Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ah what a lovely houseboat! :D Beautiful colours and I love the way you have decorated. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: By the way, you have forgetten to put the download link. I visited your studio to recommend your houseboat. :D

Much thanks Yanti!! What a dork I am!! :roll: :oops: :roll: I also forgot to put in my pictures link, sheesh!! LOL The download link and the pictures link are there now. But thank you for the rec and for going out of your way to do it, I appreciate it. :-)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Sandraelle! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Your 2 new builds are Fabulous!

Sterling Point is just gorgeous both inside and out! Such lovely decorating of the interiors. I especially love that cool kitchen. And the landscaping is a dream! I adore that fabulous pool area! Everything is so nicely laid out! Big Rec. Good luck in the contest!

Papaya Dream is such a pretty houseboat! I love the decor and color choices for this beauty, especially the pretty bedroom with the orange fan(?) pattern. Rec'd.

Hope you have a very Happy New Year! :D
    edited December 2013
    Hi Sandraelle! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Your 2 new builds are Fabulous!

Sterling Point is just gorgeous both inside and out! Such lovely decorating of the interiors. I especially love that cool kitchen. And the landscaping is a dream! I adore that fabulous pool area! Everything is so nicely laid out! Big Rec. Good luck in the contest!

Papaya Dream is such a pretty houseboat! I love the decor and color choices for this beauty, especially the pretty bedroom with the orange fan(?) pattern. Rec'd.

Hope you have a very Happy New Year! :D

Aww, thank you Cath! And yes I had a very nice Christmas. I'm glad you liked my interiors of Sterling Point and my landscaping. Although I'm not very good at the landscaping so I always struggle with it. And thanks for the good luck wishes, but I didn't place in that contest. But it was fun building it of course.

I'm glad you liked Papaya Dream...since I built it a few months ago I'm not sure how I came up with that color palette, lol. Thank you for the recs!

Oh, and congratulations again on your 1st place win for Sky's log cabin contest. I had you pegged for first place as soon as I saw your build. :mrgreen:
    edited February 15
    WATERFRONT STUDIO, 15x10 Residential Lot, 2/2/14

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

PICTURES

This build was created for Aricarai's "Small Space, Big Style Studio/Loft" Contest. We were restricted to building on a 10x10 lot or 15x10 lot and using just ONE store item (I chose the clearstory rectangular window from Lucky Palms, even though this item does not show up as a store item on the Exchange). The other part of the contest was that our sim inherited $60,000 to spend on either a loft or a studio, so below is my backstory for the contest.

Zoey Carpenter was a newlywed looking forward to settling down with her new husband Jaxon. Their dream was to build a waterfront home in Isla Paradiso, but unfortunately, they never got to build their dream home together. Jaxon suffered a tragic accident on their honeymoon cruise. After a night out of dancing and partying, Jaxon started goofing off on their cabin balcony and accidentally fell overboard. Due to darkness, they weren’t able to rescue him until morning and by that time it was too late.

Jaxon had a $60,000 insurance policy, so naturally, Zoey thought it would be appropriate to use it to build a house on the water. However, when she began shopping for land she soon discovered that waterfront property was going for a premium price. So she had to downsize her plans and settle for a smaller studio home. But after it was built, Zoey didn’t feel like she was just settling. Even though the square footage was small, the house felt so spacious with it’s high ceilings, and the clerestory windows brought in a lot of sunshine. The bright side about living in an open plan studio is that no matter where you are in the home you have views of the sea. The home has an inviting outdoor entrance with a small porch that opens into the compact and efficient kitchen. It features eat-in counter space and unique plant shelves above. There’s also a convenient closet space off the entry. The living space has built-ins for extra storage and a place for a computer. Even though there is technically no “bedroom”, a bookcase acts as a divider to give the sleeping space a little bit of privacy. Although a bit bittersweet, Zoey loves her new home and spends a lot of time out on her deck enjoying the beautiful views with a lounger, a bbq and an outdoor dining table. But she’s often sad because Jaxon never got to experience their dream waterfront home.

Your Sims Favorite Store Item & Why: Clearstory rectangular window from Lucky Palms. Zoey thought this window fit in perfectly with the architecture and design of this waterfront home and the windows bring in so much light giving the illusion that the space is larger than it's small footprint.

