Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tay__Jean's Creations [Update: I'm Back!]

Tay__JeanTay__Jean Posts: 146 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hello Everyone! :-)

Making a Topic about my Creations has been speculating in my mind for quite a while so I though I'd just go ahead and make one. I will be working on this thread gradually getting it to where I want it to be. Over these lovely years of playing the sims 3 and building I have made many great improvements. I always sketch my house plans before I decide to go ahead and build. I find it's easier to build if I have some sort of plan or idea of what I'm doing. Or I will sometimes just build and design a house as I go with no plan of it what so ever.

Here I will showcase some of my recently built homes.

**EDIT* I do work pretty fast, so that means that my lots, depending on the size, will be done faster than it would usually take. I spend 3 hours a day building and/or furnishing.**

NEW! Lake Remington
Fv0FMQn.png?1

S . S . Ariel 51:
~ This was my very first featured lot! Featured on August 15th, 2013

image_zpsc831a2d2.jpg

Paradise Verde
roof_up_original_zpsf88ec6ac.jpg

Red Haven:
image_zpseaba309f.jpg

Rosso Valencia:
image_zps44b17871.jpg
(The Mailbox, and the garbage can are not in the walk way when you download the house. I had taken the screenshot without realizing that they were still there. But they are indeed in there respective places on the lot)

Springfield Blanco:
image_zps42201fe4.jpg

Ivory 43:
image_zpsfb741b5c.jpg

Woodside Mod 1.0:
image_zps75fb174d.jpg

Starlight Future:
image_zps60ac0594.jpg

Sunny Dreams:
JE738pv.jpg

Click on images to download each house

Unicorns & Giggles are the way to go!

~Taylor :)
Post edited by Tay__Jean on

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2014
    Your builds are gorgeous! :D I especially love your moderns. Off to visit your studio and leave some recommendations. Good job! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Tay__JeanTay__Jean Posts: 146 Member
    edited January 2014
    Here are the front and back views for Buena Vista.

Front:
    image_zps1809211a.jpg

Back:
    image_zps690e34b1.jpg
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited January 2014
    Gorgeous!!! :shock: Can't wait to see more!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited January 2014
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for you builds! :) I will look forward to visiting it. Your builds that you have posted are very nice!
    Your Buena Vista WIP is looking very nice! Great exterior design of the house! It looks great how you have placed the windows. I will look forward to seeing updates of your build. :)
    edited January 2014
    Thank you ladies! :mrgreen:

The outside is completely finished! I placed the flooring and walls down for the interior. I will take more screenshots when I go in game later on tonight.
    Here is just a couple more from yesterday night:
    image_zps7b0a0bc8.jpg
    image_zps0f46dcad.jpg

I, myself, am loving the outcome of this house. The things in the pictures may change in the future while building.
    edited January 2014
    It's 2am for me and I'm calling it a night.

Got a lot done.
    image_zps5f8b4eaf.jpg

image_zps05afeb9b.jpg

image_zpsca1219df.jpg

image_zps596f62e3.jpg

image_zps0c3d9752.jpg

image_zps84c7eca1.jpg

Here is a sneak peak of the unfinished kitchen.
    image_zps86605db5.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and plants along the edges of the house and alongside the hedge fencing. Very nice courtyard area where you have surrounded the tree with the flowers. The placement of the lights on the exterior walls looks very nice. Very nice pool area! It looks very nice how you have placed the waterfall fountain on the side of the pool and placed the flowers around it! Great shape of the pool. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside of the loungers. It looks nice how you have set up the canopy with the loungers underneath it, and have the lemonade jug on the table and the drinks trolley nearby . It is a nice setting for sims to enjoy relaxing in the outdoors air. Nice covered over outdoors kitchen area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors at the dining table. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when eating there. The design of the kitchen is looking great.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
    edited January 2014
    Fabulous mansion! :D It looks so grand! :thumbup:
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited January 2014
    Buena Vista is looking absolutely stunning so far, I am really liking the landscaping, I can't wait to see the final product :mrgreen: I had a quick glance at your other builds, they look great also, I will go through and rec them all when I he back to my computer :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

edited January 2014
    The mansion will cost a sim an arm and a leg. :shock:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    Lovely builds! Your WIP is looking gorgeous :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    Great WIP, I will look forward to seeing more :D
    edited January 2014
    Hey guys I'm back! College is keeping me busy. I finally finished the kitchen. And I will spend most of this weekend working on the other rooms.

image_zps58f61851.jpg

image_zps8486afac.jpg

image_zps9a9b9403.jpg

image_zps1ff38b9f.jpg

image_zps61cde6b0.jpg

image_zps2acd059e.jpg
    edited January 2014
    The kitchen looks very nice! :) It looks great how you have done the platformed dining area there. The placement of the pictures on the side wall near the dining area and on the wall behind the fountain looks great. It looks nice that you have placed plants either side of the fountain. Great design of the kitchen. The texture you have used for the kitchen walls looks nice. The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice touch. Great wall enclosed bar counter area. Nice type of bar stools that you have used there. It looks nice how you have placed the pictures on the inner side of the bar counter areafor sims to see whilst sitting there.
    It is looking great!
    edited January 2014
    Lovely kitchen and breakfast bar. Great space! :D
    edited January 2014
    Thank you both! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited February 2014
    Hello there! :mrgreen:

I moved BV from a 60x60 to a 64x64 and I made a few changes to the exterior.

image_zpsc212fb0d.jpg

image_zps2b475c58.jpg

Here's another finished room.

image_zps2b2c9ded.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2014
    Very grand exterior! Love it! :D
    edited February 2014
    I can't decide which pool tile to use, and I would like your opinion.

Which one do you like best?

1.)
    image_zpsaaafb4af.jpg

2.)
    image_zps3f2b4ab8.jpg
    edited February 2014
    First floor is nearly finished! Feeling very accomplished since I just spent 4 hours furnishing and decorating this humongous house. It has already crossed the 1,000,000 simoleon border so it will definitely cost an arm and leg unless you use the free real estate cheat. But anyway, I'm calling it quits for tonight.

Bye for now!

~Tay
  • Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited February 2014
    Great WIP pictures so far. I've never built anything larger than 40x40, nor have I built something worth more than 1 million Simoleons. :shock: Right now my current WIP is around 500K and might get up to 700, but not 1 million!

Also I like the first pool tile more, it is more interesting. :) Have fun!
  • HotchReidMorganHotchReidMorgan Posts: 90
    edited February 2014
    My gosh! I'm loving this thread. Such a beautiful home. I've bookmarked it so I can find it easily to keep up with your progress. =)
    edited February 2014
    First floor is completed, now on to the next one!

Arcade for your gamer? Check!
    image_zpsf165dd21.jpg

Science lab for your nerd? Check!
    image_zps386c10a3.jpg

Gym for your athlete? Check!
    image_zps9d7232fd.jpg

Art Studio for your art lover? Check!
    image_zpsc1578226.jpg

Music Room for your musician? Check!
    image_zps7b9b3d78.jpg

Place where you can blast movie volumes? Check!
    image_zps78d16702.jpg

~Tay
    edited February 2014
    @Angel_D0109, yes it takes a long time to build this size of a lot. That's why I stuck with 50x50 or smaller. My first two lots that I built when I first joined this site were that size and since I was still a newbie at building sim houses, it took me FOREVER to finish. :shock:

@HotchReidMorgan, thank you so much! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looking fabulous, keep em coming! :)