Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Gift From The Sims: Town Life Stuff Pack

UPDATE 3 From the genius that is Crinrict:
crinrict wrote:
EA is looking into the missing serial code issue.

Please spread the word.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/free-town-life-stuff-pack.html
UPDATE 2 It can take upto 72 hours for the game to show in you origin game list :roll:
UPDATEOrigin is feeling alittle overwhelmed by all the simmers loging in for freebies, if it doesn't load for you, give it a moment and try again, you have until the 10th to claim :D
Happy Birthday Sims (14 years and yes I did bake a cake :D)

And as a prezzy the Sims Town Life Stuff Pack is free, if your base game is registered on Origin, head over there and get your freebie!

(Info from the Sims VIP) http://simsvip.com/2014/02/04/free-gift-sims-sims-3-town-life/

(Shame for us simmers that already own it, but the gestures nice :mrgreen: )

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2014
    Cake sounds interesting! What kind? :lol:

And yes, that's a very nice gift. I already own it so I don't personally get anything out of it, but hey those that don't it's great. Besides I already got my freebie this last year when I got BB free with IP preorder, so I'm just counting that as my early gift instead of this.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Cake sounds interesting! What kind? :lol:

Chocolate cola cake, you add coka cola to the mix which keeps it moist and gooey inside!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2014
    That does sound good! it goes very well with this offer, I think. :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    edited February 2014
    That is awesome for all the people that don't have it! Are there any people that don't have it? Lol.
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited February 2014
    That is awesome for all the people that don't have it! Are there any people that don't have it? Lol.

I don't! Woot!
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't have it! I'd be super psyched, except that I'm getting stuck at that "Oops... we couldn't find you in our system" glitch. I hope they fix it soon.

Although waiting for EA to fix a glitch is like waiting for Atlantis to rise from the ocean, so...
  • abramilesabramiles Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ahh, so if we are getting the "Oops... we couldn't find you in the system" message, we just need to hang tight while they get the kinks worked out? I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this message. I was a bit worried at first!

Edit: Success! Now to wait for it to appear in the Origin client.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TS2 and TS4 Tumblr - http://sugaryvirtualsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Check out my sims, rooms, and houses on the gallery using #SugaryVirtualSimblr!
    edited February 2014
    The good news is: It's fixed! The bad news is that there appears to be a new glitch: Despite Origin's success in finding my base game was registered, and despite their announcement that I've been given Town Life Stuff, and despite their instruction to go ahead and download it from the My Games tab using my Origin client, it's not listed under the My Games tab in my Origin client.

Atlantis began its mighty rise from the sea, and then sank again like a... uh. Like a waterlogged lost continent. Or something.
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2014
    When I tried to get this stuff pack I got this message "Oops... we couldn't find you in the system" :shock: :?: even though I have been a member of the site since November 24, 2007.

I use the same e-mail address for Origin and this website. Could this problem be caused because the name I use here is different than the one I use on Origin? My name or e-mail address doesn't show on that page to download the stuff pack so where are they getting the info? The game was definitely registered. :evil:

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how fix this situation.

edit: Checked it again after reading reading the messages saying the problem has been fixed. Nope, still not working for me.

edit #2 just went back to it and I finally got "Success"!

edit #3 Now I can't find Town Life Stuff in My Games list! "So close yet so far away"!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LdyalbLdyalb Posts: 379 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Woo, I didn't already own Town Life :mrgreen:

That was a pleasant surprise!
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.thesims.com

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure that the web address http://www.thesims.com is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes.

What a farce, even tried IE same response.
    edited February 2014
    A lot of stuff on the EA websites don't work for me when I use Chrome. I think it must block a lot of the scripts. When I used Safari, it worked. If it's not working for you with IE, the server is probably overloaded.
  • ctfields5ctfields5 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    What a nice birthday gift for fans. It did make me laugh though since the ONE stuff pack I ever bought is Town Life -- ah, well, that seems to be how my luck goes. Still, I'm glad for everyone getting a nice prezzie today.
  • ctfields5ctfields5 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh, sorry for the double post.
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited February 2014
    I already own it, but I wanted to mention that my favorite ceiling light (Ionu light) is in this pack. So grab it just for that!
  • breakyouxbreakyoux Posts: 465 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't own it yet. I did get to the page where it told me I was successful in getting the game entitled to my Origin account. But, it's still not in my list of games. :cry:
  • Marie121Marie121 Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    :evil: Not getting it will try again but soon. I hope they fix it on time :(
  • zimphellazimphella Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I kept getting the oops error, and when I refreshed the sims website, the option to get the free gift is no longer popping up on the front page. Does this mean I missed it?
  • CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2014
    So, does anyone know how long it takes for the stuff pack to appear in my Origin client thing?

I tried to go back and see if I hadn't downloaded it right but now I just get the 'You've already claimed this gift' page.
  • APotter1990APotter1990 Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    For those of you saying it is not in your list of games: Did you see where it said it could take up to 72 hours before it shows up in your list so check it periodically?

It gave me the "oops" error the first time. I made sure I was logged into thesims3.com page, and it worked the second time.
  • breakyouxbreakyoux Posts: 465 New Member
    edited February 2014
    For those of you saying it is not in your list of games: Did you see where it said it could take up to 72 hours before it shows up in your list so check it periodically?

It gave me the "oops" error the first time. I made sure I was logged into thesims3.com page, and it worked the second time.

I must have missed that. :oops: It says I have it registered on my profile, but not on Origin. But, I'll keep checking. Thanks for the heads up! :mrgreen:
  • piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited February 2014
    The page is not working and haven't been since one o'clock. Is it over? I didn't have that expansion pack. Hope I didn't miss out.
  • simmyhead1000simmyhead1000 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I just got it, so it is still working. In the fine print it says it ends February 10, 2013.. so maybe they meant February 10, 2014?

It hasn't shown up in my origin yet, but I haven't used origin in a really long time, and now it won't go into online mode. It just says it's in offline mode. I won't be able to download it when it shows up if I can't get it to go online, so does anyone know how to fix this?
  • moongoddess32moongoddess32 Posts: 351 Member
    edited February 2014
    its not a bug that you cant download yet people r saying it takes 72 hours before u will see it in your origin page and it is free till February 10 2014
  • CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks guys, guess I was feeling a bit impatient!