eXIKNHP.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited February 2014
    I will repost here what I wrote in the contest thread.
    Waterfront Studio is a very nice home :) . It is a nice background story that you have written for Zoey and the house. It is sad though that her husband passed away on their honeymoon cruise, and that he could not share the new home with her. Very nice exterior of it. The roofing is great. It looks very nice how you have done the windows. Great texture that you have used for the front steps. It looks nice how you have placed the trees , greenery planter boxes, plants and rocks on the edges of the home. The pot of plants next to the front door steps are nice for sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice patio area for sims to enjoy relaxing on the loungers, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill and eating the meal at the table and chairs there. The lemonade jug on the table beside the lounger looks great. It looks now how you have placed a tree on the patio deck . Very nice furnishing of the interior. Great texture that you have used for the walls. It looks very nice how you have done the plantbox shelves in the kitchen area. The bar stool counter is great. The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice touch, and it is nice that you have placed the floral picture on the side wall there for sims to like seeing while eating at the counter or when preparing a meal. The shelf with the paper towel, towels and plant in the kitchen looks great. Very nice living room area. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the comfortable sofa or arm chair there, watching tv or listening to music from the music player. They will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the nearby and windows and enjoy looking out at the views. The patterned floor mat there looks nice. It looks nice that you have placed a row of pictures on the wall above the tv, as a background for sims to see as they watch tv. The hanging pot plant in the corner looks nice. The fish bowl on the coffee table is calming for sims to watch the fish whilst sitting there. Nice bed area. It looks great how you have used the bookcase to separate off the area, as well as sims being able to take a book from the bookcase and enjoy reading it whilst laying in bed. The picture on the wall behind the bed looks nice and goes well with the rest of the home. Nice pattern that you have used for the bed. The plants on top of the bookcase, on the bedside table and on the floor near the bed are nice natural touches. Great dresser nook. The beauty products on top of the dresser look great there. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel , whilst the sunlight comes in through the window. The hanging potplant in the corner looks nice. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst they are laying in bed. The tiling that you have used for the bathroom walls looks nice. Very nice computer study desk area. It looks great how you have placed the bookshelves and shelves with the jars and plant on it on the wall above the desk.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's beautiful Sandra! :D I love the architecture! Great placement of windows! Very clever idea! Love the high ceilings inside. Recommended. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • HARLEY2HARLEY2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2014

Wow, you have been busy, love all of your latest builds. Your Boat house and studio are just my favorites, i am hooked on them, i can see me painting in the studio and running about in the boat house..
    Your builds are just awesome, i just love how you put together the decor, colors etc.. so well, giving the home a very welcoming feel, but also getting a cross the design and style of the home... rec'd all xx Jules
  • warlockfemalewarlockfemale Posts: 235 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love how much the windows give an open look to the house and how you managed to put in a lot of plants without it looking overcrowded like some houses I've downloaded do. Nice build :)
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2014
    Waterfront Studio is a really cool build. I like the colors you chose to decorate with and the modern architecture is awesome!
    Moonstone.jpg

• NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hiya Sandraelle. ;) This is just one awesome build. I love the architecture and the way you did the two stories and the way the windows go around the home. The shelving around the kitchen is way cool and I think I might have to barrow that idea. :) Got it rec'd and fav'd
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looks absolutely amazing, Sandraelle :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited February 2014
    @Rosemow, thanks so much for reposting your comment! :lol:
    yanti68 wrote:
    It's beautiful Sandra! :D I love the architecture! Great placement of windows! Very clever idea! Love the high ceilings inside. Recommended. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thank you Yanti, I really love that window and I think this is only the 2nd time I've used it (especially having them go all the way around). Thank you for the rec and the good luck wishes!
    HARLEY2 wrote:
    Wow, you have been busy, love all of your latest builds. Your Boat house and studio are just my favorites, i am hooked on them, i can see me painting in the studio and running about in the boat house..
    Your builds are just awesome, i just love how you put together the decor, colors etc.. so well, giving the home a very welcoming feel, but also getting a cross the design and style of the home... rec'd all xx Jules
    Harley (Jules), thank you for your lovely comments. I'm glad you like my builds. Sometimes I struggle with getting the design I have in my head into the build. And thank you for the recs, they are very much appreciated! :)
    I love how much the windows give an open look to the house and how you managed to put in a lot of plants without it looking overcrowded like some houses I've downloaded do. Nice build
    Thank you for visiting warlockfemale. I'm glad the open feeling came across since the house has such a small floor plan. :mrgreen:
    jennytru wrote:
    Waterfront Studio is a really cool build. I like the colors you chose to decorate with and the modern architecture is awesome!
    Thank you Jenny, I'm glad you stopped by and glad you liked the studio.
    edited February 2014
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Hiya Sandraelle. ;) This is just one awesome build. I love the architecture and the way you did the two stories and the way the windows go around the home. The shelving around the kitchen is way cool and I think I might have to barrow that idea. :) Got it rec'd and fav'd
    Thanks a lot Nini! I thought the plant shelves positioned right under those windows worked out rather nicely. And by the way, I haven't commented on all the houses in Arica's contest because there are just so many, but I really love your Cranberry Crush loft and your Bittersweet studio. And your just for fun entry, Sketchers Loft is awesome too! Love them all! Love the names you chose too. :mrgreen:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Looks absolutely amazing, Sandraelle
    Oh, so glad you like it GreenCats. Thanks for stopping by!

