not essential there comes the EA replacements messing things to worse (I would prefer they leave the items just missing) like the ivy

Screenshot-314_zpsf0566e2b.jpg?t=1391596903"width=700"

or this I don´t know what (though I suppose it is some kind of balcony)

Screenshot-315_zpsdfc3fa71.jpg?t=1391642729"width=700"

So I can´t know if an issue is due to my own game or to the world. I think I will wait to the finished version to go and rearrange evrything replaced by EA.

In any case with my specs (i7 processor and 8GB ram) the world loads fine and runs without any problems, and my simself went everywhere without routing issues, though it is not a real testing it makes me be willing to get the finished product eagerly!

Again congratulations and thankyou very much for such a beautifull gift
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • trold123trold123 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2014
    :D Way to go guys :D . Would love to help with the testing but my PC are a mess, really unstable, so I am in the process of transfering all my TS3 stuff to my iMac. It needs more RAM, before I can play. The RAM should arrive next week.

Not be able to help myself I will like to say thank you to all the beta-tester. I am confident that the result of your testing will make playing the world much more enjoyable than playing EA's worlds.

To the two brilliant creators of this world: I downloaded the world just to take a look, and now I am even more in love with it than before. It looks just as stunning as I expected it world. Really well done. Thank you so very much for making and sharing it.

Also I'll like to say thank you to all creators of the simmer bank. It is the best world simmer bank ever.

I wish you all the best, Dorthe
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top