edited May 2019
    ***FEATURED on 2/12/14***

CITY LOFT (v.2), 15x10 residential loft, 2/12/14

DOWNLOAD

PICTURES

This is my 2nd entry in Aricarai's "Small Space Big Style: A Studio/Loft" contest. This exposed brick 2-story loft home has a modern interior with an eat-in kitchen open to the great room and a loft bedroom with a walk-in closet, a computer niche and a wall of bookcases. Other amenities include a fireplace, a laundry room, a small balcony, and an outdoor patio.

Only two of the bookcases work along the loft wall. All appliances, plumbing and electronics have been upgraded.

rZoWNgp.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited February 2014
    City loft looks great :-) I like how you have done the flowers at the front. I really like the bluey/green colour scheme and pattern you have you're throughout, it looks great. The fire place looks lovely and the pillows next to it looks nice. I am not usually a fan of exposed brick but you have made it look great, I really like it. The skylights are a lovely touch. You'd have done an awesome job. Rec'd :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

edited February 2014
    This is quite impressive Sandra! :D What a gorgeous urban pad! I love the brick. Both outside and inside. Love the high ceilings! The bedroom area, the kitchen and the living room looks fabulous. The split leveling adds an interesting dimension / character to the build. Great job! Good luck with the contest. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited February 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    City loft looks great :-) I like how you have done the flowers at the front. I really like the bluey/green colour scheme and pattern you have you're throughout, it looks great. The fire place looks lovely and the pillows next to it looks nice. I am not usually a fan of exposed brick but you have made it look great, I really like it. The skylights are a lovely touch. You'd have done an awesome job. Rec'd :D

Thank you so much for visiting Missy and for your nice comments. And thank you for rec, I appreciate it.
    edited February 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    This is quite impressive Sandra! :D What a gorgeous urban pad! I love the brick. Both outside and inside. Love the high ceilings! The bedroom area, the kitchen and the living room looks fabulous. The split leveling adds an interesting dimension / character to the build. Great job! Good luck with the contest. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you Yanti! Yeah, I wasn't originally planning to put the brick on all of the interior walls, but it seemed to look better and had a more appropriate feel for the theme of the build. Thank you for the rec too! :-)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations on City Loft being featured ! :) I was excited for you when I saw it! Great exterior of it! Very nice furnishing of the interior. Congratulations! I am sorry that I am not well enough to write more about it but it is great build!
    edited February 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Congratulations on City Loft being featured ! :) I was excited for you when I saw it! Great exterior of it! Very nice furnishing of the interior. Congratulations! I am sorry that I am not well enough to write more about it but it is great build!

Aww, thank you so much Rose! And I'm so sorry that you're not well right now, so I even appreciate it more that you took the time to comment at all. Take care of yourself and hope you get to feeling better real soon.
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2014
    City loft looks great. I love the bare bricks. Rec'd.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    "CONGRATULATIONS!" on City Loft being Featured Sandraelle! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Before I comment on it, I would like to tell you how much I love Waterfront Studio too! You made such lovely room of the small space. I especially love the back deck and the plant shelves along the top. Very cool! Rec'd. :D

City Loft looks amazing with the skylights and awesome brickwork! The little outdoor covered patio is adorable. I love the green in the kitchen and I can't believe you even found room for a washer and dryer! The loft is fabulous with the bookcases and duct work. Rec'd and Fav'd. :D
    edited February 2014
    City loft looks great. I love the bare bricks. Rec'd.

Thank you walkingstick, I really appreciate the rec. :-)
    edited February 2014
    "CONGRATULATIONS!" on City Loft being Featured Sandraelle! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Before I comment on it, I would like to tell you how much I love Waterfront Studio too! You made such lovely room of the small space. I especially love the back deck and the plant shelves along the top. Very cool! Rec'd. :D

City Loft looks amazing with the skylights and awesome brickwork! The little outdoor covered patio is adorable. I love the green in the kitchen and I can't believe you even found room for a washer and dryer! The loft is fabulous with the bookcases and duct work. Rec'd and Fav'd. :D

Thank you so much Cath for the recs and the lovely comments. Glad you liked them both. That was the first time I ever used that duct work so I hope it looks realistic, as I wasn't really sure how to make those look, lol.

Oh, and thank you for the comment about the feature!

I think I may have already commented on your MyPage, but a big congrats to you on your Ocean's Rest lot being featured as well. We were both featured on the same day! :lol:
    edited February 2014
    Congrats on your loft being featured! :D Very well deserved Sandra! WOOT! WOOT! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top